What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is MNF's obsession with country music? (1 Viewer)

Who actually listens to this crap?
I do...and I love it. :boxing: That and Classic Rock are the ONLY forms of "music" left. This new #### certainly is not very "musical".

I believe, sales wise, it is one of, if not the, most popular genre currently in the United States of America. :nerd:

I believe, sales wise, it is one of, if not the, most popular genre currently in the United States of America.

:nerd:
I remember CBS morning show talking about the looting in NOLA and they said that the only thing left in a wal mart was country music and some hideous clothes. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I believe, sales wise, it is one of, if not the, most popular genre currently in the United States of America.

:nerd:
I remember CBS morning show talking about the looting in NOLA and they said that the only thing left in a wal mart was country music and some hideous clothes. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
This is probably not a road we want to go down here tonight. Could get ugly.

Statistically speaking though I dont think the overlap between country music fans and NFL fans is very big...
I don't know... I think you are really generalizing country music here. Go pick up a Rascal Flatts CD, very enjoyable, got me into the genre.

Statistically speaking though I dont think the overlap between country music fans and NFL fans is very big...
I don't know... I think you are really generalizing country music here. Go pick up a Rascal Flatts CD, very enjoyable, got me into the genre.
This man knows what hes talking about.

You have GOT to be kidding. Have you ever heard of the southern part of the country where 9 NFL teams are located? You know, where watching football is somewhere on the list with going church and listening to country music?

What makes you think that? Football is a just about a religion in Texas...

You have GOT to be kidding. Have you ever heard of the southern part of the country where 9 NFL teams are located? You know, where watching football is somewhere on the list with going church and listening to country music?
Right so statistically speaking 9 of 32 NFL teams are in the South. I'm sure you count Miami which really isnt the South (when considering fans music preferences) . that means 23-24 are not. The majority of 19 teams' fans do not like country:

(such as Nyg, nyj, philly, balt, ne, buffalo, MIAMI , detroit, cleveland, cincy, pittsburgh, oakland, sandiego, seattle, san fran, green bay, minny, denver, zona)

Several are probably a tossup- Indy (maybe?), KC (I guess?), Skins...

Point is most fans as I stated do not prefer country music

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think anyone at ABC fully realizes that hearing the same song with modified lyrics every week gets old after about, oh, three weeks.Oh wait, they've done the same song as the intro for a decade or two. My bad.

Right so statistically speaking 9 of 32 NFL teams are in the South. I'm sure you count Miami which really isnt the South (when considering fans music preferences) . that means 23-24 are not. The majority of 19 teams' fans do not like country:

(such as Nyg, nyj, philly, balt, ne, buffalo, MIAMI , detroit, cleveland, cincy, pittsburgh, oakland, sandiego, seattle, san fran, green bay, minny, denver, zona)

Ah, yeah...I'm sure there are NO country music fans in those cities... :rolleyes:

Where do you get your stats from? Or is this just stereotypes?I'm not going to say that Country Music is the most listened to form of music, but I think we'd find more people opposed to rap or hip-hop or disco or hard rock than country music.

I used to agree with the notion that country music sucked, then I started listening to it when I moved to Kansas. Now I prefer it most of the time, although I still enjoy most genres.

Do you think anyone at ABC fully realizes that hearing the same song with modified lyrics every week gets old after about, oh, three weeks.

Oh wait, they've done the same song as the intro for a decade or two. My bad.
Now this, I agree with. :thumbup: The theme song is different than a highlight show. The theme song should be the same, it's classic, timeless even.

Even though I like McGraw, I change the station if this song comes on the air.

Country music blows. :X Middle age moms are the highest demographic for it. Corny, cliche lyrics and sappy hooks=escapism.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: LMAO @ anyone on a Fantasy football forum using "escapism" as an insult.

Editted for emphasis. In case you missed the irony.

There are definitely lots of country music fans that are NFL fans, not quite as many as Nascar, but a lot. Even so, I don't usually watch the halftime, but I've seen a couple and one time was enough of the same song. Enough already.But, I do like the song and the highlights MUCH BETTER than Jimmy Kimmel.

Country music blows. :X Middle age moms are the highest demographic for it. Corny, cliche lyrics and sappy hooks=escapism.
Sure beats the drugs, sex, violence you hear in most of today's genre's outside of country.I WILL NOT listen to rap or hip-hop...and my kids won't bring it in the house...period. THAT is crap. Sorry if that offends anyone...but it truly sucks.

Where do you get your stats from? Or is this just stereotypes?I'm not going to say that Country Music is the most listened to form of music, but I think we'd find more people opposed to rap or hip-hop or disco or hard rock than country music.

I used to agree with the notion that country music sucked, then I started listening to it when I moved to Kansas. Now I prefer it most of the time, although I still enjoy most genres.
I made generalizations but am probably right about nearly every city on the list... If I was completely uninformed I would not have oput Indy and KC as swing cities. Maybe Cincy could be added to the list as well..

I made generalizations but am probably right about nearly every city on the list... If I was completely uninformed I would not have oput Indy and KC as swing cities. Maybe Cincy could be added to the list as well..
:lmao: BRILLIANT!

Many of the today's most well-written songs, as far as the building blocks of melody, harmony, and rhythm, come from the country genre. You may not dig it, but musically it's solid.I prefer metal :headbang:

Country music blows.  :X   Middle age moms are the highest demographic for it.  Corny, cliche lyrics and sappy hooks=escapism.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: LMAO @ anyone on a Fantasy football forum using "escapism" as an insult.

Editted for emphasis. In case you missed the irony.
I wasn't using it as an insult, I was explaining why its biggest demographic is middle age moms. But it definitely blows. Rap blows too. Mainstream music in general blows...it's all a corporately manufactured accessory aimed at different demos. Indie rock and underground music is the only good music left.

Country music blows.  :X   Middle age moms are the highest demographic for it.  Corny, cliche lyrics and sappy hooks=escapism.
Sure beats the drugs, sex, violence you hear in most of today's genre's outside of country.I WILL NOT listen to rap or hip-hop...and my kids won't bring it in the house...period. THAT is crap. Sorry if that offends anyone...but it truly sucks.
And I'm sure that is based on you listening to a wide range of hip-hop or rap music.Must be a real fun house to grow up in... :rolleyes:

I like how this has been made into a north-south thing. Places you can take off that list: Cincy, Pitt, Denver, MN, GB, AZ. All have sweet country bars and huge followings. Look at tour dates for some of these guys. It's not always...Dallas..OK City...Raliegh...end of tour.

Country music <> speed.Some country music has merit. the big music, nashville music machine (Tim McGraw, for example) is PURE CRAP. make it end. Please.

The reason I think NFL is now kinda sportin Country music is...the Janet Jackson & Justin Timberlake incident.They dont' want another repeat

Country music <> speed.

Some country music has merit. the big music, nashville music machine (Tim McGraw, for example) is PURE CRAP. make it end. Please.
Exactly. THis is just pop junk with southern accents. Would it be any better if it was some terrible pop song they were rewriting the lyrics to each week? Yeah, probably.

...and Twins

Many of the today's most well-written songs, as far as the building blocks of melody, harmony, and rhythm, come from the country genre.  You may not dig it, but musically it's solid.
Oh really?Explain

A lot of the popular country is played on the pop stations. Country crossed over a LONG time ago.

I wish they would bring back the "classic" instrumental opening that MNF had before they started using Hank. That music, and Howard Cosell's voice describing the upcoming matchup, were welcome sounds to my ears as a kid in the '70's.

I think you'd be surprised by Baltimore, too. I don't pay much attention anymore to commercial radio or its ratings (GB satellite radio), but WPOC was one of Baltimore's highest rated stations for years.

I wish they would bring back the "classic" instrumental opening that MNF had before they started using Hank. That music, and Howard Cosell's voice describing the upcoming matchup, were welcome sounds to my ears as a kid in the '70's.
I agree.

I think you'd be surprised by Baltimore, too. I don't pay much attention anymore to commercial radio or its ratings (GB satellite radio), but WPOC was one of Baltimore's highest rated stations for years.
I agree Baltimore has many country fans, but the majority inho are not country fans. It may be close but I saw majority prefers not country.

I agree Baltimore has many country fans, but the majority inho are not country fans. It may be close but I saw majority prefers not country.
"majority prefers not country" is a somewhat misleading statement. It doesn't tell us what the majority DOES prefer. A majority would probably prefer NOT hip hop or NOT rock or NOT gospel etc.Maybe some "Good ole boy" down home country offends less people than other genres would.

And I'm sure that is based on you listening to a wide range of hip-hop or rap music.Must be a real fun house to grow up in... :rolleyes:
Well, actually there genius, I do what all GOOD parents SHOULD do. Everything the kids bring in (music, movies, games) gets checked BY DAD first. If I don't feel it's appropriate, it goes back or gets canned.Now, before you start offering your parental opinions, perhaps you should understand how this works. In this process, I've gotten to listen to my share of decent stuff and crap, not all country/Rock/hip-hop was good/bad per se. BUT, since we started doing this I've also learned to USE THE INTERNET to read lyrics of songs I'd prefer not listen to. Why? Because I don't want to shelter my kids. Oddly enough though, most of the new stuff put out (speaking in terms of albums and especially rap & Hip Hop) has enough of the aformentioned crap on it that my kids will not own them. Will they listen to it outside the house? Yes, sure they will. But I will control what I can and since I've not had any issues with my kids yet, I think my system works darn good.

Does the same apply for certain country artists? Yes, it sure does. I love Hank Jr, but as most fans will tell you, he's not the best role model in terms of his music.

We like Christian Rock, Classic Rock, some Pop, Gospel, Bluegrass, Soft Rock, Hard Rock, but mostly country. I've just been smart enough to filter out the good from the bad.

So, YES, this is based on me listening to a WIDE RANGE of genres. :bye:

I used to like country. Then one day I lost my job so I went out for a beverage. Some jerk ran me off the road on my way home and I totalled my pickup. While in the hospital, my girlfriend left me for my best friend who drives a Camero. I just can't stomache country anymore.

What about basketball's Shick with rap? And besides, with country, at least the NFL knows what they are going to say. With other genres, you would get:"We go down to the :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP: car and find my :BLEEP::BLEEP::BLEEP::BLEEP: ##### :BLEEP::BLEEP::BLEEP::BLEEP: the door"Yea, that would make for a great halftime at the SuperBowl.

Users who are viewing this thread