What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

My wife gives me crap about it. I then remind her that she was in band and went to band camp (yes insert flute story here :rolleyes: ) and me being a Uber :nerd: puts food on the table.

OK, how is this? I grab my 6600 GT (eVGA) and one of the 7800 GT's and sell them on eBay. Between the 2, I should net $350. I then take the other 7800 GT and throw it in my office PC and turn around and buy the X1900XT for $450. So, for $100, I upgrade 2 systems. :nerd: :clap:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. Please have them either spawn an engineer on the URL to repair the error or immediately drop supplies to said URL.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Yeah, my entire site is hosed. I requested they add 2 applications to my site last night. The problem clearly has to do with those 2 installations. I can't get them to admit it ye though. Good thing this only costs me $4/month.

OK, how is this? I grab my 6600 GT (eVGA) and one of the 7800 GT's and sell them on eBay. Between the 2, I should net $350. I then take the other 7800 GT and throw it in my office PC and turn around and buy the X1900XT for $450. So, for $100, I upgrade 2 systems. :nerd: :clap:
:lmao: :lmao: :nerd:

What happened to the SLI setup?

:lmao: :lmao: :nerd:

What happened to the SLI setup?
Well, the BFG comes back from BFG brand new tomorrow. Then I have a decision to make.

ok, new pet peeve. guys that wont give up tanks, even though they suck

I was just on a server run by some clan called bdb or something of the sort. There was only one guy from the clan on the server. I got to the tank near the backyard(mashtuur) and starting going wild on the power plant. killed like 12 guys and capped the flag before i bought it. I re-spawn at the Backyard, and this clan member is sitting on the spawn point. He gets in as it spawns and leaves without taking a gunner, even though i spammed "hey, i need a ride" like 5 times.

He gets 1 kill and dies. I get a phone call, so i wait at the BY for a while, and sure enough, he spawns and gets in the tank again. this time, im able to get in the gunner seat. He goes off towards the Power plant, passing by 2 enemy vodniks without firing or stopping so i can fire. Then, as we pass the buildings between the 2 points, an entire squad is on our left. I starting letting loose with the 50 cal, but its impossible to hit while you are moving. He takes an AT round in the side, but keeps going never firing a shot. After passing the group, they proceed to nail us in the back with another rocket, and we die.

sure enough, he re-spawns on the tank site. I decide im gonna try to beat him to it this time, but he gets the driver seat again. Again, he proceeds to get us killed within a minute, and i finally give up. I was still the high scorer on the map, he was 2nd. 5 minutes later, with the round winding down, i get kicked for "Excessive team killing" even though i never hurt a soul.

sounds like someone wants his gold medals really badly :thumbdown:

ok, new pet peeve. guys that wont give up tanks, even though they suck

I was just on a server run by some clan called bdb or something of the sort. There was only one guy from the clan on the server. I got to the tank near the backyard(mashtuur) and starting going wild on the power plant. killed like 12 guys and capped the flag before i bought it. I re-spawn at the Backyard, and this clan member is sitting on the spawn point. He gets in as it spawns and leaves without taking a gunner, even though i spammed "hey, i need a ride" like 5 times.

He gets 1 kill and dies. I get a phone call, so i wait at the BY for a while, and sure enough, he spawns and gets in the tank again. this time, im able to get in the gunner seat. He goes off towards the Power plant, passing by 2 enemy vodniks without firing or stopping so i can fire. Then, as we pass the buildings between the 2 points, an entire squad is on our left. I starting letting loose with the 50 cal, but its impossible to hit while you are moving. He takes an AT round in the side, but keeps going never firing a shot. After passing the group, they proceed to nail us in the back with another rocket, and we die.

sure enough, he re-spawns on the tank site. I decide im gonna try to beat him to it this time, but he gets the driver seat again. Again, he proceeds to get us killed within a minute, and i finally give up. I was still the high scorer on the map, he was 2nd. 5 minutes later, with the round winding down, i get kicked for "Excessive team killing" even though i never hurt a soul.

sounds like someone wants his gold medals really badly :thumbdown:
Armor whores :thumbdown: And that other guy was wrong too :D

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.  Please have them either spawn an engineer on the URL to repair the error or immediately drop supplies to said URL.

Yeah, my entire site is hosed. I requested they add 2 applications to my site last night. The problem clearly has to do with those 2 installations. I can't get them to admit it ye though. Good thing this only costs me $4/month.
That sucks. So are they going to fix it or what?

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.  Please have them either spawn an engineer on the URL to repair the error or immediately drop supplies to said URL.

That sucks. So are they going to fix it or what?
I have to wait 24 hours for the installs to time out. Then we'll see

I am hoping to be on for a little bit tonight.
Me too, on my new Innernet connection. Hopefully I have a good ping on FMG.I had fun on Kubra Dam last night.

I might get some more RAM and a new Headset with a more positionable mike. Then Cooleyo doesn't have to listen to me breathe.....You know, what that sound actually is is the mike brushing my beard, the mike is not really positionable so I have to keep turning the ear out so the mike pushes away from my face. Make any sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am gonna stick with my 2 SLI 7800 GT's. BFG got me the other one back today, and so instead of upgrading that card, I am selling the 6600 GT in my office and grabbed this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102688

For a net of about $70, that is a great upgrade.
Nice deal, this is what I have:http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16814102602
Sapphire makes a great card, and they tend to be much cheaper than others, as well. You might see if you can't check the prices on eBay for a used X800GTO and see what you come up with. It might only cost $40 or so to upgrade, and this would be a significant upgrade.In fact, I am seeing that X850XT on eBay selling for MORE than on Newegg. :confused: Oh well, stupid people.

patch 1.21 is out

i think i may have just gotten screwed out of valorious unit ribbon. I got my 45th team point while i was dead and the other team was capping the final flag, ending the match. I didnt get the drum roll in game and the ribbon didnt appear. does the fact that i was dead and didnt spawn again screw me out of the ribbon? seems like this always happens to me.

The BF2 1.21 Patch was released today.

ftp://ftp.fraghaus.com/battlefield2/bf2_p...incremental.exe

BF2 v1.21 Incremental Patch

NOTE: You must already have your BF2 currently patched to v1.2 in order to install the v1.2 to v1.21 incremental patch above. If you have not already patched your BF2 to v1.2 , first download and install the BF2 1.2 Full Patch and then install the BF 1.21 Incremental Patch.

BF2 1.21 Patch Change Log:

* Fixed the Hmmwv with TOW crash on Battlefield 2: Special Forces maps

* Fixed the Battle Recorder crash

* Fixed the screen capture

* Fixed the issue with Pixel Shader 1.4 video cards

* Fixed the issue that caused heat seeking missiles to stick to oil towers

* Fixed the issue that caused heat seaking missiles to ziz-zag

* Reduced the maximum number of claymores that can be dropped to 2

* Fixed the Server Browser filter to enable search by map name

* Fixed the error in Client - Server communication causing sound, animation and other sync issues.

The BF2 1.21 Patch was released today.

ftp://ftp.fraghaus.com/battlefield2/bf2_p...incremental.exe

BF2 v1.21 Incremental Patch

NOTE: You must already have your BF2 currently patched to v1.2 in order to install the v1.2 to v1.21 incremental patch above. If you have not already patched your BF2 to v1.2 , first download and install the BF2 1.2 Full Patch and then install the BF 1.21 Incremental Patch.

BF2 1.21 Patch Change Log:

* Fixed the Hmmwv with TOW crash on Battlefield 2: Special Forces maps

* Fixed the Battle Recorder crash

* Fixed the screen capture

* Fixed the issue with Pixel Shader 1.4 video cards

* Fixed the issue that caused heat seeking missiles to stick to oil towers

* Fixed the issue that caused heat seaking missiles to ziz-zag

* Reduced the maximum number of claymores that can be dropped to 2

* Fixed the Server Browser filter to enable search by map name

* Fixed the error in Client - Server communication causing sound, animation and other sync issues.
Good job :thumbup: I just downloaded one off the torrents, hopefully it's the right one.

The question is, are there servers up and running it yet? I hesitate to install it because if I install and want to play tonight and no one has updated the servers = :wall:

The question is, are there servers up and running it yet? I hesitate to install it because if I install and want to play tonight and no one has updated the servers = :wall:
Yikes - I downloaded it and installed, and then loaded it up to check out the number of servers - 54. 54 that had any open spots. It is gonna be a biyotch to find one for all of us to play with good ping for the next couple of days.

well tonight has been quite screwy

1) was denied valorious unit ribbon even though i made all the reqs. Perhaps it was because i recieved the 45th team point after i was killed and the game ended right after that.

2) got on a post patch server with horrible lag and was unable to use unlocks

3) got awarded the medic combat badge, which i already got, sometime back in august.

the bugs persist, but we have visible UAV that we can shoot at, so its ok

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Sorry man, we all have those kind of nights. I had one a few nights ago when I bowed out, sometimes its the best thing you can do.In other bad news in Gator Shawn world, you lost another American Idol contestant.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Sorry man, we all have those kind of nights. I had one a few nights ago when I bowed out, sometimes its the best thing you can do.In other bad news in Gator Shawn world, you lost another American Idol contestant.
The silver lining is that the second I dropped off, I got an e-mail from godaddy support that they figured out what was wrong with my site. I fixed it and it was back up.What horrible night it was though. I sure hope it was just me and not the patch or something changing what had been semi-working for me.

Did anyone play support last night. My PKM sure seemed less accurate.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
The silver lining is that the second I dropped off, I got an e-mail from godaddy support that they figured out what was wrong with my site. I fixed it and it was back up.What horrible night it was though. I sure hope it was just me and not the patch or something changing what had been semi-working for me.

I played support with PKM and frankly, I never played it before, so I have no comparison, but it did not seem too friendly last night.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I played support and sniper last night. I actually out sniped some snipers with the PKM.With the PKM you have to be:

A: Prone

B: Using the iron sites.

To be effective with the PKM at medium distances use it like a semi-auto rifle.

Fire one round at a time. Bang. . . . . . Bang . . . . . . Bang

It loses accuracy very quickly on full auto or if you are not using the iron sites.

Though at very close range at full auto it rocks, again if your prone and are using the iron sites.

I like to set up ambushes at choke points with the PKM and can easily mow down 3 - 4 baddies as they come piling through a fence or opening. :)

PKM needed a slight nerf. When guys are using it as a counter sniper weapon, you know you have problems.

However, this could be avoided if they would just get rid of insta-prone for supoort guys. No human being on earth can run, drop to prone and fire off a gun like that in less than a second. It needs to be changed in some way.

no playing for me this weekend. Going home and leaving my computer at school

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you guys using the PKM on the new patch? Hopefully they didn't nerf it. I love that gun!
I was, but it could have just been me.Perfect example of my night last night.

See two guys running behind a building. Go to the other side to lay down and get 2 easy kills. I was support wiht PKM. They come running around the side. I hit one and kill him, I hit the other, then before I can get the kill, someone (either Mad Cow or Cooleyo, though I can't blame them) step in front of me and finish them off. Unfortunately, I was firing at the time.

So I got +2 for the kill

Was about to get another +2 for the second kill.

But instead got -2 for team damage.

Net Result of my planned ambush: 0 pts.

My night 4 rounds of that.

Users who are viewing this thread