What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

Oh I'm in tonight. We've been playing the GNYSO server a lot lately, it's a good server (I think). I'm up for any server though.

Hey Guys!

I'm into playing BF2 myself.  I tried to catch myself up on this thread (I think I got past the first 3 or 4 pages), but it's just too much.  If you don't mind, I'd like to offer my inputs and start participating in this thread more often.  I'm sure I'll probably repeat some thiings that have been said before, so bear with me.

My BF2 ID is "sgt.cramer" and when I play, I'm normally online M-Th from 6pm-10pm (PST) and when I get a chance to play on the weekends I'm on all night.  I generally play the EA US servers as I don't trust those servers created by other people.

From what I gathered, you guys are a good group of players and I think it would be fun to join you sometime.

And just to add to the above list:  If I'm a Spec Ops and grab a tank/apc, I like to strap some C4 onto it before I enter just incase I need to hop out for a sec and an enemy hijacks it.
Welcome, :thumbup: I added you to my buddies list. For a better game play experience join the Fraghouse Teamspeak server. Most of us use this teamspeak server when we are playing BF2.

See earlier posts by Cnutz for details on how to log on. :)
Thanks!I should be able to take care of this tonight. Is anyone going to be on tonight?

So how does it work? You guys set a specific time to play and join an empty server? Or do you just kind of find eachother by checking buddy lists?

As I said earlier, I mostly play the EA US servers cuz I don't trust any of the other ones (I've seen way too many BF2 vids with cheating). Which do you guys generally play?
Doesa bear #### in the woods?Unless I'm camping, I'm spawn camping!!!!
To each his own... Although I did play one game where we had all the flags captured and all we could do was rape their base like there was no tomorrow. We must have had 2 tanks and 2 apc's just cruising around on their airfield. Their team went from 16 players down to 4 and I ended up leaving that server.

How to get on Teamspeak:

1) Download the Teamspeak Client for free at ftp://ftp.fraghaus.com/teamspeak/

2) Install the client.

3) Go to connections, connect. Under local address book tab at the top, there is the word Servers. Right click on it and select Add Server.

4) Put in the following info:

Label: Fraghaus

Server Address: ts.fraghaus.com

Nickname: anything you want

5) Then hit connect.

That should put you in the lobby. Once there, click on Self and select Register with Server.

1) Pick your own username and password.

2) Now go back to connection, select connect.

3) Under local address book there should be a server called Fraghaus. Click on it. On the right hand side, under your nickname, ectRegistered, then put in the username and password you just picked. Click Connect.

TS Server Display

http://www.fraghaus.com/forums/tsdisplay/
Done... Now what?

Well it was great playing with ya'll.

I think I'm going to enjoy playing a little more now that I have more than just a couple of guys to frag with.

I guess I need to learn to be more vocal when I'm out there running around.

How do I add you guys to my "buddy list"?

About to get my next unlock. What should it be? Already have the DAO 12(anti tank), the M95 I think(Sniper) and the Spec ops unlock. Looking at PKM, Medic gun (fully automatic - hate the 3 round bursts), or assault unlock.

I think I'm going to enjoy playing a little more now that I have more than just a couple of guys to frag with.

Click in the text box where it states "Add New Buddy"

Type in the BF2 name of your buddy (See first post in this thread for links to our BF2 names)

Click "Go"

Buddy is then added to your buddies list :thumbup:

About to get my next unlock. What should it be? Already have the DAO 12(anti tank), the M95 I think(Sniper) and the Spec ops unlock. Looking at PKM, Medic gun (fully automatic - hate the 3 round bursts), or assault unlock.
Unlock the weapon in the class that you like to play the most. If you play assult alot be warned that the assult unlock does not have a grenade launcher but the rifle does pack a good wallop. (You do get regular hand grenades)

The PKM packs a big punch but is very inaccurate unless you are prone, aiming down the barrel and fire one or two shots at a time. Holding down the trigger in full auto it is hard to hit anything more than 10 feet away.

The medic unlock has a scope and if in the single shot mode can be used to do some sniping. In full auto it tends to be a little inaccurate.

HTH

Not on the first date, pal!

Unlock the weapon in the class that you like to play the most. If you play assult alot be warned that the assult unlock does not have a grenade launcher but the rifle does pack a good wallop. (You do get regular hand grenades)

The PKM packs a big punch but is very inaccurate unless you are prone, aiming down the barrel and fire one or two shots at a time. Holding down the trigger in full auto it is hard to hit anything more than 10 feet away.

The medic unlock has a scope and if in the single shot mode can be used to do some sniping. In full auto it tends to be a little inaccurate.

HTH
If you like Medic, both of those unlocks are pretty nice.

I personally think the G36 is the best weapon in the game. I'm a flat gunner with the G36 from any range. Now, because of the semi, you don't win a close range shootout with a guy on full auto.You can snipe effectively with it, you can hit guys at the square from the hotel with ease in Karkand, for example.

Really, just unlock the weapons of the classes you like to play, so that you have options. I started playing a lot of Engineer so I unlocked the Jackhammer and MP-7. I like having the P90 unlock for the Anti-Tank too because you can actually hit guys from across the street with a P90.

:lmao: That last match was pretty brutal.

Wifey's working again tonight... anyone planning on getting on?

:lmao: That last match was pretty brutal.

Wifey's working again tonight... anyone planning on getting on?
Ja, naturlich.I'll be on after I go run. ~9:30PM EST.

So, um, I got my knife and pistol medals today. :unsure:

10 minutes, 1 server as medic and 72 points later, :hifive:

I could be to 20K in a week if I played those servers all the time.

Username Last online       

cooleyo Today 05:20    

tlef316 Today 04:22    

[FHA]CNUTZ 31.03.2006 05:33

UNACCEPTABLE

HUMBULA!
LOL! I was waiting for you or Mad Cow to see that and give me crap. Sadly, I doubt it will be changing in the next 9-10 days. I got a major project going on at work and I will be working 12 hour days. I doubt I will be gaming much if at all during that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed a 64-player single player mod. It's okay but the AI doesn't know the added flags and areas. Then I upped my bots to 64. It's a #######g bloodbath. Especially the MEC side on Karkand. You spawn as AT at Square, cap Hotel, then get on one of the mounted machine guns. Lord have mercy....

If you need to get some frustration out.

Earned my high score of 149 and veterans expoosives badge last night. Was on a Sharqi server with 20 players. Was commander. With only 10 on each team I couldn't just sit there. Spawned in as Spec Ops, drove to the MEC south base, blew up assets, Stole Vod, drove to their artilery in the east, dropped supples, blew up artilery. Rinse, reapeat. The 3 squads actually went where I directed them. I was sending all three to the same flag at once -Pwnage.

Earned my high score of 149 and veterans expoosives badge last night. Was on a Sharqi server with 20 players. Was commander. With only 10 on each team I couldn't just sit there. Spawned in as Spec Ops, drove to the MEC south base, blew up assets, Stole Vod, drove to their artilery in the east, dropped supples, blew up artilery. Rinse, reapeat. The 3 squads actually went where I directed them. I was sending all three to the same flag at once -Pwnage.
Veteran Explosive Badge :jealous: :kicksrock:

Did it give you the badge for blowing up the assests so often or did you actually get kills with the C4?

Did it give you the badge for blowing up the assests so often or did you actually get kills with the C4?
Same question, I thought you had to get kills. Explosives badge was way harder for me to get than pistol or knife (I just have the basic).

You can get the Veteran's Explosive Badge from blowing up assets?

Earned my high score of 149 and veterans expoosives badge last night.  Was on a Sharqi server with 20 players.  Was commander.  With only 10 on each team I couldn't just sit there.  Spawned in as Spec Ops, drove to the MEC south base, blew up assets, Stole Vod, drove to their artilery in the east, dropped supples, blew up artilery.  Rinse, reapeat.  The 3 squads actually went where I directed them.  I was sending all three to the same flag at once -Pwnage.

Same question, I thought you had to get kills. Explosives badge was way harder for me to get than pistol or knife (I just have the basic).
I don't know how/if to go back and check game stats, but I think they changed it a few patches ago. I guess you couldn't get any points for blowing up assets in the beginning, and some of the stat sites that explain medal requirements aren't updated. Pretty sure I didnt get 25 kills with C4.

Mad Cow, can you update the first post with the new guys bf2 tracker info? I can't find sgt. cramer on the game.
Here's my info...sgt.cramer (minus the space between '.' and 'c')

I'm sort of diggin' that TeamSpeak stuff. It's nice not to have to press "b" when you want to speak to someone.

I was wondering though, if I want to speak with a squad member not on TS, I need to press "B" to speak to them. When I do this, can you guys that are on TS hear me?

Earned my high score of 149 and veterans expoosives badge last night.  Was on a Sharqi server with 20 players.  Was commander.  With only 10 on each team I couldn't just sit there.  Spawned in as Spec Ops, drove to the MEC south base, blew up assets, Stole Vod, drove to their artilery in the east, dropped supples, blew up artilery.  Rinse, reapeat.  The 3 squads actually went where I directed them.  I was sending all three to the same flag at once -Pwnage.

I don't know how/if to go back and check game stats, but I think they changed it a few patches ago. I guess you couldn't get any points for blowing up assets in the beginning, and some of the stat sites that explain medal requirements aren't updated. Pretty sure I didnt get 25 kills with C4.
He got Spec Ops Badge, not Explosive Ordinance. Just means he got 20 kills in the round while playing Spec Ops.Spec Ops Combat (#2) 21.04.2006

Mad Cow, can you update the first post with the new guys bf2 tracker info?  I can't find sgt. cramer on the game.

I'm sort of diggin' that TeamSpeak stuff. It's nice not to have to press "b" when you want to speak to someone.

I was wondering though, if I want to speak with a squad member not on TS, I need to press "B" to speak to them. When I do this, can you guys that are on TS hear me?
Yes, and there's no way around it....But to be honest, we should NEVER play on servers that support VOIP because VOIP adds CPU and bandwidth overhead. Since we have TS, we have a built-in disadvantage.

what kinds of servers are you playing on that next you so many Silver, Gold and Bronze medals? Are you playing on servers with just a few people thereby increasing the odds you finish top 3? Or have you gotten most of them from being commander?In the past 30 days you're averaging 19.83 points per round. I'm averaging 23.18. Yet I have a total of 5 stars to your 30.

Mad Cow, can you update the first post with the new guys bf2 tracker info?  I can't find sgt. cramer on the game.

Yes, and there's no way around it....But to be honest, we should NEVER play on servers that support VOIP because VOIP adds CPU and bandwidth overhead. Since we have TS, we have a built-in disadvantage.
If you setup your teamspeak to broadcast on the same "b" key as BF2 then I would think it would send audio via both at the same time. I have never tried it to confirm however. I just use seperate keys.

He got Spec Ops Badge, not Explosive Ordinance. Just means he got 20 kills in the round while playing Spec Ops.Spec Ops Combat (#2) 21.04.2006
Sorry my bad, not veteran explosives, veteran Spec ops. combat.

what kinds of servers are you playing on that next you so many Silver, Gold and Bronze medals? Are you playing on servers with just a few people thereby increasing the odds you finish top 3? Or have you gotten most of them from being commander?In the past 30 days you're averaging 19.83 points per round. I'm averaging 23.18. Yet I have a total of 5 stars to your 30.
Yes I have been commanding alot. Have the Veteran Command badge. Get tons more points, I want those unlocks. Got my new Staff Sargent a couple of days ago, 20% toward Gunny already.

Anybody have the ip of the server we were playing last night? It was a good one and I want to add it to my favorites. I'll be on again later tonight, and I may have a new headset too.

Anybody have the ip of the server we were playing last night? It was a good one and I want to add it to my favorites. I'll be on again later tonight, and I may have a new headset too.
Can't remember exactly which one it was, one I played last night was PtB (72.232.178.26). It's a Karkand only map. Can't remember the others we played.

Yes I have been commanding alot. Have the Veteran Command badge. Get tons more points, I want those unlocks. Got my new Staff Sargent a couple of days ago, 20% toward Gunny already.
I still don't understand how you're getting all the medals without scoring very many points on average.

I still don't understand how you're getting all the medals without scoring very many points on average.
Cause I suck, the lows are lows, the highs are high.

Okay, another day, another problem. This time its the joystick. I haven't hooked it up before to BF2, and had it out the other day, and decided to. After all, it can only help right? Wrong. I setup the controls to be logical. Push stick forward, aircraft heads down. The problem is that when I turn left, the aircraft turns right. In a helo, when I spin left, the bird turn to the right. UGh. I tried playing like this and it is not working at all. Anyone else have this issue? Its a logitech stick, so its not a POS special. TIA!!

Okay, another day, another problem. This time its the joystick. I haven't hooked it up before to BF2, and had it out the other day, and decided to. After all, it can only help right? Wrong. I setup the controls to be logical. Push stick forward, aircraft heads down. The problem is that when I turn left, the aircraft turns right. In a helo, when I spin left, the bird turn to the right. UGh. I tried playing like this and it is not working at all. Anyone else have this issue? Its a logitech stick, so its not a POS special. TIA!!
I inverted all controls. Sounds to me like you need to configure it in Windows to only invert the Y axis.

BF2 machine died again today, this time looks like HD failure. Could be awhile.

Can't really help with the setup, although does just sound like something is inverted that shouldn't be. I have to assume though that a (properly configured) joystick would make flying much easier? I saw one on Woot the other day and missed out, but my thinking was that it could only help, and may snag one if another shows up.Another control question for you guys - do you invert your mouse (up=looking down) or leave it regular? I've always had FPS set to invert the mouse, and while that works fine for when I'm walking around, when I'm in a stationary gun (tank, sandbag machine gun, etc.) or vehicle, I find I frequently push the wrong way first - I try to use it as if it wasn't inverted. Obviously this is probably just a personal preference thing, and just gotta get used to one way or the other, but I was just curious what the most common method is.

Can't really help with the setup, although does just sound like something is inverted that shouldn't be. I have to assume though that a (properly configured) joystick would make flying much easier? I saw one on Woot the other day and missed out, but my thinking was that it could only help, and may snag one if another shows up.Another control question for you guys - do you invert your mouse (up=looking down) or leave it regular? I've always had FPS set to invert the mouse, and while that works fine for when I'm walking around, when I'm in a stationary gun (tank, sandbag machine gun, etc.) or vehicle, I find I frequently push the wrong way first - I try to use it as if it wasn't inverted. Obviously this is probably just a personal preference thing, and just gotta get used to one way or the other, but I was just curious what the most common method is.
If you do NOT invert your mouse, then you suXor.

Users who are viewing this thread