Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mad Cow

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread

just spent a few rounds commanding to get away with the frustration of sniping. God is it boring. I cant understand how people can have hundreds of hours commanding. I need action, not playing command and conquer with soldiers that wont listen.

just spent a few rounds commanding to get away with the frustration of sniping. God is it boring. I cant understand how people can have hundreds of hours commanding. I need action, not playing command and conquer with soldiers that wont listen.

It's good points though.

I was checking out my info on bf2s.com and according to them I have met the requirements for the Far East Service Ribbon, and Middle East Service Ribbon. But they haven't been awarded yet. Do I need to make Sergeant first?

LINK

It's good points though.

very good points, and easy medals. I think ill be passing my anti tank hours this way, even though it is kind of boring

I think I'm burnt out of Bf2. The last few nights, since getting 1stSgt, I haven't really been motivated to play. I have played, but my stats have sucked and I'm just interested in trying hard.

Maybe I need a change of scenery for a little while.

I think I'm burnt out of Bf2. The last few nights, since getting 1stSgt, I haven't really been motivated to play. I have played, but my stats have sucked and I'm just interested in trying hard.

This is the first online FPS I ever really played, and I have wondered about what else is out there. You have Quake Wars in the fall, but CNUTZ has been pimping that other online FPS, Something Assault which is due out very soon.

This is the first online FPS I ever really played, and I have wondered about what else is out there. You have Quake Wars in the fall, but CNUTZ has been pimping that other online FPS, Something Assault which is due out very soon.

Armed Assault.

The thing is, I download games for a trial run, and I just can't find anything I'd rather play right now.

I *DO* want to get in at the ground level of whatever the next big thing is.

Were it not for points and the award system I might not have played BF2 for this long.

Armed Assault.

The thing is, I download games for a trial run, and I just can't find anything I'd rather play right now.

Were it not for points and the award system I might not have played BF2 for this long.

BF2142 :thumbup:

Armed Assault.

:goodposting: Here is a link to a preview on gamespot Edited by Mooks77

Armed Assault.

:goodposting: Here is a link to a preview on gamespot

There's been little printed about 2142 that I have not yet read :)

So far, the joystick has made it MUCH MUCH easier to stay alive in the jet, but it's really not helping me get kills. I went like 10-3 in Wake today, but two of the deaths were on the deck waiting for a jet at the beginning of the round.

When you pull into a tight inside turn as the badguy paints you up, you can pretty much avoid being hit by missiles, you just stay in that turn until he gives up on you.

It's good to map external view keys to somewhere close by so you can see when the bogie breaks contact.

awards ive gotten in the last 24 hours

Veteran Sniper

Veteran Knife

Anti Air ribbon

Legion of Merit Ribbon

Multiple stars

I rock

edit to add veteran air defense badge, which didnt show up in round but is in my stats. I actually managed a silver star on dragon valley without using a chopper or plane. All my air defense kills came from the AA emplacements, not the vehicle. Im thoroughly impressed with myself.

Edited by TLEF316

awards ive gotten in the last 24 hours

Veteran Sniper

Veteran Knife

Anti Air ribbon

Legion of Merit Ribbon

Multiple stars

I rock

I haven't gotten anything lately, but I'm hitting 250 hours tonight or tomorrow so I can try for Good Conduct Medal (27 kills with NO team damage of any kind). I'll also hit 15 hours with SpecOps in a day or two so I can get Veteran SpecOps. That'll make me eligible for Sergeant Major. Then it's Medic Whore 29000 points.

6 more hours of MEC and I get Golden Scimitar.

Combat Action Medal is a silly medal. Need 250 hours and 33 Minutes in a round, and then, oh just 25,000 kills!!!!

Sae with Medal of Valor. 250 hours. Okay. 5000 driver special ability points, sheesh. 30,000 Team Points!!!!! Not to mention 1,000 flag defense points which are almost arbritrary.

Edited by Gator Shawn

my next goals are another 10 hours as anti tank (mostly commander) and then 15 hours of engy tank whoring. That will get me all my veteran infantry badges.

After that, i may start medic whoring for sargent major or working towards some armor medals.

Edited by TLEF316

my next goals are another 10 hours as anti tank (mostly commander) and then 15 hours of engy tank whoring. That will get me all my veteran infantry badges.

After that, i may start medic whoring for sargent major or working towards some armor medals.

Same here. I need veteran explosives to complete my infantry veteran badges.

I right actually work on my badges and ribbons in SF. Got to be a good map to whore points there.

Looks like CNUTZ is working on some badges of his own:

[FHA]CNUTZ KNIFE AND PISTOL ONLY OR BAN 85.17.36.160:16567 Strike At Karkand 30/32

:lmao:

I right actually work on my badges and ribbons in SF. Got to be a good map to whore points there.

warlord and ghost town are both great maps, but i doubt i have the desire to play 50 hrs as any of those armies. if it werent for the performance hit, id play SF alot more.

I right actually work on my badges and ribbons in SF.  Got to be a good map to whore points there.

warlord and ghost town are both great maps, but i doubt i have the desire to play 50 hrs as any of those armies. if it werent for the performance hit, id play SF alot more.

Performance hit? You mean you point production or the game is actually slower?

no, i mean the framerate slowdown that comes with SF. Basically have to drop all your graphics settings down a notch to get the same performance out of your system.

I was up playing last night around 2:00 am to 4:00 am (my ribs are in such bad shape that I couldn't sleep :cry: and the meds were not helping) and I was just getting frustrated as I got punished for team killing by a jerk.

Tank comes down a road, I sneak in behind it and plant my C4s on it. It drives away and I blow it up, but the resulting boom takes out one of my guys and they punish me for it. I mean if you are standing that close to an enemy tank, bad things may happen to you...

Short of someone shooting me in the back, I never punish anyone and I can't believe I get hit for that....

Dang, I need to get on one of these nights. Maybe tomorrow.

I right actually work on my badges and ribbons in SF.  Got to be a good map to whore points there.

no, i mean the framerate slowdown that comes with SF. Basically have to drop all your graphics settings down a notch to get the same performance out of your system.

<johnnycarson>I did not know that<johnnycarson> Edited by Gator Shawn

Looks like CNUTZ is working on some badges of his own:

[FHA]CNUTZ KNIFE AND PISTOL ONLY OR BAN 85.17.36.160:16567 Strike At Karkand 30/32

:lmao:

LOL. Actaually I already have the vet of each. I just wanted to knife fight. I only played 1 round then went to the Iowa Cubs game. I gave up on badges awhile ago. I don't play enough to worry about them anymore. Plus, Armed ASsault will be out soon and BF2 will be a distant memory for me. Edited by CNUTZ

i am the greatest commander ever. that is all

Do you use VOIP?

Are you getting ready to play?

I've got a round or two in me before the kids go to bed.

Do you use VOIP?

I've got a round or 6 in me AFTER the kids go to bed.

Do you use VOIP?

dont need it. im that good

Do you use VOIP?

I've got a round or 6 in me AFTER the kids go to bed.

I might be in for that.

Bastards starting without me:

=FBG= cooleyo 	 Day After Tomorrow Ranked Server 	 63.209.34.132:16567 	 Dalian Plant 	 40/40 	 [FHA]CNUTZ  Day After Tomorrow Ranked Server  63.209.34.132:16567  Dalian Plant  40/40  =FBG= Meat99  KARKAND 24/7 ]ESF[ CLAN  72.232.1.20:16567  Strike At Karkand  59/64  =FBG= RipVanStamp  Day After Tomorrow Ranked Server  63.209.34.132:16567  Dalian Plant  40/40  =FBG= GS_0811  Day After Tomorrow Ranked Server  63.209.34.132:16567  Dalian Plant  40/40  VIKING1010  -=CCC=- Frathouse Ranked ALL MAPS  69.31.96.68:16567  Wake Island 2007  1/40  =BFL= Cdhoops23  24/7 Karkand : VETS Open  85.236.101.46:16967  Strike At Karkand  31/32
:kicksrock: Edited by Mad Cow

And screw you all for leaving before I got there, too. :hot:

Bastards starting without me:

=FBG= cooleyo  	Day After Tomorrow Ranked Server  	63.209.34.132:16567  	Dalian Plant  	40/40  	[FHA]CNUTZ  Day After Tomorrow Ranked Server  63.209.34.132:16567  Dalian Plant  40/40  =FBG= Meat99  KARKAND 24/7 ]ESF[ CLAN  72.232.1.20:16567  Strike At Karkand  59/64  =FBG= RipVanStamp  Day After Tomorrow Ranked Server  63.209.34.132:16567  Dalian Plant  40/40  =FBG= GS_0811  Day After Tomorrow Ranked Server  63.209.34.132:16567  Dalian Plant  40/40  VIKING1010  -=CCC=- Frathouse Ranked ALL MAPS  69.31.96.68:16567  Wake Island 2007  1/40  =BFL= Cdhoops23  24/7 Karkand : VETS Open  85.236.101.46:16967  Strike At Karkand  31/32  
:kicksrock:

You didn't miss much. The Missus bought me a bad ### Saitek ST290 Pro flight stick today. Spent the better part of two hour crashing helicopters and planes. (In an empty server.) Talk about a fish outta water.

Then I get the nads to try it against some competition at Sharqui and manage to die a whopping 40 times in a round. 28 of the deaths were in the chopper and the rest were trying to help my team that I basically lost the round for.

I think I had better use an alias for the Chopper practice as I could easily get to a 1/4 K/D ratio.

:bag:

If anyone is looking for another cheap copy of this, check out the eBay Circuit City thread. There are some dirt cheap copies - I have bids on 3 that I should get for around $6 each right now.

If anyone is looking for another cheap copy of this, check out the eBay Circuit City thread. There are some dirt cheap copies - I have bids on 3 that I should get for around $6 each right now.

Just bid on a copy of COD2 :thumbup:

Watch out for the shipping, acording to their shipping calculator it was over $13.00 to ship to my address :thumbdown:

Just bid on a copy of COD2 :thumbup:

Watch out for the shipping, acording to their shipping calculator it was over $13.00 to ship to my address :thumbdown:

I only got hit for $8 shipping. I picked up 2 new copies of BF2 for about $16 each after shipping. I will sell at least 1 to a friend who is looking for a copy to play with us online. Other one might go to my B-i-L who also wants to join our online forays.

Just bid on 3 more copies. :bag:

So, is this the all-time biggest PC gaming :nerd: thread here at FBG's? I am thinking :yes:

Got back on around 2AM last night EST. Go Veteran Spec Ops.

Just played a round today, against =BFL= CDHoops23 and got the Good Conduct Medal end up 30 kills and 12 deaths playing only infantry in Karkand.

That means from this day until Sergeant Major, I can play whatever kit I want at whatever time I want :)

Got back on around 2AM last night EST. Go Veteran Spec Ops.

Just played a round today, against =BFL= CDHoops23 and got the Good Conduct Medal end up 30 kills and 12 deaths playing only infantry in Karkand.

That means from this day until Sergeant Major, I can play whatever kit I want at whatever time I want :)

That statement alone solidifies you as a top 5 :nerd: here at FBG. Congrats. :thumbup:

;)

I was up playing last night around 2:00 am to 4:00 am (my ribs are in such bad shape that I couldn't sleep :cry: and the meds were not helping) and I was just getting frustrated as I got punished for team killing by a jerk.

Tank comes down a road, I sneak in behind it and plant my C4s on it. It drives away and I blow it up, but the resulting boom takes out one of my guys and they punish me for it. I mean if you are standing that close to an enemy tank, bad things may happen to you...

Short of someone shooting me in the back, I never punish anyone and I can't believe I get hit for that....

I agree, I hate it when people punish for being stupid. I was driving a tank and backing it up to avoid getting shot at by an enemy tank and I run over one of my teammates and he punishes me for it.

So, is this the all-time biggest PC gaming :nerd: thread here at FBG's? I am thinking :yes:

Glad to be a part of it, but I am losing interest as I experience more and more game performance issues. What is going to be the next big game? I checked out the Armed Assault trailer, and was not impressed. Do you guys know something I don't?

I'm going to play Half Life 2 Episode 1 for a bit, but it's hard to match the online multiplayer shooters for good gameplay.

Glad to be a part of it, but I am losing interest as I experience more and more game performance issues. What is going to be the next big game? I checked out the Armed Assault trailer, and was not impressed. Do you guys know something I don't?

I'm going to play Half Life 2 Episode 1 for a bit, but it's hard to match the online multiplayer shooters for good gameplay.

I am still such a noob at only 14K points. I still have some BF2 life in me, but what we really need is to find a good mod to jump in with.

Edit to say I have Ep 1 at home, still shrink wrapped. I am waiting to install when I redo my gaming system in the new SFF case.

We could also move to SF maps - those are really under-played.

Edited by Mad Cow

You guys realize that punishing means nothing right? It's just a counter that some servers use for kicking.

I know some of you think you lose -4 for TK and -2 for a punish, but that's not true. The reason why sometimes it seems like you lose -6 for a teamkill and sometimes only -4 is because sometimes you kill them when they were already less than 50% health. If they are at full health and you shoot them with a tank round. That's going to be -6. If they were at two bars of health and you do the same thing, that's -4 points.

That's how punishing can be optional on ranked servers. Also, that's why you don't see a stat category for punishes on Bf2s or BF2 tracker.

Edited by Gator Shawn

So, is this the all-time biggest PC gaming :nerd: thread here at FBG's?  I am thinking :yes:

Quake Wars looks cool. But frankly, the pursuit of the medals is what keeps me playing. I hope 2142 has that.

Quake Wars looks cool. But frankly, the pursuit of the medals is what keeps me playing. I hope 2142 has that.

I have no doubt it will.

Anyone in for some SF maps? It is like a whole new game with the grappling hooks and crap.

I'm hoping I get to 8K points - 1000 to go. I don't know how much beyond that and getting veteran medals this game can hold me. I still enjoy playing it, but the road to 20K is awfully long. I think the biggest thing is that it needs new maps maybe, so it's not always the same environments. It's nice to know where everything is, and some of the maps are really well done, but either the modding community needs to start releasing playable maps (not sure if that works for the ranked servers though) or EA has to do it (heard at least 1 new map is about to be released).

I'd be up for some SF play - I've barely played it since getting it, and need lots of medals and stuff over there.

I have no doubt it will.

Anyone in for some SF maps? It is like a whole new game with the grappling hooks and crap.

I haven't played SF for a while.

It was such a resource hog my old 9800 Pro could barely keep up

I haven't tried it yet with my new card so I would be glad to play just to see how my new card will handle it.

It's frightening how many hours I have sunk into this game...

No, I'm not telling, if you want to know you will have to pull up my stats :bag:

I'm hoping I get to 8K points - 1000 to go. I don't know how much beyond that and getting veteran medals this game can hold me. I still enjoy playing it, but the road to 20K is awfully long. I think the biggest thing is that it needs new maps maybe, so it's not always the same environments. It's nice to know where everything is, and some of the maps are really well done, but either the modding community needs to start releasing playable maps (not sure if that works for the ranked servers though) or EA has to do it (heard at least 1 new map is about to be released).

I'd be up for some SF play - I've barely played it since getting it, and need lots of medals and stuff over there.

You medal whores kill me. I would never have the patience to go for all of those. I am still trying to figure out a lot of the classes and enjoy it - a lot more with FBG's, but nonetheless.

And yes, the road to 20K is a long one, but join me. It was not too long ago when Shawn had fewer points than me. Now he is like 8000 ahead of me.

It's frightening how many hours I have sunk into this game...

No, I'm not telling, if you want to know you will have to pull up my stats :bag:

404.45 hours.

:mellow:

:eek: