What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Jones Bandwagon pulling out of the station (1 Viewer)

Marc Levin

Hangs out with Oscar Zeta Acosta
Brandon Jones - WR - TennesseeI know I saw a thread on him a few days ago, but I am alerting everyone to get on the bandwagon now. Go snag him off your WW before it is too late.He's def. still under my main money league's radar, and I'm dropping Keary Colbert for him this week.First three games, second game was his first start, it was versus that great Baltimore pass D in a game where McNair went 19 for 36.Check it:Game/Opponent/Targets/catches/yards/TDs1 PIT 2/2/30 2 BAL 6/2/29 3 STL 9/5/40/1natural progression - and Tennessee faces: IND @HOU CIN @ARI OAK @CLE Until their bye in week 10.Over these last three weeks, he has jumped from to 7% to 16% to 23% of McNair's targets and the kid had an OUTSTANDING preseason - OUTSTANDING.You want this kid - and if you are in a dynasty league and he is somehow still available, jump even faster on him.Get on him now if you can stash him b/c within three weeks he will be out of pocket for you. I predict by the Cincie game it wil be apparent that he is, or nearly is, worth an every week start from the WR3 spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
W/ Bennett, Troupe and Calico all in the mix, I see him having basically reached his potential. I think that he has started to acclimate to the pro game, but I can't see him becoming a #1 in Ten.Edit: Having said that, I just put in a move for him and cut Roddy White.

Would you recommend him in a start 2 WR no flex league? I already have Holt, Fitz ,S.Moss, Kennison, and Lloyd.

Sorry. I started driving this bandwagon in May. No one wanted to ride, kept saying something about some type of cat...a calico or something.

W/ Bennett, Troupe and Calico all in the mix, I see him having basically reached his potential. I think that he has started to acclimate to the pro game, but I can't see him becoming a #1 in Ten.

Edit: Having said that, I just put in a move for him and cut Roddy White.
take Calico OUT of the mix: 4, 2 and 3 targets, and he's still listed as injured - forget Calico. Troupe's seen similar target numbers as Calico.Kinney's seen th emost targets as the third receiver - 6, 2, and 7.

Bennett and Jones will see similar target numbers.

Bennett = 7, 8, 10

9+ targets a week is what you will be seeing going Jones' way from here on out.

Edit - I never called Jones the team's #1 receiver, but I think he very well may develop INTO the #1 receiver in the next year or two. You should be on him like white on rice if you are in a dynasty league.

Sorry. I started driving this bandwagon in May.

No one wanted to ride, kept saying something about some type of cat...a calico or something.
i was with you - go re-read.I did the preseason tennessee team report and was hyping this kid all the way back when he was drafted.

Sorry.  I started driving this bandwagon in May. 

No one wanted to ride, kept saying something about some type of cat...a calico or something.
i was with you - go re-read.I did the preseason tennessee team report and was hyping this kid all the way back when he was drafted.
I know...just wanted to rip on the guys thinking Calico could break out because of his height/speed. :thumbup:

Otis was on him too.

I know...just wanted to rip on the guys thinking Calico could break out because of his height/speed. :thumbup:

Otis was on him too.
Calico may NEVER again have the speed he had as arookie.I always wonder why people get "speed goggled" and "talent goggled" into certain players and they forget that it is a game of FOOTBALL- and the better FOOTBALL PLAYER will always succeed over the more "talented" player who is not as good a football player.

Think like Rudy, not "like Mike"

I was not on the early bandwagon but I suggested him as a WW pickup for week 3 a day or so ago. You can invest a little and I think the potential is there.

Is his potential greater than a Charles Rogers or a Nate Burleson for this year?
Nate Burleson? Probably not - why would you ask about a guy who should have been drafted in the top-20 WRs?

HmmmmIs he the possesion WR or the deep threat ??Also did he snag the starting spot or was Calico injured again ??

Another consideration....unlike the Jets (and others)...Tenessee has a proven and reliable QB2 in Volek. An investment in a Ten WR is somewhat less risky against an injury to McNair.

For those interested:

Discussion on Brandon Jones

Interesting stuff Marc. I just put in a waiver claim for him. Dropping Engram, my number 4.
Hmm - I am keeping Engram, my number 4 in a start-3 - and dropping Colbert, my WR5, and making Jones my WR5 instead.
We only start 2 and carry 4. I have Moss, Branch and T. Taylor. Engram is nice, but I don't see the TD's coming for him.

I've already got too many WR sleepers on my teamKevin CurtisMark ClaytonDo you think he'll outperform either of them? Curtis proved himself when Bruce went out and plays in a much better passing O. Clayton will be moving up on Baltimore's depth chart this week or next...I suppose I could drop Chris Baker for him.

Is his potential greater than a Charles Rogers or a Nate Burleson for this year?
Nate Burleson? Probably not - why would you ask about a guy who should have been drafted in the top-20 WRs?
Only because he is hobbled with the leg. I figured Burleson would be valued more, but with the rising of the other WR in Minny, how valuable will Nate be going forward.For what it is worth, I am impressed with Jones to this point! :thumbup:

Hmmmm

Is he the possesion WR or the deep threat ??

Also did he snag the starting spot or was Calico injured again ??
snagged it - Calico can't get 100% healthy from last year's injury and has nowhere near the speed he had his rooie year - he was 80% or so (by his own assessment) when the season started and he's (calico) NOT improving.Bennett is the downfield threat, Jones is filling Mason's roles - 10 YPR average or so.

I've already got too many WR sleepers on my team

Kevin Curtis

Mark Clayton

Do you think he'll outperform either of them? Curtis proved himself when Bruce went out and plays in a much better passing O.  Clayton will be moving up on Baltimore's depth chart this week or next...

I suppose I could drop Chris Baker for him.
If Baker is a "WR/TE" and not your TE2, do it. I'd prefer Jones over Clayton given Baltimore's passers.I'd prefer Curtis, or have them similarly ranked, while Ike is down - every week that Ike makes a go of it is damaging to Curtis' looks. In the short term, Curtis, in the long term, Jones.

Edit - I LOVE Clayton on dynasty teams - that kid is a helluva playmakah.

never heard of this calico you speak of.I have been hiding Brandon Jones on my roster since he was drafted. Cant wait to use him!

For those interested:

Interesting stuff Marc.  I just put in a waiver claim for him.  Dropping Engram, my number 4.
Hmm - I am keeping Engram, my number 4 in a start-3 - and dropping Colbert, my WR5, and making Jones my WR5 instead.
We only start 2 and carry 4. I have Moss, Branch and T. Taylor. Engram is nice, but I don't see the TD's coming for him.
I like them both equally - Jones and Engram - in your situation. When the Viking receiver situaiton shakes out, you may end up finding that Engram would be a better WR to keep than Taylor - with Williamson, MRob, KRob, and then Burleson returning in a couple weeks, use Taylor now while you can b/c I suspect he will very soon be a sporadic performer at best.

never heard of this calico you speak of.I have been hiding Brandon Jones on my roster since he was drafted. Cant wait to use him!
this may be the week - Tennessee and Indie have had some great passing battles and this is a divisional game where both O's wil be looking to establish dominance in the game.I think THIS is Peyton's break out week - this is the vkind of game that reminds me of that TB game last year. I think this one will be an offensive explosion for both teams - the Titans KNOW the Colts defense (of course, so did the Jags).

Ive got him in SHUD. Broke him out last week with Roy Williams on bye. Can't complain. :thumbup:

For those interested:

Interesting stuff Marc. I just put in a waiver claim for him. Dropping Engram, my number 4.
I like them both equally - Jones and Engram - in your situation. When the Viking receiver situaiton shakes out, you may end up finding that Engram would be a better WR to keep than Taylor - with Williamson, MRob, KRob, and then Burleson returning in a couple weeks, use Taylor now while you can b/c I suspect he will very soon be a sporadic performer at best.
I took a step back and took a deep breath. That's a great point Marc. Engram is steady 7 - 10 points a week in my league. My team is in first place, points leader too. I really don't need the boom or bust guy right now, probably steady would be best. I retracted my claim.....for now. My league won't know him until he gets the 100yd 1TD game, I'll keep a close watch on him. Again, thanks for the info.

For those interested:

You're dropping Bobby Engram for Brandon Jones? :confused: I picked up Jones just before Sunday's games started, but I wouldn't have dropped a WR like Engram in order to do it. I think Steve Heiden was who I cut loose.

Drafted him in the seventh round of a keep 12 10-man league. Only one guy in the room knew who he was. With Battle limping around this week, Im gonna plug him in and hope for a shootout.

Good info here. Was debating whether to put in a claim for BJones this week, he's been on my radar, after reading this I think I might send Dayne back into the unemployment line in favor of BJ. :)

I am dropping Crumpler for him in a no TE required league.

I am happy that I was able to get him late in all my rookie drafts. I'm looking forward to next year with him. I wouldn't expect him to get more than a few tds this year though.

I haven't seen the past two games with Brandon Jones. What is his potential in the next few years vs. other young receivers like Michael Jenkins? I think the QB play is better in Tennessee. Is it better to be a #1 on a running team like ATL or a #2 on a passing team like TENN?

I picked him up in 4 out of 6 leagues before last weekend and started him twice. The TD made me look brilliant. I confess to being a Calico supporter until I saw Jones get the start and the targets in week 2.

Picked him up before week 3 in 1 keeper league then dropped him before the game. Just picked him up again for good this time.trying to trade for him in 1 dynasty league right now.

I'd be curious how you feel where he will rank at end of season compared to some of the other WR40+ guys like:Travis TaylorJoey GallowayArnaz BattleMichael JenkinsKevin Curtis

I am happy that I was able to get him late in all my rookie drafts. I'm looking forward to next year with him. I wouldn't expect him to get more than a few tds this year though.
Got him late in my draft as well. It also led to one of those moments only us FBGs experience when we've pulled the wool over the eyes of our draft bretheren:"Brandon Jones? What team does he play for? Who's that? What position?"

And that was from at least HALF the room.

Ahh... as Tom Petty says... "It's good to FBG... If just for a while..."

:thumbup:

Got him late in my draft as well. It also led to one of those moments only us FBGs experience when we've pulled the wool over the eyes of our draft bretheren:"Brandon Jones? What team does he play for? Who's that? What position?"

Got the same response when I took Gates last year. Considering he was probably taken in the last 2-3 rounds, if at all, in most leagues, Gates '04 has to be the best value pick in fantasy history.

Picked him up before week 3 in 1 keeper league then dropped him before the game. Just picked him up again for good this time.

trying to trade for him in 1 dynasty league right now.
Well, maybe a trade won't happen. The guy countered my offer asking for Drew Bennett in return for Chris Perry & B. Jones.

I'd be curious how you feel where he will rank at end of season compared to some of the other WR40+ guys like:

Travis Taylor

Joey Galloway

Arnaz Battle

Michael Jenkins

Kevin Curtis
My order, EOY:Galloway

Battle

B. Jones

Jenkins

Taylor

Curtis

Unless Ike is gone for more than 4 or 5 weeks, which I don't think wil happen.

Got the same response when I took Gates last year. Considering he was probably taken in the last 2-3 rounds, if at all, in most leagues, Gates '04 has to be the best value pick in fantasy history.
Not in ANY of my leagues from August forward was he available last two rounds. he was a 10th round pick for a while and right before the season started he had climnbed to the 9th or 10th TE off the board.

Users who are viewing this thread