What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houshmandzadeh Injury Watch (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
From RotoWorld:T.J. Houshmandzadeh, questionable again with a hand injury, missed Bengals practice Wednesday.He thinks he'll play, but he said the same thing last week. We love either Housh or Chris Henry this weekend against the Titans, depending on if Housh starts. Oct. 12 - 4:04 pm etSource: Bengals.com

Even if Housh starts, I like Henry again this week. He gets TD opportunities every week. If not for penalties, he would have something like 4 or 5 TDs right now...Im starting him this week along with Palmer and CJ.BRONG!

All this Henry hype has me wanting to deal Chambers straight up for him. I own Housh as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this Henry hype has me wanting to deal Chambers straight up for him. I own Housh as well.
I wouldnt give up Chambers for Henry.Henry doesnt get alot of looks, but he gets quality looks. He is still option #3 is the passing game after CJ and TJ, while Chambers gets tons of looks every week.

Henry is a great WW addition 5 weeks into the season, but I wouldnt shoot him into Chambers territory yet. Im starting him this week cause Furgeson is on a bye, and Stallworth is Stallworth.

I'm looking forward to starting Henry this week. He has the potential for a multi-td game as he has basically found the endzone in every game he has played (a couple called back)....Hopefully TJ won't rush back on the field.

TJ's also had either a TD or a TD called back in every single game he's player. I think it's safe to say regardless of the name in there, the two starting Cinci WRs are great starts and even Henry at 3 makes a decent play in deeper leagues.

From RotoWorld:

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, questionable again with a hand injury, missed Bengals practice Wednesday.

He thinks he'll play, but he said the same thing last week. We love either Housh or Chris Henry this weekend against the Titans, depending on if Housh starts. Oct. 12 - 4:04 pm et

Source: Bengals.com
That's an incomplete report IMO(and I do like rotoworld....just an oops)He had a cast on last week. If I say to you "TJ had a cast on during practice but may play" would you think he'd play? The cast is so vital to the report, curious omission.

I don't know what the case is this week in practice. I don't get cracking on FF research til this afternoon usually. I'd PM a few of the FBG blogger folks or go to Bengals.com or Cincinnati.com/bengals and look if I were you.

Sorry can't be of more help. Felt I had to mention the cast though

I wouldnt give up Chambers for Henry.Henry doesnt get alot of looks, but he gets quality looks. He is still option #3 is the passing game after CJ and TJ, while Chambers gets tons of looks every week.

Henry is a great WW addition 5 weeks into the season, but I wouldnt shoot him into Chambers territory yet. Im starting him this week cause Furgeson is on a bye, and Stallworth is Stallworth.
I agree completely. I still like Chambers overall, but I am going to start Henry over Chambers this week. Chambers plays the Bucs and it is a TD heavy league, so the number of looks isn't quite as important as the quality of looks in this league. :thumbup:

From RotoWorld:

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, questionable again with a hand injury, missed Bengals practice Wednesday.

He thinks he'll play, but he said the same thing last week. We love either Housh or Chris Henry this weekend against the Titans, depending on if Housh starts. Oct. 12 - 4:04 pm et

That's an incomplete report IMO(and I do like rotoworld....just an oops)He had a cast on last week. If I say to you "TJ had a cast on during practice but may play" would you think he'd play? The cast is so vital to the report, curious omission.

I don't know what the case is this week in practice. I don't get cracking on FF research til this afternoon usually. I'd PM a few of the FBG blogger folks or go to Bengals.com or Cincinnati.com/bengals and look if I were you.

Local radio in Cincy is basically reporting the same thing. He missed practice Wed but "thinks he'll play this Sunday". :shrug:

From RotoWorld:

Local radio in Cincy is basically reporting the same thing. He missed practice Wed but "thinks he'll play this Sunday". :shrug:
maybe he'll go out there with a hurt hand and drop a couple balls, and Henry will steal the #2 spot :hophead:

not sure if this has been posted:

T.J. could miss 2nd straight By Kevin GoheenPost staff reporterANDY LYONS/Getty ImagesT.J. Houshmandzadeh's last game action for the Bengals came Oct. 2 against the Houston Texans. He was injured in that game and has not played since.T.J. Houshmandzadeh's bruised right hand might be more serious than first believed, and he could miss his second straight game Sunday at Tennessee.The Bengals wide receiver injured the hand in the fourth quarter of a 16-10 win over Houston Oct. 2 and sat out Sunday night's 23-20 loss at Jacksonville. Houshmandzadeh is listed as questionable on the daily injury report and did not practice Wednesday. A source with the team said Houshmandzadeh did not get a favorable checkup from the doctor this week and that his prospects for playing don't look good.Kelley Washington and Kevin Walter played in place of Houshmandzadeh and caught a combined five passes for 47 yards. Walter was called for two false starts and an illegal crackback block. One of the false starts wiped out what could have been a 42-yard touchdown pass from Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson in the third quarter."I've got to stay poised more," said Walter, who has eight catches for 70 yards this season. "The jumping and flinching didn't help anything. I'm still very disappointed with it but it's easy to fix. I've got to go out there stay more poised. I got antsy and that's what happens when you get antsy."As far as TJ not playing, last week we had to come in and try to get the job done, execute and with this week it's the same game plan. Hopefully TJ will be ready to go but if not, and we get the opportunity, then it will be the same thing."

From RotoWorld:

Shuke I didn't realize you were a Cincy guy.Heard the same thing on the way in.

"If things continue to progress, I don't see any reason I won't play". Only thing I didn't like is that he somewhat said it was a coaches decision. It wasn't a Yes I'm going to play, but more of a I'll be ready but it's up to the coaches.

Can anyone verify that ESPN Radio announced this?(I found this post a few minutes ago in a forum on bengalszone.com):"ESPN Radio just announced that the Bengals have determined TJ's hand injury is more serious thasn initially believed and he's likely to miss the Titan game. The reports stated that the Bengals still claimed there was no break...just a very serious bruise."

Can anyone verify that ESPN Radio announced this?

(I found this post a few minutes ago in a forum on bengalszone.com):

"ESPN Radio just announced that the Bengals have determined TJ's hand injury is more serious thasn initially believed and he's likely to miss the Titan game. The reports stated that the Bengals still claimed there was no break...just a very serious bruise."
I've been listening to ESPN for the last two hours. Dan Patrick show is on now. All they are talking about is that friggin umpire call in that baseball game last night.

with that avatar, you'd make that move?return to a power runnin ggame just means that he "other" receivers in Miami get diddly - Chambers wil still have a lot of looks in the passing game in Miami - more than henry will in Cincie.

Someone sang it, now read it and live it - don't believe the hype. As good as the Cincie Bengals passing game is right now, their third receiver doesn't top the #1 in Miami.

(that said, I am adding, and playing, Henry this week since my other WR options are injured (DJax, Engram) or on bye (Driver))

Whoop, just heard it on ESPN radio. Pretty much exactly what you posted. "More serious than originally thought".Dang it. :wall:

"If things continue to progress, I don't see any reason I won't play". Only thing I didn't like is that he somewhat said it was a coaches decision. It wasn't a Yes I'm going to play, but more of a I'll be ready but it's up to the coaches.
What was he supposed to say? All players are supposed to say to the public they are ready to play - I never trust injured players' public assessments of their own likelihood of playing - their own health, sure, but not whether they will play. That's a team decision and I only trust the team's comments on that issue.That said, injured/bruised hand, whether or not he plays, he probably sees fewer passes his way this week, and I doubt the team wants to risk him dropping passes in the game.

From Thursday's Cin Post

"T.J. Houshmandzadeh's bruised right hand might be more serious than first believed, and he could miss his second straight game Sunday at Tennessee."

"A source with the team said Houshmandzadeh did not get a favorable checkup from the doctor this week and that his prospects for playing don't look good."

No mention of Thursday's practice.

Link

The real question is "IF" TJ is out will Washington start like last week or will Henry get the nod. Everyone is talking about Henry like he was the starter last week but he wasn't. He had 1 catch and like 3 targets going into the 4th quater then got two long ones towards the end.

The real question is "IF" TJ is out will Washington start like last week or will Henry get the nod
According to the most recent FBG depth charts, Henry is the starter.According to NFL.com, Washington sits directly below Housh on the depth chart.

The real question is "IF" TJ is out will Washington start like last week or will Henry get the nod
According to the most recent FBG depth charts, Henry is the starter.According to NFL.com, Washington sits directly below Housh on the depth chart.
That's what they said last week too and Henry was still the #3 WR behind Washington. If Henry started I think his numbers would have been through the roof! Everytime Henry was in Palmer was looking his way.

The real question is "IF" TJ is out will Washington start like last week or will Henry get the nod. Everyone is talking about Henry like he was the starter last week but he wasn't. He had 1 catch and like 3 targets going into the 4th quater then got two long ones towards the end.
With that said, Washington only had 2 catches last week, and was only activated because Housh was out, after 3 weeks of being inactive.

I am unsure which between Washington and Henry would get the "start" with Housh out, but I am fairly well convinced that it'll be Henry who gets more fantasy points - this week and when Housh returns.Not sure why as I recall Kelly Washington having a pretty good scouting report out of college and he flashed a little bit in his first year. Then he got passed over byHoush into the WR2 rtole across from CJohn and Warrick was the slot guy. Is he just not picking up the NFL game very well?

From RotoWorld:

maybe I worded that poorly, sorry. That's cool for this week if he's not wearing a cast but last week he was. If he's wearing a cast well then...I don't think it should be a surprise if he doesn't play

Washington was my top sleeper this year until I read from a couple sources he has a crappy attitude. I thought he looked good last year and in pre-season and he did play well in college. The Bengals staff just doesn't seem to think he fits their something or something.

FWIW- from xpertsports.com ... no further linkFrom Adam Lasik's Injury Watch:A source with the Bengals told the Cincinnati Post that WR. T.J. Houshmandzadeh did not get a favorable report from a doctor who checked out his bruised hand, and that his chances of playing this week do not look good.

(that said, I am adding, and playing, Henry this week since my other WR options are injured (DJax, Engram) or on bye (Driver))
dang it! got juked on the ww again.

Thanks for the updates on Housh, I'm thinking about claiming Henry and starting him this week to cover byes, especially if TJ is out. Palmer should light up the Tenn defense.

For those who are starting Henry this week in what seems to be a favorable match-up vs the titans... who are you benching in order to play the rook?

For those who are starting Henry this week in what seems to be a favorable match-up vs the titans... who are you benching in order to play the rook?
I'm not decided yet but I have to choose 2 between him, K Curtis and D Branch.Not sure who will make it.

HoushAll of my receivers are getting banged up. I dropped battle to get Henry.

Starting him over Roy Williams this week. Just can't stomach flipping to the Lions game anymore, and Henry's matchup looks great.

Henry over Clayton :missing: , McDonald

Driver and Greg Lewis on bye. Roy Williams cannot be trusted and may not play anyways.Henry, Trav Taylor and Rod the Bod Smith are my guns this week.

Users who are viewing this thread