What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Prison Break thread (1 Viewer)

Hate to be a hater, but...I happened to be flicking around FOX the other day, and caught the two actors playing the brothers discuss their favorite fantasy stars. I'm willing to let slide that they chose Payton Manning and LT (way to go out on a limb, guys), because hey, they are actors, not FF experts and were probably just reading what to say from cue cards.What I took issue with is that they DID look like they were just reading from cue cards. Not only that, but they did so without an iota of emotion, animation, or anything that would remotely engage me into seeing these guys in this show.It was like watching two corpses with animated CGI lips. Honest, I don't think I even saw the "older brother" blink or change expressions. Monotonous voices, deadpan faces, boring delivery. If this is what they are like in real life, it doesn't really pump me up to see these guys act.

Interesting marketing - "hey, don't waste your time watching MNF, watch these guys who really love fantasy football in their new drama!" Riiiight

Hate to be a hater, but...

I happened to be flicking around FOX the other day, and caught the two actors playing the brothers discuss their favorite fantasy stars.

I'm willing to let slide that they chose Payton Manning and LT (way to go out on a limb, guys), because hey, they are actors, not FF experts and were probably just reading what to say from cue cards.

What I took issue with is that they DID look like they were just reading from cue cards. Not only that, but they did so without an iota of emotion, animation, or anything that would remotely engage me into seeing these guys in this show.

It was like watching two corpses with animated CGI lips. Honest, I don't think I even saw the "older brother" blink or change expressions.

Monotonous voices, deadpan faces, boring delivery. If this is what they are like in real life, it doesn't really pump me up to see these guys act.
I think the older brother looks just like that in the previews for this as well. I'll pass since FOX barely ever lets their series finish. If it succeeds, I'll Netflix the first season and catch it next year.

Am I the only one who actually watched this? :ph34r:

I liked it. It's no 24, but it isn't bad.
Enjoyed it for what it was.. Compared to 90% of the Crap on T.V. right now it was worth viewing..

Will catch next weeks episode, but if they continue to show it at 8pm on Monday's nights they will lose 1 viewer after that.

I enjoyed the show. It has its obvious flaws, but I try not to be too harsh a critic and try to just watch TV for the enjoyment value only. As far as going up against MNF, it's not a problem with DVR.And as a footnote....who needs pinky toes anyways?

I saw the second hour. It was pretty good. I'll watch next week.It appears, though, that the show will focus more on who is behind the murder rather than breaking out of jail. From previews, it doesn't look like it will take them all that long to get out.

I saw the second hour. It was pretty good. I'll watch next week.

It appears, though, that the show will focus more on who is behind the murder rather than breaking out of jail. From previews, it doesn't look like it will take them all that long to get out.
The trailers also say something to the effect of, "Escaping is only the beginning"

I saw the second hour. It was pretty good. I'll watch next week.

It appears, though, that the show will focus more on who is behind the murder rather than breaking out of jail. From previews, it doesn't look like it will take them all that long to get out.
From what I've heard, the first season is about the escape and any additional seasons will be about unraveling the conspiracy.

And as a footnote....who needs pinky toes anyways?
They better not somehow explain it away and have him keep his toe.
I'm sure it's all part of his plan. He has to climb some fence to escape, but the holes are too small for his feet... :rolleyes:
:lmao: From what I saw, mainly with the prison fight, he doesn't seem like too much of a tough guy. I don't think he's the type to build that into his plan.

watched 2 minutes of it last nitethe scene where some kid is with his mom at the guidance counselor's/probation officer's office... he pops off something about "that guy at X prison"... the officer tells him she's assigning him to a mentoring program at X prison... the mentor will be :drumroll: his dad.:switchedchannel:too corny for me.

watched 2 minutes of it last nite

the scene where some kid is with his mom at the guidance counselor's/probation officer's office... he pops off something about "that guy at X prison"... the officer tells him she's assigning him to a mentoring program at X prison... the mentor will be :drumroll: his dad.

:switchedchannel:

too corny for me.
oh yeah, dude. i'm with you here. it's freakin awful. my wife watched the first episode and some of the last one. i watched while we ate dinner before i went into the other room to watch "the closer", which is a vastly superior show. all you need to know about "prison break" is that one of the executive producers is brett ratner.

who's brett ratner?i was frantically searching for something better than that Miami v FSU debacle last nite. not happening.thought Prison Break might be a decent option. no chance.

who's brett ratner?

i was frantically searching for something better than that Miami v FSU debacle last nite.  not happening.

thought Prison Break might be a decent option.  no chance.
From IMDB...Josiah's Canon (2006) (in production)

Untitled Brett Ratner Project (2007) (announced)

X-Men 3 (2006) (filming)

"Prison Break" (2005) TV Series (pilot)

After the Sunset (2004)

Red Dragon (2002)

... aka Roter Drache (Germany)

Rush Hour 2 (2001)

The Family Man (2000)

Mariah #1's (1999) (V) (video "Heartbreaker")

Madonna: The Video Collection 93:99 (1999) (V) (video "Beautiful Stranger")

Partners (1999/II) (TV)

"Making the Video" (1999) TV Series (videos "Heartbreaker", "Diddy" and "It's Like That")

Rush Hour (1998)

Money Talks (1997)

Whatever Happened to Mason Reese (1990)

He's a hack with a capital "H". I, too, watched the fugly FSU/Miami game after a bit. It was dramatic, even if it looked awful. I was hoping for a scoreless tie but this was awfully close...

Last edited by a moderator:
oosh

that's not exactly a career worthy of the Walk of Fame.
he's clearly an up and coming director, though, with his "X-Men 3" appointment. Red Dragon wasn't awful and some people actually liked After the Sunset. He's not Michael Bey kind of awful, which is spectacular in its quality, but he's clearly a hack. I bet we see him on an Alan Smithee project before all is said and done.

This show is pretty solid. Anyone watching over football or recording it? I had football on the silent side of PIP last night. Looks like they will be showing the last episode before the new episode every week. Anyone know if this will last or is another show slotted for 8pm once the Fall season starts?At first I thought Fibonacci was tied to both Abruzzi and to the framing of Lincoln, but now Fibonacci seems to just revolve around Abruzzi. Michael needs Abruzzi for the plane and somehow knows where Fibonacci is located under witness protection.

This show is pretty solid. Anyone watching over football or recording it? I had football on the silent side of PIP last night. Looks like they will be showing the last episode before the new episode every week. Anyone know if this will last or is another show slotted for 8pm once the Fall season starts?
Are they going to replay the new episode anytime this week ?
No replays anymore. Kitchen Confidential premieres next Monday. Forgot to tape it, so I guess I'll have to find a torrent.

I'm sure most of you watched MNF but this show gets better each episode. Things are really getting interesting and can't wait until next week. :eek:

I recorded the first episode of this show (2 hour opener) and haven't watched it yet. I want to watch it, but I haven't found the time. I want to watch new episodes, but I'm not sure if I will follow along without seeing the first show that explains all that is happening. Is this show like 24 in that if you miss an episode you can get lost easily on what's happening?

I recorded the first episode of this show (2 hour opener) and haven't watched it yet. I want to watch it, but I haven't found the time. I want to watch new episodes, but I'm not sure if I will follow along without seeing the first show that explains all that is happening.

Is this show like 24 in that if you miss an episode you can get lost easily on what's happening?
Yes, it's a serial like 24. The good news is that Fox won't be showing any new episodes until after the World Series, so you've got a couple weeks to catch up.

I recorded the first episode of this show (2 hour opener) and haven't watched it yet.  I want to watch it, but I haven't found the time.  I want to watch new episodes, but I'm not sure if I will follow along without seeing the first show that explains all that is happening. 

Is this show like 24 in that if you miss an episode you can get lost easily on what's happening?
Yes, it's a serial like 24. The good news is that Fox won't be showing any new episodes until after the World Series, so you've got a couple weeks to catch up.
I think you are incorrect. Monday there is a two hour event per the promos I've seen on Fox during the baseball games. Not sure if both are new episodes or not. This is because the WS starts Saturday night, so Monday will be an off day.

I recorded the first episode of this show (2 hour opener) and haven't watched it yet. I want to watch it, but I haven't found the time. I want to watch new episodes, but I'm not sure if I will follow along without seeing the first show that explains all that is happening.

I think you are incorrect. Monday there is a two hour event per the promos I've seen on Fox during the baseball games. Not sure if both are new episodes or not. This is because the WS starts Saturday night, so Monday will be an off day.
Thanks, you're right. The first show is a repeat, but the second is new. :thumbup:

Finally watched the first 5 episodes of this yesterday...very good start, great characters so far. it's a shame that some people in this thread watched 2 minutes of this show and quickly gave up on it. oh well...

Wow, some jaw dropping moments in this weeks new episode.Anyone not watching this or gave up on a glance is missing some great drama and WTF moments.

Great show and I can hardly stand the suspense. I need to know what happens and I have to wait until Monday to see the next episode so I guess I am gonna have to sit and ponder :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show and I can hardly stand the suspense. I need to know what happens and I have to wait until Monday to see the next episode so I guess I am gonna have to sit and ponder :hot:
THEY ESCAPE!THE SHOW IS CALLED PRISON BREAK!

What do you think is going to happen? :rant:

Great show and I can hardly stand the suspense.  I need to know what happens and I have to wait until Monday to see the next episode so I guess I am gonna have to sit and ponder :hot:
THEY ESCAPE!THE SHOW IS CALLED PRISON BREAK!

What do you think is going to happen? :rant:
obviously you don't watch the show--- :loco:

OK boys! I know they escape, but im talking with the boy and everything. Just keeping me wondering how it is all gonna go down.

OK boys! I know they escape, but im talking with the boy and everything. Just keeping me wondering how it is all gonna go down.
exactly- also like how the evil woman behind it was lied to by the killers.

Users who are viewing this thread