Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The points on the player pool page in the points column doesn't match the points on the projections page in the fantasy points column under setup. When I open a new file P. Manning has 317 on the player pool page. and 340 on the projections page. After entering my scoring system, He has 287.5 on the player pool and 308 on the projections.This caught my eye because on this new version (g) Willie Parker has jumped to #3 RB. J. Addai is at #6 but has better projected stats.Please check this out and let me know

The Projections page is the full season, while the player pool is, usually, only weeks 1-16 (since most fantasy leagues are over by then), and, each week's estimated score is multiplied by the variable in the Weekly Weights column in the Game by Game window. If you've weighted some weeks higher than others, players who score better those weeks will be ranked higher in the Player Pool.

I would like to be able to sort the player pool by ADP (for when Im drafting) but then be able to also sort the the player pool by VBD when needed. Is this possible?

I have a problem:

The program does not save fractual values in the settings. Everytime I start

it, the poinst per passing/rushing/receiving yard are 0 instead of 0,05; 0,1; 0,1

the values I set them too before saving.

I also tried to set the roster requierements to 2,8 WR and 1,2 TE since

my league has a WR/TE flex spot, but the values are also always reseted to 2 and 1 after a

new start.

I have a problem:The program does not save fractual values in the settings. Everytime I startit, the poinst per passing/rushing/receiving yard are 0 instead of 0,05; 0,1; 0,1the values I set them too before saving.I also tried to set the roster requierements to 2,8 WR and 1,2 TE sincemy league has a WR/TE flex spot, but the values are also always reseted to 2 and 1 after anew start.

maybe try using the decimal point < . > instead of the comma < , >. > ,

I have a problem:The program does not save fractual values in the settings. Everytime I startit, the poinst per passing/rushing/receiving yard are 0 instead of 0,05; 0,1; 0,1the values I set them too before saving.I also tried to set the roster requierements to 2,8 WR and 1,2 TE sincemy league has a WR/TE flex spot, but the values are also always reseted to 2 and 1 after anew start.

maybe try using the decimal point < . > instead of the comma < , >. > ,
Yep, and make sure your Regional Settings use a dot . for a decimal point, rather than a comma ,From Windows - Click Start - Control Panel - Regional and Language Options. And set the number to use a dot .

Hi Bruce

My league does not designate specific numbers of RB/WR/TE starters, instead it simply states we must start 5 players from those 3 positions - we can start 5 RBs, 5 WRs, or indeed any combination of the three positions. So you can actually not start a RB (or indeed WR or TE, of course). Do you have any suggestions as to how I should enter the positions into the set-up? The default setting if entering 5 in the flex positions leaves RBs valued too highly - leaving for instance Rudi Johnson higher in the player pool than Chad despite being 35 points adrift.

What I am trying to achieve (and please tell me if you think I'm wrong here) is a setting which values WRs/RBs totally on projected fantasy points - if a WR projects to 225pts and a RB to 224 the WR would be higher ranked in the player pool. At the moment the setting that seems closest is to set RB at 1.9 and WR at 3.1 (and TE at 0). Does this seem to make sense to you? Also, when I run this setting, Manning ends up as the number 3 overall pick. Does this seem intuitively correct to you i.e. that the downgrading of the RB position in this league caused by the freedom to start any combination of 5 RBs/WRs/TEs could cause Manning's value to rise sharply? Bulger comes in at 21 overall, Brady at 23 and Brees and Palmer squeeze in to the top 30 too. I'm just not sure I'm comfortable with these rankings but maybe I should be with this player line-up system?

The scoring is basic perf, 1 per 25 pass, -3 int, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 4 pass TD, 5 rec TD, 6 rush TD, 1pt per rec for all players.

Thanks for advice.

I'd look at leaving the Flex at 5... and playing with the Baselines. If you use the User Configurable by Points... and set the RB and WR points to the same (for example 200 points)... then the RBs and WRs will be on the same scale. You will want to put TEs on this scale as well.

I'd look at leaving the Flex at 5... and playing with the Baselines. If you use the User Configurable by Points... and set the RB and WR points to the same (for example 200 points)... then the RBs and WRs will be on the same scale. You will want to put TEs on this scale as well.

Thanks for the reply and advice. I have never really tinkered with the Baselines before, just used Joe's secret formula. It's no problem to get the WRs and RBs on the same scale, but I have no idea how to relate those to the other positions. Inputting something close to the worst starter method, for instance, means the DD then has Manning at 3 overall, and Baltimore and Chicago at 4 and 5 overall. I'm not sure I believe the integrity of these figures, but equally it doesn't seem right to just shuffle about with the figures to make the defenses be, say, fourth or fifth round picks instead - I wanted the DD to tell me where each player/team should be valued rather than me telling it! Have I got the wrong idea here?

Hello,

First let me say that I love your website and the DD program and the VDB excel file. I have used it in conjuction with some mock drafts and have loved the results (following your draft strategy article from the magazine) This is my first year using your system. I have read the users manual and FAQ questions, but am still not sure about a few things and was hoping you could assist.

I play in a 10 team, 16 round non-keeper league where we start the following:

1 QB

1 RB and 3 WR's OR 2 RB's and 2 WR's (it seems those that win every year play the 2 RB, 2 WR set-up.)

1 TE

1 DEF

It is a PPR league.

My questions are as follows:

1. When setting up the general information, should I input 1 RB or 2 RB, thus affecting if I set up 2 or 3 WR's for the starting input. OR, do I something different and set up 1 RB, 2 WR's and put 1 in the flex position?

2. I have not tinkered with the VBD baseline and have left it on Joe's secret formula. Should I change the VBD baseline and manually input numbers? If so, what would be recommended settings?

3. Why are the values for the VBD excel file different (in this case higher) than the DD projections? (I updated both files today and the VBD file has the top 50 ranked slightly different along with different point totals. For example, LT scores 408 with the VBD file and 380 in the DD program. All scoring statistics are identical as I have rechecked multiple times)

Thanks for your help.

Dirty Dogs

Edited by dirty dogs

Thanks for the reply and advice. I have never really tinkered with the Baselines before, just used Joe's secret formula. It's no problem to get the WRs and RBs on the same scale, but I have no idea how to relate those to the other positions. Inputting something close to the worst starter method, for instance, means the DD then has Manning at 3 overall, and Baltimore and Chicago at 4 and 5 overall. I'm not sure I believe the integrity of these figures, but equally it doesn't seem right to just shuffle about with the figures to make the defenses be, say, fourth or fifth round picks instead - I wanted the DD to tell me where each player/team should be valued rather than me telling it! Have I got the wrong idea here?
In that case... check Joe's baseline... and then note the fantasy points for each position where the VBD value is 0. Put these number in the User Configurable by Points for each position... and go with a number between the RBs and WRs for those to get the RBs and WRs on the same scale.

Hello,First let me say that I love your website and the DD program and the VDB excel file. I have used it in conjuction with some mock drafts and have loved the results (following your draft strategy article from the magazine) This is my first year using your system. I have read the users manual and FAQ questions, but am still not sure about a few things and was hoping you could assist.I play in a 10 team, 16 round non-keeper league where we start the following:1 QB1 RB and 3 WR's OR 2 RB's and 2 WR's (it seems those that win every year play the 2 RB, 2 WR set-up.)1 TE1 DEFIt is a PPR league.My questions are as follows:1. When setting up the general information, should I input 1 RB or 2 RB, thus affecting if I set up 2 or 3 WR's for the starting input. OR, do I something different and set up 1 RB, 2 WR's and put 1 in the flex position?2. I have not tinkered with the VBD baseline and have left it on Joe's secret formula. Should I change the VBD baseline and manually input numbers? If so, what would be recommended settings?3. Why are the values for the VBD excel file different (in this case higher) than the DD projections? (I updated both files today and the VBD file has the top 50 ranked slightly different along with different point totals. For example, LT scores 408 with the VBD file and 380 in the DD program. All scoring statistics are identical as I have rechecked multiple times)Thanks for your help.Dirty Dogs

1. I'd lean towards RB=1, WR=2 and Flex=1.2. I'd run with Joe's.3. The Player Pool is weighed by the Weekly Weights. Look at the bottom of the Game By Game window. Uncheck the Use Weekly Weights checkbox and click Recalculate. This will make the Player Pool Points the same. By the default schedule or by your schedule, week 17's weight is set to zero, so the Player Pool only shows 16 weeks worth of points. You can use the weekly weights to set your divisional opponents or the playoff weeks to a little heavier weight... say 1.2, this will affect the player pool points too.

In that case... check Joe's baseline... and then note the fantasy points for each position where the VBD value is 0. Put these number in the User Configurable by Points for each position... and go with a number between the RBs and WRs for those to get the RBs and WRs on the same scale.

Thanks for the help Bruce. I've now got to a stage where I'm comfortable with the rankings in the DD.Incidentally, a couple of pieces of advice that I'm sure have been aired before but are worth repeating. First, double check everything you input in terms of your league scoring etc. I have 2 leagues with the same scoring system and couldn't work out why the Ravens D was ranked 35 overall in one league (our league scores heavy D points) but 54 in the other. Then I realised that I'd put 3 for a safety and 4 for an int in one league instead of the other way round. That tiny typo made a difference of 19 spots on the overall rankings.Secondly, do look into importing the average projections rather than relying just on the David Dodds ones. Manning got bumped down by 12 spots in my league once I'd swapped to the average projections even though on the face of it there isn't a huge amount between the five sets of projections. Edited by Lord Lucan

Thanks for the help Bruce. I've now got to a stage where I'm comfortable with the rankings in the DD.

Incidentally, a couple of pieces of advice that I'm sure have been aired before but are worth repeating. First, double check everything you input in terms of your league scoring etc. I have 2 leagues with the same scoring system and couldn't work out why the Ravens D was ranked 35 overall in one league (our league scores heavy D points) but 54 in the other. Then I realised that I'd put 3 for a safety and 4 for an int in one league instead of the other way round. That tiny typo made a difference of 19 spots on the overall rankings.

Secondly, do look into importing the average projections rather than relying just on the David Dodds ones. Manning got bumped down by 12 spots in my league once I'd swapped to the average projections even though on the face of it there isn't a huge amount between the five sets of projections.

Can you please explain the easiest way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the help Bruce. I've now got to a stage where I'm comfortable with the rankings in the DD.

Incidentally, a couple of pieces of advice that I'm sure have been aired before but are worth repeating. First, double check everything you input in terms of your league scoring etc. I have 2 leagues with the same scoring system and couldn't work out why the Ravens D was ranked 35 overall in one league (our league scores heavy D points) but 54 in the other. Then I realised that I'd put 3 for a safety and 4 for an int in one league instead of the other way round. That tiny typo made a difference of 19 spots on the overall rankings.

Secondly, do look into importing the average projections rather than relying just on the David Dodds ones. Manning got bumped down by 12 spots in my league once I'd swapped to the average projections even though on the face of it there isn't a huge amount between the five sets of projections.

Can you please explain the easiest way to do this? Thanks in advance.
Use the Set weights feature within Projections Dominator to average out the experts. Save the file and then from within DD import the same PD file.

If you are using custom ADP's you need to be aware of the impact on ADP. Check this post.

Joel

I just want to tighten up my settings for the two leagues I'm playing in this year. And, these may be very dumb or easy questions, but I haven't been able to find a solid answer in any of the threads.

1. In the Best Value Pick window, shouldn't I be using the DVBD number to help make my picks? I know it's tied in with the Need Mult, but I just want to make sure I am correct in assuming this. Is this affected by the total roster spots?

2. How much difference does it make to change the total Roster Spots at each position in the Setup Menu? Neither of the leagues have roster limits at each position. In a 16 Round Draft with 8 starters, a guy could draft his 8 starters then have 8 more RBs. (This would never happen) I'm concerned about how I should set the roster spots at each position. I would like this to be as close as to real life, and I have looked over how teams in my leagues have drafted the last few years. So, the question is, what's the best setting for total Roster Spots?

Here are the stats:

LEAGUE 1: Start 8 (1QB, 2RB, 3WR+TE, 1PK, 1DF), 16 Roster Spots(16 rounds).

LEAGUE 2: Start 8 (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DF), 16 Roster Spots(16 rounds).

Any help on these topics would be helpful, as I am running through mock draft after mock draft!

I just want to tighten up my settings for the two leagues I'm playing in this year. And, these may be very dumb or easy questions, but I haven't been able to find a solid answer in any of the threads.1. In the Best Value Pick window, shouldn't I be using the DVBD number to help make my picks? I know it's tied in with the Need Mult, but I just want to make sure I am correct in assuming this. Is this affected by the total roster spots?

Yes, follow the DVBD. You'll see the need muliplier change as you run through your mocks.

2. How much difference does it make to change the total Roster Spots at each position in the Setup Menu? Neither of the leagues have roster limits at each position. In a 16 Round Draft with 8 starters, a guy could draft his 8 starters then have 8 more RBs. (This would never happen) I'm concerned about how I should set the roster spots at each position. I would like this to be as close as to real life, and I have looked over how teams in my leagues have drafted the last few years. So, the question is, what's the best setting for total Roster Spots?Here are the stats:LEAGUE 1: Start 8 (1QB, 2RB, 3WR+TE, 1PK, 1DF), 16 Roster Spots(16 rounds).LEAGUE 2: Start 8 (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DF), 16 Roster Spots(16 rounds).Any help on these topics would be helpful, as I am running through mock draft after mock draft!

Use what you are comfortable with having on your team. You can start with 2QB, 4RB, 4WR, 2TE, 2PK, 2DF and adjust from there. Maybe you only need one kicker and want an extra WR or RB...You can also set your roster size to be bigger than 16, say 2QB, 5RB, 5WR, 2TE, 2PK, 2DF for your mocks and see what your team looks like.Good luck.Joel

How often will updates to the ADP figures be available in the days leading up to the start of the season? The current figures are from the 9th, which is a bit stale.

Thanks in advance. Great application!

How often will updates to the ADP figures be available in the days leading up to the start of the season? The current figures are from the 9th, which is a bit stale.Thanks in advance. Great application!

The next release should have updated ADP info in it.

What projections/rankings do you guys use for the Draft Dominator? In looking at the rankings for my DD comapred with the overall rankings on the site, and there are a lot of discrepencies.

I know my league uses different scoring system, but its not that dfferent. My league uses 1 point per 10 yards rushing and receiving with 6 points for TDs instead fo every 20 yards....and 1 point per 25 for passing with 6 points per td and -2 for ints instead of 20 4 and -1.

Basically whos rankings/projections are used? Thanks.

I am supplying player sheets for our live draft for people to track the players. is there any way to prnt out the cheatsheets without the values and alphabetically?

If you have Excel, I'd probably export the Player Pool, double click on the csv file, and sort it by position and last name in Excel. Then delete the columns you don't want and format and print the way you want.

Is there a way to tell the mock draft to not select a particular position (for example, team defense) until the 7th round or later?

Thanks

If you have Excel, I'd probably export the Player Pool, double click on the csv file, and sort it by position and last name in Excel. Then delete the columns you don't want and format and print the way you want.

when I export the player pool, it looks like the names are formated First and then last. Unfortunatly when i alphabetize them it only lets me do it by the first name.Anyone else here have a file list I can use?

Is there a way to tell the mock draft to not select a particular position (for example, team defense) until the 7th round or later?Thanks

When doing a mock, you are typically having other teams draft by ADP, so those won't change. For your own team, the best you can do is to set the "Wait until X players taken" value on the setup screen.

when I export the player pool, it looks like the names are formated First and then last. Unfortunatly when i alphabetize them it only lets me do it by the first name.Anyone else here have a file list I can use?
In excel, you can sort by multiple columns... Click Data - Sort, then sort first by Position, and second by Last name.

Can you adjust the width of the Player Pool window? The width seems fixed to the tabs. I adjust the size of the window, but the tabs and data stay the same size. I'd like to be able to see Notes in the window, similar to #3 in Dominating your Draft article.

You should be able to stretch it as wide as you want. What is your screen resolution set at? 1024 x 768 or bigger is recommended. To check your screen resolution, right click on a blank spot on your windows Desktop, click Properties from the popup menu, then click Settings, and adjust the Screen Resolution slider bar near the bottom.

You should be able to stretch it as wide as you want. What is your screen resolution set at? 1024 x 768 or bigger is recommended. To check your screen resolution, right click on a blank spot on your windows Desktop, click Properties from the popup menu, then click Settings, and adjust the Screen Resolution slider bar near the bottom.

Thanks Bruce, I figured it out tonight. When I'm running extended desktop from my laptop, it gets stuck for some reason. My laptop is 1400x1050 and my lcd is 1920x1200. If I just run it on my laptop alone, it works fine. I probably need to tweak my ATI drivers to swap primary displays.

What would be equal to 1/2 point per reception?

0.5pt/reception :blackdot:

Not sure how to set up this scoring....help. 14 man redraft. Start 1,1,2,1,1 w/ a rb,wr, flex

Pass TDs are 4pts... 40-79yd TD=2pt bonus 80+=4pt bonus

For RB/WR/TE its 6pts/td 40-79tds =2 point bonus 80+tds=4pt bonus

thanks

Not sure how to set up this scoring....help. 14 man redraft. Start 1,1,2,1,1 w/ a rb,wr, flexPass TDs are 4pts... 40-79yd TD=2pt bonus 80+=4pt bonusFor RB/WR/TE its 6pts/td 40-79tds =2 point bonus 80+tds=4pt bonusthanks

In scoring screen, where it says Points per Passing TD, put 5 for 40 to 49 and 7 for 50+Where is says Points per Rushing Receiving TD's, put 8 for 40 to 49 and 9 for 50+

Not sure how to set up this scoring....help. 14 man redraft. Start 1,1,2,1,1 w/ a rb,wr, flexPass TDs are 4pts... 40-79yd TD=2pt bonus 80+=4pt bonusFor RB/WR/TE its 6pts/td 40-79tds =2 point bonus 80+tds=4pt bonusthanks

In scoring screen, where it says Points per Passing TD, put 5 for 40 to 49 and 7 for 50+Where is says Points per Rushing Receiving TD's, put 8 for 40 to 49 and 9 for 50+
thanks a lot!! Just in time...drafting in 10 minutes!!!

I have DD installed and set up, I don't have PD installed.

How can I change the player projections so they aren't just Dodds' projections?

Thanks.

I have DD installed and set up, I don't have PD installed.How can I change the player projections so they aren't just Dodds' projections?Thanks.

You can either manually change them OR you can install PD, get the latest projections, weight them acordingly and then import into DD. If you've never used PD, once it's installed, you can import a DD file to bring in your scoring system.Either way, check the PD thread at the top of the forum...Good luck.

I have DD installed and set up, I don't have PD installed.How can I change the player projections so they aren't just Dodds' projections?Thanks.

You can either manually change them OR you can install PD, get the latest projections, weight them acordingly and then import into DD. If you've never used PD, once it's installed, you can import a DD file to bring in your scoring system.Either way, check the PD thread at the top of the forum...Good luck.
Thanks, I meant that I want to spread the projection %'s among the other expert ratings already in the data and not just have 100% Dodds.It sounds like the answer is to install PD and that what I was trying to do can't be done in DD by itself.

Thanks, I meant that I want to spread the projection %'s among the other expert ratings already in the data and not just have 100% Dodds.It sounds like the answer is to install PD and that what I was trying to do can't be done in DD by itself.
Correct.

Hi. I used the draft dominator for my draft today but when I got done, the team strengths shows zeroes for all teams. What's up with that? It worked for my 12 team league but not my 10 team league. Just wondering if you can help. Thanks.

Hi. I used the draft dominator for my draft today but when I got done, the team strengths shows zeroes for all teams. What's up with that? It worked for my 12 team league but not my 10 team league. Just wondering if you can help. Thanks.

You need to have a schedule entered under setup.

After the beginning of the season, does Draft Dominator no longer get updated? Currently, the last update was 9/3 and I find the tool useful all year long

After the beginning of the season, does Draft Dominator no longer get updated? Currently, the last update was 9/3 and I find the tool useful all year long

Starting in week 2, you need to switch to Lineup Dominator. You can import your DD file directly into LD. Joel

Is there a thread somewhere that indicates when the DD's newest version comes out if there were bugs fixed or just updated projections? I would prefer to "get latest projections" and only do installs again when fixes have been made.

Please point me in the right direction or maybe pin an update link.

Thanks!

When I use the Get Latest Projections function, for some reason I'm getting last years projections.

What am I doing wrong?

When I use the Get Latest Projections function, for some reason I'm getting last years projections.What am I doing wrong?

You can disregard my last post. I just deleted my old DD and reloaded the new one & it worked.

Been getting a strange bug, for some reason late in the drafts the Best Value window and Draft Status window keep recommending Washington DEF... my pick will come up and that name will be highlighted and the list will jump to it. However, it's DVBD is 0... 0 Dropoff, 0 Drop Value, 0.5 Need Mult=DVBD of 0. Every other position has a higher DVBD of course.

Now, it is the highest Need Mult that the DD can legally pick (I've got it set to not pick PKs or TEs by using the "Do Not Pick Until X player taken" and setting X high), so is that why it's recommending it next, even though there's higher DVBDs out there? Plenty of room in roster spots for a 5th RB (set max to 6) or 3rd QB (set max to 3).

Hi Bruce - I have an issue regarding my draft set up. Several teams still register a "Skip a Pick" entry from last year that I can't clear. I've cleared teams and uninstalled/installed, and can't get rid of these.

thanks for all the hard work.

cm

Hi Bruce - I have an issue regarding my draft set up. Several teams still register a "Skip a Pick" entry from last year that I can't clear. I've cleared teams and uninstalled/installed, and can't get rid of these.thanks for all the hard work.cm

Open up your DD League file (*.ddf) with Notepad, and remove all the lines with players on them. Save your file, then reopen it up in the DD. That should work.