What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

Went past the 1.0 ratio tonight! I was down 2400 kills 7 weeks ago after starting life as a medic whore. Good crowd tonight: Gator, Joe, Maelstrom, Cramer, even an appearance from the low key amd_dude.
Thinking about heading down to Florida with him for the FBG Tournament? Bound to be some good looking women there.

Went past the 1.0 ratio tonight!  I was down 2400 kills 7 weeks ago after starting life as a medic whore.  Good crowd tonight:  Gator, Joe, Maelstrom, Cramer, even an appearance from the low key amd_dude.
Thinking about heading down to Florida with him for the FBG Tournament? Bound to be some good looking women there.
Elaborate on this tournament you speak of.I"m actually heading out to Florida in a couple of weeks :excited:

Here's a PIC of Cramer and I hanging out at the Diner in Anchorage. He was in his 72 Pinto. I was in my 97 Tunguska. I can't pass a gas station in one those. I get .7 Miles per gallon.

Seriously, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being nerdiest, how :nerd: is this post?

Last edited by a moderator:
its because firestorm doesnt fly planes or choppers, so he doesnt have the expert badges.

and o yeah, tracker didnt give me credit for my late night rounds yet :hot:

Here's a PIC of Cramer and I hanging out at the Diner in Anchorage. He was in his 72 Pinto. I was in my 97 Tunguska. I can't pass a gas station in one those. I get .7 Miles per gallon.

Seriously, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being nerdiest, how :nerd: is this post?
:excited: That was fun.I was just cruising around for as long as the enemy would let me.

While I'm geeking out. I PWNED this guy last night:

=R.O.D.= Colleger
CoolI don't get it

This guy =R.O.D.= Colleger has 208,430 global points and is ranked as a Lieutenant General

this guy FireStorm has 428,606 global points and is ranked as a Colonel

:shrug:
This thread may shed a little light. :shrug: I didn't waste my time reading through the entire thread. I just read the first page and then skimmed through and read Firestorms comments.

Hey GS,

You forgot to mention the 10 year old that logged onto TS last night.

His userid for TS was "greggums" or something like that. The entire time he was on he was making fart noises and playing a soundboard of CA Gov. Arnold Schwashengsnsnsneerrr (Sp!)

It went on for a long time until I realized you could mute people in TS... then he logged off.

I'll admit, it was funny in the beginning and then it got annoying really fast.

Hey GS,

You forgot to mention the 10 year old that logged onto TS last night.

His userid for TS was "greggums" or something like that. The entire time he was on he was making fart noises and playing a soundboard of CA Gov. Arnold Schwashengsnsnsneerrr (Sp!)

It went on for a long time until I realized you could mute people in TS... then he logged off.

I'll admit, it was funny in the beginning and then it got annoying really fast.
You sure it wasn't Mad Cow's alias?

is anyone else noticing that BFtracker isnt updating? Hoping its not just me, as i had a few very good rounds last night

edit: looks like the site is just slow, as my in-game stats are accurate.

for like the 8th time, i have to re-state my biggest pet peave in this game. You have a vodnik or Humvee in a nice firing position overlooking a high traffic area. You are using the 50 cal and pinning down/killing entire squads. Then some noob decides to jump in, drive like maniac for 50 meters and bail out right in front of an APC or Tank. This drives me absolutly ####### crazy. I really wish they would let you lock vehicles. I've probably died 50 times and been denied hundreds of 50 cal kills due to morons pulling this stunt.

My favorite thing when I play alone now is to spawn as sniper at suburbs. drive the vodnik to that building where US likes to try to drive HMMVW through to sneak up to suburb. I plant a claymore on either side of the building, then Drive the vodnik up soth east behind a tree and find a nice gunning spot. I man the .50 and wait. I did it three straight rounds and each time I netted 5 kills or so before the wrath of allah was landed on me.

man do i love out-sniping snipers with the PKM. Thats what they get when they refused to leave the hills above the MEC spawn at Sharqi Peninsula.

I know it is buried in here somewhere, but...How do you guys find each other online (aside from teamspeak or other voice channels)

screen name list?

I have had the game since release, but have played sparingly. However, last night, I jumped in for an hour or so and had a great time. The graphics look amazing on my home gaming system.

Anyway, I am pretty efficient at FPS games, but I was getting :own3d: all over the place. What are the keys here? Is there a particular class that seems to be better than others? I know there is sort of a rock-paper-scissors that they wanted, but what class tends to dominate more? I would usually end up around the middle of the team in scoring by the end of each round, so not bad since I have not played it in forever, but am wanting to increase my skillz.

TIA

Here is a list of players and their pages at BF2tracker.com:

Gamerboy61

Mad Cow

Corporation

#### Vermeil

Seymour Corn

Davej626

BoltzFan

-=|SeF|=-SilentOne

CNUTZ

tlef316

Meat

JAA

Mark Davis

Gator Shawn

Cunning Linquist

goldenchild

Courtjester

Maelstrom

Here is the link for the info on ranks, medals, weapons and so on:

BF2 By the Numbers Linky

Here is the info on teamspeak by CNUTZ:

Download Team Speak from http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php

Enter TS.FRAGHAUS.COM for the server IP.

Once you connect you will have to register with the server then you can change channels and go to the BF2 channel. If you have difficulties, register on the forums and post for help.
Current Mod Projects:www.riseofkobol.com

forgottenhope.bf1942files.com

bfapocalypse.com

battlegroup42.com

brickfield.immortal-forces.net

frontline18.com

desert-conflict.org
I'm TheGoat9

Well, I think i'm going to try and get back into BF2.. it's been about 2-2 1/2 months since i've really played... can't wait to get own3d for the next two weeks figuring out all the new crap in the game (I'm downloading the 1.3 patch now). Oof, hopefully i'll catch ya'll online in the next couple nights.

New Patch In The Works?Today | 03:13 AM | 41 CommentsWell there have been many rumors circulating the net over the past few days about a new patch in the works. Based on what EA had already told us after the release of the 1.3 patch, it was probably assumed that a new patch would be in production. The new rumors about the patch also have it including a new map for BF2 titled "Road To Jalalabad." The players within these test servers running this new map all have names such as "BFTest." The game versions on these test servers are also listed as "1.1.2887-719.0," where as the current 1.3 patch is listed as "1.1.2878-710.0." Even more interestingly noted is the chance a new game mode may be in the works. This rumor spawns from the fact that in these test servers there's an option that states "bf2_infantryonly." Below are links to the two servers from which all the rumors come.

New Patch In The Works?

Today | 03:13 AM | 41 Comments

Well there have been many rumors circulating the net over the past few days about a new patch in the works. Based on what EA had already told us after the release of the 1.3 patch, it was probably assumed that a new patch would be in production. The new rumors about the patch also have it including a new map for BF2 titled "Road To Jalalabad." The players within these test servers running this new map all have names such as "BFTest." The game versions on these test servers are also listed as "1.1.2887-719.0," where as the current 1.3 patch is listed as "1.1.2878-710.0." Even more interestingly noted is the chance a new game mode may be in the works. This rumor spawns from the fact that in these test servers there's an option that states "bf2_infantryonly." Below are links to the two servers from which all the rumors come.
I think I'd like an "infantry-only" game mode.

New Patch In The Works?

Today | 03:13 AM | 41 Comments

Well there have been many rumors circulating the net over the past few days about a new patch in the works. Based on what EA had already told us after the release of the 1.3 patch, it was probably assumed that a new patch would be in production. The new rumors about the patch also have it including a new map for BF2 titled "Road To Jalalabad." The players within these test servers running this new map all have names such as "BFTest." The game versions on these test servers are also listed as "1.1.2887-719.0," where as the current 1.3 patch is listed as "1.1.2878-710.0." Even more interestingly noted is the chance a new game mode may be in the works. This rumor spawns from the fact that in these test servers there's an option that states "bf2_infantryonly." Below are links to the two servers from which all the rumors come.
I think I'd like an "infantry-only" game mode.
You would!

I got the legion of merit a few minutes ago in a 16 player Karkand server on a 64-player map. I kind of like those servers. It's more of a test of skills than a 64-player server. You see a guy. Maybe he sees you. Who can get in position.

You don't just get nuked by a grenade from some guy who happened to spawn right behind you.

Then again, sometimes I like playing on servers where you can be that guy.

Finally got Special forces but it won't run. I thought it odd that, right before installing, it said it was patching to version 1.1, but I am patched to 1.3. GET ARENDERING ERROR WHEN LAUNCHING SF. I don't know what is up, I am updating video drivers now. I lokks like i meet the system requirements, have been playing BF2 for awhile now.

Suggestions? Do I have to uninstall everything, then install BF@, the SF, then the full 1.3 patch.

Finally got Special forces but it won't run. I thought it odd that, right before installing, it said it was patching to version 1.1, but I am patched to 1.3. GET ARENDERING ERROR WHEN LAUNCHING SF. I don't know what is up, I am updating video drivers now. I lokks like i meet the system requirements, have been playing BF2 for awhile now.

Suggestions? Do I have to uninstall everything, then install BF@, the SF, then the full 1.3 patch.
I honestly would, to be sure.Again:

BF2

BF2:SF

Patch 1.3 Full

Expansion Packs

Patch 1.3 Full Again

BF2

Patch 1.3 Full

Expansion Packs

Patch 1.3 Full Again
ouch. does he get to play at some point this weekend?thats brutal.

BF2

Patch 1.3 Full

Expansion Packs

Patch 1.3 Full Again
ouch. does he get to play at some point this weekend?thats brutal.
Looks like its working so far after reinstalling bf2 and SF. Launched SF and found no servers. Downloading full patch from xfire now.EDIT:

DAMN. Getting booted from SF games after like a minute by punkbuster, reason "no packet flow"

WTH?

Last edited:
I played against this guy last night. He HAD to be cheating. I'm not sur what this "wall glitch" is, but somehow, these dorks don't consider a glitch to be cheating. This guy Tr3am0r is a lifetime 1.45 k/d ratio guy. In this entire round, he didn't move. He stayed right southeast of hotel for the entire round. he went 34-1 as infantry. My observations aside, you just can't do that. You get killed. Claymores, random nades, enemy tanks, apcs.

here's his score:

His scores

However, unless this guy was a genious at switching kits, he ran at me as a spec ops. I shot him several times. He didn't die. He ran by me and into the short alley between the big road and hotel, I gave a brief chase, (less than 2 seconds). I turned the corner and saw someone drop a claymore. it said "You were killed by Tr3am0r." There was no kit on the ground between me and the end of the street. So if he did switch kits in the blink of an eye.

Then several times I ran into the middle alley by Hotel where most of the US nades land at the start of Karkand. I kept getting killed by Tr3amor. I tried different approaches back to back to back and each time got killed by him with no indication on my screen where he was coming from.

To the best of my guesses, he was in the building opposite the tiny alleyway from the building with the ladder just south of Hotel.

here's a little map I made to try to illustrate:

Map

here's his stats. Take out his armor and he's basically 1:1 kjill death ratio.

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_usercmbstats.php...32040&bfmodid=0

I added Tr3am0r to my list. Looks liie he found him a nice comfy spot in Karkand. Interestingly enough. Once I called him out over global channel he didn't play the next round. Now he's on a different server:

MEC (Players: 9)

Tr3am0r 82 29 2 27

vegas_sodium 57 21 14 26

BlackVille 55 21 12 21

Sammich 49 11 10 77

=lWCl=Headshot 33 7 11 90

Sabre2550 19 3 13 38

wingman2k6 17 6 12 94

DerickY24 0 0 1 20

CallMe jstringpower 0 0 0 76

29-2

I reported Tr3Am0r to bfroe

I am going to play on his server tonight and switch teams to him. I want to command on his team and get his exact location in a screen shot so I can report him again. Or at least figure out where he's hiding.

I hope some of you will join me to help me figure this out.

Jumping on in a minute, and I don't mind jumping to a couple different servers if need to help ya out.

I unlocked both sniper rifles with my promotion unlocks. I've been playing a bit more sniper lately, and wanted the 2nd (SF) sniper rifle, but can't get it till you get the first (M95). The other one I was considering was the G3 and the other support gun (the SF one), but I like the PKM too much I think to use that one much, and I hardly ever play assult.

I snapped a pic of my setup (after cleaning off the desk a bit). Its uploaded at:

Pic (fairly large)

Smaller Pic

*edit: my wife got me the husky on top of the monitor wearing the Vikings helmet (and full jersey actually). I have a husky, and am a Vikings fan (despite (due to?) living near Detroit). My avatar is my husky, and you can see a bigger pic here: Riley (big picture)

Jumping on in a minute, and I don't mind jumping to a couple different servers if need to help ya out.

I unlocked both sniper rifles with my promotion unlocks. I've been playing a bit more sniper lately, and wanted the 2nd (SF) sniper rifle, but can't get it till you get the first (M95). The other one I was considering was the G3 and the other support gun (the SF one), but I like the PKM too much I think to use that one much, and I hardly ever play assult.

I snapped a pic of my setup (after cleaning off the desk a bit). Its uploaded at:

Pic (fairly large)

Smaller Pic

*edit: my wife got me the husky on top of the monitor wearing the Vikings helmet (and full jersey actually). I have a husky, and am a Vikings fan (despite (due to?) living near Detroit). My avatar is my husky, and you can see a bigger pic here: Riley (big picture)
The 90's called. They want their monitors back.

Pic (fairly large)

Smaller Pic

The 90's called. They want their monitors back.
:lmao: :lmao: Anyone up for some Armored Fury? I'm going to play a few rounds here shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread