What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (2 Viewers)

Jumping in a server 208.51.201.211

Edit: Had a pretty good round. Last kill as a medic right as the round was ending got me the Veteran Medic Combat badge.

Score
I might give it a go a little later if there is room on the server.
When you find a server (make sure it is ranked and has punkbuster turned ON) alt+tab back here and post the IP and I'll join ya. I'll do the same if I jump in a server pretty soon.
Just stay on your server - keep the IP up to date, and I will try to jump on a little later.
That's not my server (can't remember their names) but the IP should be static. Drop a post before you enter and I'll jump in to.
Hopeful to get in within 15-20 minutes or so.

Jumping in a server 208.51.201.211

Edit:  Had a pretty good round.  Last kill as a medic right as the round was ending got me the Veteran Medic Combat badge.

Score
I might give it a go a little later if there is room on the server.
When you find a server (make sure it is ranked and has punkbuster turned ON) alt+tab back here and post the IP and I'll join ya. I'll do the same if I jump in a server pretty soon.
Just stay on your server - keep the IP up to date, and I will try to jump on a little later.
That's not my server (can't remember their names) but the IP should be static. Drop a post before you enter and I'll jump in to.
Hopeful to get in within 15-20 minutes or so.
I'm out there right now.

I'm disappointed with BF2 MC for Xbox. It is laggy most of the time on XBL and that pretty much ruins it. And I dont play on SP so I dont know about that.Not enough game types either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Corp - where did you go? I got like 1 or 2 kills on you, I am sure you prolly aced me, as well.There was a #### named real-maton that kept TK'ing us time and again - killed me 3 times and he never got kicked.

I tried playing for a short time at my office today, but inevitably, everytime I logged on, within a few moments of being in the game (from 1 second to 3 minutes) the game completely froze my system, requiring a hard restart. :wall:Gotta try it on my home system to see if it is just that computer, or an account problem.

I tried playing for a short time at my office today, but inevitably, everytime I logged on, within a few moments of being in the game (from 1 second to 3 minutes) the game completely froze my system, requiring a hard restart. :wall:

Gotta try it on my home system to see if it is just that computer, or an account problem.
I'd say likely it's a computer problem, I've played using my account on other systems no problem. I'm out tonight though, just got back from carrying (literally) my 2 kids around the extended neighborhood for trick or treating.

I tried playing for a short time at my office today, but inevitably, everytime I logged on, within a few moments of being in the game (from 1 second to 3 minutes) the game completely froze my system, requiring a hard restart. :wall:

Gotta try it on my home system to see if it is just that computer, or an account problem.
I'd say likely it's a computer problem, I've played using my account on other systems no problem. I'm out tonight though, just got back from carrying (literally) my 2 kids around the extended neighborhood for trick or treating.
Yeah, I did 2+ hours of trick or treating. Now that they have collapsed in bed, I am gonna go a round or 2.The funny thing is that I played on that computer for a few hours on Friday without any problems. Curious that today it is having problems.

Now I will admit that I tried making a copy of the DVD because I am getting sick and tired or carrying the case back and forth, so its not like piracy. I wish they would allow that for those of us that abide by the rules.

I am getting much better in a hurry. Like playing medic a ton. I am a very good helo pilot, which cannot be said for about 90% of players. I am consistently finishing top 10-20% of a server I join.

Anyone going to be storming the beaches this weekend?

im -=|SeF|=-SilentOneI am in a clan from C&C Zero Hour but have over 21K points i think. I just havent played in 2 months... Fixing my internet on my desk top.BTW, Madcow, you might remember me from Everwars which i won. So yeah, when i get into something, i dont lose :hophead:

im -=|SeF|=-SilentOne

I am in a clan from C&C Zero Hour but have over 21K points i think. I just havent played in 2 months... Fixing my internet on my desk top.

BTW, Madcow, you might remember me from Everwars which i won. So yeah, when i get into something, i dont lose :hophead:
I wouldn't forget ya, 1X. However, at only 21K, you are not grand master sergeant of the corps yet, are ya? ;)

Just got promoted to Lance Corp and got my first unlock! :excited:Decided to go with the Medic unlock, since I play with that kit the most. Just kinda fits, you know. Played for a little over an hour this PM and ended up ranked top 3 for my team each map with 16 players per team.

2 things:Does anyone have a link to the new rank promotion levels with the 1.03 patch? Apparently my google skills are just turning up pre-1.03.Anyone buying the expansion due out in 2 weeks? I am liking this game more and more and might just go get the pre-order today.

2 things:

Does anyone have a link to the new rank promotion levels with the 1.03 patch? Apparently my google skills are just turning up pre-1.03.

Anyone buying the expansion due out in 2 weeks? I am liking this game more and more and might just go get the pre-order today.
See my earlier post but here it is again
For information on Kits, Unlocks, Badges, Medals, and Ribbons check this link:

http://ubar.bf2s.com/
How did I miss this thread :wall: I'm out playing most evenings after 9:00 Eastern. I'll add FBG to my handle and check to see if you guys are out there.

You can use ServerSpy to find buddies, I haven't used the new ingame browser to find buddies yet and am not sure how good it works. I have used serverspy and it works pretty good.

Mad Cow if you ever need a chopper gunner let me know, I can't fly one at all but I love gunning. Just don't forget to line me up so I can use the TV guided missles :)

Edit to correct spelling

2 things:

Does anyone have a link to the new rank promotion levels with the 1.03 patch? Apparently my google skills are just turning up pre-1.03.

Anyone buying the expansion due out in 2 weeks? I am liking this game more and more and might just go get the pre-order today.
See my earlier post but here it is again
For information on Kits, Unlocks, Badges, Medals, and Ribbons check this link:

http://ubar.bf2s.com/
How did I miss this thread :wall: I'm out playing most evenings after 9:00 Eastern. I'll add FBG to my handle and check to see if you guys are out there.

You can use ServerSpy to find buddies, I haven't used the new ingame browser to find buddies yet and am not sure how good it works. I have used serverspy and it works pretty good.

Mad Cow if you ever need a chopper gunner let me know, I can't fly one at all but I love gunning. Just don't forget to line me up so I can use the TV guided missles :)

Edit to correct spelling
Nice. I should have my 2nd unlock later today or tomorrow. It will be either Anti-Tank or Spec Ops, which are my 2nd and 3rd used kits. I really like Medic. They are always in demand and can make a ton of points if you are gutsy enough to do it.It is driving me absolutely crazy with people that cannot drive the choppers. Like I said, I am not perfect, but I can skim the water, weave in and out of buildings and trees. I got in a chopper last night and the dude went straight backward off the carrier and into the water. I was like WTF Freaker? Maybe I can see some noob trying the blackhawk, but not the attack chopper. That is just wrong.

They need to have rankings and ratings on chopper piloting.

My experience as a medic is this.Soldier gets killed and calls for Dave the Medic. Dave the Medic runs to soldier.Soldier finishes dying just before he gets there.Bad Guy, that killed Soldier, now proceeds to kill Dave the Medic.Dave the Medic, with medkit in hand as opposed to gun, dies a quick death.The kit is great though for healing yourself after a clash.

My experience as a medic is this.

Soldier gets killed and calls for Dave the Medic.

Dave the Medic runs to soldier.

Soldier finishes dying just before he gets there.

Bad Guy, that killed Soldier, now proceeds to kill Dave the Medic.

Dave the Medic, with medkit in hand as opposed to gun, dies a quick death.

The kit is great though for healing yourself after a clash.
I prefer this:See squad get hit.

Equip my newly unlocked rifle and mow the sum#####es down.

Heal squad.

Revel in the 16 points you just earned to get closer to a new unlockable.

:excited:

Seems to me that the best unlockables are Medic (basically a sniper rifle with auto capabilities), Anti-tank and maybe Spec Ops or Engineer. The rest seem trivial.

Definitely AT is next, followed by one of the others.

I would prefer that as well. Its not like I want to be mowed down like hay...
Oh. I just assumed from NWN, you know . . . :unsure:
As a member of the West side of things, you have no proof of any thieves with Flame Arrows in their backs, or fighters with Fireballed armor. These are just nasty rumors sent by my detractors who didn't like the way the treasure was handled. Thats all you have, rumors.

I am getting pressure from buddies to get this game... does it accomodate the 30 minute at a sitting player???

I am getting pressure from buddies to get this game... does it accomodate the 30 minute at a sitting player???
Only if you have a good internet connection.For example, I have a very light day today at my office, followed by a very busy rest of the week. I have fit about 3 online rounds into the AM and should make the next unlockable before I go home today. :nerd: :bag:

Oh, and I went and reserved the expansion coming out in 2 weeks today. :bag:
yah,, I am on a cable modem..
If you have played any other of the Battlefield series, you will love this one, guaranteed. I played a whole crapload of BF1942 with its expansions and DC mod. Loved it. Was skeptical about BF2, since it just seemed like DC-Remix, but man, it is so much better. Luckily, this is a good TV season for my wife. :devil:

Now about 1500 from the next rank and unlock. I am not too sure aboot the AT weapon. Seems cool, but I had too many non-kills at close range for that sort of weapon.

Mad cow or anybody else gaming tonight?I should be out around 9:00 eastern.If you are post IP here and I will check before starting BF2 Happy Gaming

Mad cow or anybody else gaming tonight?

I should be out around 9:00 eastern.

If you are post IP here and I will check before starting BF2

Happy Gaming
There is about a zero percent chance I will be going in tonight. I hvae several visits I have to make tonight, and then will be watching Amazing Race with the wife.Wednesday is a possibility, though.

What is the IP? I will hop in after my poker tourney tonight...
I'll post it after I start up BF2 sometime after 9:00 EST
Yeah post your IP, I'll be in around 9:30 after I get my kids down to bed. You can also list your username and I'll add it to one of the previous posts listing known FBG BF2 players. MadCow and I have put [FBG] in the prefix section of the account name to make us more easily identifiable to other FBGs. My username is cooleyo. See you later.ETA: Nevermind on adding your name, I see your name in the list as Horriblejoe.

Gamerboy61

Mad Cow

Corporation

**** Vermeil

Seymour Corn

Dang, I am a n00b compared to you guys. However, that does not mean I cannot hold my own. :boxing:

OneTime does not show up at all, and Davej626 has not told us his name.

However,

Davej626

At least he is consistent. :thumbup:
This should be fun, I'm an armor "whore" and you like to play Spec Ops. I will be watching my back for the C4 packs. :boxing: When I get on a server I will set up a squad and call it "FBG".

if you get in the map and happen to spawn on the same team, join my sqad.

Gamerboy61

Mad Cow

Corporation

**** Vermeil

Seymour Corn

Dang, I am a n00b compared to you guys.  However, that does not mean I cannot hold my own. :boxing:

However,

Davej626

This should be fun, I'm an armor "whore" and you like to play Spec Ops. I will be watching my back for the C4 packs. :boxing: When I get on a server I will set up a squad and call it "FBG".

Will do, I'm a medic nowadays so I'll heal ya when you get shot. I've played the engineer some, but it seems hard to come by repair points. How much damage does a vehicle have to have to get a repair point?

Check it - I got the helicopter award at last yesterday.Any suggestions for the next unlock? I am thinking spec ops, but could go assault (I need to play that more, but frankly, since I am trying to advance in rank as fast as possible, medic is helping in a big way).

Gamerboy61

Mad Cow

Corporation

**** Vermeil

Seymour Corn

Dang, I am a n00b compared to you guys. However, that does not mean I cannot hold my own. :boxing:

However,

Davej626

Will do, I'm a medic nowadays so I'll heal ya when you get shot. I've played the engineer some, but it seems hard to come by repair points. How much damage does a vehicle have to have to get a repair point?
Not sure, but if you repair the UAV or arty, that gives it to you.I think a great setup would be spec ops and kill their arty, find a sniping spot and sit back and pick off the engineers coming to help. :ph34r:

Gamerboy61

Mad Cow

Corporation

**** Vermeil

Seymour Corn

However,

Davej626

Not sure, but if you repair the UAV or arty, that gives it to you.I think a great setup would be spec ops and kill their arty, find a sniping spot and sit back and pick off the engineers coming to help. :ph34r:
Better yet is if you have a supply crate close by, blow up the arty, resupply and leave one C4 pack under the artyEngineer runs up to repair,

Click, Click BOOM :ph34r:

Works great.

Okay I'm inIP = 84.244.131.130Screen name = FBG HorribleJoe71Join me in the FBG squad :)

Okay I'm in

IP = 84.244.131.130

Screen name = FBG HorribleJoe71

Join me in the FBG squad

:)
inEdit: You must be on a different port or something. I went to that IP but you weren't in the server.

Edit 2: You switched servers you wily devil.

Okay I'm in

IP = 84.244.131.130

Screen name = FBG HorribleJoe71

Join me in the FBG squad

:)
inEdit: You must be on a different port or something. I went to that IP but you weren't in the server.

Edit 2: You switched servers you wily devil.
Sorry, corp, I'm back at the original IP, had some computer problems

Users who are viewing this thread