Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mad Cow

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread

Um guys. . . :unsure:

Battlefield 2142

Coming Fall 2006.

Meh.

Really? Perhaps.

I am just hoping some of these BF2 mods hit the street soon. Forgotten Hope 2 should be very good. However, a futuristic one actually sounds fun.

It's just that it looks more like Mechwarrior 5 than Battlefield.

I do want to play the BF2 mod about BSG.

Battlefield 2142

Coming Fall 2006.

Meh.

Really? Perhaps.

I am just hoping some of these BF2 mods hit the street soon. Forgotten Hope 2 should be very good. However, a futuristic one actually sounds fun.

It's just that it looks more like Mechwarrior 5 than Battlefield.

I do want to play the BF2 mod about BSG.

The mod scene has been awful lately. HL2, BF2 - meh. The predecessors had great mods fast and furious. Now, nothing.

Battlefield 2142

Coming Fall 2006.

Meh.

Meh too. I used to like the futuristic ones like Unreal, but I'm really out of those now. HL2 was still awesome though.

hl2 was the best single player game i ever played. Graphics, story, action, variety of gameplay. it had the whole package. No big mods out though, which sucks. I gre up on team fortress classic

Battlefield 2142

Coming Fall 2006.

Meh.

Meh too. I used to like the futuristic ones like Unreal, but I'm really out of those now. HL2 was still awesome though.

hl2 was the best single player game i ever played. Graphics, story, action, variety of gameplay. it had the whole package. No big mods out though, which sucks. I gre up on team fortress classic

Team fortress classic rocked. I wouldn't mind playing a capture the flag variant, haven't done that in years.

tfc was very fast paced and arcadey, but it required skill. All that bunny hopping and grenade jumping took practice. The soldier rocket launcher was deadly.

tfc was very fast paced and arcadey, but it required skill. All that bunny hopping and grenade jumping took practice. The soldier rocket launcher was deadly.

Ah yes, I forgot about the rocket jumps. Those were cool.

You guys ever play Tribes? Prior to BF2 that was my only FPS online gaming experience. That game was pretty awesome. I also played Tanarus, which is a arcadey tank game but you play against other people. 4 different kinds of tanks and you can customize them a little bit.

Shawn - how do you use your DPI adjusters? When do you go up vs down, etc? Just trying to figure that out since I have never used something like it before.

Shawn - how do you use your DPI adjusters? When do you go up vs down, etc? Just trying to figure that out since I have never used something like it before.

When I get into a vehicle, I usually max out the DPI. When I zoom into my sights or in a sniper rifle I max out the DPI. You can move the mouse faster AND be more precise. When I am on foot I am usually on the middle or sometimes the lowest DPI. Edited by Gator Shawn

When I get into a vehicle, I usually max out the DPI. When I zoom into my sights or in a sniper rifle I max out the DPI. You can move the mouse faster AND be more precise. When I am on foot I am usually on the middle or sometimes the lowest DPI.

Interesting. I will give it a try.

You guys ever play Tribes? Prior to BF2 that was my only FPS online gaming experience. That game was pretty awesome. I also played Tanarus, which is a arcadey tank game but you play against other people. 4 different kinds of tanks and you can customize them a little bit.

Never played Tribes before. I know it was pretty popular though.

Battlefield 2142

Coming Fall 2006.

Meh.

Wow... Looks pretty fracking hot to me. I loved the last Unreal, but I love the Battlefield gameplay. Looks like the best of both worlds. :thumbup:

anyone down for another official FBG night soon? Maybe we could actually play some city maps this time?

anyone down for another official FBG night soon? Maybe we could actually play some city maps this time?

Yes, any chance for impromptu tomorrow night or saturday night? I'm camping each of the next 3 weekends.

Sorry guys, but I seem to have hooked GS on Oblivion. :lol:

Sorry guys, but I seem to have hooked GS on Oblivion.  :lol:

oblivion is what I play when people arent on TS. Edited by Gator Shawn

Sorry guys, but I seem to have hooked GS on Oblivion. :lol:

oblivion is what I play when people arent on TS.

And when you aren't working? ;)

Sorry guys, but I seem to have hooked GS on Oblivion.  :lol:

oblivion is what I play when people arent on TS.

And when you aren't working? ;)

See, what you fail to understand is that I'm working while I'm playing on many occasions. Especially a single player game like oblivion. It's impossible to play BF2 while I'm working though.

I'll be good to go tomorrow or Saturday night. Someone set us up the bomb!

I havent played in 2 days, been working late. I'm checking a few things then off to bed.

I'll be good to go tomorrow or Saturday night. Someone set us up the bomb!

I havent played in 2 days, been working late. I'm checking a few things then off to bed.

Let's do it!

I'll be on tonight after say 8:45, but once the UF-G'Town game starts I'll be watching that (but I'll probably still be online playing BF2). Then I'll be on in earnest after that game either to enjoy or get misplaced revenge.

Thinking I will go BF2 tonight instead of Oblivion. Who we got on tonight?

We had 5 or 6 on last night for a very short while, lots of interest expressed. I'll be on around 8:30 CST or so. We had a request to play city maps after we got jonesed on those other maps last time. Mark Davis may be in.

Thinking I will go BF2 tonight instead of Oblivion. Who we got on tonight?

It's hard for me to play oblivion when you know people are going to be teaming up on BF2. It will be fun when NWN2 comes out.

Were we playing ranked servers tonight? I guess stats are just a bit slow.

Yeah we were. Congrats on the Gators win.

You guys bailed early. I jumped in later, no one was home, so I went out in Oblivion and found a mine and some sweet armor and a battle axe I can sell for a couple hundred.

You guys bailed early. I jumped in later, no one was home, so I went out in Oblivion and found a mine and some sweet armor and a battle axe I can sell for a couple hundred.

I'm not going to get Oblivion, sell me on NWN2. I never played the first one. I liked Diablo but haven't played much else in this realm. Also, is there a monthly fee involved?

Shawn dumped out to watch the Gator game, and that left me in there with some young guys on TS just yammering the whole time. They make me feel old. I'm actually up for playing a little more, I'm getting on TS if anyone wants to play.

Got my card, memory and BF2 tonight. Probably will stick it all in on Sunday. I need to get back up to speed with playing, since it has been a while since BF, but I hope to join you all soon.

• Like 1

Got my card, memory and BF2 tonight. Probably will stick it all in on Sunday. I need to get back up to speed with playing, since it has been a while since BF, but I hope to join you all soon.

Game play is very similar, you'll pick it up no problem.

I'm not going to get Oblivion, sell me on NWN2. I never played the first one. I liked Diablo but haven't played much else in this realm. Also, is there a monthly fee involved?

No, NWN is basically AD&D but on the PC. NWN was simply incredible. One of my top 5 games of all time. Up there with Rome: Total War and a few others. No monthly fee. You just create a game and others log on and you can play.

:hifive:

You guys bailed early.  I jumped in later, no one was home, so I went out in Oblivion and found a mine and some sweet armor and a battle axe I can sell for a couple hundred.

No, NWN is basically AD&D but on the PC. NWN was simply incredible. One of my top 5 games of all time. Up there with Rome: Total War and a few others. No monthly fee. You just create a game and others log on and you can play.

If you guys are gojng to play NWN2 you should check out Fraghaus when it comes out. BigQEd setup a NWN server for the frist game. I guess it was pretty good.

FragHaus NWN Forum

Get you patches here. ftp://ftp.fraghaus.com/battlefield2/

Okay I am up and running, which if these should use and what should I do with them...
  • Like 1

1.2 full then the 1.21 incremental from a new install.

:hifive:

Anyone gonna be on tonight?

BTW - What time zones we got here? I have a feeling I am one of the only ones out here in the West. (MST)

Okay, I installed those 2--are any of the other ones listed on there necessary??

I don't think I will be able to play with you guys yet in that I didn't buy the Special Forces add on yet.

Do you all use the headset thing?? If so I need to buy one of those too.

I am in Colorado--so I am out west too.

• Like 1

This thing is running really buggy.

The audio is really strange and sounds cracked and like it is in a cave.

When I quit the game, and go to my desktop, the game shuts of okay, but the background song keeps playing even though all the applications are shut down.

Anyone else had any of these problems....

• Like 1

This thing is running really buggy.

The audio is really strange and sounds cracked and like it is in a cave.

When I quit the game, and go to my desktop, the game shuts of okay, but the background song keeps playing even though all the applications are shut down.

Anyone else had any of these problems....

i have. it happened occasionally when i had my old video card. doesnt happen anymore

I solved some of the performance problems by disabling my anti-virus stuff, it really made things go alot faster.

The sound is still stange, it sounds like a old record being played--that kind of scratchy, skipping noise.

I did all the troubleshooting, but will keep at it.

• Like 1

I solved some of the performance problems by disabling my anti-virus stuff, it really made things go alot faster.

The sound is still stange, it sounds like a old record being played--that kind of scratchy, skipping noise.

I did all the troubleshooting, but will keep at it.

make sure you go into audio options and make the sound come from your hardware, not the software. For some reason, my game didnt do that by default.

Don't worry about SF - we almost never play them. The booster pack would be a good thing, though.

So is it a BF2 night or an Oblivion night?

none for me. My network has been lagging all weekend. Not playable.

Im having trouble with the assault class. There just arent any points to be earned. Once i get the veteran badge, i cant see my self playing it anymore. The guns just stink at long distance.