What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!
EDIT:Here is the list of PC gamers as of now:Cooleyo - CorporationTLEF316 - TLEF316TheEyeDoc - Mad CowHorribleJoe71 - Gamerboy61OuttaTime - SlaXMael5trom - MaelstromPork_Johnson - Nick VermeilDisCoDoc - jonessedGatorShawn - Gator ShawnDucatiBaron - Mark DavisI have had the game since release, but have played sparingly. However, last night, I jumped in for an hour or so and had a great time. The graphics look amazing on my home gaming system. Anyway, I am pretty efficient at FPS games, but I was getting :own3d: all over the place. What are the keys here? Is there a particular class that seems to be better than others? I know there is sort of a rock-paper-scissors that they wanted, but what class tends to dominate more? I would usually end up around the middle of the team in scoring by the end of each round, so not bad since I have not played it in forever, but am wanting to increase my skillz.TIAHere is a list of players and their pages at BF2tracker.com:Gamerboy61Mad CowCorporation#### VermeilSeymour CornDavej626BoltzFan-=|SeF|=-SilentOneCNUTZtlef316MeatJAAMark DavisGator ShawnCunning LinquistgoldenchildCourtjesterMaelstromFBG_Mooks77CocheezeSenor SchmutzigHere is the link for the info on ranks, medals, weapons and so on:BF2 By the Numbers LinkyHere is the info on teamspeak by CNUTZ:

Download Team Speak from http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.phpEnter TS.FRAGHAUS.COM for the server IP.Once you connect you will have to register with the server then you can change channels and go to the BF2 channel. If you have difficulties, register on the forums and post for help.
Current Mod Projects:www.riseofkobol.comforgottenhope.bf1942files.combfapocalypse.combattlegroup42.combrickfield.immortal-forces.netfrontline18.comdesert-conflict.org

Last edited by a moderator:
i play mostly spec ops with the unlocked gun. Im awesome from long/medium range. That gun is great at sniping, and the recoil is low enough to shoot in full auto mode. At short range, the spec op lack of armor hurts, as does the lame bunny hopping and dolphin diving that the game engine allows. Im usually in the top 10-20% of players in the servers i play on. I never use vehicles unless i spawn in a base that i know is about to be overrun. then ill jump in a tank or APCi havent played since AOE 3 came out. Will get back to it at some point

ill jump in a tank or APC

i havent played since AOE 3 came out. Will get back to it at some point
Not to hijack, but what's your review of AOE III?I am deciding between Civ IV and this game.

I haven't heard a lot of positive things about AOE III.

i play mostly spec ops with the unlocked gun. Im awesome from long/medium range. That gun is great at sniping, and the recoil is low enough to shoot in full auto mode.

At short range, the spec op lack of armor hurts, as does the lame bunny hopping and dolphin diving that the game engine allows. Im usually in the top 10-20% of players in the servers i play on. I never use vehicles unless i spawn in a base that i know is about to be overrun. then ill jump in a tank or APC

How do you unlock the weapons? There is 1 additional weapon per class, correct? I know they offer a ton of advantages, so am wondering how long I will have to play to unlock them.Additionally, do you only unlock what you play? For instance, if I do not play Spec Ops, is it impossible to unlock that weapon?

i play mostly spec ops with the unlocked gun. Im awesome from long/medium range. That gun is great at sniping, and the recoil is low enough to shoot in full auto mode.

At short range, the spec op lack of armor hurts, as does the lame bunny hopping and dolphin diving that the game engine allows. Im usually in the top 10-20% of players in the servers i play on. I never use vehicles unless i spawn in a base that i know is about to be overrun. then ill jump in a tank or APC

How do you unlock the weapons? There is 1 additional weapon per class, correct? I know they offer a ton of advantages, so am wondering how long I will have to play to unlock them.Additionally, do you only unlock what you play? For instance, if I do not play Spec Ops, is it impossible to unlock that weapon?
Each class or kit has an unlockable weapon. You can unlock any weapon you want when you achieve the next rankWhen you go from Private to Private First Class you don't get an ulock but going from PFC to Lt Coporal you get to unlock any weapon.

I would recommend unlocking the weapon of the kit that you like to play the most. If you play the Anti Tank kit the unlock DOA shotgun kicks butt at close range.

For information on Kits, Unlocks, Badges, Medals, and Ribbons check this link:

http://ubar.bf2s.com/

My BF2 screen name is Horriblejoe71 and you can check the stats of individual players here:

http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/

You get your choice of an unlock at certain ranks(cant remember the exact ones). Each class has an unlock. Dont overrate the value of the unlocks though. Most of them are fairly well balanced with the stock weapons and are just better suited for certain situations/playstyles. I think the first unlock comes at the second rank you gain. So time depends on how much you are playing and how you are scoring, but it shouldnt take all that long since the patch made ranking up a good bit quicker.The choice of what to unlock is yours whether it is a class you have played alot or not. So you could play only AT for two ranks and still pick the sniper unlock.

As for as playstyle, I havent played alot lately, but I usually bounce between spec-ops/AT/grunt; and I like to grab a tank when they are available. I cant fly to save my life but can do pretty good as a gunner in the helos. I dont play in squads much unless its people I know. Depending on the map, I love to play flag defense. Hardly anyone plays defense in these games so hardly anyone expects a flag to be defended. You can get alot of kills in bunches with some well placed c4 and a nice hiding spot covering a flag.

One thing I forgot to mentoin Mad Cow, make sure you are playing on a ranked server.If you play on unranked server you stats will not accumulate and you will not be able to gain ranks and unlock weapons.On the flip side some of the unranked servers have all of the weapons unlocked and you can play with any one or all of the locked weapons, but your stats will not be recorded and then when you play on ranked servers you will not have access to any of the locked weapons.

Is there any unlockable in particular that is better? I play more AT, Assault, Support and Spec Ops. I hear the sniper rifle is frigging amazing, though.I should be getting my 2nd rank very soon.

I went with the assault unlock as my first. Its alot of knockdown power, but is light on ammo. I kill alot but also die alot so ammo usually isnt an issue for me when Im on assault.I probably play spec ops more then anything else, but I really like the stock spec-ops gun. AT will probably be my next, because I play it alot too. I didnt unlock it first because it seems regardless of what Im firing as an AT I lose alot more one on one gun fights then I win.

thats very cool that you can see anyone's stats like that. I'm a little bit below 1-1 kill to death ratio, which is pretty crappy. I dont play a ton, and always seem to get killed by artillary and choppers(which are pretty much unstoppable if you are a foot soldier) I'm not a great player or anything, but i like the game, and i think im doing ok, considering its my first battlefield game and i dont play 7 hours a day

I can fly the choppers like nobody's business. I learned in Desert Combat and can weave in and out of buildings with keyboard and mouse. I need to hook up on maps with those - i should be able to score a bevy of kills.My username is TheEyeDoc if you ever see it.

I love the game, here's another link check out the strategy guides on the right navigation menu. My username is cooleyo if you want to check out stats.

I played almost exclusively as a Spec Op guy at first, they have good medium to long range weapons, the all powerful C4, and have good running ability. On the downside, they have very little armor. If you want to score a lot of points (and thus gain rank) the medic is a good class IMO. You drop a lot of health for others to pickup, when you hold a health pack, you heal yourself. They have the same machine gun as the Assualt guy, but they don't have the grenade launcher on it. They do carry hand grendades though. The unlock weapon for the medic is a more powerful rifle. You can also bring people back to life.

Let me know if you guys want to invade a server tonight or some time. I'm available after 8:30 Central time.

This game is great. I'm not really good at charging, so I setup ambushes. I go as a grunt (on MEC) or a specforces for US. I'm the one that is always blowing up your art or radar. Tip: Always play on the same server(s). This way you get to know the people there, and their styles.

I love the game, here's another link check out the strategy guides on the right navigation menu. My username is cooleyo if you want to check out stats.

I played almost exclusively as a Spec Op guy at first, they have good medium to long range weapons, the all powerful C4, and have good running ability. On the downside, they have very little armor. If you want to score a lot of points (and thus gain rank) the medic is a good class IMO. You drop a lot of health for others to pickup, when you hold a health pack, you heal yourself. They have the same machine gun as the Assualt guy, but they don't have the grenade launcher on it. They do carry hand grendades though. The unlock weapon for the medic is a more powerful rifle. You can also bring people back to life.

Let me know if you guys want to invade a server tonight or some time. I'm available after 8:30 Central time.
See, that's what we need. A FBG game, even exclusive. Spock did that with BF1942 (I believe we did the DC mod) a while back and that was a blast.

This game is great. I'm not really good at charging, so I setup ambushes. I go as a grunt (on MEC) or a specforces for US. I'm the one that is always blowing up your art or radar.

Tip: Always play on the same server(s). This way you get to know the people there, and their styles.
What do you use to blow up the radar and artillery? I have wondered about that. I once layed into a radar with the tank and it seemed to have no effect.

The key is to get a good aimbot...j/k, I can't stand arses that do that stuff - what kind of ##### has to cheat at game to feel good? Try to find a good server and good people to play with, oh and practice!

This game is great. I'm not really good at charging, so I setup ambushes. I go as a grunt (on MEC) or a specforces for US. I'm the one that is always blowing up your art or radar.

Tip: Always play on the same server(s). This way you get to know the people there, and their styles.
What do you use to blow up the radar and artillery? I have wondered about that. I once layed into a radar with the tank and it seemed to have no effect.
C4 baby! Boom Baby boom!!! Yea, the Spec Forces have five packs of C4. Radar, and art, both take two packs to blow up. The last one I stick on a jeep, helo, or plane and wait for some one to take off. Boom baby boom!I'm in for the FBG game. Also, on the signin screen now, there is a prefix field. You should all add FBG as the clan. This way, if we are on the same servers, we'll see another FBG!

C4 baby! Boom Baby boom!!! Yea, the Spec Forces have five packs of C4. Radar, and art, both take two packs to blow up. The last one I stick on a jeep, helo, or plane and wait for some one to take off. Boom baby boom!I'm in for the FBG game. Also, on the signin screen now, there is a prefix field. You should all add FBG as the clan. This way, if we are on the same servers, we'll see another FBG!
I will add FBG today. :football: Edit - Where do you add it at?

I'm now FBG cooleyo. Here's the IP if anyone is interested: 69.25.20.59
I jump servers a lot to see what's going on. This is addictive, though. Like an MMO, trying to get the next carrot.

I'm now FBG cooleyo.  Here's the IP if anyone is interested:  69.25.20.59
I jump servers a lot to see what's going on. This is addictive, though. Like an MMO, trying to get the next carrot.
I'm going to play right now (IP: 70.86.55.146), anyone interested in setting up a time tonight and picking a server to invade?

Good to see you all playing the Battlefield when I've moved to "Fear" and "Quake 4"! I do love the Battlefield though. My stats are not as good as they should be because I've never been one to take cover. On the unlocks, I would wait on the upgrading the Anti Tank package unless you play mostly on city maps. The shotgun is fun, but completely worthless at a distance. You'll find youself fighting attack soldiers with your pistol. Happy hunting.Edit to add, I'll check back around 7 (EST?) to see if you are all playing. My nickname is The_REAL_PorkJohnson.

Another note, if you aren't joining squads, you need to start. At the very least, it gives you an additional spawn point.

Good to see you all playing the Battlefield when I've moved to "Fear" and "Quake 4"!

I do love the Battlefield though. My stats are not as good as they should be because I've never been one to take cover. On the unlocks, I would wait on the upgrading the Anti Tank package unless you play mostly on city maps. The shotgun is fun, but completely worthless at a distance. You'll find youself fighting attack soldiers with your pistol.

Happy hunting.

Edit to add, I'll check back around 7 (EST?) to see if you are all playing. My nickname is The_REAL_PorkJohnson.
FEAR was a great game (already beat it), I don't play Quake anymore. Battlefield is more fun IMO due to the teamwork aspect. I'll be playing tonight after I get my kids down to bed, so around 8:30 CST.

I might go get BF2 for Xbox later.
FWIW BF2 is PC only. Modern Combat is for the xbox. We're talking PC.I'll check back later guys and see if anyones playing.

MadCow FWIW I love the medic unlock!!!

It owns at medium to long distance on single shot and I regularly out-snipe snipers(yes you can switch between single and full auto).It also is the best kit to rapidly gain points as u get 2 pts for a revive and 1 pt for a heal.

Also the sniper kits are not as accurate as 1942 or Vietnam and most of the time u have to shoot twice for a kill. The M95 is only worth unlocking if you play China or mec alot as the default rifles suck.The fact it can shot through glass is completely worthless.That said the basic M24 is the best sniper rifle.

Here's a list of FBG players with their BF2 IDs. To add the [FBG] tag, do it at the top of the first screen when you sign in. I think you have to do it every time, I have at least.GamerBoy61 - Horriblejoe71Mad Cow - TheEyeDocCorporation - cooleyoSeymour Corn - sos2005Dick Vermeil - The_REAL_PorkJohnson

I might go get BF2 for Xbox later.
FWIW BF2 is PC only. Modern Combat is for the xbox. We're talking PC.I'll check back later guys and see if anyones playing.

MadCow FWIW I love the medic unlock!!!

It owns at medium to long distance on single shot and I regularly out-snipe snipers(yes you can switch between single and full auto).It also is the best kit to rapidly gain points as u get 2 pts for a revive and 1 pt for a heal.

Also the sniper kits are not as accurate as 1942 or Vietnam and most of the time u have to shoot twice for a kill. The M95 is only worth unlocking if you play China or mec alot as the default rifles suck.The fact it can shot through glass is completely worthless.That said the basic M24 is the best sniper rifle.
I absolutely agree with him. As I said earlier, I love the medic unlock and hate the sniper unlock. The engineer unlock is an automatic shotty, which works great in close quarters but has a long reload time.

FWIW - The console versions of BF2 are getting crap reviews - like 7.1. They are not close to the PC.

The engineer unlock is an automatic shotty, which works great in close quarters but has a long reload time.
Yes it does,the AT unlock (DAO) can be sweet but hit detection(game in general not just this weapon) can make it very frustrating.There are times I've hit someone 15 ft away(rare) with no problem.Then there is the other 80% of the time when they can be 5 feet away and no dice :hot: . Gets frustrating,but there is also times you can round a corner and cap 3-4 grunts,so I guess it evens out.Don't know about you,but all of the damn shotguns are too erratic for me! Sad but most of the time I just use the pistol,which IMO, is vastly underused.

Without zooming in I can hit targets 80-100yds away.Zoomed in I can't hit squat.Bad thing is you have to shoot them 4-7 times as pistols don't pack much power! Damn,nuff typing,time to play!!!!!!!

In da house and ready for a game. Anyone know a server address we can use? I'm going to set my contest lineup and then play.

FWIW - The console versions of BF2 are getting crap reviews - like 7.1. They are not close to the PC.
Great, I just bought it! :bag: I haven't been able to play it online because my buddy took my XBOX home instead of his modded one. It's cool to get to play 60+ games whever I want, but it's sucks because I can't play any of them online. :hot:

Jumping in a server 208.51.201.211

Edit: Had a pretty good round. Last kill as a medic right as the round was ending got me the Veteran Medic Combat badge.

Score

Edit: Had a pretty good round. Last kill as a medic right as the round was ending got me the Veteran Medic Combat badge.

Score
I might give it a go a little later if there is room on the server.

Anyone have a favorite map? I have been really liking Wake 2007 with the 1.03 patch, and have really enjoyed Strike at Karkand, as well.

Edit:  Had a pretty good round.  Last kill as a medic right as the round was ending got me the Veteran Medic Combat badge.

Score
When you find a server (make sure it is ranked and has punkbuster turned ON) alt+tab back here and post the IP and I'll join ya. I'll do the same if I jump in a server pretty soon.

Anyone have a favorite map? I have been really liking Wake 2007 with the 1.03 patch, and have really enjoyed Strike at Karkand, as well.
I like the city maps myself (Karakand, Mashtuur). Not a big fan of Wake or Operation Clean sweep. Any map is fine with me though.

Score
When you find a server (make sure it is ranked and has punkbuster turned ON) alt+tab back here and post the IP and I'll join ya. I'll do the same if I jump in a server pretty soon.
Just stay on your server - keep the IP up to date, and I will try to jump on a little later.

Edit:  Had a pretty good round.  Last kill as a medic right as the round was ending got me the Veteran Medic Combat badge.

Score
Just stay on your server - keep the IP up to date, and I will try to jump on a little later.
That's not my server (can't remember their names) but the IP should be static. Drop a post before you enter and I'll jump in to.

Users who are viewing this thread