Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

A couple of quick questions, because either I always forget, or the answer changed in the past and now I'm not sure which is right:

I have an ADP_USER.CSV I'd like to use as my leaguemates draft somewhat erratically:

1) Should each team's draft list be set to EXPERT, or EXPERT or CONSENSUS, or does it not matter?

2) Should I leave "Draft other teams by ADP?" checked or unchecked when I'm doing the actual draft itself (not mocking)?

Thanks!

I always use Expert but i haven't tested it recently. Yes, 'Other teams by ADP checked'. You can refer to this thread on how to best use DD on Draft day...

Is it possible to highlight individual players? E.g., you wanted to see a player you are targeting in the available player list as a special color to make him stand out from the rest?

After getting DD setup (pc), I was checking the points, and they don't add up. I have a friend who uses the Mac version, and it was correct on his, but for some reason mine consistently lists total points as a lesser amount, sometimes by as much as 25 pts. How can I fix this?

A lesser amount than what? Can you elaborate?
Sorry about that, the Mac version lists players as scoring more overall fantasy pts in most cases. I thought maybe that the mac version counted week 17, where the pc version didn't, but the rankings are off by a bit as well. We checked the league setup, and made sure we had all settings the same, and this still happens. Thank you for your help.
Does the MAC version take into account SoS or GBG weightings?
Good Question...I don't know. I'll ask. Edited by midwest_kc

Anyone here entering standard 1 PPR scoring setups in DD?

1PPR, 1 per 10 rush/rec, all TD's 6 and bonus of 5 at 100 yards rush/rec, 300 yard passing

Mine shows AJ as #1 and Megatron as #4 with ADP at 7. Yet all the cheat sheets and projections on FGs site don't have anything like that.

http://i.imgur.com/0IlMP.png

Edited by bryan215

I currently have version 12.0e and now there's a 12.0j version. Should I upgrade to j? Is there much of a difference? If so, do I just remove e and download j? I already have all my teams set up on the system, will I lose all my data?Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Just download the new version and it will replace your old version while maintaining your setup.
Tried that ... but when I open DD still shows version "e"

This may have been asked before.

How does "Roster Spots" affect rankings or recommendations?

What is the best way to set Roster Spots? My total exceeds total roster because I want flexibility in the number of players selected in each position.

Also we use 2rb 2wr and 1 flex rb/wr/te so in this case is it better to set roste spot for flex at a number like 12 that would cover all of the rb/wr/te available spots?

I had a draft this past Tuesday. Last night I updated the DD file for the league to get new projections, and DD sent everyone drafted back to the FA pool. Is this happening to anyone else?

Attempting to update and get latest projections. I'm getting the following errors when I hit close:

1) Error reading Depth Charts - Invalid Position CB

and then after hitting OK

2) Error Reading Depth Charts - Invalid Line: Charles Tillman, TillCh99,b,

and then in turn

3) Error Reading Depth Charts - Invalid Line: Tim Jennings,JennTi99,b,

4) Error Reading Depth Charts - Invalid Line: Corey Graham,GrahCo99,g,

5) Error Reading Depth Charts - Invalid Line: D.J.Moore,MoorDJ99,g,

6) Error Reading Depth Charts - Invalid Line: Zackary Bowman,BowmZa99,,(inj)

7) Error Reading Depth Charts - Invalid Line: Joshua Moore,MoorJo99,,

I had the error with a previous version, J I believe, and after I upgraded to the newest version L.

Edited by DMac59

Same issue as previous poster. Errors when finishing updating of projections.

Try updating PD and then importing into DD.

This has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find anything specific on it. For one of my leagues, I set up all the details and scoring system in MyFBG admin page, and also loaded all of those settings into Draft Dominator.

In the MyFBG menu, when I generate a Customized Draft List for this league, the results are very different from the results generated in Draft Dominator. Why would this be the case?

I made sure I'm using updated projections in DD, and the numbers are very different. For example, the FPs projected for Ray Rice in the Customized Cheat Sheet are 245.8 vs. 224.9 in DD. Also, the first WR listed on the cheat sheet is Andre Johnson, as the 14th overall player vs. being listed 4th overall in DD.

I double and triple checked the settings configured on the website vs DD, and I can't figure out why all the projections for FPs are different, and why the cheat sheet generates such a different lists when it comes to player rankings.

Any insight?

This has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find anything specific on it. For one of my leagues, I set up all the details and scoring system in MyFBG admin page, and also loaded all of those settings into Draft Dominator.In the MyFBG menu, when I generate a Customized Draft List for this league, the results are very different from the results generated in Draft Dominator. Why would this be the case?I made sure I'm using updated projections in DD, and the numbers are very different. For example, the FPs projected for Ray Rice in the Customized Cheat Sheet are 245.8 vs. 224.9 in DD. Also, the first WR listed on the cheat sheet is Andre Johnson, as the 14th overall player vs. being listed 4th overall in DD.I double and triple checked the settings configured on the website vs DD, and I can't figure out why all the projections for FPs are different, and why the cheat sheet generates such a different lists when it comes to player rankings.Any insight?

DD is only set for 16 weeks and you probably have SoS set in the GameByGame.

I've been using this thing for years, but I've run across a minor issue that for the life of me I can't figure out...

We changed our league starting requirements this year. 21 man roster.

START - 1 QB, FLEX 5 rb/wr/te (only restriction is that you can't start more than 3 RB, but any other combination of that 5 is good), K, DL, LB, DB

The bench is open, so the remaining 11 spots can be anything.

So, how do I adjust for this in the setup? Right now, the way I did it, was to put 1 QB starters and 5 flex starters, and clicked flex for RB,WR and TE (the rest of the positions really don't matter at this point). I then put 21 for the max posistion limit for each position. This has resulted in the first 25 overall picks being TE's. Can someone help me with setting this up correctly?

This has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find anything specific on it. For one of my leagues, I set up all the details and scoring system in MyFBG admin page, and also loaded all of those settings into Draft Dominator.In the MyFBG menu, when I generate a Customized Draft List for this league, the results are very different from the results generated in Draft Dominator. Why would this be the case?I made sure I'm using updated projections in DD, and the numbers are very different. For example, the FPs projected for Ray Rice in the Customized Cheat Sheet are 245.8 vs. 224.9 in DD. Also, the first WR listed on the cheat sheet is Andre Johnson, as the 14th overall player vs. being listed 4th overall in DD.I double and triple checked the settings configured on the website vs DD, and I can't figure out why all the projections for FPs are different, and why the cheat sheet generates such a different lists when it comes to player rankings.Any insight?

DD is only set for 16 weeks and you probably have SoS set in the GameByGame.

I just noticed the same issue. I just set DD to 17 weeks, and the projected number of Fantasy Points is now the same in DD and the MyFBG Customized Draft List. Thanks.

However, the rankings are quite a bit different between DD and MyFBG Customized Draft List. As an example, Aaron Rodgers is #7 overall according to the MyFBG Customerized Draft sheet for my league. In DD, with the same league settings, Rodgers is #28 overall! Quite a difference. I am guessing the difference is due to a difference in baseline. DD is set to Joe's secret baseline. Does anyone know the baseline being used for the MyFBG Customized Draft List?

I'm having trouble understanding why the projections in Draft Dominator would be so different from in myFBG. I'm talking about the projections, no baseline. I saw a note in the thread about 16 vs 17 weeks in DD, I've tried both ways and still WAY different. I've checked many times so ensure my scoring is same in both.

For example.....Adrian Peterson drops from RB1 in my FBG down to RB12 in DD. Darren McFadden jumps from RB17 in myFBG to RB4 in DD.

anyone else seeing this or have advice what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by tsarc888

you can use the MFL import to get most of your settings and then confirm they are correct (usually not all the Defense settings transfer over).

Old question that I don't see answered...

Our league has been using ESPN for nearly a decade for fantasy football. Here http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/adp.php?viewpos=all&sortby=espn%C2'>

We've also tried to manually edit the adp.csv file in c:\fbg\draft dominator...where just to see if it will work change Akers to 1 and Peterson to 223...I get nothing.

Our league has been using ESPN for nearly a decade for fantasy football. Here

We've also tried to manually edit the adp.csv file in c:\fbg\draft dominator...where just to see if it will work change Akers to 1 and Peterson to 223...I get nothing.

Here is the step by step process I use for importing ESPN ADP into the Draft Dominator:

> Open the adp.csv file from the Draft Dominator folder (make sure it is not the Projections Dominator folder)

> Sort the data from smallest to highest by the adp_consensus column

> In another Excel document, copy and paste the data from here: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/adp.php. This is already sorted by the consensus.

> Copy all of the values from the ESPN column and paste them in the adp_mag column in the adp.csv file

> Save adp.csv

> In the Draft Dominator, import the ADP (not ADP User)

> When editing the team names, select Magazine Average as the ADP List for everyone.

This has always worked for me and it is the most efficient way to do it.

I'm seeing duplicate players in Draft Dominator 14.0 D. I've tried reinstalling, but the duplicates are still there. Most of them are old players (Derek Anderson, David Carr, etc), but not all of them. For example, I have 2 Chase Daniel. If I delete the one with 0 FP, the other goes away too. Is there a way to delete the duplicates?

• Like 1

DD Issues PLEASE HELP!!!..

I have inputted all of my ESPN Standard League scoring and when I go to do a Mock Draft with the DD the applications "Suggested Player" that I pick is not making any sense...

In the first draft I did this morning the DD suggested I take C. Kapernick in the 2nd round and then Cam Newton in the 3rd round??? Obviously this is not going to help my team...

In the second draft I did the DD suggested I take J. Graham in the 3rd round and then Gronk in the 4th round...again not very helpful...

PLEASE HELP, MY DRAFT IS COMING UP SOON!

I have checked and re-checked that all my info was inputted correctly...

Thanks,

Ben

Our league has been using ESPN for nearly a decade for fantasy football. Here

Here is the step by step process I use for importing ESPN ADP into the Draft Dominator:

> Open the adp.csv file from the Draft Dominator folder (make sure it is not the Projections Dominator folder)

> Sort the data from smallest to highest by the adp_consensus column

> In another Excel document, copy and paste the data from here: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/adp.php. This is already sorted by the consensus.

> Copy all of the values from the ESPN column and paste them in the adp_mag column in the adp.csv file

> Save adp.csv

> In the Draft Dominator, import the ADP (not ADP User)

> When editing the team names, select Magazine Average as the ADP List for everyone.

This has always worked for me and it is the most efficient way to do it.

Did exactly that and got it to work yesterday. I found I had to tell the teams to draft by ADP...but that's ok. I did find there are discrepancies in missing names in the ESPN sort on the website compared to the adp.csv file. They are noticeable in the adp.csv file by missing values for the first few columns of adp. Bug maybe?

Example...this direct copy from the adp file portion... look at the Donnie Avery entry.

Falcons Atlanta Def ATL/6 184 198 202 226 133 0 232 164 224 244

Austin Miles WR DAL/11 85 74 91 85 97 0 89 90 87 85

Austin Tavon WR STL/11 77 91 82 71 76 0 71 75 71 71

Avery Donnie WR KC/10 265 264 265

Bailey Dan PK DAL/11 209 231 227 206 198 0 218 195 220 217

Baldwin Jon WR KC/10 256 214 256 259 256 0 258 254 258 214

Ballard Jake TE NE/10 195 239 235 177 158 0 201 194 207

Those aren't showing up in the ESPN listing. Have to add them manually.

Edited by g5jamz

Yeah this is because the Draft Dominator imports the ADP that shows up here: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/adp.php. It is not a bug. The ADP for standard leagues for Donnie Avery is blank because he is not normally picked in the top 280 or whatever.

So the DD zero'd out the projected points for Maclin and Pitta, yet it still tries to get me to take them high because of their ADP. This is annoying, especially since I've completely lost its helpful suggestions regarding position scarcity and relative value.

So the DD zero'd out the projected points for Maclin and Pitta, yet it still tries to get me to take them high because of their ADP. This is annoying, especially since I've completely lost its helpful suggestions regarding position scarcity and relative value.

Go to the adp.csv file in the Draft Dominator file and delete the values for Maclin and Pitta. Then import the file in the Draft Dominator and neither player should have an ADP value.

I did not read through this thread, so please forgive me.

Can you duplicate a league? I am joining multiple MFL 10's and would just like to duplicate the settings with new team names and draft order.

Yes, I am lazy.

I did not read through this thread, so please forgive me.

Can you duplicate a league? I am joining multiple MFL 10's and would just like to duplicate the settings with new team names and draft order.

Yes, I am lazy.

Yes, I think if you just save your existing league under a different name you will have two copies of the same league, then you can edit one of them.

unless i'm not understanding how the setup works it seems that keepers are assigned to a draft position not a team. this sucks if you are trying out multiple draft slots because you have to set up the keepers every time. Am I wrong on this, and if not does anyone have a work around?

instead of all teams in the mocks either using ADP OR VBD can you assign it to each team individually? this would lead to a more accurate representation of the draft.

also, I know i'm puzzled as to why espn's rankings/projections are not an option. there are a few of my league mates who are slaves to those ranks and it would be useful if they were an option. i know cbs is similar but the subtle differences are there and i want to more accurately represent the mocks.

Bruce, is there a way to include last year's actual auction values as a column in this year's draft projections?

Having those numbers next to the projected values would help me determine what the potential market value would be for such players as those from the league's local NFL teams.

Mike.

Edited by twinchamps

unless i'm not understanding how the setup works it seems that keepers are assigned to a draft position not a team. this sucks if you are trying out multiple draft slots because you have to set up the keepers every time. Am I wrong on this, and if not does anyone have a work around?

instead of all teams in the mocks either using ADP OR VBD can you assign it to each team individually? this would lead to a more accurate representation of the draft.

also, I know i'm puzzled as to why espn's rankings/projections are not an option. there are a few of my league mates who are slaves to those ranks and it would be useful if they were an option. i know cbs is similar but the subtle differences are there and i want to more accurately represent the mocks.

You are correct, if you change your teams draft slot, the keepers will not follow. It's a bit of a hassle, but you will need to set up 12 separate mock leagues for each draft slot with keepers set up accordingly.

Just wondering, do you get to choose your draft slot? Seems a bit odd to me in a keeper league, but every league has it's unique parameters and I guess if it works for you guys, great!

What about the other 11 teams? When you mock from different slots, the other teams may be in different slots also, no? You would literally have to set up 144 mock leagues to have all of the bases covered, with all teams drafting from all 12 draft slots.

As far as ESPN and CBS rankings/ADP, they have never been a part of DD. You will need to set up your own ADP file with those rankings if you want to mock with them. There is a thread with info on setting up your own ADP file, but not sure which. Try the FAQ thread first.

Sorry if this doesn't answer all of your questions.

You are correct, if you change your teams draft slot, the keepers will not follow. It's a bit of a hassle, but you will need to set up 12 separate mock leagues for each draft slot with keepers set up accordingly.

Just wondering, do you get to choose your draft slot? Seems a bit odd to me in a keeper league, but every league has it's unique parameters and I guess if it works for you guys, great!

What about the other 11 teams? When you mock from different slots, the other teams may be in different slots also, no? You would literally have to set up 144 mock leagues to have all of the bases covered, with all teams drafting from all 12 draft slots.

As far as ESPN and CBS rankings/ADP, they have never been a part of DD. You will need to set up your own ADP file with those rankings if you want to mock with them. There is a thread with info on setting up your own ADP file, but not sure which. Try the FAQ thread first.

Sorry if this doesn't answer all of your questions.

to answer your question, we have an NBA style lottery based on previous year record which determines in what order you get to pick your draft spot. ie: the worst record has the best chance of getting which pick they want.

thankfully it is only a 10 team league so i only have to setup 100 leagues. FUN!

is the keeper and draft position information stored by the program in an editable file? Even if i could do it outside of the program it would be much easier

No.

I've never personally encountered a situation like yours. The only way I know of to save this info would be to create separate DD files to accomplish this. Thus the 100 separate mock leagues.

When does the selection of draft slots occur? At the draft? If so, how in the hell does anyone in your league even begin to prepare for a draft like this? If this is the case, every one of you is totally winging it on draft day! You have the best tool available to you here with the DD. If you are the only one using it you are way ahead of everyone else, even if you have to set up 100 mock draft scenarios to prepare ahead. In fact, even if you don't set up 100 mocks, the DD will give you the best shot of finding value at each of your picks on draft day, regardless of which pick is yours.

If the draft slot selection process is completed, let's say a week, ahead of the draft it would reduce your mock leagues to only 10. Much easier to run a bunch of mocks, obviously.

That being said, 100 mock draft scenarios for one league is extremely hard to wrap your mind around prior to draft day. Best of luck to you!!! (And, even though it doesn't need to be said, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that scenario in any of my leagues.)

is the keeper and draft position information stored by the program in an editable file? Even if i could do it outside of the program it would be much easier

No.

I've never personally encountered a situation like yours. The only way I know of to save this info would be to create separate DD files to accomplish this. Thus the 100 separate mock leagues.

When does the selection of draft slots occur? At the draft? If so, how in the hell does anyone in your league even begin to prepare for a draft like this? If this is the case, every one of you is totally winging it on draft day! You have the best tool available to you here with the DD. If you are the only one using it you are way ahead of everyone else, even if you have to set up 100 mock draft scenarios to prepare ahead. In fact, even if you don't set up 100 mocks, the DD will give you the best shot of finding value at each of your picks on draft day, regardless of which pick is yours.

If the draft slot selection process is completed, let's say a week, ahead of the draft it would reduce your mock leagues to only 10. Much easier to run a bunch of mocks, obviously.

That being said, 100 mock draft scenarios for one league is extremely hard to wrap your mind around prior to draft day. Best of luck to you!!! (And, even though it doesn't need to be said, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that scenario in any of my leagues.)

draft day. i pushed to have keepers and draft selections picked ahead of time, but lost to the majority. just like any league that you don't know your draft spot till draft day you just have to prepare tiers and mock a lot to figure out what kind of team you feel comfortable with. but this is all off topic

I had to remember how to do it, but yes it is.

1) Close DD.

2) Open your league file (*.ddf) with notepad

The areas of interest are to be [Team Names], [Pick Order] an area called [Team 1], [Team 2], etc (where you will see keepers listed, and [KeeperList]. You might be able to play with these to make the process easier. But I don't think so... from what I can tell from your request, you probably want to set the team names, change the draft order as needed and manually update the keepers.

3) Save your file.

4) Open DD and reopen you file if it isn't opened automatically.

Good luck. Without going too much off topic, unless you have a fairly good history of drafting tendencies, I might suggest just focusing on the 10 slots you might have - you could focus on the players that might come to you at specific slots.

Edited by GoBears84

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to set up scoring where pts/yd changes after the first 100 yards? For receiving and rushing, it's 0.1 pts/yd for the first 100 yards, then after it doubles to 0.2 pts/yd. I'm mostly worried about VBD separation both between positions and within positions.

What I would like to do is export the weekly projections from Draft Dominator, calculate total fantasy points in Excel, then copy and paste those totals into the VBD App to get my top 50. However, I don't think it's possible to see or export weekly projections. Alternatively I'm going to just tinker with the bonuses and yds/pt by position until the output looks reasonable. I think I need to tweak both because the studs capable of outrageous yardage days need to be assigned more fantasy points than, say, guys that can consistently rush/catch for 101 yards. Does that make sense?

We use two IDPs per team in my league, and there's always a huge glut of 100+defensive guys hovering right around VDB value of 0. It gets hard to see who's left skill position-wise when they're surrounded by so many defensive players. Is there some way I can get DD to ignore these guys in the player pool? I tried setting the numbers of IDP starters to 0, but that takes them out of the pool and I'd have to enter them by hand during the draft.

We use two IDPs per team in my league, and there's always a huge glut of 100+defensive guys hovering right around VDB value of 0. It gets hard to see who's left skill position-wise when they're surrounded by so many defensive players. Is there some way I can get DD to ignore these guys in the player pool? I tried setting the numbers of IDP starters to 0, but that takes them out of the pool and I'd have to enter them by hand during the draft.

Here's one way to handle that. Go to the VBD Baseline tab under setup and choose Maurile's Auction Method (doesn't matter if you don't actually use an auction format). In the "Mult" column, change DL, LB, and DB to really low multiples and test out the results until it makes sense for you. For example, in my league last year, the top 24 IDP positions were held by 21 LBs, 1 DL, and 2 DBs. So I would change those multiples to 0.02/0.50/0.03 DL/LB/DB to get approximately that number of players ranked for each position. This will push the VBD of all other IDPs into negative territory. If you are still seeing a lot of IDPs on top of your skill positions because your skill positions also go negative quickly, then increase the multiples for your skill positions. Just don't go crazy or things will get out of whack fast.

EDIT: See my reply (#398) below about why playing with VBD baselines without a proper understanding of VBD can lead to disastrous results.

Edited by big windy

You can also use "User Configurable by Position Rank", but since it doesn't give you default numbers, you have to be a little more savvy in how you configure it. The DD has a help file on how to set up these options if you want to go more in depth.

Here's one way to handle that. Go to the VBD Baseline tab under setup and choose Maurile's Auction Method (doesn't matter if you don't actually use an auction format). In the "Mult" column, change DL, LB, and DB to really low multiples and test out the results until it makes sense for you. For example, in my league last year, the top 24 IDP positions were held by 21 LBs, 1 DL, and 2 DBs. So I would change those multiples to 0.02/0.50/0.03 DL/LB/DB to get approximately that number of players ranked for each position. This will push the VBD of all other IDPs into negative territory. If you are still seeing a lot of IDPs on top of your skill positions because your skill positions also go negative quickly, then increase the multiples for your skill positions. Just don't go crazy or things will get out of whack fast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have what seems an obvious question re: these resetting strategies for VBD. I think that all of us with IDPs struggle with the problem of having defensive players (as well as Kickers, for that matter) bunching up at points earlier than we want to draft them. The suggestions made by Big Windy seem logical to help prevent this. So ... why doesn't the DD App set baselines this way as defaults? Why would anybody want a VBD baseline that creates this problem? What am I missing?

In a related question, I experimented a bit with adjusting both 'Maurile's Auction Method', and the "User Configurable by Position Rank". I understand the Auction Method adjustments (although I used my higher number to have the draft board make sense); but I don't get how to configure the Position Rank option works. Can you give me a reasonably brief primer on that?

I am not showing the ADP value on a re-draft League setup from last season in either the Player Pool or Best Value Pick?

I do have the ADP value showing up on a new Dynasty league which I am still drafting.

Will I have to re-create my old league in order to get the ADP value to show up.

TIA!

Draft Dominator 14.0e / Clear Teams command is not working. Any ideas?

Close the DD, then open your league file in NotePad and remove all the lines with that player on it. Save it. Then open up the DD again.

Not sure if this has been answered before, but I have just a couple of quick questions. Is there a way to set up DD with a) 2 player keepers and b) if we traded picks last year? (Team A's 5th for team B's 6th rounder as a throwing on a player deal)

Much appreciated.

Edited by djjosee

Not sure if this has been answered before, but I have just a couple of quick questions. Is there a way to set up DD with a) 2 player keepers and b) if we traded picks last year? (Team A's 5th for team B's 6th rounder as a throwing on a player deal)

Much appreciated.

Go into Keeper List and just add the keepers in as Round 0, pick 0. You can input as many as you'd like.

To trade draft picks go File>Setup>Pick Order and swap the appropriate picks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have what seems an obvious question re: these resetting strategies for VBD. I think that all of us with IDPs struggle with the problem of having defensive players (as well as Kickers, for that matter) bunching up at points earlier than we want to draft them. The suggestions made by Big Windy seem logical to help prevent this. So ... why doesn't the DD App set baselines this way as defaults? Why would anybody want a VBD baseline that creates this problem? What am I missing?

In a related question, I experimented a bit with adjusting both 'Maurile's Auction Method', and the "User Configurable by Position Rank". I understand the Auction Method adjustments (although I used my higher number to have the draft board make sense); but I don't get how to configure the Position Rank option works. Can you give me a reasonably brief primer on that?

First, I feel like I should backtrack on my initial recommendation a bit. You have to be very careful playing with VBD baselines. If you really dislike the bunching that occurs in the middle of a draft, I would probably recommend abandoning the overall VBD rankings once your roster is full and just start flipping between tabs.

I think Position Rankings method is the exact same as Maurile's Auction Method, but instead of having to use multiples, you can just input the exact numbers of players you want to be ranked. As for why DD bunches PK/DST towards the top at the end of the draft, I think it just has to do with how fast the value of each position decays. Say you use RB46 as your definition of replacement level RB (your VBD baseline). In the most recent projections by my league's scoring system, this is Bernard Pierce at 99 points. To find a player's VBD, take his fantasy points minus the fantasy points of your baseline player at that position. Adrian Peterson at 276 is going to have a VBD of 276-99 = 177. Jonathan Dwyer at RB60 has a VBD of 58-99 = -57. Now do the same example with kickers. Your 13th best kicker is projected at 126 and the 32nd best kicker (the worst) is projected at 94. That gives the worst kicker, someone who will never be rostered, a VBD of -32, much higher than a 5th RB.

So I guess I should have put a big WARNING SIGN around my suggestion of playing around with VBD baselines without first reading the primer. If you lower the baseline of a position, it makes the VBD of the best guys at that position higher, thus recommending you draft certain players ahead of others when it actually may be a bad idea to do so. In an extreme example, if I say I want to rank 32 PKs, DD is going to suggest I draft Gostkowski in the 3rd round! So please be careful adjusting VBD baselines and make sure your tweaks make sense.

when using the mock draft feature, I am looking at the team totals but they seem off. I have selected "Starters only" so shouldn't the QB field = whoever the QB1 is for that team? It's always higher. Curious what might be causing that?

when using the mock draft feature, I am looking at the team totals but they seem off. I have selected "Starters only" so shouldn't the QB field = whoever the QB1 is for that team? It's always higher. Curious what might be causing that?

Starters only basically looks at each week and takes the player who is projected to have the most points for each week. So for QBs, if your QB1 has a bye on Week 9, it will take the projected points for your QB2. It will also use the QB2 week projection if he is projected to score higher than you QB1 for a week. For example, in a mock I did recently, I took Kaepernick as my QB1 and Dalton as my QB2. In Week 6, Dalton is projected to have more points when using the strength of schedule weights, so his projection is used for that week even though Kaepernick is my QB1.