What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (3 Viewers)

Does the scrolling wheel work left and right too? I thought that might be good for strafing. Some of the scrolling wheels tilt now.
I will be going out today to get a good gaming mouse, I think. That MS 6000 laser looks nice, too.
The G5 is corded and has adjustable weights you can add to it to make it heavier or lighter depending on what you like. It's the highest rated mouse on newegg. You can adjust the DPI sensitivity on the fly but it has less programmable buttons than other mouses.

Does the scrolling wheel work left and right too? I thought that might be good for strafing. Some of the scrolling wheels tilt now.
I will be going out today to get a good gaming mouse, I think. That MS 6000 laser looks nice, too.
The G5 is corded and has adjustable weights you can add to it to make it heavier or lighter depending on what you like. It's the highest rated mouse on newegg. You can adjust the DPI sensitivity on the fly but it has less programmable buttons than other mouses.
I just need either a good mouse or one of those gaming pads like This

I believe you would then surpass Smoo as :nerd: supreme. :P

What? I am ALWAYS hitting the wrong button in the heat of battle.On more than on occasion I hit E instead of W and end up outside the tank dead instead of inside the tank going forward.

It doesn't help that on any given day I use 3 differentlty shaped keyboards.

What? I am ALWAYS hitting the wrong button in the heat of battle.On more than on occasion I hit E instead of W and end up outside the tank dead instead of inside the tank going forward.

It doesn't help that on any given day I use 3 differentlty shaped keyboards.
Ooh, I do hate that. Or worse, when you are going VTOL on the jet, and instead of hitting W to hit the thrusters, you hit E and end up dead on the flight deck.

Ooh, I do hate that. Or worse, when you are going VTOL on the jet, and instead of hitting W to hit the thrusters, you hit E and end up dead on the flight deck.
Check this out!or a smaller version but more cluttered here.

I'm not sure if those wouldn't just make the problem worse though...

This one looks good. Nice distinct buttons. All within reach without moving your wrist...

CyberSnipa

As for the mouse...

This one looks good. Nice distinct buttons. All within reach without moving your wrist...

CyberSnipa

As for the mouse...
Huh?

Ooh, I do hate that.  Or worse, when you are going VTOL on the jet, and instead of hitting W to hit the thrusters, you hit E and end up dead on the flight deck.

CyberSnipa

As for the mouse...
Huh?
I'm just typing my train of thought. It was derailed.

I had actually considered one of those, but that G15 of mine does the job very well. Keys feel very good. I just need a good mouse. I am prolly gonna grab the MX518 later today.

I had actually considered one of those, but that G15 of mine does the job very well. Keys feel very good. I just need a good mouse. I am prolly gonna grab the MX518 later today.
Why not the G5? It's laser and every review I read says it's the best gaming mouse ever made.

Why not the G5? It's laser and every review I read says it's the best gaming mouse ever made.
:moneybag:

I had actually considered one of those, but that G15 of mine does the job very well.  Keys feel very good.  I just need a good mouse.  I am prolly gonna grab the MX518 later today.
Sell some more glasses. I hear Wal-Mart is always looking for part time help.Seriously, is it really that much more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell some more glasses. I hear Wal-Mart is always looking for part time help.Seriously, is it really that much more?
:lol:

Worried about getting TK'd at a crucial moment down?

I bought the mx518 a couple of months ago for bf2.

The variable resolution is awesome for long distance shooting (sniper or any other gun). It also comes in handy for other things. Photoshop or whatever.

Main reason I picked it over the fancy laser one (which has a backup battery. NICE) is I needed the side buttons. I had the had the non-gamer version of the same mx518 already (mx510?) so I had uses and finger-memory for all the buttons.

Only real drawback with the corded mouse is you sometimes feel like you are "pulling" on the mouse, as the cord hangs up a little.

oh.. and you can have up to 5 sensitivity settings that are 'on the fly' just press the buttons above and below the scroll wheel, in game, and it adjusts up or down to those five settings. Defaults with 3 settings.

Worried about getting TK'd at a crucial moment down?
I couldn't play with you if it wasn't ;)

I played some more Smoke Screen today. I think it might be my #1b behing Karkand. Defending that flag in the smoke screen is awesome. Tanks can't see you unless you get too close but you can see them. It's sweet.

Cooleyo, are you planning to get Euro Forces?

<amddude>What's the holdup?!!?!?</amddude>
I feel less than adequate after having a 20 year old berate me for not getting this yet.Is it worth it? I have only spent a few hours playing SFs. I didn't like the maps and the unlocks were OK but not really worth it. Give me some reviews on this and let me know. I'll probably pick it up in awhile, but I hate to buy something I'm not going to play.

BTW, Florida :thumbup: Bama :thumbup:

I feel less than adequate after having a 20 year old berate me for not getting this yet.Is it worth it? I have only spent a few hours playing SFs. I didn't like the maps and the unlocks were OK but not really worth it. Give me some reviews on this and let me know. I'll probably pick it up in awhile, but I hate to buy something I'm not going to play.

dude, it's 10 bucks. Get it, 'cause we are gonna play solely those maps from now on and you will be :tumbleweed:

dude, it's 10 bucks. Get it, 'cause we are gonna play solely those maps from now on and you will be :tumbleweed:
You wouldn't DARE play without me!Would you?

i want to get on tonight, but every time i try i lag to high hell. doesnt look like its gonna happen.
Lag was bad for me last night as well. I'm downloading Euro by the way.
:hifive: You know we love ya, Corp . . . er . . . cooleyo.

I think you need to change your User Name here to cooleyo to avoid the confusion.

Played as Engineer for the first time, well for any length of time anyway. Started laying mines at choke points on Wake and started getting kills out of the blue.

Who knew?

Played as Engineer for the first time, well for any length of time anyway. Started laying mines at choke points on Wake and started getting kills out of the blue.

Who knew?
Engineers can get a lot of kills if they can get reloads. A great 4 mean team would be 1 AT, 1 engineer, 1 support and 1 medic.

I feel less than adequate after having a 20 year old berate me for not getting this yet.
LOL, just tell him to get lost. :boxing: BTW, did I mention there is a mute function in TS? ;)

how well do you think this would handle BF2?

VGN-SZ110/B

http://www.learningcenter.sony.us/assets/C...Z/SZspec_b.html

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

Intel® 945GM

100GB 5400rpm Serial ATA2 with G-Sensor™ Shock Protection

1GB PC2-4200 533MHz DDR2 (Expandable up to 2GB)

667MHz

13.3" WXGA display (1280x800) with XBRITE™ technology3

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (802.11a/b/g)4

Integrated Bluetooth® Technology5

DVD+R Double Layer / DVD±RW Drive6

Hybrid Graphic System: NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7400 with TurboCache™ supporting 128MB7 and Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 128MB dynamically allocated shared (RAM/Video) memory

12.5" x 1.0"-1.5" x 9.3"

4.1 lbs. with standard battery (weight is approximate and may vary)

VGN-SZ110/B

Intel® 945GM

667MHz

Hybrid Graphic System: NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7400 with TurboCache™ supporting 128MB7 and Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 128MB dynamically allocated shared (RAM/Video) memory

12.5" x 1.0"-1.5" x 9.3"

TurboCache cards have done miserably in desktop models. Try to get a NVidia Go 6800 or the like and it would be OK.

VGN-SZ110/B

Intel® 945GM

667MHz

12.5" x 1.0"-1.5" x 9.3"

TurboCache cards have done miserably in desktop models. Try to get a NVidia Go 6800 or the like and it would be OK.
cool thanks, it's a laptop tho... figured the 7400 would be better, since the number was higher?? eh?

VGN-SZ110/B

Intel® 945GM

667MHz

12.5" x 1.0"-1.5" x 9.3"

cool thanks, it's a laptop tho... figured the 7400 would be better, since the number was higher?? eh?
I am not sure. I have a laptop with the 6800 GO card, which is a far better card than that 7400 TC, due to its dedicated memory. The TC cards have very little actual DDR memory on the card - it is all shared. Kills performance. What is the CPU?However, seeing as how that is the 7300 is the desktop version of this and it is about the power of a standard Radeon 9600 from 3 generations ago (not even a Pro or Xt - just a regular 9600), i doubt it would play it at all. Don't let the numbers fool you.

HEREHere's is more info, and it seems a little better, but keep in mind that a 3DMark05 score of 2000 is not very impressive. However, we are talking about mobile video cards, so you have to give and take.

HEREHere's is more info, and it seems a little better, but keep in mind that a 3DMark05 score of 2000 is not very impressive. However, we are talking about mobile video cards, so you have to give and take.
cool thanks, at 4 pounds, I am thinking It should be pretty good.. 600 x 800 res might be sufficient..

I rank the new maps:

1. Operation Smoke Screen

2. Great Wall

99. Taraba Quarry
I don't know - that Quarry map is kinda cool in how it meets only in 2 places. The battles really focused on those areas. It might look totally different playing as MEC, who knows?Once you start to learn the maps, they get a lot more fun, too.

BTW - Did no one else think that new support weapon was the roXors? I mowed down 9 of their guys within 3 minutes with it. I wish it would be a new unlock for support. I would be all over that like flies on poop.

I rank the new maps:

2. Great Wall

99. Taraba Quarry
I don't know - that Quarry map is kinda cool in how it meets only in 2 places. The battles really focused on those areas. It might look totally different playing as MEC, who knows?Once you start to learn the maps, they get a lot more fun, too.

BTW - Did no one else think that new support weapon was the roXors? I mowed down 9 of their guys within 3 minutes with it. I wish it would be a new unlock for support. I would be all over that like flies on poop.
The FAMAs Medic and Assault weapons from EU are cool.I'm in :wub: with the P90. I want to marry it.

I rank the new maps:

2. Great Wall

99. Taraba Quarry

The FAMAs Medic and Assault weapons from EU are cool.I'm in :wub: with the P90. I want to marry it.
LOLYeah, they look cool, but it is all about the fire rate and damage, not to mention deviation with each shot.

I haven't tried the new support weapon yet. I will have to though. It's just so hard to give up my PKM. :wub:

Sorry I just didn't have time to go through all this thread, but I was a huge BF1 fan--I bought all the expansion packs and downloaded all the mods and etc...

I have yet to jump into the BF2 pool simply because I have been spending money elsewhere and I need to desperately upgrade my machine.

I have a P4 2.4 512 with a very out of date video card.

What would be the cheapest way to upgrade so I could play??

I wouldn't try to play with out at least a gig of ram (more would be better). I also know some people that play with GeForce 6600GT cards (are very happy with them) and you can pick one up for about 120-150 I would think. It won't perform like Mad Cows beast of a card but it won't break the bank either. ;)

Sorry I just didn't have time to go through all this thread, but I was a huge BF1 fan--I bought all the expansion packs and downloaded all the mods and etc...

I have yet to jump into the BF2 pool simply because I have been spending money elsewhere and I need to desperately upgrade my machine.

AGP or PCI-Express video card? I am guessing AGP here. What is your video card budget? If we can upgrade you to a gig of RAM and a new card, you will rock on. Let me know this and I will get you a bunch of suggestions.

any suggestions on how to get the armor ribbon. Do you just have to play the bigger, slower paced maps? Ive been trying to get it on karkand, but the games just end too quickly. I just went 32-6(not awesome, but solid) but the rounds just dont last long enough(gotta spend 20 minutes in a tank)

got my veteran medic combat, which is cool. a little more than 600 pts away from first sarge. should get it by tomorrow, if not sooner. most of my friends (drinking buddies) are going away for the weekend, so this will be a weekend of Bf2 and basketball unless something really fun comes up.

For cheapest to be able to play, I am going to go on the assumption that you have 2 256 MB RAM chips and 2 free slots. I will also assume you have an AGP slot. Correct me if I am wrong. This setup will let you play any game out RIGHT NOW:Oh wait, I don't know what type of RAM your computer takes, but either way, figure $35-50 to add another 512 RAM.

As for video card, here are a few options:

ATI X1600 Pro $129

ATI X800 GTO $175

NVidia 6800 GS $219

NVidia 6800 $154

Now, I would rank them from low to high just as priced - lower to higher. I can give you a $300 AGP card that roXor, but that is not what you are asking. If you wanted to know the sweet spot, I would say the X1600 Pro is a good card for the price, but you get a lot of AGP bang for the buck with the X800GTO.

Now, you want to know the irony of it all? If you had a PCI-Express slot, I could tell you about the ATI X850XT for $154, which would outperform the $300 AGP cards, but such is life. Almost enough to want to upgrade the motherboard/CPU, huh?

any suggestions on how to get the armor ribbon. Do you just have to play the bigger, slower paced maps? Ive been trying to get it on karkand, but the games just end too quickly. I just went 32-6(not awesome, but solid) but the rounds just dont last long enough(gotta spend 20 minutes in a tank)

got my veteran medic combat, which is cool. a little more than 600 pts away from first sarge. should get it by tomorrow, if not sooner. most of my friends (drinking buddies) are going away for the weekend, so this will be a weekend of Bf2 and basketball unless something really fun comes up.
Try for armor on Wake or a 64 player Karkand map with low players - like 20-24. I have the armor and all of the medic badges, but that pistol and knife are ones I need to go for.Just passed 10K points last night. Holy crap am I a :nerd:

Armor on 64 player Kubra Dam with 20 - 30 players on it. The match will last forever.I have this one and I was pretty pumped when I got it, its tough to get the 20 minutes in armor to qualify for the ribbon.

For cheapest to be able to play, I am going to go on the assumption that you have 2 256 MB RAM chips and 2 free slots. I will also assume you have an AGP slot. Correct me if I am wrong. This setup will let you play any game out RIGHT NOW:Oh wait, I don't know what type of RAM your computer takes, but either way, figure $35-50 to add another 512 RAM.

ATI X1600 Pro $129

ATI X800 GTO $175

NVidia 6800 GS $219

NVidia 6800 $154

Now, I would rank them from low to high just as priced - lower to higher. I can give you a $300 AGP card that roXor, but that is not what you are asking. If you wanted to know the sweet spot, I would say the X1600 Pro is a good card for the price, but you get a lot of AGP bang for the buck with the X800GTO.

Now, you want to know the irony of it all? If you had a PCI-Express slot, I could tell you about the ATI X850XT for $154, which would outperform the $300 AGP cards, but such is life. Almost enough to want to upgrade the motherboard/CPU, huh?
WOW!! Thanks for all the options. I am at work until 5:00 and so I can't really tell you the exact specs on my RAM situation. I had my system built by a PC company in town, so I don't have the exact specs on the motherboard either right now. But I have the sheet with all that at home.I will post those later--thanks in advance for all your help.

ATI X1600 Pro $129

ATI X800 GTO $175

NVidia 6800 GS $219

NVidia 6800 $154

WOW!! Thanks for all the options. I am at work until 5:00 and so I can't really tell you the exact specs on my RAM situation. I had my system built by a PC company in town, so I don't have the exact specs on the motherboard either right now. But I have the sheet with all that at home.I will post those later--thanks in advance for all your help.
:hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread