What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (2 Viewers)

Jumping on in a minute, and I don't mind jumping to a couple different servers if need to help ya out.

I unlocked both sniper rifles with my promotion unlocks. I've been playing a bit more sniper lately, and wanted the 2nd (SF) sniper rifle, but can't get it till you get the first (M95). The other one I was considering was the G3 and the other support gun (the SF one), but I like the PKM too much I think to use that one much, and I hardly ever play assult.

I snapped a pic of my setup (after cleaning off the desk a bit). Its uploaded at:

Pic (fairly large)

Smaller Pic

*edit: my wife got me the husky on top of the monitor wearing the Vikings helmet (and full jersey actually). I have a husky, and am a Vikings fan (despite (due to?) living near Detroit). My avatar is my husky, and you can see a bigger pic here: Riley (big picture)
The 90's called. They want their monitors back.
:bag: When they die I'll upgrade, the Sony (19") was a refurbished monitor won in a drawing at a place I used to work - it's like 8 years old or something - we've had it for 6 or 7. When I built my new computer, I almost bought a flat screen, but couldn't quite justify it (between the wife and I, we probably have 5-7 monitors floating around the house. I should go grab her 19" that she isn't using right now and hook it up instead of the 17" :ph34r:

Had fun sniping tonight, although I never got a high number of kills. Was fun to get into the sniper mentality for a bit. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys know that artillery kills you get in a round as commander count towards any IAR requirements for badges? So for example, the good conduct medal that require 27 kills with no team damage at all could be attained more easily that way.

I mentioned to Maelstrom last night that one thing I wish they'd do in BF2, or Bf2142 is have Nation specific unlocks. Some of the weapons make such distinctive noises that it would be nice to know that when you hear a PKM it's most likely MEC. When you hear the crack of the L86 sniper rifle, you know it's US.

They'd have to introduce new weapons and add new sounds to the game, I guess.

Quick question. Weren't they suppose to add a stinger missile to Armored Fury? Or was that on our wish list? Those freakin little birds make a difference. I want to take 'em down with some shoulder launches.

I am sure this is a dumb question because I have seen it mentioned alot on the EA boards, but have any of you had this problem: You load the game, pick your server and then it goes through its whole load process, and when you go to hit Join Game, it shuts the game down and takes you back to your desktop?

I have updated everything, but I get this problem at least one time a session.

I am sure this is a dumb question because I have seen it mentioned alot on the EA boards, but have any of you had this problem: You load the game, pick your server and then it goes through its whole load process, and when you go to hit Join Game, it shuts the game down and takes you back to your desktop?

It has happened to me once or twice, but not as often as it does to you... FWIW.

Quick question. Weren't they suppose to add a stinger missile to Armored Fury? Or was that on our wish list? Those freakin little birds make a difference. I want to take 'em down with some shoulder launches.
I believe it was the US Intervention mod.

I mentioned to Maelstrom last night that one thing I wish they'd do in BF2, or Bf2142 is have Nation specific unlocks. Some of the weapons make such distinctive noises that it would be nice to know that when you hear a PKM it's most likely MEC. When you hear the crack of the L86 sniper rifle, you know it's US.

The other "problem" to overcome (and I'm sure it could be) would be keeping the weapons fairly balanced, but still somewhat true to real life performance. (At least, I think BF2 tries to keep them close to real life performance).

It has happened to me once or twice, but not as often as it does to you... FWIW.
I have this happen about twice/three times a week, I'd guess. Not quite irritating enough yet to have gone to find the fix/source of the problem, but getting there.

The other "problem" to overcome (and I'm sure it could be) would be keeping the weapons fairly balanced, but still somewhat true to real life performance. (At least, I think BF2 tries to keep them close to real life performance).
Well, like I said they can just take guns and give them identical stats but unique skins and sounds. Like I mentioned, an upgrade to the M249 and similar to the PKM is the M240 which is the coax gun on the M1. There is a shoulder fire version of it called the M240B which is a mean mother f'er.

What would be really cool is a tihrd unlock for support being a heavy caliber MG like 14.7MM which required a second or two to deploy but could be devastating. Or even a Gatling. Think The Body in Predator. That was a 5.56mm minigun.

I have this happen about twice/three times a week, I'd guess. Not quite irritating enough yet to have gone to find the fix/source of the problem, but getting there.
The fix, I think, is just to never play BF2 again.

Well, like I said they can just take guns and give them identical stats but unique skins and sounds. Like I mentioned, an upgrade to the M249 and similar to the PKM is the M240 which is the coax gun on the M1. There is a shoulder fire version of it called the M240B which is a mean mother f'er.

What would be really cool is a tihrd unlock for support being a heavy caliber MG like 14.7MM which required a second or two to deploy but could be devastating. Or even a Gatling. Think The Body in Predator. That was a 5.56mm minigun.
Day of Defeat (DoD) has the option of a couple heavier machine guns (WWII guns - MG34 and MG42, 30cal MG) - you can't even shoot them while standing unless deployed at a sandbag. Your shots just go into the sky, and you're dead if you were aiming at someone in front of you. Mostly people go prone and can shoot ok that way, much much more accurate if you deploy the bi/tripod - you can cover an entire alleyway and no one is getting through until a sniper stays back and picks you off or someone throws a grenade at you (at least, that's what always seems to happen to me).Regardless, a couple true MGs that could lay down suppressing fire and had a large clip would be really cool, and would give the support gunner a slightly improved role.

One other thing DoD did is only allowed a certain number of persons per class per map - for instance, there could only be 2 snipers per team for many of the maps - something like that could change up the gameplay a little more also and require even more teamwork, but it could be frustrating that the person with the fastest machine/ping always grabs a certain class.

Last edited by a moderator:

This happened to me a few times the other night and the FBG's heard all about it. :censored: Been fine since I reinstalled drivers and 1.3 patch.

Gamerboy61- you here in Columbus?

Day of Defeat (DoD) has the option of a couple heavier machine guns (WWII guns - MG34 and MG42, 30cal MG) - you can't even shoot them while standing unless deployed at a sandbag. Your shots just go into the sky, and you're dead if you were aiming at someone in front of you. Mostly people go prone and can shoot ok that way, much much more accurate if you deploy the bi/tripod - you can cover an entire alleyway and no one is getting through until a sniper stays back and picks you off or someone throws a grenade at you (at least, that's what always seems to happen to me).Regardless, a couple true MGs that could lay down suppressing fire and had a large clip would be really cool, and would give the support gunner a slightly improved role.

One other thing DoD did is only allowed a certain number of persons per class per map - for instance, there could only be 2 snipers per team for many of the maps - something like that could change up the gameplay a little more also and require even more teamwork, but it could be frustrating that the person with the fastest machine/ping always grabs a certain class.
Another thing we talked about was increasing the respawn time so people value their life more. Leads to more tactical game play, I would think.

.. snip ..
Another thing we talked about was increasing the respawn time so people value their life more. Leads to more tactical game play, I would think.
Yep - Day of Defeat had some maps that were like that like we were talking about were once you die, you're dead until the end of the round. (We were talking about America's Army online, but I was reading about DoD and those maps today and it had a similar mode). Basically a team could win by completing the objectives of the map or killing the entire other team. I have yet to encounter one of those maps though, so I can't comment on what it does to gameplay. Overall gameplay in DoD seems pretty quick - maybe a little quicker in someways than BF2.

The Hell you say!!! :rant:

Gamerboy61- you here in Columbus?
No, I live not to far from Canton, about 2 hours drive to ColumbusMy wife and I like to go to Columbus for get away weekends.

We usually end up in the Dublin area while in Columbus but we like to shop at Easton

I'm sitting here at my work laptop getting a head start on the week. My wife just sat down at MY GAMING PC to check mail and ####. I'm too much of a ##### to tell her to go to her PC in the kitchen. I hate this. I'm ready to play.

I'm sitting here at my work laptop getting a head start on the week. My wife just sat down at MY GAMING PC to check mail and ####. I'm too much of a ##### to tell her to go to her PC in the kitchen. I hate this. I'm ready to play.
:own3d: Going to Kings Island tomorrow. I am bound and determined to get online at least once while I am out here. :boxing:

.. snip ..
Yep - Day of Defeat had some maps that were like that like we were talking about were once you die, you're dead until the end of the round. (We were talking about America's Army online, but I was reading about DoD and those maps today and it had a similar mode). Basically a team could win by completing the objectives of the map or killing the entire other team. I have yet to encounter one of those maps though, so I can't comment on what it does to gameplay. Overall gameplay in DoD seems pretty quick - maybe a little quicker in someways than BF2.
Day of Defeat was SweetSor. I loved that map where the Allies had to assault the hill with the bunker and guns of the Axis. :thumbup:

Hey, just started playing BF2.

FBG_Mooks77

I totally suck right now since I was so used to playing BF 1942.
Added. You should be able to find most of the regular players in the first post of the thread. If you haven't already, find the post about Teamspeak, and get that setup also.

Well, last night was frustrating. One of you was on with me in a terrible match. I was drunk so I can't remember who it was.

Our team was so stupid it wasn't even funny. We got knocked back to our carrier (not Wake BTW) and couldn't even get a spawn point. You know the team members who get in the helicopter or boat and leave without taking anyone with them and then promptly get killed forcing the rest of us to stand around on the boat waiting for additional transports to spawn. We got blanked--totally blanked in back to back matches.

And then to top it off us FBGs start yelling at our so called team to get it together and start playing like a team--which promptly earns us a trashing by the mods that we can go play on another board if we don't like how things are going.

If I wasn't so close to getting my promotion and unlock I would have started tking every member of my team.

(Oh, but I still love this game :D )

Well, last night was frustrating. One of you was on with me in a terrible match. I was drunk so I can't remember who it was.

Our team was so stupid it wasn't even funny. We got knocked back to our carrier (not Wake BTW) and couldn't even get a spawn point. You know the team members who get in the helicopter or boat and leave without taking anyone with them and then promptly get killed forcing the rest of us to stand around on the boat waiting for additional transports to spawn. We got blanked--totally blanked in back to back matches.

And then to top it off us FBGs start yelling at our so called team to get it together and start playing like a team--which promptly earns us a trashing by the mods that we can go play on another board if we don't like how things are going.

If I wasn't so close to getting my promotion and unlock I would have started tking every member of my team.

(Oh, but I still love this game :D )
:bag: I was the commander. It was Dragon Valley I think.

i should go over 25K points today, and my K/D ratio is now 1.2 thanks to my last ten hours playing the support class. The PKM is absolutly deadly.

i should go over 25K points today, and my K/D ratio is now 1.2 thanks to my last ten hours playing the support class. The PKM is absolutly deadly.
I found the cure to the K/D ratio. Commander.Every arty kill counts towards global kills but not towards points.

going on after i finish my bowl of ice cream. just a few more hours before veteran support and the various awards that require 200 total hours

Shawn, sorry your TS was bugging man. I don't know if you could hear it on your end, but it was deafening with the feedback from the game and Maelstrom and I talking. Hopefully it gets worked out.

Shawn, sorry your TS was bugging man. I don't know if you could hear it on your end, but it was deafening with the feedback from the game and Maelstrom and I talking. Hopefully it gets worked out.
Yeah, same here. Let me know if you need help testing it sometime, be happy to help out. TS isn't the same without hearing you screaming at someone :P Something I didn't mention on TS (can't really check it then anyways and you've probably already done this) but make sure your on-board sound is turn off in the BIOS and make sure the driver is removed. You could try updating the current sound card driver if you haven't already. Also, in the Volume properties, make sure Microphone is the checked under recording (mine checks line-in when I use my TV card, and if I jump on TS before changing that or turning off the TV card, it blasts the channel with my TV audio).

Just some thoughts, you've probably already tried a number of them. Good luck!

Shawn, sorry your TS was bugging man.  I don't know if you could hear it on your end, but it was deafening with the feedback from the game and Maelstrom and I talking.  Hopefully it gets worked out.
Yeah, same here. Let me know if you need help testing it sometime, be happy to help out. TS isn't the same without hearing you screaming at someone :P Something I didn't mention on TS (can't really check it then anyways and you've probably already done this) but make sure your on-board sound is turn off in the BIOS and make sure the driver is removed. You could try updating the current sound card driver if you haven't already. Also, in the Volume properties, make sure Microphone is the checked under recording (mine checks line-in when I use my TV card, and if I jump on TS before changing that or turning off the TV card, it blasts the channel with my TV audio).

Just some thoughts, you've probably already tried a number of them. Good luck!
I'm back to using my onboard sound. I'm going to search around some forums today to see if I can figure this out. My onboard audio is a real popular brand, so someone has had this problem before.

Thanks, sorry for getting so pissed, and sorry if I was acting mad towards you guys. Obviously, it wasn't your fault my mike wasn't working right.

I found my answer in the Team Speak FAQs on their web page. I had STEREO MIX selected as the input for my audio, I set it to mic in and I think that will take care of it.

I found my answer in the Team Speak FAQs on their web page. I had STEREO MIX selected as the input for my audio, I set it to mic in and I think that will take care of it.
Good to hear. No I mean it. Really good to be able to hear the game! :P

I thought I was gonna get on tonight, but alas, my stepfather was already asleep :hot: before I could get the WEP key to the wireless network. :rant:

Username Servername Server IP Mapname Players

=FBG= cooleyo K Live Nude Girls 70.86.86.146:16567 Strike At Karkand 31/40

:eek:
Just so you get the whole truth:=FBG= sgt.cramer K Live Nude Girls 70.86.86.146:16567 Strike At Karkand 24/40

=FBG= GS_0811 K Live Nude Girls 70.86.86.146:16567 Strike At Karkand 24/40

=FBG=Maelstrom K Live Nude Girls 70.86.86.146:16567 Strike At Karkand 24/40

Not much to see in Sharqi or Karkand though :angry:

Just so you get the whole truth:=FBG= sgt.cramer K Live Nude Girls 70.86.86.146:16567 Strike At Karkand 24/40

:hifive: :lmao:

:lmao: At least its a memorable server name so you can find it again

Users who are viewing this thread