What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm not one of those snipers who bunny hops into the area between USMC spawn and Hotel and spams claymores and nades.
That would be the way I snipe. Just noticed the tracker was down. Does anyone know of another tracker site? I guess I could try teamspeak again. It's been causing me problems. Anyone else going in tonight?

I'm not one of those snipers who bunny hops into the area between USMC spawn and Hotel and spams claymores and nades.
That would be the way I snipe. Just noticed the tracker was down. Does anyone know of another tracker site? I guess I could try teamspeak again. It's been causing me problems. Anyone else going in tonight?
Does a bear #### in the woods?

Got a 4 hour flight home in a few hours. I MIGHT make it on tonight. I played a couple of rounds last night. Pork joined, but never got on TS or responded to text stuff. Love that Road Rage. :thumbup:

Sniping is not about scoring to me. It's about headshotting a guy who thinks he's about to cap a flag. It's about headshotting a guy who thinks *HE* has the best spot in the map. It's about watching through your scope as the guy frantically tries to see where you're shooting him from before your second shot lands.

Not that I'm a great sniper, but that's hwo I look at it when I play. In a typical round when I was earning my sniper hours, I usually went 7-2 or so with maybe 4 or 5 team points.

Very :goodposting: :thumbup:

Sniping is not about scoring to me. It's about headshotting a guy who thinks he's about to cap a flag. It's about headshotting a guy who thinks *HE* has the best spot in the map. It's about watching through your scope as the guy frantically tries to see where you're shooting him from before your second shot lands.

Not that I'm a great sniper, but that's hwo I look at it when I play. In a typical round when I was earning my sniper hours, I usually went 7-2 or so with maybe 4 or 5 team points.

I generally agree with this as well. It is immensely satisfying to snipe another sniper or the guy at the flag. But, I have been trying to get my veteran explosives badge - 20 kills with clay/mine/C4 - and have gotten the closest dropping clays in the fencing area near hotel were US comes through in the initial rush (best so far was 17 kills, not quite enough). I get killed a lot, but since the clays stay behind for up to a full minute, I still get kills from them. Crappy tactic, but the highest explosive kill count I've been able to muster so far.

i just cant play a class if i cant rack up some decent points. I can get some satisfaction out of a stealthy kill, but i want to get to sargent major at some point this century.

i just cant play a class if i cant rack up some decent points. I can get some satisfaction out of a stealthy kill, but i want to get to sargent major at some point this century.
:goodposting: If i don't have a 70 in a round, i feel like i wasn't doing anything. It's niec to be back, i'm definately real rusty though. Jumped in for a couple rounds tonight, my first experience with the new patch -- those vehicle drops certainly come in handy....

Definately had a lucky night though, 4 gold stars in 5 matches. (god i love medic)

I agree, but sometimes you have to just play a kit to get a medal....

I generally agree with this as well. It is immensely satisfying to snipe another sniper or the guy at the flag. But, I have been trying to get my veteran explosives badge - 20 kills with clay/mine/C4 - and have gotten the closest dropping clays in the fencing area near hotel were US comes through in the initial rush (best so far was 17 kills, not quite enough). I get killed a lot, but since the clays stay behind for up to a full minute, I still get kills from them. Crappy tactic, but the highest explosive kill count I've been able to muster so far.
Jihad Jeep Down?

Jihad Jeep Down?
I may go that route again, but I had a hard time with the Jihad jeep just getting the basic explosives, and people hate it with a passion. People may hate claymores, but not the way they do Jihad Jeep, I think.

Maelstrom, about what we talked about RAIDing.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59854
I was a little suprised the load time wasn't better - that must totally be RAM and CPU then. Other than that, pretty much what I expected - biggest benefit is from large file transfer and manipulation, not so much for gaming. Photoshop runs nicely though!The other reason I went with RAID was to tie the two drives together as one logical drive. I know there's a way to do that without RAID as well, just a cluster basically, but I can't remember what it's called.

I found and installed that other program we were discussing. I like it, but my cable company limits the downloads to 2GBs a month for stuff like that. :hot: :rant:

I was up playing from 1:30 am to 4:00 am last night--Man, I am dragging at work today. :(

I got some good armor whoring in. It is nice to find a player that knows how to drive a tank and you can just sit on top and blast away or the opposite with me driving.

Oh and I still suck at this game. I just have been playing and not exactly concerned with medal and such, but I need to get going on these....

Oh and I still suck at this game. I just have been playing and not exactly concerned with medal and such, but I need to get going on these....
you'll get better. Just need practice. If you arent a good shooter, find another role that helps the team. The stats are cool, but not everything. Stats dont mean a thing if you dont have fun.

Maelstrom, about what we talked about RAIDing.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59854
I was a little suprised the load time wasn't better - that must totally be RAM and CPU then. Other than that, pretty much what I expected - biggest benefit is from large file transfer and manipulation, not so much for gaming. Photoshop runs nicely though!The other reason I went with RAID was to tie the two drives together as one logical drive. I know there's a way to do that without RAID as well, just a cluster basically, but I can't remember what it's called.

I found and installed that other program we were discussing. I like it, but my cable company limits the downloads to 2GBs a month for stuff like that. :hot: :rant:
The only thing RAID will speed up is the boot up generally - nothing between maps - that is all CPU, RAM and GPU.

after a few hours as sniper, i dont think it that bad. ive been playing as more of a combat sniper, staying with the team but laying back behind the main battle line. Im a pretty decent shot. ive also been switching to anti tank when the situation calls for it, some im playing both kits at once and not getting as bored.

i still miss my spec ops guns though.

Got a 4 hour flight home in a few hours. I MIGHT make it on tonight. I played a couple of rounds last night. Pork joined, but never got on TS or responded to text stuff. Love that Road Rage. :thumbup:
Hey MC. I couldn't ever find you on that map, and I didn't stick around for long. Also, since the new patch, I can't run the game and TS at the same time without crashing. I'll try to catch up with you guys in the coming days.

Hey MC. I couldn't ever find you on that map, and I didn't stick around for long. Also, since the new patch, I can't run the game and TS at the same time without crashing. I'll try to catch up with you guys in the coming days.
You can almost always find me on Road Rage in an Anti-Air vehicle pVVning the aircraft #####es. The flyboys have adapted to that map pretty well. The only ones you see coming down the road looking for targets are the n00bs. The others have learned to take to the edges of the map and bomb from behind. I have found camping under the interstate to be profitable with this turn of events.

how is the infantry combat on AF? Im tempted to buy it, but dont feel like wasting hte money if its all big armor battles. TIA

how is the infantry combat on AF? Im tempted to buy it, but dont feel like wasting hte money if its all big armor battles. TIA
They still play a role, but are relegated to support moreso than the original. Very similar feel to EF, if you have that. However, there is not a total emphasis on armor, but more vehicular, such as AA, aircraft and the like.

They still play a role, but are relegated to support moreso than the original. Very similar feel to EF, if you have that. However, there is not a total emphasis on armor, but more vehicular, such as AA, aircraft and the like.
eh, doesnt seem like my bag then. Maybe ill start playing some more special forces for variety. Those are awesome maps if you can stand the performance hit.Im also looking forward to the map that will be included with the next patch. Looks like it will be for us ground pounders.

O yeah, also got my combat infantry medal today. That plus my navy cross = a very good day.

I got my Basic Pistol last night playing a SF map! :excited: Drumroll . . . .

That is my last Basic award needed, now to work on the veteran awards, or just . . . gasp . . . play for fun.

BTW - GS - here is a few MP3s for you (or anyone else):

Drumrolls - Award, Promotion, Demotion

added:

forgot to add this link for how to extract the sounds from BF2 if you want any of the other sounds (you will need to be able to play OGG files for a lot of the game sounds)

Link

I installed this OGG player that integrates with Media player and it works just fine. Be careful to deselect the toolbar it also wants to install though!

OGG Player

Last edited by a moderator:

That is my last Basic award needed, now to work on the veteran awards, or just . . . gasp . . . play for fun.

added:

forgot to add this link for how to extract the sounds from BF2 (you will need to be able to play OGG files for a lot of the game sounds)

Link

I installed this OGG player that integrates with Media player and it works just fine. Be careful to deselect the toolbar it also wants to install though!

OGG Player
At first, I was not a fan of the new music for the AF expansion, but the more I hear it, the more I really like it. Especially love the part where you hear "Hit it!" and the music kicks up a bit. :thumbup:

added:

forgot to add this link for how to extract the sounds from BF2 (you will need to be able to play OGG files for a lot of the game sounds)

Link

OGG Player
Hey Maelstrom - where did you get your basic knife badge? From :bag: ? I'm just curious because I'd like to get it without paying a visit to :bag: and would like some advice on how you got it.Other than the basic knife, I'm just missing the basic aviator that I'm sure I can get if I really wanted to.

TIA.

- snip -
Hey Maelstrom - where did you get your basic knife badge? From :bag: ? I'm just curious because I'd like to get it without paying a visit to :bag: and would like some advice on how you got it.Other than the basic knife, I'm just missing the basic aviator that I'm sure I can get if I really wanted to.

TIA.
No :bag: servers here - I visited one very briefly when I first heard about them just to satisfy my curiosity, but spent all of about 5 minutes there maybe. No knife or pistol badge while there either.I just ran around Karkand as MEC (near Hotel at start of round) with my knife out and tried to come up behind people. Anytime I saw someone and they didn't see me first I would sprint after them and try to knife them in the back :ph34r: Also, use your minimap when a UAV is active, and look for the guys coming up to the corners of the alleys. I would look for a red dot coming towards the corner, wait by the corner, and jump them as soon as they were in sight, knifing away. Some people managed to dodge and shoot me, but I got enough kills to get the badge. Not sure how I will manage the 18IAR, but I'm not near that yet.

Sniper and Medic are good classes to use - Sniper has the longest sprint, I think, so you can catch a guy that is running away and not looking behind him. Medic you can heal yourself, but to be honest, you can forget about a good K/D ratio when trying this, most likely. Also, don't try the frontal assult, try to get around behind the attackers and attack from behind.

I didn't have much success finding snipers and sneaking up on them, although I've read that is a good tactic. Support guys who are prone and shooting their machine guns are also good targets if you can sneak up behind them.

Last edited by a moderator:
find a guy who is away from his keyboard and stab him 7 times.

Not like ive done it or anything :unsure:

seriously though, i only stabbed that guy 3 of the 7

I got my Basic Pistol last night playing a SF map!  :excited: Drumroll . . . .

That is my last Basic award needed, now to work on the veteran awards, or just  . . . gasp . . . play for fun. 

- snip -

TIA.
No :bag: servers here - I visited one very briefly when I first heard about them just to satisfy my curiosity, but spent all of about 5 minutes there maybe. No knife or pistol badge while there either.I just ran around Karkand as MEC (near Hotel at start of round) with my knife out and tried to come up behind people. Anytime I saw someone and they didn't see me first I would sprint after them and try to knife them in the back :ph34r: Also, use your minimap when a UAV is active, and look for the guys coming up to the corners of the alleys. I would look for a red dot coming towards the corner, wait by the corner, and jump them as soon as they were in sight, knifing away. Some people managed to dodge and shoot me, but I got enough kills to get the badge. Not sure how I will manage the 18IAR, but I'm not near that yet.

Sniper and Medic are good classes to use - Sniper has the longest sprint, I think, so you can catch a guy that is running away and not looking behind him. Medic you can heal yourself, but to be honest, you can forget about a good K/D ratio when trying this, most likely. Also, don't try the frontal assult, try to get around behind the attackers and attack from behind.

I didn't have much success finding snipers and sneaking up on them, although I've read that is a good tactic. Support guys who are prone and shooting their machine guns are also good targets if you can sneak up behind them.
:thumbup: - Very solid info. I never thought to just wait around the corner for them to come to me.I'm more than willing to take the hit on the K/D ratio. All I need to make it up is one APC/Tank, one round, and a 64-player Karkand map :excited:

the first spec ops unlock is my favorite gun. it lacks a little firepower up close, but its very very accurate and has very little recoil. It just fits my style of play perfectly.

Finally finished my hours for veteran support combat. Now im just a few hours from combat infantry medal, the navy cross and the golden scimitar.

gonna start my sniper hours now. i think most of them will be spent tank whoring or commanding, as i dont have the patience or playing style to rack up respectable scores sniping.
:goodposting:

find a guy who is away from his keyboard and stab him 7 times.

Not like ive done it or anything :unsure:

seriously though, i only stabbed that guy 3 of the 7
That's how I got it, right after TLEF suggested the method. :thumbup:

- snip -

TIA.

I didn't use any :bag: servers either. I got my knife on the first try at Sharqi, if you can get behind all the snipers you are golden. It took 2 tries on Sharqi for my pistol badge, pretty much same method.Played with mooks tonight, I'll be back on later.

Didn't realize we had so many BF2 players on the board.

Cocheeze

Just wanted yall to recognize the name when I shoot you in the face! :P

What servers does everyone play on? I'm usually on IHOP or Cainslair.
That should be everyone.

Didn't realize we had so many BF2 players on the board.

Cocheeze

Just wanted yall to recognize the name when I shoot you in the face! :P

What servers does everyone play on? I'm usually on IHOP or Cainslair.
That should be everyone.
holy hell, Cocheese - 441 for best round? Armor whore much?

So is everyone happy? Mad Cow got off his lazy ### and actually did the leg work himself. ;)

gg guys. Sorry i ended up on the other team. Also, playing classes you arent good at gets alot harder at night. Plus, my team sucked, so we lost our tank spawn in the first 2 minutes.

I really hate 64 player karkand for that. Makes it almost impossble for the MEC to defend both the hotel and the back island. Any decent US team can run right over them with a little organization.

gg guys. Sorry i ended up on the other team. Also, playing classes you arent good at gets alot harder at night. Plus, my team sucked, so we lost our tank spawn in the first 2 minutes.

I really hate 64 player karkand for that. Makes it almost impossble for the MEC to defend both the hotel and the back island. Any decent US team can run right over them with a little organization.
Got to be a little fun sniping other FBGs though, eh? :rant: :P Mad Cow, I think MadViking said he plays as well, but I don't know his user name. I'll see if he posted it.

I play quite a bit too.

I'm really good at dying !!! :excited:

This is me......

VIKING1010

Shoot me when ya see me, EVERY ONE ELSE DOES.

BTW, Any of you get the Aromored Fury expansion pack? Its fun to run the enemy over on the freeway with your jeep.
bump for Mad Cow

Got to be a little fun sniping other FBGs though, eh? :rant: :P Mad Cow, I think MadViking said he plays as well, but I don't know his user name. I'll see if he posted it.
yeah, i think i did snipe one of ya out of the gunner seat of a tank. that was quite sweet :boxing:

Users who are viewing this thread