What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (2 Viewers)

You know Shawn is kidding himself if he thinks for a moment that every FBG on tonight wo't be slinging the powange terminology around now.
:rofl:What :own3d: your daughter's arm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my DSL has been down since Friday at 6:30pm when the thunderstorm rolled through. I spoke to a Qwest dood (my guess from India) on Sat and he said there was a equipment issue on Qwest's end. It's back up now but not at full speed. My ping times are horrible. So i probably won't be on today either. I hate Qwest! :rant:

What server do you all play on???
Someone will have to post it here for you unless you have already registered at BF2tracker.com, in which case you can always see who is where.
Okay, I'm having a problem. Maybe you have it solved in page 3 (i hope so). Its with this BFTracker site. I log on, go to the buddys page and see that you are all on X server. I click on one of you and it brings me to your page with a button on the bottom that says "Join Server Now". I click on that button and I get an error that says bf2 is not a registered protocol. WTF is that all about? Thanks!I figure once I can do this, I should be able to get my mic going sooner...

TIA again..

UPDATE: Okay, I found the app launcher and now it launches BF2 from the website. The video settings are changed, and the app launcher only brings you to the main page (where they show the latest news from EA). Thanks!

Someone will have to post it here for you unless you have already registered at BF2tracker.com, in which case you can always see who is where.
Okay, I'm having a problem. Maybe you have it solved in page 3 (i hope so). Its with this BFTracker site. I log on, go to the buddys page and see that you are all on X server. I click on one of you and it brings me to your page with a button on the bottom that says "Join Server Now". I click on that button and I get an error that says bf2 is not a registered protocol. WTF is that all about? Thanks!I figure once I can do this, I should be able to get my mic going sooner...

TIA again..

UPDATE: Okay, I found the app launcher and now it launches BF2 from the website. The video settings are changed, and the app launcher only brings you to the main page (where they show the latest news from EA). Thanks!
You may encounter the same thing I do Dave. Using that app, it loads it in 1280 instead of 1040. Mine usually crashes after a few rounds, so I usually just right the IP down and join it manually from the game.Good luck!

TIA again..

You may encounter the same thing I do Dave. Using that app, it loads it in 1280 instead of 1040. Mine usually crashes after a few rounds, so I usually just right the IP down and join it manually from the game.Good luck!
We really shoudl all download XfireIt shows you who is on, and where they are one, and you can double click on them and it will launch the game to that server.

It has a launcher.ini that you can modify to preserve any resolution settings.

I used it when I was being courted by that MT clan.

I'm going to play tonight late. No school for the kids tomorrow so I can sleep in to 7:30 or so.
Does that mean you are going to start playing late, or you will start early and play late?Regardless, I'm in. I've had a pretty good day with the kill to death ratio, +180 today.

I did a bad thing though. This choad jumped in the APC right before me, we die. Waiting on the respawn, he gets it again, we die quickly again. He beats me to it yet again which really kind of ticked me off, of course he runs over an AT mine and kills us. I criticize his ability out of frustration. Wait for respawn, he says something like "Don't bother getting in this time after I beat you to it again. I ain't taking you nowhere, expletive." I looked down at the cold engineer shotgun in my hands, raise it slowly, and blow his freaking head off. Of course he punishes me and cries for me to get banned (and I probably should have), but I ripped off a 22 kill streak. Very much worth it :thumbup:

I'm going to play tonight late. No school for the kids tomorrow so I can sleep in to 7:30 or so.
Does that mean you are going to start playing late, or you will start early and play late?Regardless, I'm in. I've had a pretty good day with the kill to death ratio, +180 today.

I did a bad thing though. This choad jumped in the APC right before me, we die. Waiting on the respawn, he gets it again, we die quickly again. He beats me to it yet again which really kind of ticked me off, of course he runs over an AT mine and kills us. I criticize his ability out of frustration. Wait for respawn, he says something like "Don't bother getting in this time after I beat you to it again. I ain't taking you nowhere, expletive." I looked down at the cold engineer shotgun in my hands, raise it slowly, and blow his freaking head off. Of course he punishes me and cries for me to get banned (and I probably should have), but I ripped off a 22 kill streak. Very much worth it :thumbup:
im against all deliberate TK'ing, but i can see what made you do that. Ive had a few occasions where i wanted to TK bad armor drivers who wouldnt give it up.

:lol: :bow:

I've been playin LOTS lately. Not getting enough sleep. Ready to join the crew again. I swear the alst time I played with you guys i had no idea what the hell was going on. You guys would say "behind that jeep Fonzie" and I'd be like "what jeep".

Ready for action now. Been playin with guys form work and squadding up wth them. Best games ever when working as a team. Hmmmmmm......

I've been playin LOTS lately. Not getting enough sleep. Ready to join the crew again. I swear the alst time I played with you guys i had no idea what the hell was going on. You guys would say "behind that jeep Fonzie" and I'd be like "what jeep".

Ready for action now. Been playin with guys form work and squadding up wth them. Best games ever when working as a team. Hmmmmmm......
So are you on TS? We were playing the other day and I would say things but you never responded.

So are you on TS? We were playing the other day and I would say things but you never responded.
Yes I am at fraghaus. I don't always launch it before I play.

Yes I am at fraghaus. I don't always launch it before I play.
You should. We are all generally on. If nothing else, you can hear Corp's kids cheer him on.

TIA again..

We really shoudl all download XfireIt shows you who is on, and where they are one, and you can double click on them and it will launch the game to that server.

Alright. We've download and installed Xfire. Now I need another test rat, I mean victim, I mean player to download and install it as well. Then we can try it on the game. Anyone have this installed already other than GS? And I can't find his username on xfire. It must be different than "Gator Shawn".

TIA again..

Alright. We've download and installed Xfire. Now I need another test rat, I mean victim, I mean player to download and install it as well. Then we can try it on the game. Anyone have this installed already other than GS? And I can't find his username on xfire. It must be different than "Gator Shawn".
What's yours I'll add you. I'm gs0811 I think maybe gs_0811

TIA again..

Yea, ole Davej626. Can't find you...email add of dave.orders at gmail :dot: com

TIA again..

Yea, ole Davej626. Can't find you...email add of dave.orders at gmail :dot: com
I requested to add you to my friends list. Cool thing about Xfire is you can browse servers and launch your favorite directly. It's a lot like the web page.

I requested to add you to my friends list. Cool thing about Xfire is you can browse servers and launch your favorite directly. It's a lot like the web page.
Xfire is the way to go. I have been using it for over a year, and its the only way my friends and I play BF2 and other games together. It makes it extremely easy to find servers you have played on recently. When I get done playing, if I liked the server I was on, I add it to my favorites. I never have a problem finding a good server anymore :thumbup:

Thanks Gator. We'll try this out tonight.
Okay, have this figured out now. I've added gator and a couple of others. The trick is the one click join is that you need your BF username and password and they are case sensitive. The first time I tried this, I didn't have the type correct and was only brought to the main screen. After I correct the type, it skips the login screen, goes to the main, and automatically loads the server you want to join. Just skipping these steps makes it worth it to me. All in all, :thumbup:

Okay, have this figured out now. I've added gator and a couple of others. The trick is the one click join is that you need your BF username and password and they are case sensitive. The first time I tried this, I didn't have the type correct and was only brought to the main screen. After I correct the type, it skips the login screen, goes to the main, and automatically loads the server you want to join. Just skipping these steps makes it worth it to me. All in all, :thumbup:
One thing also to speed the game up.You can go into the videos directory and rename some of the videos and create new files with the old video name. Then it will skip playing any of the intro videos. I don't think this tips off punkbuster.

One thing also to speed the game up.You can go into the videos directory and rename some of the videos and create new files with the old video name. Then it will skip playing any of the intro videos. I don't think this tips off punkbuster.
You can delete them if you want. It nixes the DICE and EA movies. I did that within 1 week of starting to play this game. Hate that crap.

Guys, my internet went out Sunday night and is awful now. I hope to be on soon, I'm posting from a friends computer. Those storms that rolled through and killed 20 something people was the culprit, so losing internet is the least of anyone's concerns. Anyway, I hope to be ready tonight.

Congrats to Shawn's Gators!

oooooo! Post of the DAY!!Corp man, stay safe.

oooooo! Post of the DAY!!Corp man, stay safe.
Don't worry about him - he's a medic whore. He can just run around and defibrillate everyone. :thumbup:

reinstalled windows today. Anyone have a good mirror for the full 1.22 patch like 370MB?

Guys, my internet went out Sunday night and is awful now. I hope to be on soon, I'm posting from a friends computer. Those storms that rolled through and killed 20 something people was the culprit, so losing internet is the least of anyone's concerns. Anyway, I hope to be ready tonight.

Congrats to Shawn's Gators!
Thanks man. I didn't have much to do with that flawless victory though. But on their behalf, I thank you.

going in now

edit: or not. The lovely school network has decided to bless me with unplayable lag

Am I theo nly one thinking about buying a separate copy of the game with this deal? :nerd: One for home, one for "work".
It's a good deal no doubt, but I can't play from work anyway. Shawn and I destroyed this punk named IRA Concentric last night, pretty fun. Shawn had a great kill ratio something like 24 - 6. I'll be on again tonight after I watch Lost on the DVR, probably around 9:45 CDT.

Am I theo nly one thinking about buying a separate copy of the game with this deal? :nerd: One for home, one for "work".
It's a good deal no doubt, but I can't play from work anyway. Shawn and I destroyed this punk named IRA Concentric last night, pretty fun. Shawn had a great kill ratio something like 24 - 6. I'll be on again tonight after I watch Lost on the DVR, probably around 9:45 CDT.
I was 21-19 after you left. :( Our side got owned. I think I had like 12 kills in an AA missle site.

I did have two AWESOME moments in that round.

1. I was at the one place on Dragon Valley where the AA and APC spawn with the map inside the walled courtyard. A Blackhawk came over the hill from the Carrier and turned sideways and started firing on me. I ducked behind the wall. For about 3 minutes he flew around trying to get angles on me. I was a medic, I got hit a few times but managed to heal. Finally, he came down low to get me or drop someone off to get me, but at that same moment, the AA vehicle spawned, I jumped in and gunned that Black hawk down. Killed the pilot and a gunner.

2. Second situation. I was down at the docks base and there was a Cobra ravaging that base. There were 3 FAVs and a HMMVW empty there. I moved from Vehicle to vehicle taking short bursts at the Cobra then moving the vehicle out of the line of fire then sprinting to the next vehicle. I finally managed to get the kill as he was trying to fly off and repair. Unfortunately, another Cobra showed up at the same time and nailed me.

I ended up with the highest score by far on the China side, but well out of the medal count.

I am gonna make a run for BB if I can work it later today. If not, tomorrow.
Dude, with the amount of games you buy, when you walk into BB, do they yell "Mad Cow" like Norm on Cheers? :D

That was pretty fun last night. Nothing like pVVning a team 230-0. :lol:

Sorry I cut out of TS, but my wife came home from her girls' night and wanted to talk, so I was like uh huh, while I was trying to man the tanks in that last Dragon Valley.

:thumbup:

Wow, what a blow out. Did it last like 4 minutes?

BTW, having alot of fun with Oblivion. I wish I would have started it sooner.

Wow, what a blow out. Did it last like 4 minutes?

BTW, having alot of fun with Oblivion. I wish I would have started it sooner.
Actually, it lasted at least 10-15 minutes. It was Dragon Valley, and it ended up with all of our choppers, jets and armor on the docks base raping the carrier, I think. We won matches of about 100-0 all night long. :boxing:

Had a good night lat night for me - 5 matches, 5-0, 219 points scored and 80 kills to only 51 deaths. That is nice. :thumbup:

Going in for a spot.

Users who are viewing this thread