Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Hey guys been using DD now for a couple years and running into a minor issue that I can't quite figure out.

My league starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 rb/wr, 1 k, and 1 d. I'm trying to figure out how to set up my league variables to correctly reflect VBD principles.

Right now I have 2 rb starters with 6 roster spots and flex box checked, same thing for wr's. I then have one flex starter and zero roster spots. Is this correct? I have also put zero in the flex box for starters and just changed the starters for rb and wr's to 2.5 but it heavily favors rbs in this scenario.

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the correct way to go here as it heavily changes my drafting approach with either one.

Thanks

Is there a definitive date on when the DD projections gets updated? I've tried updating the projections the last few days, but the latest projection update it says it has is July 31 and when I look at the Forecast -> Offense tab, all 4 forecasters have projections updated in early August so far.

Also, is the projections that DD downloads a culmination of these four forecasters or a single forecaster? Is there a way to single out which forecaster's projection you want to use and just use that? Or even combine two?

Edit: I have W17 set to 0.00 in the Game by Game Projection. If I set it to 1.00 and hit recaculate, shouldn't pretty much most of the Points in Player Pool window increase because I'm now using W17 projections in their totals? In Setup -> Projections every week is set to 1.00 there.

Thanks! Trying to learn more about the program.

Edited by finger11

Is there a definitive date on when the DD projections gets updated? I've tried updating the projections the last few days, but the latest projection update it says it has is July 31 and when I look at the Forecast -> Offense tab, all 4 forecasters have projections updated in early August so far.

Also, is the projections that DD downloads a culmination of these four forecasters or a single forecaster? Is there a way to single out which forecaster's projection you want to use and just use that? Or even combine two?

Edit: I have W17 set to 0.00 in the Game by Game Projection. If I set it to 1.00 and hit recaculate, shouldn't pretty much most of the Points in Player Pool window increase because I'm now using W17 projections in their totals? In Setup -> Projections every week is set to 1.00 there.

projections update around once a week.

when you update, it's only DODDS projections... you have to use Projection Dominator, weight the projections however you want between the forecasters and import it into Draft Dominator.

Keep in mind, youll have to do the Pro Dom trick EVERY TIME you click to update Draft Dominator... whether it updates or not

Hey guys been using DD now for a couple years and running into a minor issue that I can't quite figure out.

My league starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 rb/wr, 1 k, and 1 d. I'm trying to figure out how to set up my league variables to correctly reflect VBD principles.

Right now I have 2 rb starters with 6 roster spots and flex box checked, same thing for wr's. I then have one flex starter and zero roster spots. Is this correct? I have also put zero in the flex box for starters and just changed the starters for rb and wr's to 2.5 but it heavily favors rbs in this scenario.

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the correct way to go here as it heavily changes my drafting approach with either one.

Thanks

If you have checked the flex boxes, you should just enter the number of flex starters in the flex box. The program will then automatically calculate flex numbers based on your scoring system and the projections.

Yes. If you want to include the Week 17 projections, you should set the value in the GamebyGame window to 1.

Yes. If you want to include the Week 17 projections, you should set the value in the GamebyGame window to 1.

Yea, if I set it to 1 in the GamebyGame window to 1, and hit recalculate nothing updates in the Player Pool. Might be a bug?

Edited by finger11

Thanks

If you have checked the flex boxes, you should just enter the number of flex starters in the flex box. The program will then automatically calculate flex numbers based on your scoring system and the projections.

Ok I'll put 1 in the flex starter box but should I still leave the flex roster spots box at zero? Or maybe that doesn't matter.. Thanks

when you update, it's only DODDS projections... you have to use Projection Dominator, weight the projections however you want between the forecasters and import it into Draft Dominator.

Keep in mind, youll have to do the Pro Dom trick EVERY TIME you click to update Draft Dominator... whether it updates or not

That's pretty cool that you can weigh a bunch of projections or even stats from previous years.

When manually updating, if DD updates projections once a week, does PD update any time a projection is updated between the 4 guys and you get the latest projections? I'm just confused on when I need to manually update the DD with PD or not. DD says last update is 7/31, but I noticed D. Alexander isn't even in the player pool anymore like it updated since yesterday.

That's pretty cool that you can weigh a bunch of projections or even stats from previous years.

When manually updating, if DD updates projections once a week, does PD update any time a projection is updated between the 4 guys and you get the latest projections? I'm just confused on when I need to manually update the DD with PD or not. DD says last update is 7/31, but I noticed D. Alexander isn't even in the player pool anymore like it updated since yesterday.

dont quote me on this, but I think if players are deemed out for the season, or major injuries like that, DD will update to remove that player, even tho the date stamp will still be X days old..

Because technically it's not an update, theyre just removing invalid players, so people dont end up drafting them

So it's not a projection update, just removing dead players.

dont quote me on this, but I think if players are deemed out for the season, or major injuries like that, DD will update to remove that player, even tho the date stamp will still be X days old..

Because technically it's not an update, theyre just removing invalid players, so people dont end up drafting them

So anytime I manually update PD it will update to the latest rankings, but DD will only update once a week? This means that anytime you have a draft you should go PD -> Import into DD. If this is so, shouldn't this be a bigger topic for people to know?

So anytime I manually update PD it will update to the latest rankings, but DD will only update once a week? This means that anytime you have a draft you should go PD -> Import into DD. If this is so, shouldn't this be a bigger topic for people to know?

DD projections are updated when they are updated on the site BUT the date of last update is only changed once a week or so...

DD projections are updated when they are updated on the site BUT the date of last update is only changed once a week or so...

Thanks for the clarification! I'm surprised that's not a bigger question from people.

regarding the actual use of the tool during the draft and the drop offs and DVBD. Have you guys found that the below info from the FAQ is the best method?

What does Dropoff, Drop Value, Need Mult, and DVBD stand for? How can I best use these?

Dropoff: The projected number that will be taken based on the number of picks you are looking ahead.

Drop value: This is the Absolute value of the top player at the position against what will be there after the number of picks you have defined.

Need Mult: Secret formula that analyzes your team and decides the best way way to strengthen it. For Example if you have two QBs and only start 1, your team has little to no need for a third QB. This is an extremely intense calculation, but it basically just spits out a number.

DVBD: is the Absolute VBD value multiplied by the Need Mult value.

The DVBD is typically what you want to draft by, but sometimes it is not. A high Drop value with low need could still be the right selection (for trades/depth, etc).

Here is How I suggest everyone uses this tool to have the Perfect draft.

When you are on the clock, run it looking at 24 picks ahead. Then run it at 36 picks ahead. Look at DVBD for position to draft. Click on that tab on the Draft dominator and make sure that player best helps you via bye weeks, etc. Also look at Average Draft data and see if said player might be around when you draft again.

regarding the actual use of the tool during the draft and the drop offs and DVBD. Have you guys found that the below info from the FAQ is the best method?

What does Dropoff, Drop Value, Need Mult, and DVBD stand for? How can I best use these?

Dropoff: The projected number that will be taken based on the number of picks you are looking ahead.

Drop value: This is the Absolute value of the top player at the position against what will be there after the number of picks you have defined.

Need Mult: Secret formula that analyzes your team and decides the best way way to strengthen it. For Example if you have two QBs and only start 1, your team has little to no need for a third QB. This is an extremely intense calculation, but it basically just spits out a number.

DVBD: is the Absolute VBD value multiplied by the Need Mult value.

The DVBD is typically what you want to draft by, but sometimes it is not. A high Drop value with low need could still be the right selection (for trades/depth, etc).

Here is How I suggest everyone uses this tool to have the Perfect draft.

When you are on the clock, run it looking at 24 picks ahead. Then run it at 36 picks ahead. Look at DVBD for position to draft. Click on that tab on the Draft dominator and make sure that player best helps you via bye weeks, etc. Also look at Average Draft data and see if said player might be around when you draft again.

That is about how I do it, I have a good enough feel for the guys in my league that it works for me. There is no 'perfect' answer. The best thing to do is run some mocks and see you it works for you. See how your team comes out.

BTW - it takes a moment to do that. If you are in a redraft league where you have about 2 minutes to make a pick, set the timer in DD and pretend you are on the clock so that you know you can handle it in the heat of the draft.

I'm seeing duplicate players in Draft Dominator 14.0 D. I've tried reinstalling, but the duplicates are still there. Most of them are old players (Derek Anderson, David Carr, etc), but not all of them. For example, I have 2 Chase Daniel. If I delete the one with 0 FP, the other goes away too. Is there a way to delete the duplicates?

From the Readme.txt for version 14.0f:

Fixed: Removed the duplicate QBs from the player pool.

Sweet! Thank you!!!

Is anyone using Fudge Factor for auction settings? When we first switched to the auction format, our league had a cap of $200, but we put contracts on players. Now we have $100 cap, but most teams have most of their players (I add those players in as Keepers with 0 amount paid). Every year, the auction amounts in DD are WAY too low (players go for a lot more). So I tried setting Fudge Factor to 1 to double the auction values, but I saw no difference. According to the User Manual: "If you set it to .10, then it will increase all the auction values by 10% across the board." Since I want to double the value, shouldn't it be set to 1 to increase auction values by 100%?

FBG Team,

Thanks for the excellent articles and tools...been a subscriber for years.

Question re: DD and Auctions:

Is there a screen/tile in DD that shows the salaries given out so far BY POSITION, as opposed to BY TEAM? Example: I want to know the price of all the QB's taken before I starting bidding on one later in the draft. This will allow me to better adjust $$ projections as the draft gets into the the later hours.

Thanks...and my apologies if the answer is already in the forum somewhere.

-asif

The Draft Dominator application has the 2012 schedule in the SOS section, not the 2013 schedule.

Double check to ensure you have the correct DD. I see the 2013 schedule. BAL open up at DEN. GB at SF. ATL @ NO. All check correct.

Quick question for the DD:

When setting the "Roster Spots" section on the General Tab of the Setup Screen...Should I set the number to something like this:

QB: 2

RB: 5

WR: 5

TE: 1

DST: 2

K: 1

Flex: 0

Essentially making the total roster spots equal to the number of rounds in my draft and how most teams in my league draft their teams?

Also, on the "Team Names" tab in the setup what drop-down box do I choose for "ADP List for Mock's"? it defaults to Consensus, but I wasn't sure if I should use Expert? (I do not Import any ADP List's...I use whatever the DD offers...I also Check Mark the "Draft other Teams by ADP" in the Misc Box on the "General Tab" of the Setup Screen).

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

Quick question for the DD:

When setting the "Roster Spots" section on the General Tab of the Setup Screen...Should I set the number to something like this:

QB: 2

RB: 5

WR: 5

TE: 1

DST: 2

K: 1

Flex: 0

Essentially making the total roster spots equal to the number of rounds in my draft and how most teams in my league draft their teams?

Also, on the "Team Names" tab in the setup what drop-down box do I choose for "ADP List for Mock's"? it defaults to Consensus, but I wasn't sure if I should use Expert? (I do not Import any ADP List's...I use whatever the DD offers...I also Check Mark the "Draft other Teams by ADP" in the Misc Box on the "General Tab" of the Setup Screen).

Thanks for the help!

That's what I do...I set Rosters equal to what I want on my team at the end of the draft.

For your mock, when you have 'Draft other Teams by ADP' checked, you need to decide how you want to replicate each owner. Until I had data, I assumed that some guys were experts, some guys would use the ADP supplied by MFL and others were using Magazines.

• Like 1

is there an order to the Player Comments window in DD that I am just not seeing? They definitely aren't chronological... if there isn't an order, could they be sorted in chronological for the next update? Would be nice to have the latest news first.

When or how often will ADP be updated? Mine has shown Percy Harvin in the 3rd round for two weeks now as an example. I upgraded to the latest version and hit get latest projections and still old data.

When or how often will ADP be updated? Mine has shown Percy Harvin in the 3rd round for two weeks now as an example. I upgraded to the latest version and hit get latest projections and still old data.

I am using the "g" version and Harvin is showing ADP in the 12th round. May need to reinstall.

The Draft Dominator application has the 2012 schedule in the SOS section, not the 2013 schedule.

Double check to ensure you have the correct DD. I see the 2013 schedule. BAL open up at DEN. GB at SF. ATL @ NO. All check correct.

It is fixed today, in g. It was not correct in f.

I am using the "g" version and Harvin is showing ADP in the 12th round. May need to reinstall.

I redownloaded the g version, still shows Harvin with ADP of 3.04

Same for me. I also just installed g.

I'm using f, and it shows 12.08 for Harvin. I did get updated projections, but that was a couple of days ago. Try getting updated projections. Could it be the Mac version versus the Windows version?

Edit: Just updated, and Harvin is now at 12.11.

Edited by DevilDogs

I'm using f, and it shows 12.08 for Harvin. I did get updated projections, but that was a couple of days ago. Try getting updated projections. Could it be the Mac version versus the Windows version?

I'm using windows, f and g both not updating.

I'm using windows, f and g both not updating.

Hmmm. Ok, open the adp.csv file in a text editor (not Excel), and paste this line in place of Harvin:

Harvin,Percy,WR,SEA/12,143,163,121,132,140,0,164,172,148,165

Then do Import->Average Draft Position (ADP). This should change Harvin to 12.11 (assuming a 12 team league, and consensus)

I updated to g, and updated projections, and that was Harvin's line in the adp file after updating projections.

He's 16.01 in my Windows version.

Something's crazy here, guys. I use Windows 7, and have DD - g. I updated projections. I imported ADP. Harvin STILL shows as ADP 3.01. ?????

He's 16.01 in my Windows version.

Something's crazy here, guys. I use Windows 7, and have DD - g. I updated projections. I imported ADP. Harvin STILL shows as ADP 3.01. ?????

Yea, mine is still messed up and it isn't just Harvin. Maclin shows 8.06, Pitta shows 7.07 and I'm sure there are others.

When you guys are updating the projections, try updating the Draft Dominator first, then update in the Projections Dominator and import into the Draft Dominator. Not sure if this is the issue but just want to make sure this is what you are doing.

When you guys are updating the projections, try updating the Draft Dominator first, then update in the Projections Dominator and import into the Draft Dominator. Not sure if this is the issue but just want to make sure this is what you are doing.

I haven't even DL'd PD yet. I only have DD right now. So the problem is somewhere in DD.

Just did that. No change. The projected points were ok for these players already, just not the ADP before or after.

Try reinstalling DD. All the players listed above are showing up where they belong - Pitta and Maclin don't even have an ADP in my Windows version.

Try reinstalling DD. All the players listed above are showing up where they belong - Pitta and Maclin don't even have an ADP in my Windows version.

Done that numerous times...

I'm not sure what the problem is. Try deleting the ADP.csv file from the Draft Dominator folder and then update the projections to see what happens.

Is there any way to see a list of injuries within the Draft Dominator app? I would like to see a list of players that are out and how long - every year a guy drafts an injured player - and when I can't find him in my player pool I assume he is injured but it would be nice to pull up a list and say - that guy is out for the year with a Torn ACL or that guy is expected to miss the first 4 games with a torn tricep... something to let the bozo know that he is drafting an injured player - might be nice for suspensions as well - just an easy way to look up to see what I should expect if I draft a guy like Von Miller...

Thanks

I'm not sure what the problem is. Try deleting the ADP.csv file from the Draft Dominator folder and then update the projections to see what happens.

Again, no joy

Is there a way to weight a certain position so that it gets picked earlier/more often in the mock draft? My league is a 2QB league and the second QB's tend to go very early, though during the mocks in draft dominator, they still seem to get drafted as they would in a normal, 1QB league.

Is there a way to weight a certain position so that it gets picked earlier/more often in the mock draft? My league is a 2QB league and the second QB's tend to go very early, though during the mocks in draft dominator, they still seem to get drafted as they would in a normal, 1QB league.

What are you using as your baseline?

Is there any way to see a list of injuries within the Draft Dominator app? I would like to see a list of players that are out and how long - every year a guy drafts an injured player - and when I can't find him in my player pool I assume he is injured but it would be nice to pull up a list and say - that guy is out for the year with a Torn ACL or that guy is expected to miss the first 4 games with a torn tricep... something to let the bozo know that he is drafting an injured player - might be nice for suspensions as well - just an easy way to look up to see what I should expect if I draft a guy like Von Miller...

Thanks

:goodposting:

Have always wanted this info in Player Notes 3! I put it in manually now.

RR

Thanks

:goodposting:

Have always wanted this info in Player Notes 3! I put it in manually now.

RR

THIS. I just keep apprised of the injury news and add my own injury notes into DD. These notes carry through no matter which league you open up, if you have multiple leagues, and aren't interfered with if you import projections from PD.

I am new to the Draft Dominator and was wondering if (how) it is possible to import a different ADP into DD. My online draft is done through Yahoo and has typically be greatly influenced by their rankings/ADP which can vary from the ones I currently see in DD. Is it possible to somehow import the Yahoo ADP and use that?

I've used the DD for years... wondering how the Draft GM iPad app differs/compares? Is there a need for both? Can I just use the App instead of DD?

I am new to the Draft Dominator and was wondering if (how) it is possible to import a different ADP into DD. My online draft is done through Yahoo and has typically be greatly influenced by their rankings/ADP which can vary from the ones I currently see in DD. Is it possible to somehow import the Yahoo ADP and use that?

There are a couple of ways, but it will take some work on your part. I don't know of any way to import Yahoo's ADP directly, but you can modify a file to match Yahoo's ADP. In the DraftDominator directory, there is an ADP.csv file. This can be loaded into Excel and modified. DD also has the option to load a "user" csv file (ADP_user.csv). Put Yahoo's ADP in there, and it will be safe from updates. Either way, once you've modified one of these files, go to File->Import and select either ADP or ADP User, depending on which file you've modified. Keep in mind, if you modify ADP.csv, the file will get overwritten when you get the latest projections.

Is anyone using Fudge Factor for auction settings? When we first switched to the auction format, our league had a cap of $200, but we put contracts on players. Now we have $100 cap, but most teams have most of their players (I add those players in as Keepers with 0 amount paid). Every year, the auction amounts in DD are WAY too low (players go for a lot more). So I tried setting Fudge Factor to 1 to double the auction values, but I saw no difference. According to the User Manual: "If you set it to .10, then it will increase all the auction values by 10% across the board." Since I want to double the value, shouldn't it be set to 1 to increase auction values by 100%?

Does anyone have an idea on this?

Scoring Question (Moderator please move if posted in the incorrect place)

My league uses thresholds that makes setting the Draft Dominator difficult.

Does anybody have any setup suggestions for the scoring below with respect to the settings for Pts Per Passing Yard & Bonus for 300 yard passing game; Pts Per Rushing Yard & Bonus for 100 yard rushing game; and Pts Per Receiving Yard & Bonus for 300 yard receiving game ?

Special Scoring for Quarterbacks Name Settings PaInt Passing Interception -2 points PaTD Passing TD 6 points
Plus 3 points for a PaTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 6 points for a PaTD of 40+ Yds PaYd Passing Yards 0 - 250 PaYds = 0 points for every 10 PaYds
251+ PaYds = 1 point for every 10 PaYds
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 220+ PaYd ReTD Receiving TD 12 points
Plus 6 points for a ReTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 12 points for a ReTD of 40+ Yds ReYd Receiving Yards 0 - 50 ReYds = 0 points for every 10 ReYds
51+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ ReYd RuTD Rushing TD 12 points
Plus 6 points for a RuTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 12 points for a RuTD of 40+ Yds RuYd Rushing Yards 0 - 50 RuYds = 0 points for every 10 RuYds
51+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ RuYd Sacked Times Sacked Passer -1 point Special Scoring for Running Backs Name Settings PaTD Passing TD 12 points
Plus 6 points for a PaTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 12 points for a PaTD of 40+ Yds PaYd Passing Yards 0 - 50 PaYds = 0 points for every 10 PaYds
51+ PaYds = 1 point for every 10 PaYds
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ PaYd ReTD Receiving TD 12 points
Plus 6 points for a ReTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 12 points for a ReTD of 40+ Yds ReYd Receiving Yards 0 - 50 ReYds = 0 points for every 10 ReYds
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ ReYd Recpt Reception 1 point RuTD Rushing TD 6 points
Plus 3 points for a RuTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 6 points for a RuTD of 40+ Yds RuYd Rushing Yards 0 - 70 RuYds = 0 points for every 10 RuYds
71+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds
Plus a 7 point bonus @ 70+ RuYd Special Scoring for Wide Receivers Name Settings PaTD Passing TD 12 points
Plus 12 points for a PaTD of 40+ Yds PaYd Passing Yards 0 - 50 PaYds = 0 points for every 10 PaYds
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ PaYd ReTD Receiving TD 6 points
Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 6 points for a ReTD of 40+ Yds ReYd Receiving Yards 0 - 70 ReYds = 0 points for every 10 ReYds
71+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds
Plus a 7 point bonus @ 70+ ReYd Recpt Reception 1 point RuTD Rushing TD 12 points
Plus 12 points for a RuTD of 40+ Yds RuYd Rushing Yards 0 - 50 RuYds = 0 points for every 10 RuYds
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ RuYd Special Scoring for Tight Ends Name Settings PaTD Passing TD 12 points
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ PaYd ReTD Receiving TD 6 points
Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 6 points for a ReTD of 40+ Yds ReYd Receiving Yards 0 - 50 ReYds = 0 points for every 1 ReYd
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ ReYd Recpt Reception 1 point RuTD Rushing TD 12 points
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ RuYd