Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Hi Bruce - I have an issue regarding my draft set up. Several teams still register a "Skip a Pick" entry from last year that I can't clear. I've cleared teams and uninstalled/installed, and can't get rid of these.thanks for all the hard work.cm

Open up your DD League file (*.ddf) with Notepad, and remove all the lines with players on them. Save your file, then reopen it up in the DD. That should work.
that worked - many thanks GoBears84 :thumbup:

OK I have a total newbie question, that I have searched over an hour for the answer. So excuse the lameness.

Is there a way to update any and all changes of my leagues activities once the MFL import has been used to set-up

the league in DD?

For example, I dropped a player on MFL, and when I checked DD, the player was crossed out in the depth charts.

I used the MFL import program and saved that download, the player was not crossed out in the depth chart in DD.

Do I have to use the MFL import program if I want my league updated on DD?

TIA

Chris

Alright I am doing a draft and I have cleared rosters twice, tried to change the ddf file through Notepad and nothing works.

Chris Chambers was drafted but it keeps switching him to DB180 Chris Cahmberlain. Do you have any ideas on how I can correct this?

BTW, we do not draft individual defensive players.

Alright I am doing a draft and I have cleared rosters twice, tried to change the ddf file through Notepad and nothing works. Chris Chambers was drafted but it keeps switching him to DB180 Chris Cahmberlain. Do you have any ideas on how I can correct this?BTW, we do not draft individual defensive players.

Go into Projections and delete the Bogus Chris Chambers.

Alright I am doing a draft and I have cleared rosters twice, tried to change the ddf file through Notepad and nothing works. Chris Chambers was drafted but it keeps switching him to DB180 Chris Cahmberlain. Do you have any ideas on how I can correct this?BTW, we do not draft individual defensive players.

Could you walk me through how to do this. I am unable to find the bogus Chambers and/or Chamberlain anywhere.

Could you walk me through how to do this. I am unable to find the bogus Chambers and/or Chamberlain anywhere.
It appears as though it's been fixed in the lastest revision. Download the new DD and retry.

It appears as though it's been fixed in the lastest revision. Download the new DD and retry.
I first had to go into my ddf file and rename all fix all Chambers & Chamberlain to WR, then download the latest DD to get the most recent projections, ADP, ... It is now corrected.Thank you for all your help.

I am having a very strange problem with Draft Dominator; it is not correctly calculating the fantasy points. I have checked and doublechecked the scoring settings, and I can't find anything wrong. I use projection dominator with draft dominator. I noticed problem because the fantasy points in draft dominator were different than the fantasy points in projection dominator even though the projected stats were the same.

To try and isolate the problem, I went into the projection worksheet for draft dominator and started changing the projections one criteria at a time for a free agent (whose projection was initally zero across the board). This is what I found

For passing yards, the player gets .025 pts for each yard. At low numbers, the calculation is correct, but for a 1000 yards, the fantasy points are 23 points not 25 points. As the yards passed increase, the error increases.

For TDs, the player gets 6 pts (whether pass, rush, or receiving). The fantasy points for 1 TD is correct. If a player has two TDs, however, the fantasy points are 11 points, not 12 points. For ten TDs, the fantasy points are 57 not 60.

For receptions, RBs and WRs get one point per reception. The fantasy points are correct up to 9, but for 50, the fantasy points are 47, not 50. For 100 receptions, the fantasy points are 94 points, not 100.

I assume that I did something stupid somewhere that is easy to fix or I have somehow corrupted the file.

Any help on why this is occurring or what the solution is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am having a very strange problem with Draft Dominator; it is not correctly calculating the fantasy points. I have checked and doublechecked the scoring settings, and I can't find anything wrong. I use projection dominator with draft dominator. I noticed problem because the fantasy points in draft dominator were different than the fantasy points in projection dominator even though the projected stats were the same.To try and isolate the problem, I went into the projection worksheet for draft dominator and started changing the projections one criteria at a time for a free agent (whose projection was initally zero across the board). This is what I foundFor passing yards, the player gets .025 pts for each yard. At low numbers, the calculation is correct, but for a 1000 yards, the fantasy points are 23 points not 25 points. As the yards passed increase, the error increases.For TDs, the player gets 6 pts (whether pass, rush, or receiving). The fantasy points for 1 TD is correct. If a player has two TDs, however, the fantasy points are 11 points, not 12 points. For ten TDs, the fantasy points are 57 not 60.For receptions, RBs and WRs get one point per reception. The fantasy points are correct up to 9, but for 50, the fantasy points are 47, not 50. For 100 receptions, the fantasy points are 94 points, not 100.I assume that I did something stupid somewhere that is easy to fix or I have somehow corrupted the file. Any help on why this is occurring or what the solution is would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

DD defaults to a 16 week schedule, PD is 17 weeks. That causes an ~6% point reduction across the board. If you want it to match(or your league does play a 17 week schedule) then goto File, Setup, Schedule and add week 17. You would also then want to make sure week 17 is weighted properly in the game by game projection window.

I am having a very strange problem with Draft Dominator; it is not correctly calculating the fantasy points. I have checked and doublechecked the scoring settings, and I can't find anything wrong. I use projection dominator with draft dominator. I noticed problem because the fantasy points in draft dominator were different than the fantasy points in projection dominator even though the projected stats were the same.To try and isolate the problem, I went into the projection worksheet for draft dominator and started changing the projections one criteria at a time for a free agent (whose projection was initally zero across the board). This is what I foundFor passing yards, the player gets .025 pts for each yard. At low numbers, the calculation is correct, but for a 1000 yards, the fantasy points are 23 points not 25 points. As the yards passed increase, the error increases.For TDs, the player gets 6 pts (whether pass, rush, or receiving). The fantasy points for 1 TD is correct. If a player has two TDs, however, the fantasy points are 11 points, not 12 points. For ten TDs, the fantasy points are 57 not 60.For receptions, RBs and WRs get one point per reception. The fantasy points are correct up to 9, but for 50, the fantasy points are 47, not 50. For 100 receptions, the fantasy points are 94 points, not 100.I assume that I did something stupid somewhere that is easy to fix or I have somehow corrupted the file. Any help on why this is occurring or what the solution is would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

DD defaults to a 16 week schedule, PD is 17 weeks. That causes an ~6% point reduction across the board. If you want it to match(or your league does play a 17 week schedule) then goto File, Setup, Schedule and add week 17. You would also then want to make sure week 17 is weighted properly in the game by game projection window.
Besides the embarrasment of not being able to have figured this out (including reading posts on a similar issue and just not getting it), thanks for the help. I now get it.

Last year I could install this without being an administrator, this year I cannot. Is there a different package I can download that doesn't require this?

Steve

A note on the DD download page on what was changed for the latest version posted would be nice. :popcorn:

Last year I could install this without being an administrator, this year I cannot. Is there a different package I can download that doesn't require this?Steve

Sounds like you are using Vista. Instead of putting it in c:\Program Files\DraftDominator use c:\DraftDominator instead.

Last year I could install this without being an administrator, this year I cannot. Is there a different package I can download that doesn't require this?Steve

Sounds like you are using Vista. Instead of putting it in c:\Program Files\DraftDominator use c:\DraftDominator instead.
No, it's a work PC that is somewhat locked down. The package this year requires you to be an administrator, last year did not. I just installed it on my laptop just fine.

A note on the DD download page on what was changed for the latest version posted would be nice. :confused:

I agree.

No, it's a work PC that is somewhat locked down. The package this year requires you to be an administrator, last year did not. I just installed it on my laptop just fine.
I have the exact same issue/scenario--any help is greatly appreciated--I'm on Windows XP Professional.

Last year I could install this without being an administrator, this year I cannot. Is there a different package I can download that doesn't require this?

Steve

I have the exact same issue/scenario--any help is greatly appreciated--I'm on Windows XP Professional.
Can you install it on a Flash Drive?

Steve

Can you install it on a Flash Drive?
Worked flawlessly! Thanks for the tip...You saved me!

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, but I just couldn't find it.

Is there a way to change a players position within draft dominator?

My league goes off of league software for resolving player positions (for tweeners) and have different scoring for each position.

In this case, Terrell Suggs is the player in question, as currently he is listed as a DE, while in our league he will end up being treated as a LB.

Thanks,

Here you will just have to add Suggs to the LB tab... and remove him from the DL tab.
Im having this problem - only in reverse - this year. I tried using the Remove Player button on the LB tab and the Add Player button on the DL tab, but it didnt seem to have any effect on Suggs' position. Is there a different way to switch a player's position in this version of the LD?

Not sure if this is the right place to add requests for DD improvements. If not, someone please point me to the right place and I will repost.

It would be helpful in some leagues if it were possible to group positions together for a given NFL team. For example, to enable drafting of the "Team QB" for an NFL team, rather than individual NFL QBs. Behind the scenes, DD would just add all the projected stats of the QBs for each team and present the combined total for each team QB in the draft list. In theory, if you could do this for one position, you should be able to do it for any position, though it is most likely to come up at QB and K in my experience.

Not sure if this is the right place to add requests for DD improvements. If not, someone please point me to the right place and I will repost.

It would be helpful in some leagues if it were possible to group positions together for a given NFL team. For example, to enable drafting of the "Team QB" for an NFL team, rather than individual NFL QBs. Behind the scenes, DD would just add all the projected stats of the QBs for each team and present the combined total for each team QB in the draft list. In theory, if you could do this for one position, you should be able to do it for any position, though it is most likely to come up at QB and K in my experience.

Actually, it's a request for parallel improvements to both products.

I ran a copy over to the pinned "Get Better" thread in the Pool.

Edited by Toads

Yo, Bruce....a couple of Q's regarding the DD and setting it's VBD Baseline:

1) For the "User Configurable By Points Rank": want to confirm that the easiest/truest settings come from setting the points scored by the average player at each position and then installing that value in the appropriate player entry field?

2) For the "User Configurable By Position Rank":

a) I tried installing the values that are provided by "Mauiriles Auction Method" in the appropriate slot. I see where varying the starting player position mix on the General>Starters value set up changes these values.....it allows for flex considerations by playing the mix back and forth to establish these flexed player numbers.

b) There is another method that I used here.....take the information for average points/player from the MFL Reports>League>Starter Pts-Position sort. Correlate that to how many starters/position there are that finish equal to or high than that average points/game.....for instance, there are 17 RB's that score above the position average for RB's (17.4/game) in my test league.

OK....so, here's the clinker: when you compare those two ways (three actual alternatives), above, to the results from "Joe's Secret Formula", there's an interesting result:

1) Joe's and Point Value yield similar results with the VBD zero point (0)....the zero VBD values occure at 76 to 82 range in Joe's formula and at an absolute point in the Point Value Rank....that absolute point (the "zero value") being at the 78 valued, or ranked, player.....these two methods seem to be related, i.e., that Joe's secret formula is based on Point Value Method.

2) If Position Rank values reflect players that score above the average for their position....pretty close to the same result....the zero VBD player is spread over a little lower range than Joe's....from #84 to #92.

3) If Position Rank values reflect players that are the result of those in Mauriles auction value, the effect is to spread the VBD point much lower....to the zero occuring in the 162 through 168 range.....a noticable difference.

This leads me to the conclusion that installing Maurilies Values into the configurable by Point Value Rank doesn't work.

What I do wish to confirm is the manner in which I installed values for 2(b) above....that is the correct way to use that method for Position Rank.:tumbleweed:

Bruce: your copy from another thread.

In the past few years, the first set of projections along with 1st DD release has been right around last weekend of May/1st week of June.

You probably don't want to set up any leagues with the old DD version because they do tend to make annual additions to the DD so you will eventually have to download the 2009 version and start over again at that point to avoid any bugs.

It depends on the changes Bruce makes. I haven't had any problems importing league files the last couple of years...
The problems aren't associated with changes. The problems are that if you've prostituded the DD function for off-season results (i.e., customized for drafting in the pre-NFL Draft time), you're stuck with that version for the next period.

For instance: a custom scoring may need false indicators to get the installed player values up to the League norm. When the seasonal update occures, the values set for the established players, and the doctored scoring indicators, need to be left intact.

To accomplish that, you just don't import values for players that you've pre-established, i.e., you continue to use the artificially altered veteran's values that you've established for the pre-season.

It would sure be a good idea to just issue the Rookies and their team affiliations in a seperate release....in a "Rookie Lite" version if you will.

Everybody's gonna tweak the Rookie values anyway. But to pre-load the Rookies, and their team affiliations, into a quick update would sure be the "Cat's Meow."

Identify the values attached to each Rookie with a qualifier....that the points are a best guestimate and that the Importer has to be aware of the method used to establish individual Rookie player point values.

Edited by Toads

Had a problem using DD last night. In the Best Value Pick window, the Dropoff and Drop Value columns only show values when it's my pick. When anyone else is on the clock, those 2 columns are blank. Has anyone else had this problem? I've done plenty of mock drafts with DD and never seen this problem.

This occurs when "Draft other teams by ADP" is checked, uncheck it. Suggest using a variety of available ADP Lists for Mocks on the "Team Names" tab instead.

This occurs when "Draft other teams by ADP" is checked, uncheck it. Suggest using a variety of available ADP Lists for Mocks on the "Team Names" tab instead.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

This is my first year as a subscriber. Im practicing mock drafts with the draft dominator and keep having trouble keeping up with picks when people make picks way out of line with the DD rankings.. any advice on how to enter the data more quickly?

This is my first year as a subscriber. Im practicing mock drafts with the draft dominator and keep having trouble keeping up with picks when people make picks way out of line with the DD rankings.. any advice on how to enter the data more quickly?

Practice. I'm assuming you're talking about 'real' mock drafts and not DD Mock Drafts. If you can, have two PC's handy - one for following the draft and one for your DD.

Another hint is to pre-save your DD for each round - MyDraft01.ddf; MyDraft02.ddf, etc... then as you complete your pick sabe it using the file name you've already created for that round. Then if you make a mistake, just go back to the last good save.

Here's a link for how to use DD on draft day.

Good luck.

How do I change the ADP listed in DD? For example, when it says “Vince Young 11.12”, is there a way I can change “11.12” to “10.12” if I want to?

How do I change the ADP listed in DD? For example, when it says “Vince Young 11.12”, is there a way I can change “11.12” to “10.12” if I want to?

No. And why would you want to? They change as the pre-season moves forward. With each subsequent new version released the ADP #'s fluctuate accordingly.Unless you don't intend to use any other version than the free one they won't change and they are what they are right now. Edited by Ruffrodys05

How do I change the ADP listed in DD? For example, when it says "Vince Young 11.12", is there a way I can change "11.12" to "10.12" if I want to?

In a related note, does the ADP actually represent my league settings, or is it a generic 10- or 12-team ADP list? For example, is the ADPs listed for my 16-team draft actually based on 16 teams?

How do I change the ADP listed in DD? For example, when it says "Vince Young 11.12", is there a way I can change "11.12" to "10.12" if I want to?

In a related note, does the ADP actually represent my league settings, or is it a generic 10- or 12-team ADP list? For example, is the ADPs listed for my 16-team draft actually based on 16 teams?
It is smart enough to let you know......just look at the ADP #'s......is there a 1.16? The answer is YES. It accommodates the size of the league.I'm pretty sure it really looks at the overall pick number when it imports ADP stats and then adjusts accordingly depending on how many teams are in the league. A 1.16 ADP in a 16 team league is the same as a 2.04 ADP in a 12 team league, or a 2.08 in an 8 team league.....it's the same ADP.....the 16th overall pick.

Good questions but they don't belong in this thread...

Is an iOS4 version of the DD coming for iPad/iPhone this year?

I too would like an iPad version.
I agree and would love using the Dominator apps on my Ipad 3G.

When getting updated projections I am getting the following error message:

Error Accessing Site: Path/File access error

I am using v11.d on a Windows 7 machine.

I wonder if the path/File error is on my end or the FBG server.

When getting updated projections I am getting the following error message:Error Accessing Site: Path/File access errorI am using v11.d on a Windows 7 machine. I wonder if the path/File error is on my end or the FBG server.

Have you been able to do it recently? Verify that you are logged into to the premium section of FBG's before updating.

When getting updated projections I am getting the following error message:Error Accessing Site: Path/File access errorI am using v11.d on a Windows 7 machine. I wonder if the path/File error is on my end or the FBG server.

Have you been able to do it recently? Verify that you are logged into to the premium section of FBG's before updating.
I have received the same message with each successive version of Draft Dominator released this year. Logging into the premium section of FBG's doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever. The only way I'm able to incorporate the latest projections is to import them into a VBD spreadsheet, set up my scoring and lineup variables, then import the spreadsheet into Draft Dominator.I've checked my firewall settings and it has nothing to do with that either. The only thing that has changed since last year is that I'm now using a new 64-bit PC with Windows 7 as well. Could that be the source of my problems? Any help would be appreciated. It would sure suck to have to go through the entire season having to repeat the above mentioned process if Lineup Dominator has the same issues.

I have received the same message with each successive version of Draft Dominator released this year. Logging into the premium section of FBG's doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever. The only way I'm able to incorporate the latest projections is to import them into a VBD spreadsheet, set up my scoring and lineup variables, then import the spreadsheet into Draft Dominator.I've checked my firewall settings and it has nothing to do with that either. The only thing that has changed since last year is that I'm now using a new 64-bit PC with Windows 7 as well. Could that be the source of my problems? Any help would be appreciated. It would sure suck to have to go through the entire season having to repeat the above mentioned process if Lineup Dominator has the same issues.
Bruce knows the inner workings. The only thing I can think of as an experienced user is that you might be having administrative privilege issues. Is DD installed under C:\Program Files or C:\DD? Try the latter...

Bruce knows the inner workings. The only thing I can think of as an experienced user is that you might be having administrative privilege issues. Is DD installed under C:\Program Files or C:\DD? Try the latter...
Bingo. Installing it under C:\Draft Dominator did the trick. Thanks for the info. It's my computer and I configured it so I'm not sure why I'd be having problems with administrative priveleges. Anyway, I've gotten the software into good working order and will figure out the rest on my own time.

Bingo. Installing it under C:\Draft Dominator did the trick. Thanks for the info. It's my computer and I configured it so I'm not sure why I'd be having problems with administrative priveleges. Anyway, I've gotten the software into good working order and will figure out the rest on my own time.
That worked for me too. I haven't needed to do that in previous years but as long as it works..... Thanks! Edited by Wild Young Billy

Thanks guys, I was going nuts. This worked for me as well, but I also had to add the .exe to the end. Never had to do that before either.

Hey Bruce,

I'm new to DD and am experiencing some technical problems that have me boggled and could use your expertise. My guess is that it's a simple oversight on my side.

Problem #1: This is my first year setting up the DD with IDP's. My league flex's the three positions (DB, LB, and DL) so I put a three in the starters column under Flex IDP and checked the Flexed box for the the positions.

When I look at my overall tab in the Player Pool, it only incorporates LB's into the rankings. ??? DBs and DLs are put way down in the 700s after team Def which I am not drafting ???

When I look at the Best Value Pick window, the Need Mult column for these two positions is 0.5 while all other positions are at 1.0. shouldn't they all be 1.0??

Problem #2: I downloaded DD to both my desktop and my laptop and quadruple checked that all values in the setup are identical. Any ideas why players projected points are different for both??

Thanks for your help!

To Bruce/Whoever can help,

Whenever I start DD I get a popup that says "Error reading draft data - Subscript out of range" followed by another one that says "Run Time Error 9 Subscript out of range." How do I fix this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that didn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

To Bruce/Whoever can help,Whenever I start DD I get a popup that says "Error reading draft data - Subscript out of range" followed by another one that says "Run Time Error 9 Subscript out of range." How do I fix this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that didn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have EXCEL installed - does it allow you to run Macro's? Also if you have Vista or Windows 7 try installing to c:\Draftdominator

To Bruce/Whoever can help,Whenever I start DD I get a popup that says "Error reading draft data - Subscript out of range" followed by another one that says "Run Time Error 9 Subscript out of range." How do I fix this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that didn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have EXCEL installed - does it allow you to run Macro's? Also if you have Vista or Windows 7 try installing to c:\Draftdominator
I'm guessing you mean microsoft excel, right? And yes I have it installed and it allows me to run macros. I have XP on my comp (I'm old like that :X )

I'm guessing you mean microsoft excel, right? And yes I have it installed and it allows me to run macros. I have XP on my comp (I'm old like that :lmao: )
Try downloading a new copy. Try deleting playernotes.dat It seems like you have a bad data point in there somewhere...

I'm guessing you mean microsoft excel, right? And yes I have it installed and it allows me to run macros. I have XP on my comp (I'm old like that :yawn: )
Try downloading a new copy. Try deleting playernotes.dat It seems like you have a bad data point in there somewhere...
Deleted playernotes but still no go. I can't download a new copy of excel without buying it. Any other ideas?