Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

To Bruce/Whoever can help,Whenever I start DD I get a popup that says "Error reading draft data - Subscript out of range" followed by another one that says "Run Time Error 9 Subscript out of range." How do I fix this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that didn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have EXCEL installed - does it allow you to run Macro's? Also if you have Vista or Windows 7 try installing to c:\Draftdominator
I'm guessing you mean microsoft excel, right? And yes I have it installed and it allows me to run macros. I have XP on my comp (I'm old like that :yawn: )
Try downloading a new copy. Try deleting playernotes.dat It seems like you have a bad data point in there somewhere...
Deleted playernotes but still no go. I can't download a new copy of excel without buying it. Any other ideas?
Oh. No - try downloading a new version of DD!

Oh my bad. I just tried downloading the newest version and that's not working either, I keep getting the same message. :mellow:
I found this in an old thread:Save current league files in another directory so that you open up with a new, fresh league.Close the DD. Go to your C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory and delete the DraftDominator.ini file. Then restart the DD.If that doesn't work try this:Close the DD. Uninstall the DD. Go to the C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory and remove any remaining files. Download and install a fresh copy of the DD. Then restart the DD.

Maybe I'm not understanding the way that the DD mock draft works, but I'm having some issues for it. When I attempt to run a mock, it will pull the players from the VBD top player available. It will randomize which position, but the order will always be same.

For instance, Zach Miller (Oak) is currently listed as undrafted based on ADP, but since he is the #9 tight end in the DD, he will always be the ninth tight end that will be drafted.

Is this simply the way that the DD is built, or am I doing something wrong?

Oh my bad. I just tried downloading the newest version and that's not working either, I keep getting the same message. :goodposting:
I found this in an old thread:Save current league files in another directory so that you open up with a new, fresh league.Close the DD. Go to your C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory and delete the DraftDominator.ini file. Then restart the DD.If that doesn't work try this:Close the DD. Uninstall the DD. Go to the C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory and remove any remaining files. Download and install a fresh copy of the DD. Then restart the DD.
Perfect! Uninstalling and deleting the remaining files worked. Thanks so much for your help man!

Maybe I'm not understanding the way that the DD mock draft works, but I'm having some issues for it. When I attempt to run a mock, it will pull the players from the VBD top player available. It will randomize which position, but the order will always be same. For instance, Zach Miller (Oak) is currently listed as undrafted based on ADP, but since he is the #9 tight end in the DD, he will always be the ninth tight end that will be drafted. Is this simply the way that the DD is built, or am I doing something wrong?

Ok, so I'm an idiot and figured it out myself.Now my only other question is where the ADP is determined by in the player pool? I feel like I have some players, like Roddy White for instance, are actually showing as going lower on every site I go to, but on DD his ADP is 2.7. Is this based on a non-ppr, ppr, a combination of many, etc?

does DD and VBD work with openoffice? TIA

If you do a search in the forum for openoffice there's a number of threads. I don't know if it's ever been truly answered - but you can try with the free version of DD.

Is there a way to erase the player notes from last years DD?

Shutdown DD - do to the Windows folder containing it - delete playernotes.dat and restart.I believe that will work.

Is there a way to erase the player notes from last years DD?

Shutdown DD - do to the Windows folder containing it - delete playernotes.dat and restart.I believe that will work.
It worked! thanks for the help :thumbup:

A couple of questions - Peyton Manning doesn't seem to be anywhere in the DD.....and also, is there any way to copy and paste the player pool lists into an excel spreadheet (I assume not)?

I've got a draft tonight and I'll be running the DD. (I'm the commish, 12-man non-PPR.) I've used DD before so I think I've set it up properly, but these Player Pool rankings are way off. Andre Johnson #24 overall? Jets defense #59? Mason Crosby #79? Clearly I have done something wrong here, any idea how to fix this?

A couple of questions - Peyton Manning doesn't seem to be anywhere in the DD.....and also, is there any way to copy and paste the player pool lists into an excel spreadheet (I assume not)?

Peyton is there - QB2, 283 points in my league. Do you have him listed as a Keeper? You could export the Player Pool into EXCEL and then sort by position.

Hi Go Bears-

I downloaded your "How to use DD on Draft Day".

I have a few questions:

I have checked ‘Draft Others by ADP’ as indicated in your document. On the Teams Names tab in Setup there is a column called "ADP List for Mocks". Can you explain the choices (or point me to where I can find the choices explained). Which one should I have checked during the draft or does that depend on my league type?

What is "ADP_USER"?

Why would you import PD into DD if projections are current in DD?

Thanks much!

Hi Go Bears-I downloaded your "How to use DD on Draft Day".I have a few questions:I have checked ‘Draft Others by ADP’ as indicated in your document. On the Teams Names tab in Setup there is a column called "ADP List for Mocks". Can you explain the choices (or point me to where I can find the choices explained). Which one should I have checked during the draft or does that depend on my league type?What is "ADP_USER"?Why would you import PD into DD if projections are current in DD?Thanks much!

I'll have to find the explanations somewhere...but I believe they are self explanatory.ADP_USER is a file you create based on the draft tendencies of your league mates.Import PD into DD if you are weighting the experts. If you are using 100% Dodds, you don't need PD.

Hi Go Bears-I downloaded your "How to use DD on Draft Day".I have a few questions:I have checked ‘Draft Others by ADP’ as indicated in your document. On the Teams Names tab in Setup there is a column called "ADP List for Mocks". Can you explain the choices (or point me to where I can find the choices explained). Which one should I have checked during the draft or does that depend on my league type?What is "ADP_USER"?Why would you import PD into DD if projections are current in DD?Thanks much!

I'll have to find the explanations somewhere...but I believe they are self explanatory.ADP_USER is a file you create based on the draft tendencies of your league mates.Import PD into DD if you are weighting the experts. If you are using 100% Dodds, you don't need PD.
Thanks! I guess I'd like to really just know FBG's definitions of "consensus" and "expert". TIA.

Thanks! I guess I'd like to really just know FBG's definitions of "consensus" and "expert". TIA.
I know they are in here somewhere - I'm not certain what makes up consensus, but 'experts' is the FBG ADP.

New Question:

I have the newest premium version of Draft Dominator (DD).

Is there any particular reason why changing the "ADP List for Mocks" for the team checked under "Mark Your Team" would effect DD's recommended pick that team during a draft? I've noticed this happening in some tests, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around why this would be the case.

For example, I have all other teams set to CBS Sportsline in one particular test; the team checked as "My Team", Expert. In Round 2 the suggested pick for my team will be Player A. However, if I go in and switch my team from Expert to CBS Sportsline prior to making the pick, the suggested pick changes to Player B. This occurs several times throughout the draft, and essentially drafts two distinctly different teams depending on what my team is set to under ADP List for Mocks. Based on my general understanding of how DD is supposed to work, this doesn't make much sense to me (of course, I'm completely open to the possibility that I'm just missing the big picture, or something).

If all other teams are drafting based on the same ADP list, and DD is supposedly suggesting the optimal pick based on what's available, VBD theory and presumably what's likely to come off the board relative to other team's ADP lists, then shouldn't the picks for my team remain constant? I guess I've just always been under the impression that it doesn't/shouldn't matter what the ADP List is set to for the team that's checked as "My Team."

Many thanks in advance for any assistance/explanation anyone can provide.

New Question:I have the newest premium version of Draft Dominator (DD).Is there any particular reason why changing the "ADP List for Mocks" for the team checked under "Mark Your Team" would effect DD's recommended pick that team during a draft? I've noticed this happening in some tests, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around why this would be the case.For example, I have all other teams set to CBS Sportsline in one particular test; the team checked as "My Team", Expert. In Round 2 the suggested pick for my team will be Player A. However, if I go in and switch my team from Expert to CBS Sportsline prior to making the pick, the suggested pick changes to Player B. This occurs several times throughout the draft, and essentially drafts two distinctly different teams depending on what my team is set to under ADP List for Mocks. Based on my general understanding of how DD is supposed to work, this doesn't make much sense to me (of course, I'm completely open to the possibility that I'm just missing the big picture, or something). If all other teams are drafting based on the same ADP list, and DD is supposedly suggesting the optimal pick based on what's available, VBD theory and presumably what's likely to come off the board relative to other team's ADP lists, then shouldn't the picks for my team remain constant? I guess I've just always been under the impression that it doesn't/shouldn't matter what the ADP List is set to for the team that's checked as "My Team."Many thanks in advance for any assistance/explanation anyone can provide.

By Player A vs. Player B do you mean RB vs WR or one RB vs. another?When you are drafting DD looks at projections for your pick vs ADP. In mocks, it's taking players for other owners based on the actual ADP.When you change the ADP you are also changing the 'look ahead' for your pick. For example, for the next 15 spots, by expert you might see 9 RB's and 6 WR's. But by CBS they might have 15 WR's. DD is going to look at those numbers and say -for expert - the drop in value from 9 RB's is 50 points and for 6 WR's it's 24 points, so you should take a RB. But for CBS, it's going to say, the drop is 0 RB's - 0 points, and 15 WR's - 80 points so you better take a WR.So when you change the ADP for your next mock, watch the look ahead and the change in drop off by position and see if you can observe that. Hope that helps.

New Question:

Is there any particular reason why changing the "ADP List for Mocks" for the team checked under "Mark Your Team" would effect DD's recommended pick that team during a draft? I've noticed this happening in some tests, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around why this would be the case.

For example, I have all other teams set to CBS Sportsline in one particular test; the team checked as "My Team", Expert. In Round 2 the suggested pick for my team will be Player A. However, if I go in and switch my team from Expert to CBS Sportsline prior to making the pick, the suggested pick changes to Player B. This occurs several times throughout the draft, and essentially drafts two distinctly different teams depending on what my team is set to under ADP List for Mocks. Based on my general understanding of how DD is supposed to work, this doesn't make much sense to me (of course, I'm completely open to the possibility that I'm just missing the big picture, or something).

If all other teams are drafting based on the same ADP list, and DD is supposedly suggesting the optimal pick based on what's available, VBD theory and presumably what's likely to come off the board relative to other team's ADP lists, then shouldn't the picks for my team remain constant? I guess I've just always been under the impression that it doesn't/shouldn't matter what the ADP List is set to for the team that's checked as "My Team."

By Player A vs. Player B do you mean RB vs WR or one RB vs. another?

When you are drafting DD looks at projections for your pick vs ADP. In mocks, it's taking players for other owners based on the actual ADP.

When you change the ADP you are also changing the 'look ahead' for your pick. For example, for the next 15 spots, by expert you might see 9 RB's and 6 WR's. But by CBS they might have 15 WR's. DD is going to look at those numbers and say -for expert - the drop in value from 9 RB's is 50 points and for 6 WR's it's 24 points, so you should take a RB. But for CBS, it's going to say, the drop is 0 RB's - 0 points, and 15 WR's - 80 points so you better take a WR.

So when you change the ADP for your next mock, watch the look ahead and the change in drop off by position and see if you can observe that.

Hope that helps.

Well, Players A and B in the above example are Randy Moss and Tony Romo. Randy Moss is the recommended pick when my team is set to Expert; Tony Romo is the pick if my team is set to CBS Sportsline.

This particular setup is 10 teams, with some non-standard roster settings (2 QB's, 3 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 2 K's, 1 Def, 9 bench spots). The team I'm assigned to is Team 9 (picks 1.9, 2.2 and so on), and the above referenced pick in question is 2.2. Every other team in the league is set to CBS Sportsline ADP for mocks.

Under those circumstances, I still fail to see why DD would deviate from what it considers the best pick for my team. Or, in other words, I would hope DD would suggest the optimal pick for my team -- under these circumstances -- regardless of what my team's ADP list is set to.

My own team's ADP list seems irrelevant considering I'm using DD to aid me in determining the best value pick each time, no? I don't want to draft based on some predetermined set of ADP rankings. I want DD to analyze the league's settings; what's been picked; what's projected to be picked based on what other teams' ADP lists are; what other teams are projected to pick based on their needs relative to what they've picked in previous rounds; and then suggest an optimal pick for my team in any given situation (I kind of thought that's what it's been doing for the last three years I've been using it :goodposting: )

What I'm left with in the above example, however, is an "Expert" team that totals 1,817 projected points for the regular season, and a "CBS Sportsline" team that totals 1,897.5 points. Can't put my finger on why, but that just seems odd to me.

I'm sure I'm simply failing to understand something fundamental in all this. Admittedly, the concept of dropoffs is something I've never really delved into, but it doesn't seem to vary in the "Best Value Pick" box when I switch from Expert to CBS Sportsline and so on (I've got it set to auto look ahead).

Perhaps the best way to approach this -- in spite of all my verbosity -- is to simply ask for some general rules/tips in regard to what my team's ADP List for Mocks should be set to in mocks and on draft day in order to achieve the best results.

Many thanks in advance...

New Question:

By Player A vs. Player B do you mean RB vs WR or one RB vs. another?

When you are drafting DD looks at projections for your pick vs ADP. In mocks, it's taking players for other owners based on the actual ADP.

When you change the ADP you are also changing the 'look ahead' for your pick. For example, for the next 15 spots, by expert you might see 9 RB's and 6 WR's. But by CBS they might have 15 WR's. DD is going to look at those numbers and say -for expert - the drop in value from 9 RB's is 50 points and for 6 WR's it's 24 points, so you should take a RB. But for CBS, it's going to say, the drop is 0 RB's - 0 points, and 15 WR's - 80 points so you better take a WR.

So when you change the ADP for your next mock, watch the look ahead and the change in drop off by position and see if you can observe that.

Hope that helps.

Well, Players A and B in the above example are Randy Moss and Tony Romo. Randy Moss is the recommended pick when my team is set to Expert; Tony Romo is the pick if my team is set to CBS Sportsline.

This particular setup is 10 teams, with some non-standard roster settings (2 QB's, 3 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 2 K's, 1 Def, 9 bench spots). The team I'm assigned to is Team 9 (picks 1.9, 2.2 and so on), and the above referenced pick in question is 2.2. Every other team in the league is set to CBS Sportsline ADP for mocks.

Under those circumstances, I still fail to see why DD would deviate from what it considers the best pick for my team. Or, in other words, I would hope DD would suggest the optimal pick for my team -- under these circumstances -- regardless of what my team's ADP list is set to.

My own team's ADP list seems irrelevant considering I'm using DD to aid me in determining the best value pick each time, no? I don't want to draft based on some predetermined set of ADP rankings. I want DD to analyze the league's settings; what's been picked; what's projected to be picked based on what other teams' ADP lists are; what other teams are projected to pick based on their needs relative to what they've picked in previous rounds; and then suggest an optimal pick for my team in any given situation (I kind of thought that's what it's been doing for the last three years I've been using it :hifive: )

What I'm left with in the above example, however, is an "Expert" team that totals 1,817 projected points for the regular season, and a "CBS Sportsline" team that totals 1,897.5 points. Can't put my finger on why, but that just seems odd to me.

I'm sure I'm simply failing to understand something fundamental in all this. Admittedly, the concept of dropoffs is something I've never really delved into, but it doesn't seem to vary in the "Best Value Pick" box when I switch from Expert to CBS Sportsline and so on (I've got it set to auto look ahead).

Perhaps the best way to approach this -- in spite of all my verbosity -- is to simply ask for some general rules/tips in regard to what my team's ADP List for Mocks should be set to in mocks and on draft day in order to achieve the best results.

Many thanks in advance...

Auto-look-ahead is the same regardless of ADP- it's looking at the # of spots before your next pick.

In the Best Value Window - watch the dropoff values in the 2nd column (right next to the 'Position' column)

The recommendation during draft day os for you to set yourself to expert and do not draft for others by ADP. Then DD is assuming all the owners are experts and it's looking at best possible value.

I used the DD last year and all the other guys want it this year, but I have a question.

Are the projections that are in the program, and that get updated weekly, adjusted for the settings I put in? What I mean is I play in a PPR league and drafting for that means that some guys are ranked a lot higher or lower based on their # of recptions, will the DD take that into account?

A Happy Customer

Pyro boy

I used the DD last year and all the other guys want it this year, but I have a question. Are the projections that are in the program, and that get updated weekly, adjusted for the settings I put in? What I mean is I play in a PPR league and drafting for that means that some guys are ranked a lot higher or lower based on their # of recptions, will the DD take that into account?A Happy CustomerPyro boy

Yes - if you have it accounted for in your scoring, DD will take it into account.

I've download the Draft Dominator.

But when I try to run this file "DD110I_Setup.exe" I get the following error message . . .

"You must be logged in as an administrator when installing this programs"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I've download the Draft Dominator.But when I try to run this file "DD110I_Setup.exe" I get the following error message . . ."You must be logged in as an administrator when installing this programs"What am I doing wrong?Thanks

It's a Windows Vista or 7 issue. Try installing it to C:\DD.

im in a league that gives a bonus for 300 yd passing games as well as bonuses for 350 and 400 yard passing games but DD only lets you put a bonus for 300 yard passing games.

For my league its like this

300 yds = 4pts

350 yds = 8pts

400 yds = 16 pts

Its the same for rushing and receiving yards

I was just wondering how you guys work bonuses like this into the DD because im stumped lol

im in a league that gives a bonus for 300 yd passing games as well as bonuses for 350 and 400 yard passing games but DD only lets you put a bonus for 300 yard passing games.For my league its like this 300 yds = 4pts350 yds = 8pts400 yds = 16 ptsIts the same for rushing and receiving yardsI was just wondering how you guys work bonuses like this into the DD because im stumped lol

One suggestion - 300+350+400 = 950 > 4+8+16> 28 points950/300 = 3.167 28/3.167 = 8.84 for a 300 yard game. That's one way...

Hey Bruce I have a question about third round reversal draft order.

I recently did my first 3RR draft, the order went:

Rd 1 = 1-12; Rd 2 = 12-1; Rd 3 = 12-1; Rd 4 = 12-1; Rd 5 = 1-12; and continues 12-1/1-12, etc.

In essence just the third round was flipped from a conventional serpentine draft.

DD does it diferently, it flips all the rounds starting with round 3 and alternates 12-1/1-12 a round sooner. The difference between the two sequences begins in round 4.

Rd 1 = 1-12; Rd 2 = 12-1; Rd 3 = 12-1; Rd 4 = 1-12; Rd 5= 12-1; and continues 1-12/12-1, etc.

Is there more than one way to do 3RR, or is DD doing it wrong? I had to manually change the draft orders from round 4 through 15 or 16 during the draft!

Edited by Marked

Hey Bruce I have a question about third round reversal draft order.

I recently did my first 3RR draft, the order went:

Rd 1 = 1-12; Rd 2 = 12-1; Rd 3 = 12-1; Rd 4 = 12-1; Rd 5 = 1-12; and continues 12-1/1-12, etc.

In essence just the third round was flipped from a conventional serpentine draft.

DD does it diferently, it flips all the rounds starting with round 3 and alternates 12-1/1-12 a round sooner. The difference between the two sequences begins in round 4.

Rd 1 = 1-12; Rd 2 = 12-1; Rd 3 = 12-1; Rd 4 = 1-12; Rd 5= 12-1; and continues 1-12/12-1, etc.

Is there more than one way to do 3RR, or is DD doing it wrong? I had to manually change the draft orders from round 4 through 15 or 16 during the draft!

Use 3rd round Flip.

Site says dd version 11.0k is up, but when I went to download it looks like it's 11.0h. Old version. I'll just update my projections, but I like everything to be up to date and current!

A lot of people are asking for DD for iPad/iPhone and Android OS this season. Is there anything in the works for this?

What he said - I would much rather drag my iPad around than my laptop (particularly in Vegas)

A lot of people are asking for DD for iPad/iPhone and Android OS this season. Is there anything in the works for this?

I'd love to see a cloud based solution for the DD and LD and would be willing to pay extra if it were an add on product. I have been at FBG for many many years and have loved both products and they were my #1 reason for subscribing years ago, and are still up there on my list. But finally last year I stopped using the LD because keeping it up to date on several computers (2 offices, home, laptop) and not having it available at other times, while away from these computers, became too much. Everything is going to the cloud and would love to see FBG head that way too. Now I'm not a programmer, so I could be wrong, but it seems like instead trying to tackle the daunting task of having to create separate programs for ipads, iphones, android phones/tablets, Macs and Windows that a web based DD and LD would allow you to create one product that could be used on all of these devices and thus making many people happy. While also being able to please the new Chrome OS customers who can not download programs like these.I will also create a new thread for this but wanted to drop the suggestion in here first.

Bruce,

I know that this years DD is probably not due for a couple months...just wondering if you can release an updated players list/projection list to update last years version...I know it's crazy but I've drafted 3 leagues already and have a number of others coming up in the next couple months so I'd like something to use...I know I'm not alone in this because these leagues are filling everyday.

What are the chances?????

Could we at least get an answer as to when you plan on releasing the DD????

:whistle:
pretty sure the draft dominator and projections dominator come out shortly after the first round of projections. Dodds said in the shark that he hopes to have his projections done this weekend and woods as well. So I am thinking it shouldn't be long.

Not that you can compare this year to last year but DD was released on June 1st of last year....

I would be great to have a new version - I have 3 startups happening in July. I finished 2 startups without DD and wished I would have had it available! :popcorn:

Guys, come on...just give us an update...We've been posting since May 21st with no response.....If it's not coming soon, just let us know. Had my first live draft last night and had to do it without the DD.....it just didn't feel right ;)

So I thought I would be tricky and use the VBD excel app from last year, cut and paste this years projections in and then import to last years draft dominator...well, it almost worked. The program doesn't like the bye weeks, presumably because it doesn't agree with the Strength of Schedule chart. I really just hoped I could get this up enough to start entering player notes... guess I'll go back to ---> :popcorn:

So I thought I would be tricky and use the VBD excel app from last year, cut and paste this years projections in and then import to last years draft dominator...well, it almost worked. The program doesn't like the bye weeks, presumably because it doesn't agree with the Strength of Schedule chart. I really just hoped I could get this up enough to start entering player notes... guess I'll go back to ---> :popcorn:

I here ya. I use the Dominator to organize information for six dynasty leagues and I was just trying to load this year's MFL leagues into last year's Dominator. Didn't work, didn't have any of the rookie player info. It didn't sort the players to their teams either. Forget the NFL negotiations; FBGs need to get on board with what their customers want. We want to start planning for next year.

I here ya. I use the Dominator to organize information for six dynasty leagues and I was just trying to load this year's MFL leagues into last year's Dominator. Didn't work, didn't have any of the rookie player info. It didn't sort the players to their teams either. Forget the NFL negotiations; FBGs need to get on board with what their customers want. We want to start planning for next year.
I emailed both Joe and David a couple of weeks ago to find out when the new version would be released and they both responded surprisingly quickly. They both said they hoped to have it out by 6/20, but that obviously didn't happen. I keep hoping it comes out each day. I suggest emailing them for an update.

Now we just need an updated MFL Import program - with 8 DYNASTY leagues and all the trades etc - I really do not want to manually input all those rosters! :popcorn:

Hey Bruce,

Sorry if this has been asked before

Start 1QB, 1RB, 1RB/WR, 2WR, 1TE, 1OP(any offensive pos.), 1K, 1DT

PPR, .2PPcomp, .2PPrush

I enter 2 flex pos. and check QB, RB, WR, TE

It seems to devalue WR way to much,

The first WR is ranked at 25 and only 5 in the top 50

Any suggestions would help.

Hey Bruce,Sorry if this has been asked beforeStart 1QB, 1RB, 1RB/WR, 2WR, 1TE, 1OP(any offensive pos.), 1K, 1DTPPR, .2PPcomp, .2PPrushI enter 2 flex pos. and check QB, RB, WR, TEIt seems to devalue WR way to much, The first WR is ranked at 25 and only 5 in the top 50Any suggestions would help.

Don't use Joe's Secret Formula as the baseline if your league setup is funky. If you don't understand how to develop your own baselines, use Worst Starter, or a fixed number for each position (for your league, something like QB24, RB24, WR36, TE15 might work).