What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (2 Viewers)

I'm hoping I get to 8K points - 1000 to go.  I don't know how much beyond that and getting veteran medals this game can hold me.  I still enjoy playing it, but the road to 20K is awfully long.  I think the biggest thing is that it needs new maps maybe, so it's not always the same environments.  It's nice to know where everything is, and some of the maps are really well done, but either the modding community needs to start releasing playable maps (not sure if that works for the ranked servers though) or EA has to do it (heard at least 1 new map is about to be released).

I'd be up for some SF play - I've barely played it since getting it, and need lots of medals and stuff over there.
You medal whores kill me. I would never have the patience to go for all of those. I am still trying to figure out a lot of the classes and enjoy it - a lot more with FBG's, but nonetheless.And yes, the road to 20K is a long one, but join me. It was not too long ago when Shawn had fewer points than me. Now he is like 8000 ahead of me.
But that's what the badge and medal whoring does. I have had to invest quality time into each kit. 15 hours. I still suck with C4, but I can hold my own with almost every other kit. Frankly, with AT, I've gotten deadly. Were it not for badges, I would probably just play engineer and medic.

So, is this the all-time biggest PC gaming :nerd: thread here at FBG's?  I am thinking :yes:
Glad to be a part of it, but I am losing interest as I experience more and more game performance issues. What is going to be the next big game? I checked out the Armed Assault trailer, and was not impressed. Do you guys know something I don't?I'm going to play Half Life 2 Episode 1 for a bit, but it's hard to match the online multiplayer shooters for good gameplay.
I am still such a noob at only 14K points. I still have some BF2 life in me, but what we really need is to find a good mod to jump in with.Edit to say I have Ep 1 at home, still shrink wrapped. I am waiting to install when I redo my gaming system in the new SFF case.

We could also move to SF maps - those are really under-played.
I would love to play SF. Lots of badges and medals to earn there :)

I'm hoping I get to 8K points - 1000 to go.  I don't know how much beyond that and getting veteran medals this game can hold me.  I still enjoy playing it, but the road to 20K is awfully long.  I think the biggest thing is that it needs new maps maybe, so it's not always the same environments.  It's nice to know where everything is, and some of the maps are really well done, but either the modding community needs to start releasing playable maps (not sure if that works for the ranked servers though) or EA has to do it (heard at least 1 new map is about to be released).

I'd be up for some SF play - I've barely played it since getting it, and need lots of medals and stuff over there.
You medal whores kill me. I would never have the patience to go for all of those. I am still trying to figure out a lot of the classes and enjoy it - a lot more with FBG's, but nonetheless.And yes, the road to 20K is a long one, but join me. It was not too long ago when Shawn had fewer points than me. Now he is like 8000 ahead of me.
Oh, and Oblivion has a lot to do with why I'm 8K ahead of you.

I'm hoping I get to 8K points - 1000 to go. I don't know how much beyond that and getting veteran medals this game can hold me. I still enjoy playing it, but the road to 20K is awfully long. I think the biggest thing is that it needs new maps maybe, so it's not always the same environments. It's nice to know where everything is, and some of the maps are really well done, but either the modding community needs to start releasing playable maps (not sure if that works for the ranked servers though) or EA has to do it (heard at least 1 new map is about to be released).

Actually, my kids and wife have more to do with that. That, and your ability to play for 5 hours during work, too. ;)

Actually, my kids and wife have more to do with that. That, and your ability to play for 5 hours during work, too. ;)
What's with the wife and kids crack? When I first started playing, you were on every night. Then you stopped. I didn't. End result, I'm ahead of you now. It's not something I'm proud or ashamed of, it just *is*.Enough of the playing while I'm at work stuff, too. Yeah, I get in a few rounds many work days. You never take breaks? I was just elected to go to a Leadership Program (which is where I go when I'm out of town) which is grooming for upper management. They didn't give that to me because I don't produce results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping I get to 8K points - 1000 to go. I don't know how much beyond that and getting veteran medals this game can hold me. I still enjoy playing it, but the road to 20K is awfully long. I think the biggest thing is that it needs new maps maybe, so it's not always the same environments. It's nice to know where everything is, and some of the maps are really well done, but either the modding community needs to start releasing playable maps (not sure if that works for the ranked servers though) or EA has to do it (heard at least 1 new map is about to be released).

What's with the wife and kids crack? When I first started playing, you were on every night. Then you stopped. I didn't. End result, I'm ahead of you now. It's not something I'm proud or ashamed of, it just *is*.
Just that there have been increased needs with my family lately - that is all I am saying, my brutha.

What's with the wife and kids crack? When I first started playing, you were on every night. Then you stopped. I didn't. End result, I'm ahead of you now. It's not something I'm proud or ashamed of, it just *is*.Enough of the playing while I'm at work stuff, too. Yeah, I get in a few rounds many work days. You never take breaks? I was just elected to go to a Leadership Program (which is where I go when I'm out of town) which is grooming for upper management. They didn't give that to me because I don't produce results.
Dang, you either have had too much coffee today or you need to have more. Not sure which.

Dang, you either have had too much coffee today or you need to have more. Not sure which.
It sounded like you were suggesting I sacrifice my family for this game or something. Which is absurd. But if you weren't, that's cool.

It sounded like you were suggesting I sacrifice my family for this game or something. Which is absurd. But if you weren't, that's cool.
No, I was merely stating that I needed more time with my kids and wife. Nothing more or less. I don't have a history of flaming on these boards. I will take a fun dig now and then, but I don't mean to offend.

Next Rank: Gunnery Sergeant93.91%Score: 7,513 of 8,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 487 in 24 days (or 08:04:17 straight).
24 more days man, 24 more days!! OhYEA baby!

Next Rank: Gunnery Sergeant

93.91%

Score: 7,513 of 8,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 487 in 24 days (or 08:04:17 straight).
It tells me I will need like 300 more days for my next promotion. :bag:

its pouring rain here in NJ, so i will be on tonight. Im actually starting a part time job tomorrow, so my weekday time will go down. Still hoping to get to Sargent Major at some point

Shawn - question for you - how do you go about connecting the heat sensors for the chipset and CPU? It did not come with any instructions - just those wires with the flat metal ends.

Shawn - question for you - how do you go about connecting the heat sensors for the chipset and CPU? It did not come with any instructions - just those wires with the flat metal ends.
I attached the CPU lead into the quicksilver when I mounted the heatsink onto the CPU. Fortunately, I did all mine at once.I just taped the HDD lead onto the hard disk with a small piece of electrical tape.

its pouring rain here in NJ, so i will be on tonight. Im actually starting a part time job tomorrow, so my weekday time will go down. Still hoping to get to Sargent Major at some point
I'm considering playing SF only for a week or so.

I attached the CPU lead into the quicksilver when I mounted the heatsink onto the CPU. Fortunately, I did all mine at once.I just taped the HDD lead onto the hard disk with a small piece of electrical tape.
Interesting. I got on their website and they say to tape it to the CPU heatsink and HDD, though I am going to attach it to the GPU instead of HDD. HDD temps mean almost nothing compared to CPU, Chipset and GPU. The only problem I see if adding it between CPU and heatsink is loss of cooling ability, which would be big if overclocking.

I'm considering playing SF only for a week or so.
Sounds good to me. I have so little experience. I do like Mass Destruction, though.Edit to say - you know what would be awesome? Recreate original BF2 maps for SF, like Karkand, Sharqii or Mashtuur.

word, i just downloaded TS again and it ain't workin.... i get an "error" when trying to connect (my first time using it in a WHILE< had to reinstall)

Guys,

Try replacing the ts.fraghaus.com with the IP 209.240.25.10. If for some reason DNS is down the ts.fraghaus.com link won't work. However, that is what I had in my setup and I conneted. I guess it could have went down after I connected though too. :shrug:

I will check the thread after work tonight to see if you guys still had issues.

Played a little bit of a game called Titan Quest last night. Clone of Diablo 2 but considerably better graphics and not some of the annoyances of Diablo 2 (such as weapons don't degrade over time, or not so I have seen so far).

It pooped out on me after 3 levels, but heh, that may be because of the source of my copy. I think I'm going to go buy it today and play it through. Give myself a break from BF2.

Played a little bit of a game called Titan Quest last night. Clone of Diablo 2 but considerably better graphics and not some of the annoyances of Diablo 2 (such as weapons don't degrade over time, or not so I have seen so far).

It pooped out on me after 3 levels, but heh, that may be because of the source of my copy. I think I'm going to go buy it today and play it through. Give myself a break from BF2.
Oblivion down? Seriously, give it a try. You will love it.

Hmm, Titan Quest got a 7.6 from Gamespot, but the 15 reader reviews were all over 9 except 1, which was a 4. Interesting.

Hmm, Titan Quest got a 7.6 from Gamespot, but the 15 reader reviews were all over 9 except 1, which was a 4. Interesting.
I can't get on to see the review at work -- what did they cite as the 'downfalls' of the game? Anything similar to D2 = $$ in my book.

I played the hell out of Elder Scrolls and found it too open ended. I like to be led along to a certain extent. Plus, the depth of the game was in areas I'm not particularily interested in (spells, scrolls, potions, etc.)

Hmm, Titan Quest got a 7.6 from Gamespot, but the 15 reader reviews were all over 9 except 1, which was a 4.  Interesting.
I can't get on to see the review at work -- what did they cite as the 'downfalls' of the game? Anything similar to D2 = $$ in my book.
Pros: Superlative character development, gorgeous visuals, and thoroughly addicting gameplay Cons: No secure character storage for online multiplayer

They gave it 4.5 stars.

It's just like Diablo 2 or Dungeon Siege. More like Dungeon Siege in that you develop your character as you going along instead of just gaining skills at a given level, you can invest in certain paths.

I played the hell out of Elder Scrolls and found it too open ended. I like to be led along to a certain extent. Plus, the depth of the game was in areas I'm not particularily interested in (spells, scrolls, potions, etc.)
Oblivion is a huge upgrade over Morrowind in terms of content, but also guiding you and helping you find the way.

93.91%

Score: 7,513 of 8,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 487 in 24 days (or 08:04:17 straight).
Now this is bad:Score: 7,219 of 8,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 781 in 8 days (or 12:40:54 straight).

12 hours in 8 days - you'd think I play every night or something :P

Oh, and MC - I'm not sick of the game yet by any means. It's still got some life for me, and I'll work towards 20K, but I'll probably slow down a bit. I have some other things that are gonna start taking up more of my computer time coming up also.

93.91%

Now this is bad:Score: 7,219 of 8,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 781 in 8 days (or 12:40:54 straight).

Oh, and MC - I'm not sick of the game yet by any means. It's still got some life for me, and I'll work towards 20K, but I'll probably slow down a bit. I have some other things that are gonna start taking up more of my computer time coming up also.
I'm with you Maelstrom. It helps that I haven't played in almost a week though. I should have some time to play tonight, if not tomorrow.

I still am a newcomer to this game relatively speaking. Heck, I haven't bought Special Forces yet.

I will say that it seems the level of cheaters is increasing a bit and that might be something that totally turns me off the game. Until then, I plan on keeping going.

I am leaving for Vegas next week and I might pick up SF when I get back, so maybe I can join you all for some of that action.

93.91%

What games? For me, come the fall I have NWN2 and Total War 2.

I will say I enjoy TeamSpeak in games, so I'm definitely keeping my eye out for the next big thing.

I did buy Titan Quest tonight after tee-ball practice. Installing it shortly. Probably won't play multi-player because I HATED Diablo 2 multi-player and the rampant cheating that they had.

I will say I enjoy TeamSpeak in games, so I'm definitely keeping my eye out for the next big thing.

I did buy Titan Quest tonight after tee-ball practice. Installing it shortly. Probably won't play multi-player because I HATED Diablo 2 multi-player and the rampant cheating that they had.
Team Speak is the thing for me. I had the game and hardly played it until this thread, I wouldn't have played it without friends to chat with.I would be up for a Diablo 2 type game (only played online once), but I don't want to do the WoW where you have a monthly fee, that kinda sucks. As far as FPS, I prefer things that are more realistic, i.e. like BF2 and not super futuristic stuff, like 2142 appears it will be. Anyway, I hope we keep playing this, it'd be cool to always work as a unit. Let me know what everyone's looking at though and I'll check it out as well.

Team Speak is the thing for me. I had the game and hardly played it until this thread, I wouldn't have played it without friends to chat with.I would be up for a Diablo 2 type game (only played online once), but I don't want to do the WoW where you have a monthly fee, that kinda sucks. As far as FPS, I prefer things that are more realistic, i.e. like BF2 and not super futuristic stuff, like 2142 appears it will be. Anyway, I hope we keep playing this, it'd be cool to always work as a unit. Let me know what everyone's looking at though and I'll check it out as well.
Same here. Although it' a :nerd: thing, I consider you guys my gaming club. Much like a Book of the Month club. I don't mind buying games, because as I have mentioned before, I download copies of games from newsgroups before I buy them, so I never buy a stinker.

93.91%

What games? For me, come the fall I have NWN2 and Total War 2.
I wish it was new games. I'll keep playing BF2 and watching what the new games being played here are. I like the TS aspect as well.Since I don't have a successful eye doctor business :P , I have to start working on a couple of business ideas, and the time has to come from somewhere. Boring, I know. :yawn:

2142 promises points and ranking like BF2. In addition, squad play gets increased points earning vs lone wolf. See the latest at gamespot.com.

Same here. Although it' a :nerd: thing, I consider you guys my gaming club. Much like a Book of the Month club. I don't mind buying games, because as I have mentioned before, I download copies of games from newsgroups before I buy them, so I never buy a stinker.
:wub:

I will say this - for an RPG Guild Wars has no monthly fee, the graphics are amazing, and there is no monthly fee. Oh, and there is no monthly fee.

I will say this - for an RPG Guild Wars has no monthly fee, the graphics are amazing, and there is no monthly fee. Oh, and there is no monthly fee.
Solid game... I don't remember why i stopped playing it actually... I think because I never EVER found decent items.

Solid game... I don't remember why i stopped playing it actually... I think because I never EVER found decent items.
lolThat is true. I actually partied up with actual people once, and we pretty much rolled over the bad guys and I got a crapload of good stuff.

I loved the game while I played it, and even hooked up with Zippy once to help him out, but it has been a while. Very solid game there.

MC, didn't we do a NWN module or two in the beginning? Vaguely remember something of that sort...
Yep - we originally just had all the FBG's doing a module of 2. After that, we split up into East and West because you East ####### couldn't stay up late enough to get anything done. ;)

Titan Quest is a beeyooty. This is the first game I've ever played from Day 1. Fun to not have trainers and cheat codes available.

Team Speak is the thing for me. I had the game and hardly played it until this thread, I wouldn't have played it without friends to chat with.
Same here. Although it' a :nerd: thing, I consider you guys my gaming club. Much like a Book of the Month club.
:goodposting: :wub: :blush:

I am trying to play Oblivion also but when I see Cooleyo/GS/Maelstrom on TS I can't resist joining for a few rounds.

If it wouldn't be for TS I would be playing a lot more Oblivion and a lot less BF2. :hophead:

Users who are viewing this thread