Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Sorry if this has been asked before

I have used DD for the past 5 years or so and reuse previous years files to bypass all the setup. I have a few questions as it relates to keeper leagues. Since I have all my teams and their draft order in DD already from the previous season, their keepers may stay the same but I want to change their draft position for this season without changing the team names and reassigning players. On the team names tab, I usually change the team names to reflect the order for this season and then reassign the keepers. There must be an easier way.

Is there a way to change pick order per my above example a better way? If not, can you build in draft order somehow for a future release?

Edit - Just figured it out. Set the first round on the pick order tab and then click the type of draft you want at the bottom.

Edited by kylechoffman

Hello,

I am having issues with the DD changing my projections. I will go in and change them to the total point values I want and then a few days later when I open it up it is calculating different. I know the projections haven't been updated because the latest version was June 26th. Here is an example of what is happening. Last night I entered projections and didn't even go into the scoring tab. I opened the file back up and ALL the QBs were much projected higher than I had entered a few hours before. The RB and WR projections were off too but not as much. I think this is a calculation issue rather than the projections updating.

Any help would be apprecitated.

Thanks,

Sean

One of my leagues is a 6 points all TD's league. When i mock draft with DD, whoever drafts Aaron Rodgers in the first ALWAYS has the strongest team at the end of the draft. I've played around assigning different ADP lists to each spot, but the result is always the same even if he is drafted as high as #3. Any suggestions on why this is happening and how to fix it? He ain't superman. Also, how do i force every team to draft a minimum of 2 QB's without requiring 2 starting QB's?

Edited by Tchula

One of my leagues is a 6 points all TD's league. When i mock draft with DD, whoever drafts Aaron Rodgers in the first ALWAYS has the strongest team at the end of the draft. I've played around assigning different ADP lists to each spot, but the result is always the same even if he is drafted as high as #3. Any suggestions on why this is happening and how to fix it? He ain't superman. Also, how do i force every team to draft a minimum of 2 QB's without requiring 2 starting QB's?

There is no reason A.Rodgers should make a team the strongest. Manually pick a team with Rodgers and see if that makes a difference? Brees is only 16 points behind so it shouldn't matter. The strongest team doesn't mean you have the best team IRL. either. Played on paper yes, but the games have to take place.File>SetupGeneralStartersQB > Starters, Enter the number of starting QBs per team, Roster spots= How many QBs per team can be draftedThis goes for all positions. Edited by saintsfan1977

How do I update the player rankings in my DD software when it gets closer to draft time?

File>Get Latest ProjectionsYou have to pay for that feature.

I have been using DD for 3 years and am having a problem this year. I have two leagues set up in DD from last year. in one of the leagues, the ADP does not show in the Player Pool window, but it displays fine in the other. Any ideas? Thanks for the assistance and great drafting tool.

Any plans for an iPad/Tablet app for Draft Dominator in the near future?

somebody needs to do this now. would be great

Maybe I'm wrong, but when I use Draft Dominator/Projections Dominator, I can only seem to use the ADP that is an "experts average", which isn't actually an ADP for the average league. Is there a way to change that ADP to, for instance, the MFL average draft position?

It seems that this is something that should be easy to set, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. In most of my leagues, the participants are not "experts", so I would like to better project where to wait for a pick.

I am getting an Error when launching DD this year. I had to uninstall the old version and when installed the new version this year I am getting a pop up error:

"Main Timer1 Error DebugPos=20(52) - Bad file name or number"

Then File is dithered out and wont let me select anything?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Version 12.0C.

Maybe with the next update it will correct itself, otherwise I am not sure what else to do.

Edited by Jeff19658

Maybe I'm wrong, but when I use Draft Dominator/Projections Dominator, I can only seem to use the ADP that is an "experts average", which isn't actually an ADP for the average league. Is there a way to change that ADP to, for instance, the MFL average draft position?It seems that this is something that should be easy to set, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. In most of my leagues, the participants are not "experts", so I would like to better project where to wait for a pick.

Under File>Setup>Team Names Tab: you can set the "ADP List for Mocks" to one of any number of variables on a team-by-team basis.

Maybe I'm wrong, but when I use Draft Dominator/Projections Dominator, I can only seem to use the ADP that is an "experts average", which isn't actually an ADP for the average league. Is there a way to change that ADP to, for instance, the MFL average draft position?It seems that this is something that should be easy to set, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. In most of my leagues, the participants are not "experts", so I would like to better project where to wait for a pick.

Under File>Setup>Team Names Tab: you can set the "ADP List for Mocks" to one of any number of variables on a team-by-team basis.
That setting is for mock drafts. What I am trying to change is the actual ADP number that is listed in the player pool. From what I see, that number is based on "experts" average ranking which has nothing to do with an actual ADP...and certainly not an average one for MFL or ESPN. In some cases, someone's adp on MFL or ESPN is 50-60 spots later (or earlier) than the ADP listed in draft dominator.If you look at the current rankings on FBG's, you will see that the experts average ranking alligns with the "ADP" listed on Draft Dominator...but that is definitely not an Average Draft Position. It's an Average Ranking Position.I would like to know if the averages say I could get a player in the 10th round instead of the 6th...but if they have someone ranked as a 6th round talent, I miss out on an opportunity to try to play the ADP to get a steal. In my mind, this defeats the entire purpose of Draft Dominator.There is an option to import an ADP file, but I have no clue how I would get one, other than creating it myself. Edited by solorca

I have been using DD for 3 years and am having a problem this year. I have two leagues set up in DD from last year. in one of the leagues, the ADP does not show in the Player Pool window, but it displays fine in the other. Any ideas? Thanks for the assistance and great drafting tool.

I fixed it by deleting the league and setting it up again.

In leagues with set atarting and roster limits except for the last rb or wr.

Ex...2qb,4wr,4rb,2te,2k,2d/st,1rb or wr

Start qb,2rb,2wr,1rb/wr,1te,1k,1d/st

How do you keep mock from drafting 5wrs and rbs?

Throws off the end of mock.

Anyone having this issue, im sure its an easy fix but im not seeing it.

Any way to add bonus points for 150+ yard rushing and receiving games rather than the built in 100+?

Any way to add bonus points for 150+ yard rushing and receiving games rather than the built in 100+?

I do think as long as DD has been out, they could have added more options for the scoring. It seems like the only updates are projections and small bug changes.

Can the DD handle fractions in the number of roster spots? I have a 16-team, 16-man draft where 36 QBs were drafted last year, an average of 2.25. If I enter 2.25 as the number of QB roster spots, will the DD give three teams 2 QBs and another team 3 QBs?

I ask mainly because we had 22 kickers (1.38/team) and 21 defenses (1.31/team) drafted last year, and I had the maximum roster spots set at 1 for each of those postions. Assuming that my league's draft pattern holds this year, I'd like to account for those extra players that would be drafted.

Working with the DD for (intel) mac...

Is there a draft-board window that I'm missing?

Also, is there an ability to specify keepers? I'm able to put guys on the correct teams, but they aren't in the right round.

I'm trying to use projections dominator to weight scoring but after importing into draft dominator the numbers don't equal what is in PD? Why is that? For example:

After doing the update from DD (i.e. just clicking Get Latest Projections within DD):

A Foster - 187.6

Peterson - 179.1

C Johnson - 178.7

PD after setting weights has:

A Foster - 202

C Johnson - 191

Peterson - 188

After importing PD into DD I see the following:

A Foster - 189.7

C Johnson - 178.9

Peterson - 177.9

I know the import is doing something because the numbers above are different than what they were before I did the import. Should DD numbers now be EXACTLY like they are in PD?

Edited by Buzzbait

Working with the DD for (intel) mac...Is there a draft-board window that I'm missing?Also, is there an ability to specify keepers? I'm able to put guys on the correct teams, but they aren't in the right round.

There should be a draft board tab and a keeper list tab. The Keeper List works and puts the player in the correct Rd. Make sure you enter the Team names in the File>Setup>Team Names tab, in the order they are drafting and check your team.Also go to Pick Order tab and use Serpentine or whatever you use.Then in the Player Pool, highlight the keeperSelect the team that is keeping the player and type in the rd. The list knows what pick it should be based off draft order.

Can the DD handle fractions in the number of roster spots? I have a 16-team, 16-man draft where 36 QBs were drafted last year, an average of 2.25. If I enter 2.25 as the number of QB roster spots, will the DD give three teams 2 QBs and another team 3 QBs?I ask mainly because we had 22 kickers (1.38/team) and 21 defenses (1.31/team) drafted last year, and I had the maximum roster spots set at 1 for each of those postions. Assuming that my league's draft pattern holds this year, I'd like to account for those extra players that would be drafted.

If there is no set number on how many at each position you could have on your roster, just set every position to 16.

Working with the DD for (intel) mac...Is there a draft-board window that I'm missing?Also, is there an ability to specify keepers? I'm able to put guys on the correct teams, but they aren't in the right round.

There should be a draft board tab and a keeper list tab. The Keeper List works and puts the player in the correct Rd. Make sure you enter the Team names in the File>Setup>Team Names tab, in the order they are drafting and check your team.Also go to Pick Order tab and use Serpentine or whatever you use.Then in the Player Pool, highlight the keeperSelect the team that is keeping the player and type in the rd. The list knows what pick it should be based off draft order.
Can I ask, are you familiar with the specifically mac-based version of DD? I only ask because it looks totally different. the "main" window has: "setup" "latest projections" "cheatsheets" & "top 200", the setup window has "general" "team names" "pick order" "scoring" and "projections". Searching "draft board" "keeper" or any combo thereof gets no hits. Any help would be appreciated. I've used DD on PC before, but I don't have a PC anymore.

Can I ask, are you familiar with the specifically mac-based version of DD? I only ask because it looks totally different. the "main" window has: "setup" "latest projections" "cheatsheets" & "top 200", the setup window has "general" "team names" "pick order" "scoring" and "projections". Searching "draft board" "keeper" or any combo thereof gets no hits. Any help would be appreciated. I've used DD on PC before, but I don't have a PC anymore.
Sorry, I figured it would be the same layout. I dont own a Mac.

Is there a way to split the d-line into DT and DE, also the D-backs into corners and safeties

I play in a league that starts 2DE, 1DT, 2CB and 2Safety

The download link for the new version of draft dominator points to the wrong file (DD120d_Setup.exe instead of DD120e_Setup.exe).

Is there a way to split the d-line into DT and DE, also the D-backs into corners and safetiesI play in a league that starts 2DE, 1DT, 2CB and 2Safety

Great question! :thumbup: Also, is there way to link DD to MFL so it automatically updates picks as they're made or when it's refreshed? This would be an incredibly useful tool! Thanks in advance!

Also, is there way to link DD to MFL so it automatically updates picks as they're made or when it's refreshed? This would be an incredibly useful tool! Thanks in advance!

No. And my experience is that even if there was it wouldn't refresh fast enough. My suggestion is to go to the bottom of the player pool, type the name of the player just drafted (even the first few letters will work if it's distinct enough) and search until the correct player comes up. It's quick. Also, before the draft, save you league file with each of the rounds (MyLeague-01.ddf, MyLeague-02.ddf, etc.) then during the heat of the draft you just need to do a 'Save As' and the name is already there. Much easier than trying to type it all out and in the event your computer crashes, you don't have to go back too far.

Anyone?

I'm trying to use projections dominator to weight scoring but after importing into draft dominator the numbers don't equal what is in PD? Why is that? For example:After doing the update from DD (i.e. just clicking Get Latest Projections within DD):A Foster - 187.6Peterson - 179.1C Johnson - 178.7PD after setting weights has:A Foster - 202C Johnson - 191Peterson - 188After importing PD into DD I see the following:A Foster - 189.7C Johnson - 178.9Peterson - 177.9I know the import is doing something because the numbers above are different than what they were before I did the import. Should DD numbers now be EXACTLY like they are in PD?

Anyone?

I'm trying to use projections dominator to weight scoring but after importing into draft dominator the numbers don't equal what is in PD? Why is that? For example:

After doing the update from DD (i.e. just clicking Get Latest Projections within DD):

A Foster - 187.6

Peterson - 179.1

C Johnson - 178.7

PD after setting weights has:

A Foster - 202

C Johnson - 191

Peterson - 188

After importing PD into DD I see the following:

A Foster - 189.7

C Johnson - 178.9

Peterson - 177.9

I know the import is doing something because the numbers above are different than what they were before I did the import. Should DD numbers now be EXACTLY like they are in PD?

DD leaves off Week 17 by default, if I'm not mistaken. That might explain the difference in the PD points and the DD points.

I have a question regarding how to change the position of a player in the Draft Dominator for Mac. For example, how do you change Terrell Suggs from a DL to a LB?

I just downloaded DD, and it crashes every time I go to "setup". It does this on two different machines, running vista and w7. The error message says that "lineup dominator" has stopped working. Any thoughts?

I just downloaded DD, and it crashes every time I go to "setup". It does this on two different machines, running vista and w7. The error message says that "lineup dominator" has stopped working. Any thoughts?

MAC or PC? Do you have an older Download version saved (mine all get saved in a download file). Try one of those.

MAC or PC? Do you have an older Download version saved (mine all get saved in a download file). Try one of those.
Both PCs. I don't have an older version saved, due to some computer crashes last year.

In leagues with set atarting and roster limits except for the last rb or wr.Ex...2qb,4wr,4rb,2te,2k,2d/st,1rb or wrStart qb,2rb,2wr,1rb/wr,1te,1k,1d/stHow do you keep mock from drafting 5wrs and rbs?Throws off the end of mock.Anyone having this issue, im sure its an easy fix but im not seeing it.

Click file - setup and enter the position limits under "roster spots" on the general tab

Wondering why we have to wait for updated projections to come into DD? The 8/21 new projections have been up for two days now - my DD projections are 8/18. I have tried "get latest projections" 3x over the last 2 days and my DD projections still say through 8/18 - that's not too helpful!

I'm having an issue with My Team Mock Draft that when the warning message pops up that someone is about to draft more than their max, it zeros out all of the position tracking in the Team Stats window. I can manually add a different position and that changes the position drafted to 1, but none of the other positions show up. They are still all listed on his team, but closing the window or other things I have tried to refresh it, doesn't work. Any thoughts?

I downloaded the Windows version, and when I try to start the app, the computer asks which program I want to use to open the file. Running Windows 7. Definitely downloaded latest version of DD for windows.

I downloaded the Windows version, and when I try to start the app, the computer asks which program I want to use to open the file. Running Windows 7. Definitely downloaded latest version of DD for windows.

Make sure you add the .exe extension to it.

After getting DD setup (pc), I was checking the points, and they don't add up. I have a friend who uses the Mac version, and it was correct on his, but for some reason mine consistently lists total points as a lesser amount, sometimes by as much as 25 pts. How can I fix this?

After getting DD setup (pc), I was checking the points, and they don't add up. I have a friend who uses the Mac version, and it was correct on his, but for some reason mine consistently lists total points as a lesser amount, sometimes by as much as 25 pts. How can I fix this?

A lesser amount than what? Can you elaborate?

I currently have version 12.0e and now there's a 12.0j version. Should I upgrade to j? Is there much of a difference? If so, do I just remove e and download j? I already have all my teams set up on the system, will I lose all my data?

Sorry for all the stupid questions.

I currently have version 12.0e and now there's a 12.0j version. Should I upgrade to j? Is there much of a difference? If so, do I just remove e and download j? I already have all my teams set up on the system, will I lose all my data?Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Just download the new version and it will replace your old version while maintaining your setup.

I would like to run two separate versions of DD at the same time, with separate sets of projections (my own and Dodds' projections). Unfortunately, it appears that when I input one set of projections it applies to both of the league files I have created. Is there a way to keep the projections specific to each .ddf file?

I would like to run two separate versions of DD at the same time, with separate sets of projections (my own and Dodds' projections). Unfortunately, it appears that when I input one set of projections it applies to both of the league files I have created. Is there a way to keep the projections specific to each .ddf file?

Are you asking twice in the forum because you have two different versions and you want to get two different answers? :loco: Can't be done. Use two different computers....

Are you asking twice in the forum because you have two different versions and you want to get two different answers? :loco: Can't be done. Use two different computers....
Thanks for the advice and the unecessary question. It appears that it can be done. Just open two versions of the program with two different names, i.e. League1 and League2. Then import the separate projections into each one without closing the program. The projections appear to only transfer after you close and reopen. And surprisingly enough, I'm using one computer. I had thought this website would be used by those seeking and providing helpful advice.

Sorry about that, the Mac version lists players as scoring more overall fantasy pts in most cases. I thought maybe that the mac version counted week 17, where the pc version didn't, but the rankings are off by a bit as well. We checked the league setup, and made sure we had all settings the same, and this still happens. Thank you for your help.

Sorry about that, the Mac version lists players as scoring more overall fantasy pts in most cases. I thought maybe that the mac version counted week 17, where the pc version didn't, but the rankings are off by a bit as well. We checked the league setup, and made sure we had all settings the same, and this still happens. Thank you for your help.
Does the MAC version take into account SoS or GBG weightings?

A couple of quick questions, because either I always forget, or the answer changed in the past and now I'm not sure which is right:

I have an ADP_USER.CSV I'd like to use as my leaguemates draft somewhat erratically:

1) Should each team's draft list be set to EXPERT, or EXPERT or CONSENSUS, or does it not matter?

2) Should I leave "Draft other teams by ADP?" checked or unchecked when I'm doing the actual draft itself (not mocking)?

Thanks!