dchipride

Lineup Dominator

357 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has heard the status of lineup dominator being released?

The FBG's are releasing ANOTHER application!! Where do these guys get the time?

If I were a betting man I'd say week 2. But don't quote me on that ;)

Joel

This question only gets asked every 20 posts or so...

Edited by GoBears84

But *when* in week 2?!?!?

;););););)

Actually, at this point, isn't this a somewhat valid question?

Bummer - that's after our waiver wire date Tuesday AM (following the Monday game). Is this going to always be released Friday?Related question: I don't see Top 200 forward on the list of things to be released this week. Is that being replaced with Lineup Dominator? I think Top 200 forward used to be released Tuesday (or it might have been a too late Wednesday).

Bummer - that's after our waiver wire date Tuesday AM (following the Monday game). Is this going to always be released Friday?

Related question: I don't see Top 200 forward on the list of things to be released this week. Is that being replaced with Lineup Dominator? I think Top 200 forward used to be released Tuesday (or it might have been a too late Wednesday).

Actually it shows the release on Thursday AND Friday. I am not sure if Friday is an update for the data or what.

I certainly hope the Lineup dominator includes the info that was included in the Top 200 Forward tables from last year.The Projections, along with the Top 200 Forward tables, were by best tools for setting lineups and making Roster moves.Anxiously waiting...Rich in Amsterdam, Netherlands

I see the Top 200 Forward appeared and I have fed the numbers into the UNIVAC.Thanks Guys!!Can't wait to see the Line-up/Trade dominator (Rosternator?)!Rich in Amsterdam, Netherlands (Home of World Bowl Champion Amsterdam Admirals)

I see the Top 200 Forward appeared and I have fed the numbers into the UNIVAC.

Thanks Guys!!

Can't wait to see the Line-up/Trade dominator (Rosternator?)!

Rich in Amsterdam, Netherlands (Home of World Bowl Champion Amsterdam Admirals)

TODAY SHOULD BE THE DAY!!! :thumbup:

So do I go to bed now and get a good night's rest, or stay up and wait for the release of LD and then play with it for the next 3 hours? Anxiously waiting for this to do all my work for me. :unsure:

So do I go to bed now and get a good night's rest, or stay up and wait for the release of LD and then play with it for the next 3 hours? Anxiously waiting for this to do all my work for me. :unsure:

:cry:

And working well, though I am seeing some players without any projected points for this week. Anquan Boldin for one, also Antonio Gates, Nate Burleson. Maybe it's just my league's scoring system?Great app Bruce! Thanks!!

Ok it is up. Can I ask the easy question?Why do I have to recreate the league all over again? Can this Line up Dominator use what is already created in DD? does not seem to make sense.

Why do I have to recreate the league all over again? Can this Line up Dominator use what is already created in DD? does not seem to make sense.

I don't think you do. I just opened up the DDF file i used for my draft, and it worked.

Why do I have to recreate the league all over again? Can this Line up Dominator use what is already created in DD? does not seem to make sense.

I don't think you do. I just opened up the DDF file i used for my draft, and it worked.

True Dat!

Wow, I don't think I've ever said or typed that....

Will LD be out before, say, 2 pm today? Otherwise, I'm going to be in a pickle because leaving for the weekend about then.As always, all we really need is for the "update weekly projections" to be activated.Thanks!

Edited by Mr. Anonymous

Will LD be out before, say, 2 pm today? Otherwise, I'm going to be in a pickle because leaving for the weekend about then.

As always, all we really need is for the "update weekly projections" to be activated.

Thanks!

It's out now, FYI.

I'm curious...do these projections just carry over from the cheatsheets, or are these different projections entirely?

Will LD be out before, say, 2 pm today? Otherwise, I'm going to be in a pickle because leaving for the weekend about then.

As always, all we really need is for the "update weekly projections" to be activated.

Thanks!

It's out now, FYI.

I'm curious...do these projections just carry over from the cheatsheets, or are these different projections entirely?

Should be the same ones as the projections listed in the weekly content. The advantage is that you get to apply your scoring system to them... and you can look ahead to future weeks.

Thanks!

It's out now, FYI.

Should be the same ones as the projections listed in the weekly content. The advantage is that you get to apply your scoring system to them... and you can look ahead to future weeks.

Good deal. Thank you.

Now, about that armchair QB designation... :lmao:

Hi Bruce,Wish you could find a way to get something to us perhaps on Tuesday but I'm sure you get that all the time. Such an awesome tool is very limited by how late it comes out each week. Most of our WW and trade talk decisions would already be made by then.In any case, I was entered into a bonus league for the fantasy playoffs which has WR/TE UTIL however the LD doesn't seem to be an option for a UTIL that doesn't include RB. Is that a setup feature you can perhaps add at some point?Also ... could you add or explain the best way to see what players currently on waivers would start over who is in my lineup short of adding them and checking?I'm also still getting dupe player problems for guys like JP Losman and Samkon Gado ... and guys like Andrew Walter are not in the DB as I use the tool to track everyone's dynasty teams in certain leagues.Thanks!

Hi Bruce,

Wish you could find a way to get something to us perhaps on Tuesday but I'm sure you get that all the time. Such an awesome tool is very limited by how late it comes out each week. Most of our WW and trade talk decisions would already be made by then.

In any case, I was entered into a bonus league for the fantasy playoffs which has WR/TE UTIL however the LD doesn't seem to be an option for a UTIL that doesn't include RB. Is that a setup feature you can perhaps add at some point?

Also ... could you add or explain the best way to see what players currently on waivers would start over who is in my lineup short of adding them and checking?

I'm also still getting dupe player problems for guys like JP Losman and Samkon Gado ... and guys like Andrew Walter are not in the DB as I use the tool to track everyone's dynasty teams in certain leagues.

Thanks!

for flex WR/TE, if your league doesn't require a TE... then you can just set WR Starters equal to the total number including the flex position, and set TE equal to zero. This way the TEs will be lumped in with the WRs.

To look at the players on the waivers to see their starting numbers for the current week... go to the GameByGame window, and set all of the weekly weights to zero, except for the current week. Set the current week to 1, check the Use Weekly Weights box, and then click the Recalculate button. Then the Player Pool numbers and the Team Data numbers will just be for the current week.

Bruce,I am having trouble getting lineup dominator updates. The latest update I have is version 1.0k..12a. I did the update for week 12 and when I go file to get new weekly projections...a popup comes up that says communications idle..when I hit the update button it reads communications error.So far for week 13 the same thing is happening. I am unable to get any updates for week 13.any suggestions?

Bruce,

I am having trouble getting lineup dominator updates. The latest update I have is version 1.0k..12a. I did the update for week 12 and when I go file to get new weekly projections...a popup comes up that says communications idle..when I hit the update button it reads communications error.

So far for week 13 the same thing is happening. I am unable to get any updates for week 13.

any suggestions?

Try disabling your firewall if you have one.

If that doesn't help... Close the LD, then extract the attached file to your C:\Program Files\LineupDominator subdirectory. Then start the LD back up.

Week13_Data.zip

Thanks BruceLooks like it was the firewall (Norton Internet Security). Everything A-OK now.

Hi Bruce,

Wish you could find a way to get something to us perhaps on Tuesday but I'm sure you get that all the time. Such an awesome tool is very limited by how late it comes out each week. Most of our WW and trade talk decisions would already be made by then.

:goodposting:

:tumbleweed:

LD is the best.But, before midnight (EST) Friday would be good (at a bare minimum). Otherwise, our waiver wire window, which opens after Monday night games, and closes Friday at midnight, will have come and gone without the ability to have used LD at all. And it's awesomeness will just be academic.

Around the 2nd week of the regular season. The 1st week is a short week, and the staff has to change gears from preseason to inseason content.

To clarify, I saw the question for "TD", but want to make sure you were talking about Lineup Dominator "LD". My mind, of course, automatically reads it as "touchdown" which actually makes sense.

Let me know if I'm missing something, thanks!

Edited by cakewitharse

I would like to cast my vote for an earlier release of TD and LD if possible next year (guessing its too late for this year...but if not the sooner the better!). I as well as many have drafted already and the trades have begun in earnest. I am also sure that I am not the only one that would like to use LD for evaluating waiver wire acquisitions in the late pre-season, post draft (DD is OK for this but LD has a couple things up on it for this, imho).

Obviously it cannot be based on Game data this early but can be based on projection data, past performance data, secret formulas, etc.

Part of the problem here is, that week 1 is a short week... and the staff needs time to switch gears from preseason to inseason content.