What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dumb Draft Picks (1 Viewer)

PC Load Letter

Irregardless.
I thought there was a bonehead pick thread, but I didn't see it on the first 4 pages, so let's start a new one.13.03 Onterrio Smith13.12 Koren Robinson14.07 Freddie Jones :shock: :lmao:

I thought there was a bonehead pick thread, but I didn't see it on the first 4 pages, so let's start a new one.

13.03 Onterrio Smith

13.12 Koren Robinson

14.07 Freddie Jones

:shock: :lmao:
Would you like to expand the league by 1 team?I'm nearby in SJ and really like my chances if 25% of the owners don't even know who still plays football. :P

c. williams at 1.10 in my money league, i mean even if he goes on and leads the league its still a dumb pick because he could have been gotten 2-3 rounds later

Guy in our 10 team draft took Tatum Bell with the 11 pick in the draft. He passed on J. Lewis, Culpepper, D.Davis, K. Jones, J.Jones, C. Martin, etc. His other starting rb will be Fraud Taylor. Hey, more money in the pot!

Rookie dynasty draft...1.12 Hutchinson, Chad2.1 Frerotte, GusBoth made by the same team. (I was offering A Brooks for 1.12+2.1)

Last edited by a moderator:
In a rookie draft, i seen a guy take vernard morency 2nd overall. Passed on brown and benson i believe...Last year i drafted RW 9th overall and he retired like 2 weeks later. Does that count?

Arrington at 2.2Mike Anderson at 2.14.Cedric Benson at 3.2.Oh, and I took Moss at 1.12 and TO at 2.17. Those might wind up being bonehead picks considering that my RBs are Fragile Fred, Dunn, T. Jones, K. Barlow and M. Moore ...

Rookie dynasty draft...

1.12 Hutchinson, Chad

2.1 Frerotte, Gus

Both made by the same team. (I was offering A Brooks for 1.12+2.1)
Ding Ding Ding...winner :loco: In my auction, the owner of Tiki Barber refused to go over $4 for Brandon Jacobs. He had $40 left for 4 guys at the time

Arrington at 2.2

Mike Anderson at 2.14.

Cedric Benson at 3.2.
Benson was taken in the 2nd round and caddie early 3rd round by the same team.. Thats where all the four rb's have been going i believe..

Pick 4.6-R. Curry, he was taken before Porter by a round. Not that is so bad given Porters ???'s about his leg, but I'd say a stretch.

guy in my main $ salary cap league kept no one so he could take Warrick Dunn in the first round. Ahman and Tiki went undrafted. His keepers used to be - Daunte and Moss. He will never live this down.

Check this out, first round of our draft -1. Tomlinson (no brainer)2. Manning (solid pick)3.Edgerrin James (what????)4. Terrell Owens (huh???)5. Alexander (great pick, thanks to the idiots at 3 and 4)6. Culpepper (probably safer than Priest Holmes)7. Randy Moss (safe pick, by far best WR on the board)8. Priest (how did he last this long)9. McNabb (safe pick)10. McGahee (not bad)11. Holt (too early, but a good pick)12. Marvin Harrison(I had him as #2 WR)Now before you slam the system, each team can only draft one player at a given position until Round 8. The first 7 rounds you have to draft 1 each at qb, rb, wr, k, dl, lb and db. That said, I was shocked that Domanick Davis and McCallister did not go in round 1.

OK - I'll admit it - I'm drinkin the Vick Kool-Aid this year - Most of what I'm reading is he will not improve (i think he does albeit modestly) - I honestly think he can approach 3000/20 - 1000/5 (10 dome games):disclaimer: Vick is ranked 4th in our scoring system for QB's: 1/50 Pa - 6 Pa TD- 1/10 Ru - 8 Ru TDTook MV 04.04 after McGahee 01.08; Dillon 02.04; CJ 03.08 :excited: and then got Delhomme in 9thThe way I see it Vick throws at least 1-1.5 per week and scats for at least 60-70 and possibly a Ru TAlso got Burleson, Whitten and Dunn after VickLet the games begin :popcorn:

Just finished our draft this afternoon. New guy that was just added to the league drafted this team:01.12 QB Drew Brees02.01 TE Tony Gonzalez03.12 WR Nate Burleson04.01 WR Muhsin Muhammad05.12 DEF Pittsburgh06.01 PK Adam Vinatieri 07.12 RB Jerome Bettis08.01 TE Daniel Graham09.12 RB Michael Bennett 10.01 RB Cedric Benson 11.12 RB Lee Suggs12.01 QB Eli Manning13.12 WR Brandon Lloyd14.01 PK Olindo Mare 15.12 DEF Seattle16.01 WR Matt Jones17.12 WR Peerless Price18.01 QB Alex Smith I just couldn't resist posting his team.

In a different division in our league (40 teams 4 divisions of 10) a guy picked Vick at the 01.010 spot.I am guilty of picking Freddie Jones in the 19th (19.186) as my 2nd TE (we have to draft 2 TE's). What can I say, I must have missed that email. :wall:

guy in my main $ salary cap league kept no one so he could take Warrick Dunn in the first round. Ahman and Tiki went undrafted. His keepers used to be - Daunte and Moss. He will never live this down.
why?

In our $100 auction Dynasty league, a 49er fan took Arnez Battle for $5. That's especially hideous when you consider that Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards were both available!Worst of all, one guy was left with $40 at the end of the auction. You read that right: $40. His RBs are pretty weak, and he could have had some good ones.

Check this out, first round of our draft -

1. Tomlinson (no brainer)

2. Manning (solid pick)

3.Edgerrin James (what????)

4. Terrell Owens (huh???)

5. Alexander (great pick, thanks to the idiots at 3 and 4)

6. Culpepper (probably safer than Priest Holmes)

7. Randy Moss (safe pick, by far best WR on the board)

8. Priest (how did he last this long)

9. McNabb (safe pick)

10. McGahee (not bad)

11. Holt (too early, but a good pick)

12. Marvin Harrison(I had him as #2 WR)

Now before you slam the system, each team can only draft one player at a given position until Round 8. The first 7 rounds you have to draft 1 each at qb, rb, wr, k, dl, lb and db. That said, I was shocked that Domanick Davis and McCallister did not go in round 1.
I don't mind any of those picks. Sure they don't follow the concensus, but they're reasonable.

OK - I'll admit it - I'm drinkin the Vick Kool-Aid this year - Most of what I'm reading is he will not improve (i think he does albeit modestly) - I honestly think he can approach 3000/20 - 1000/5 (10 dome games)

:disclaimer:

Vick is ranked 4th in our scoring system for QB's: 1/50 Pa - 6 Pa TD- 1/10 Ru - 8 Ru TD

Took MV 04.04 after McGahee 01.08; Dillon 02.04; CJ 03.08 :excited: and then got Delhomme in 9th

The way I see it Vick throws at least 1-1.5 per week and scats for at least 60-70 and possibly a Ru T

Also got Burleson, Whitten and Dunn after Vick

Let the games begin

:popcorn:
At least? So at the very least, you think Vick will get 960-1120 yards this year? Wow.

i don't know about dumb picks, but some players just keep slipping. I did my draft by phone, all 11 guys in 1 town, me across the country. I got Mike Anderson 8.4 after taking Caddilac in the 7th. I would have thought by now word was out on Mike.Stephen Davis went undrafted although Foster went in round 5!Griese in the 13th

the 8th slot had the two biggest doh! moments in a draft today:1.08: Vick2.08: McNair 10 teams, 1 pt 50 yds pass/20 yds rush/rec. 6 pts all tds. Vinatieri went 4.9 :lol:

First post, thought you guys might like this one. His keepers from last year were Kerry Collins and Corey Dillon, he is the defending champ......1.10: Kurt Warner (only Manning, Culp, Bulger and McNabb off board) 2.01: Antowain Smith (guys like Westbrook, Jordan, Ah Gree still there)3.10: Coles (his top WR)4.01 Aaron Brooks (3 qb's)5.10 Dallas Clark (we dont even start WR's)6.01 Stephan Davis (his RB2)I cant believe this guys won our league last year!

OK - I'll admit it - I'm drinkin the Vick Kool-Aid this year - Most of what I'm reading is he will not improve (i think he does albeit modestly) - I honestly think he can approach 3000/20 - 1000/5 (10 dome games)

:disclaimer:

Vick is ranked 4th in our scoring system for QB's: 1/50 Pa - 6 Pa TD- 1/10 Ru - 8 Ru TD

Took MV 04.04 after McGahee 01.08; Dillon 02.04; CJ 03.08  :excited:   and then got Delhomme in 9th

The way I see it Vick throws at least 1-1.5 per week and scats for at least 60-70 and possibly a Ru T

Also got Burleson, Whitten and Dunn after Vick

Let the games begin

At least? So at the very least, you think Vick will get 960-1120 yards this year? Wow.
jw - clarification I project Vick to get 3000/20 (Pass) - 1000/5 (Rush)

guy in my main $ salary cap league kept no one so he could take Warrick Dunn in the first round.  Ahman and Tiki went undrafted.   His keepers used to be - Daunte and Moss.  He will never live this down.
why?
Yea no kidding, why?Tiki lead the NFL in yards from scrimage last year. He was actually the most productive back in our scoring system.

First round at my draft last night.1.3 Manning1.6 C-Pep1.8 McNabb1.12 K. Collins :confused:

why?
Yea no kidding, why?Tiki lead the NFL in yards from scrimage last year. He was actually the most productive back in our scoring system.
Salary cap league - he costs $30. Cap is $100.

Last edited:
Just finished our draft this afternoon. New guy that was just added to the league drafted this team:

01.12 QB Drew Brees

02.01 TE Tony Gonzalez

03.12 WR Nate Burleson

04.01 WR Muhsin Muhammad

05.12 DEF Pittsburgh

06.01 PK Adam Vinatieri

07.12 RB Jerome Bettis

08.01 TE Daniel Graham

09.12 RB Michael Bennett

10.01 RB Cedric Benson

11.12 RB Lee Suggs

12.01 QB Eli Manning

13.12 WR Brandon Lloyd

14.01 PK Olindo Mare

15.12 DEF Seattle

16.01 WR Matt Jones

17.12 WR Peerless Price

18.01 QB Alex Smith

I just couldn't resist posting his team.
Bad drafitng to the fullest....Reeeeaaaaached ...BUT I will make a bold prediction that this team makes the playoffs.... Why :confused: ??Although Gonzo is his only top tier player, he has a decent amount of talent to put up solid numbers throughout the year, especially if Benson develops into a decent RB2 and Bennet stays healthy...he might have a tough time with RB's in Week 1 though.

A starting lineup of (assuming 1qb/2rb/2wr/te/k/d) should put up solid stats....

QB-Brees

RB-Bennett

RB-Benson/Bettis

WR- Burelson

WR- Muhammad / Lloyd

TE- Gonzalez

K- Vinteri

D- Pitt

Would I want this team HELL NO.... But it would make an interesting study in the Fantasy pundits world.

Check this out, first round of our draft -

1. Tomlinson (no brainer)

2. Manning (solid pick)

3.Edgerrin James (what????)

4. Terrell Owens (huh???)

5.  Alexander (great pick, thanks to the idiots at 3 and 4)

6.  Culpepper (probably safer than Priest Holmes)

7.  Randy Moss (safe pick, by far best WR on the board)

8. Priest (how did he last this long)

9.  McNabb (safe pick)

10.  McGahee (not bad)

11.  Holt (too early, but a good pick)

12.  Marvin Harrison(I had him as #2 WR)

Now before you slam the system, each team can only draft one player at a given position until Round 8.  The first 7 rounds you have to draft 1 each at qb, rb, wr, k, dl, lb and db.  That said, I was shocked that Domanick Davis and McCallister did not go in round 1.
I don't mind any of those picks. Sure they don't follow the concensus, but they're reasonable.
None of them were bad players, I just thought it was surprising where they went. Really it was the Terrell Owens and Edge picks that surprised me for where they were taken. Both of them are good players, I just thought there was better value on the board at the place in the draft they were taken.

Drafted yesterday in my own 10-team league. We had to replace a guy from last year, but the replacement's grandmother was hospitalized Saturday so he couldn't make it. At this point, we had to find someone to replace him with only about 20 hours until the draft. The only guy we could get who was willing to pay the league fees and play on such a short notice had never played FF before, but said he was "really big" into football.at 1.05 he took Rudi Johnson (only players gone at this point were LT, Manning, Alexander, Holmes)2.06 - K. Collins (only QBs gone were Manning and C-Pep)3.05 - C. Willams4.06 - J. Delhomme 5.05 and 6.06 were alright picks but at 7.05 he took Kellen Winslow. :lol:

Auction draft last night. 15 teams, $100 cap. Someone paid $12 for Braylon Edwards. I'm in Michigan, and some of the guys were U-M slappys, so I'm not surprised that someone overpaid for him, but I was shocked at how many guys really seemed to want him. Some guys who were cheaper than Edwards:C. Williams - $11 (me :excited: )R. Brown - $9L. Coles - $10S. Moss - $9C. Chambers - $10E. Kennison - $10D. Mason - $9

dynasty league draft#3 pick- Troy Williamson- to high#4 pick- Mike Williams- need a RB bad#7 pick- F. fason- way to high

We had a local area league last night (Sunday Aug 28). I am leaving off the names to protect the foolish. Some of these teams are newbies.

Team 1

Warrick Dunn at 2.12

Ricky Williams at 4.12

Joe Jurevisius at 6.12

Denver Def at 7.01

Martin Gramatica at 8.12

Ricky Proehl at 9.01

Wayne Chrebet at 10.12

Eddie George at 14.12

Team 2

Culpepper 1.06

Stephen Davis 6.07

Eagles Def 8.07

Garrison Hearst 15.06

Boo Williams 17.06

OK, here are some boneheaded picks made by two of the guys in our league, who happen to be brothers. As background, we start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB. You only get 7 reserve slots.The first guy has picks of:2.03 Reuben Droughns5.12 Derrick Blaylock (doesn't have CMart)17.12 Jesse Chatman And he picks up 2 kickers.Meanwhile, his brother has:2.06 Chris Brown13.09 Koren Robinson14.06 Troy Hambrick15.06 LaVar Arrington (after already taking Ray Lewis at 8.09, and he never selected a DL or DB)Those two guys make our draft hysterical.

Just finished our draft this afternoon. New guy that was just added to the league drafted this team:

01.12 QB Drew Brees

02.01 TE Tony Gonzalez

03.12 WR Nate Burleson

04.01 WR Muhsin Muhammad

05.12 DEF Pittsburgh

06.01 PK Adam Vinatieri

07.12 RB Jerome Bettis

08.01 TE Daniel Graham

09.12 RB Michael Bennett

10.01 RB Cedric Benson

11.12 RB Lee Suggs

12.01 QB Eli Manning

13.12 WR Brandon Lloyd

14.01 PK Olindo Mare

15.12 DEF Seattle

16.01 WR Matt Jones

17.12 WR Peerless Price

18.01 QB Alex Smith

Yeah, he picked Graham a little early.

I think I have the best boneheaded owner.12 team, keeper league, 1 PPR. You can keep any 1 player that you drafted the following year and you can keep up to 2 of the last 2 players you draft. So you can keep up to 3 players, but only 1 is usually a "stud". Good players still available in the first round. Started off ok.. but this owner drafts Baltimore's defense as his 4th player drafted! At this point his team looked like this: McNabb, Barber, Bettis, Holt, Lelie. Lelie and Holt being keepers. He proceeds to draft Randy Macho-man McMichael as his 9th pick, Jacksonville's D (second D taken folks) as his 11th pick. Last 2 picks are potential keepers. Who does he take? Mike Nuggent (as his backup kicker) and CLEVELAND'S DEFENSE. Yep folks, in a start 1 defense where you ONLY get points for TDs, return TDs, sacks and TO (no yardage or points bonus) he takes 1 defense as his 4th pick, Jacksonville's D as his 11th pick and Cleveland's D IN A KEEPER ROUND!! :wall: :wall: I was laughing so hard at his final pick that I didn't even write down the last two picks after him.Forgot to add that we do not HAVE to start a TE when he took McMicheal and that Todd Heap and Witten were still available if he REALLY felt he needed to go TE at that point.

Pittsburgh Defense at 1.05. Most of the other defenses off the board by 2nd round.Big time guppy league.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at how many of these teams you guys are mocking for their "awful" picks are probably going to kick your ####.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

at how many of these teams you guys are mocking for their "awful" picks are probably going to kick your ####.
Really?I got:

Hasselbeck, Brady

Holmes, J. Jones, K. Jones, Anderson, Taylor

Owens, C. Johnson, A. Johnson, R. Williams, J. Smith

Please explain to me how anyone will "kick my ####" with that team?

01.12 QB Drew Brees

02.01 TE Tony Gonzalez

03.12 WR Nate Burleson

04.01 WR Muhsin Muhammad

05.12 DEF Pittsburgh

06.01 PK Adam Vinatieri

07.12 RB Jerome Bettis

08.01 TE Daniel Graham

09.12 RB Michael Bennett

10.01 RB Cedric Benson

11.12 RB Lee Suggs

12.01 QB Eli Manning

13.12 WR Brandon Lloyd

14.01 PK Olindo Mare

15.12 DEF Seattle

16.01 WR Matt Jones

17.12 WR Peerless Price

18.01 QB Alex Smith

Yeah, he picked Graham a little early.
:lol: Exaclty what I was thinking....

Users who are viewing this thread