What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

:obsessedwithbadges :bag:

Does anybody have an Expert Badge??

I thought I would get on last night but I didn't. I thought I had the time requirements met for the Engineering Combat Badge and I got 53 kills in my last Karkand round but I didn't get the badge :cry:

Don't know how soon I will get 40+ killls in one round again
Um, you were on last night?Oh, you mean you would get the Expert Engineering badge? :hophead:

That was a dang good round last night. 2 FBG's over 100 and another almost there. Armor whoring at its finest. The EGO clan was cool with us running armor while they ran infantry, though I have to say they were crap for armor support as teh infantry.
:thumbup:
The going was a little spotty at first when we had no commander and the USMC did, but as soon as the new guy jumped in as commander, we pretty much ran them back off the map.

I thought I would get on last night but I didn't. I thought I had the time requirements met for the Engineering Combat Badge and I got 53 kills in my last Karkand round but I didn't get the badge :cry:

I have Expert Air Defense. BF2S Link

I got it on a Dragon Valley in the Lineback with a commander who was giving me regular drops. I pounded everything that came towards me and had two crates at a time usually protecting me.

All you need is 22 kills in a round in AA or Mobile AA.
No hours requirement?Ah, I see the answer is no. Another good map for that might be either Op Smoke Screen or Op Road Rage.

Does anyone have any AA mobile preferences? I cannot stand the Chinese AA - drives me crazy the way that radar is in the way. Love the Linebacker. So so with the MEC version, I guess.
I thought it was the MEC mobile AA that had the radar in the way :shrug:
I cannot remember. I think they both suck pretty bad.

:obsessedwithbadges  :bag:

I thought I would get on last night but I didn't.  I thought I had the time requirements met for the Engineering Combat Badge and I got 53 kills in my last Karkand round but I didn't get the badge  :cry:

I got it on a Dragon Valley in the Lineback with a commander who was giving me regular drops. I pounded everything that came towards me and had two crates at a time usually protecting me.

No hours requirement?Ah, I see the answer is no. Another good map for that might be either Op Smoke Screen or Op Road Rage.

Does anyone have any AA mobile preferences? I cannot stand the Chinese AA - drives me crazy the way that radar is in the way. Love the Linebacker. So so with the MEC version, I guess.
He's right. The MEC Mobile AA has the Radar in the way. The interesting thing is, you don't even have RADAR in the Mobile AA, but yet the vehicle has to have it's ####### bulbous nose in the way.The thing I had the most about all of the AA vehicles (and it's my favorite vehicle to play in the game) is that the hud is awful when looking into the sky. The hud works great in contrast with the ground, but not with the sky and we can't change it at all.

He's right. The MEC Mobile AA has the Radar in the way. The interesting thing is, you don't even have RADAR in the Mobile AA, but yet the vehicle has to have it's ####### bulbous nose in the way.The thing I had the most about all of the AA vehicles (and it's my favorite vehicle to play in the game) is that the hud is awful when looking into the sky. The hud works great in contrast with the ground, but not with the sky and we can't change it at all.
I love AA vs infantry. They oVVnsor.

I thought I would get on last night but I didn't.  I thought I had the time requirements met for the Engineering Combat Badge and I got 53 kills in my last Karkand round but I didn't get the badge  :cry:

I think I might have to play BF2 tonight instead of Titan Quest.

lolHow goes the Titan Questing?

lolHow goes the Titan Questing?
It's great, beat the game on normal dificulty with two different builds. Moving into Epic difficulty with the second caster (spirit/storm).

Anyone have any luck running BF2 on a laptop? I am on the road most of this week and next and would love to while away some time blowing stuff up and killing people.

I remember someone mentioning the occaisional crash to the desktop right after the map loaded and you get to pick what kit you want to use.

Whoever it was, were you able to fix it? I don't feel like skimming through 70+ pages... help a brotha out.

It happened to me last night when trying the >NN< server, but when I tried getting into it again right after... no problems :shrug: . Go figure.

I remember someone mentioning the occaisional crash to the desktop right after the map loaded and you get to pick what kit you want to use.

Whoever it was, were you able to fix it? I don't feel like skimming through 70+ pages... help a brotha out.

It happened to me last night when trying the >NN< server, but when I tried getting into it again right after... no problems :shrug: . Go figure.
Update Punkbuster

Anyone have any luck running BF2 on a laptop? I am on the road most of this week and next and would love to while away some time blowing stuff up and killing people.
What chu got in your laptop? I can run it OK with medium settings (I have not tried high to be honest) with my Dell 9300 - Centrino 1.72, 2 GB RAM and a vanilla NVidia 6800 Go card (not the Ultra). The RAM and video card are gonna be the determining factors here.

Hey, general question. Bought BF2 deluxe yesterday, and in the process of installing now.

Long-time player of Counter-strike/Day of defeat. The installation wanted me to install Gamespy Arcade to find games online. PLEASE tell me this isn't required to find servers online! Half-life had a built-in search tool, I'm hoping BF2 will also.

Additionally, what other software do you run - anti-cheat, VOIP, etc. - that you find helpful.

I'll probably play single player first to learn the controls and get a feel for the weapons.

See y'all soon.

It was me...I updated Punkbuster, but I also found that it helps to count to like 20 when the join server button appears before you click it.

That seems to have helped all the problems.

Whoever it was, were you able to fix it?  I don't feel like skimming through 70+ pages... help a brotha out.

It happened to me last night when trying the >NN< server, but when I tried getting into it again right after... no problems :shrug: .  Go figure.
Update Punkbuster
Thanks MC, :thumbup: - I'll give it a shot tonight (if I can find some time).I'm getting married this weekend, so I've been having difficulties finding time to play. I've just been settling for the occasional 30-45 minute teasers here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, general question. Bought BF2 deluxe yesterday, and in the process of installing now.

Long-time player of Counter-strike/Day of defeat. The installation wanted me to install Gamespy Arcade to find games online. PLEASE tell me this isn't required to find servers online! Half-life had a built-in search tool, I'm hoping BF2 will also.

Additionally, what other software do you run - anti-cheat, VOIP, etc. - that you find helpful.

I'll probably play single player first to learn the controls and get a feel for the weapons.

See y'all soon.
No, it is not required. The in-game server finding is just fine.As for other software, you have to have Punkbuster to run it. The game has VOIP, but we use Teamspeak (see the first page) and it works great for FBG forays.

It was me...I updated Punkbuster, but I also found that it helps to count to like 20 when the join server button appears before you click it.

I have also had isolated instances of this happening, but nothing too bad. It usually resolves itself. Try updating PB - that usually works fine.

Whoever it was, were you able to fix it?  I don't feel like skimming through 70+ pages... help a brotha out.

It happened to me last night when trying the >NN< server, but when I tried getting into it again right after... no problems :shrug: .  Go figure.

Thanks CJ.I can probably count on one hand the amount of times it's happened to me since I bought the game, but it's happened to me once the last two times I've played.

I doubt I'll have time tonight to play, but I'll def do the punkbuster update.

Thanks CJ.I can probably count on one hand the amount of times it's happened to me since I bought the game, but it's happened to me once the last two times I've played.

I doubt I'll have time tonight to play, but I'll def do the punkbuster update.
You can DL a new copy of pbupdate.exe if need be.

i've been swamped with school work - last class is Tues, and we had mucho important assignments due, and our team got a little behind.

Anyone wants to comment, the site our group created is here:

LINK

While I can't take much credit for the design, I did most of the coding. Kinda sloppy due to the time frames I had to work with.

i played like crap tonight. couldnt get any decent tanking going. Im getting ok with the shot gun, but i didnt play any karkand, so it didnt help much. Im too tired of staring a screen now. Ill be on tomorrow, since its my day off.

If any of you are interested in Star Wars Galaxies, they have now released the server files so it's not pay to play anymore. Fraghaus is working on getting a server together for our community. You all are welcome to play as well if you want a change from BF2 FPS.

From BigQEd:FragHaus announces that we have begun a SWG EMU project. We have hopes of bringing back the days of Old from Pre-CU Valcyn. We will be welcoming all past Valcynites to the community and hope everyone spreads the word of this project.At this time we are not asking for ANY donations (FragHaus never has). We have ample bandwidth and resources for this project (more than any other SWGEMU currently being planned).We sure had a lot of fun back in the old days of SWG (Pre-CU). We hope to bring that back to Valcyn Reborn. We plan to have a fair balance to the game (Rebels and Imperials alike... low numbers of Jedi and many BH's to keep them in check). Let's do this the RIGHT way. We plan to make sure that people keep it clean (absolutely NO cheating) and we want to fix a few minor things that were a balance issue in Pre-CU that SOE just simply over looked and ignored in their quest towards the NGE. We will get into that as time moves on...

If any of you are interested in Star Wars Galaxies, they have now released the server files so it's not pay to play anymore. Fraghaus is working on getting a server together for our community. You all are welcome to play as well if you want a change from BF2 FPS.

From BigQEd:

FragHaus announces that we have begun a SWG EMU project. We have hopes of bringing back the days of Old from Pre-CU Valcyn. We will be welcoming all past Valcynites to the community and hope everyone spreads the word of this project.

At this time we are not asking for ANY donations (FragHaus never has).  We have ample bandwidth and resources for this project (more than any other SWGEMU currently being planned).

We sure had a lot of fun back in the old days of SWG (Pre-CU). We hope to bring that back to Valcyn Reborn. We plan to have a fair balance to the game (Rebels and Imperials alike... low numbers of Jedi and many BH's to keep them in check). Let's do this the RIGHT way.  We plan to make sure that people keep it clean (absolutely NO cheating) and we want to fix a few minor things that were a balance issue in Pre-CU that SOE just simply over looked and ignored in their quest towards the NGE. We will get into that as time moves on...
Characters aren't portable are they? So you start a new character on that server and everyone starts out the same?

From BigQEd:

FragHaus announces that we have begun a SWG EMU project. We have hopes of bringing back the days of Old from Pre-CU Valcyn. We will be welcoming all past Valcynites to the community and hope everyone spreads the word of this project.

At this time we are not asking for ANY donations (FragHaus never has). We have ample bandwidth and resources for this project (more than any other SWGEMU currently being planned).

We sure had a lot of fun back in the old days of SWG (Pre-CU). We hope to bring that back to Valcyn Reborn. We plan to have a fair balance to the game (Rebels and Imperials alike... low numbers of Jedi and many BH's to keep them in check). Let's do this the RIGHT way. We plan to make sure that people keep it clean (absolutely NO cheating) and we want to fix a few minor things that were a balance issue in Pre-CU that SOE just simply over looked and ignored in their quest towards the NGE. We will get into that as time moves on...
Characters aren't portable are they? So you start a new character on that server and everyone starts out the same?
So'd a person would just need to buy the game to play? I've always wanted to play that game :nerd: but refused to pay the monthly fee, so never bought it.I'd definately be interested!

If any of you are interested in Star Wars Galaxies, they have now released the server files so it's not pay to play anymore.  Fraghaus is working on getting a server together for our community.  You all are welcome to play as well if you want a change from BF2 FPS.

From BigQEd:

At this time we are not asking for ANY donations (FragHaus never has).  We have ample bandwidth and resources for this project (more than any other SWGEMU currently being planned).

We sure had a lot of fun back in the old days of SWG (Pre-CU). We hope to bring that back to Valcyn Reborn. We plan to have a fair balance to the game (Rebels and Imperials alike... low numbers of Jedi and many BH's to keep them in check). Let's do this the RIGHT way.  We plan to make sure that people keep it clean (absolutely NO cheating) and we want to fix a few minor things that were a balance issue in Pre-CU that SOE just simply over looked and ignored in their quest towards the NGE. We will get into that as time moves on...
So'd a person would just need to buy the game to play? I've always wanted to play that game :nerd: but refused to pay the monthly fee, so never bought it.I'd definately be interested!
Me too, I think :)

It's my understanding that everyone will start out from scratch. Yes you just have to buy the game. No monthly fees.

If you have any questions go to Fraghaus and post in the SWG forums. I didn't play it before so I am a noob to it as well. But i think I am gonna give it a try. I am a huge SW fan.

BTW, they are developing the server now. It's not in game condition yet but being worked on all the time. They are posting updates in the forums as to their progress. If anyone if a good C++ programmer they could use the help if interested.

We sure had a lot of fun back in the old days of SWG (Pre-CU). We hope to bring that back to Valcyn Reborn. We plan to have a fair balance to the game (Rebels and Imperials alike... low numbers of Jedi and many BH's to keep them in check). Let's do this the RIGHT way. We plan to make sure that people keep it clean (absolutely NO cheating) and we want to fix a few minor things that were a balance issue in Pre-CU that SOE just simply over looked and ignored in their quest towards the NGE. We will get into that as time moves on...
Imperials..checkRebels..checkJedi..checkEverything else in this paragraph is greek to me. Wow! I really need to get my geek on. :nerd:

I haven't played, someone tell me what it's like, is it RPG or a combo RPG/FPS? I'm going to look it up now, but I'd like to know what you guys think about it. I'd be up for some playing.

I actually haven't played it either. It's a RPG with some pvp I think. I wanted to play it before but wasn't into the monthly fee. With the new EMU that isn't a road block anymore. There are alot of FH people who played the first one so this could be really fun. BigQEd has experience with running his own RPG server too as he ran one for NWN-Krynn. This could be alot of fun.

BTW, I think all you need is the starter kit with is at Amazon for like 15 bucks plus shipping or Best Buy for 20 bucks.

I actually haven't played it either. It's a RPG with some pvp I think. I wanted to play it before but wasn't into the monthly fee. With the new EMU that isn't a road block anymore. There are alot of FH people who played the first one so this could be really fun. BigQEd has experience with running his own RPG server too as he ran one for NWN-Krynn. This could be alot of fun.

BTW, I think all you need is the starter kit with is at Amazon for like 15 bucks plus shipping or Best Buy for 20 bucks.
my neighbor who is a hardcore MMO player says it's not very good. There's just nothing to do.

Could be true but what you need to know is this new EMU gives the FH devs the ability to customize it however they wish. Just because the old one wasn't exciting enough for a hard core MMO'er doesn't mean the new FH server will be the same.

All I know is there is alot of people at FH excited about this and we are getting alot of new members since Ed announced he was putting a server up. I am going to try it out and see if I like it. It was only 20 bucks at Compusa. If it sucks I will play Armed Assault when it gets released.

Can't say I would be up for SWG, and I love SW. Tried Guild Wars for a while and really like that, though.

Ok everyone, Ed has upgraded the server O/S and has reinstalled Teamspeak. Unfortunately due to some incompatibility issue we were not able to use our old Teamspeak database which held all of the channels and users. The IP is the same but you will need to make a new account when you log in, and you will notice the channel layout has changed. We are unsure of if this will stay the same or what channels will be added. Please wait many things will be redone in the next 24 hours.

From BigQEd:

played this game beta through first 6 months. Fun to mess around in the virgin days of any MMO, but quickly lost steam. This sounds interesting.

I haven't played, someone tell me what it's like, is it RPG or a combo RPG/FPS? I'm going to look it up now, but I'd like to know what you guys think about it. I'd be up for some playing.
RPG with a decent combat system (pre "Combat Upgrade"/CU). Click on various actions and special moves to fight. Huge planets "zones". Never played the space expansion but apparently there is space combat.

Lots of "crafting" with unique blueprints. Weapons, Armor, Houses, vehicles, ect.

So has anyone upgraded to the new 1.4 beta patch, or are we all still on 1.3? 1.4.2 is the new Beta patch, and I know it is adding new content. I just want to make sure I can play with my peeps. :ninja:

So has anyone upgraded to the new 1.4 beta patch, or are we all still on 1.3? 1.4.2 is the new Beta patch, and I know it is adding new content. I just want to make sure I can play with my peeps. :ninja:
The new map looks like infantry heavan...Looks like the added "No Vehicles" as a ranked server option :excited:

I think I'll wait until it hits official and is no longer a "beta" patch

o yeah. excited for the new map for sure. I will not be playing infantry only though

im not a big vehicle guy, but they are an important part of the game. i also think its a mistake making infantry only ranked. The game should be the same for everyone.

o yeah. excited for the new map for sure. I will not be playing infantry only though

im not a big vehicle guy, but they are an important part of the game. i also think its a mistake making infantry only ranked. The game should be the same for everyone.
I would have agreed up to last week, when I tried an infantry only map and had a ton of fun. I seemed to play more cautious and worked better with the team and squad. I will definitely go back to infantry only. It seems more fun to be able to defend an area when you know that you will not be stormed by 1 tank and 2 APC's, all of which are engineers healing each other, and you have no prayer.

I would have agreed up to last week, when I tried an infantry only map and had a ton of fun. I seemed to play more cautious and worked better with the team and squad. I will definitely go back to infantry only. It seems more fun to be able to defend an area when you know that you will not be stormed by 1 tank and 2 APC's, all of which are engineers healing each other, and you have no prayer.
I like the idea of infantry only as well. I think that it is fine for EA to add that as an option, since so many people want to play that way. It is still fairly realistic (although getting less so) that a real battle could include just infantry and no armor. I wonder if that literally means no vehicles, or just no armor? I would like to see no armor, but still allow the light vehicles, although since the option is "no vehicles" that is probably what that means.added:

Oh and I got my Veteran Knife badge when I loaded on yesterday!

I like the idea of infantry only as well. I think that it is fine for EA to add that as an option, since so many people want to play that way. It is still fairly realistic (although getting less so) that a real battle could include just infantry and no armor. I wonder if that literally means no vehicles, or just no armor? I would like to see no armor, but still allow the light vehicles, although since the option is "no vehicles" that is probably what that means.added:

Oh and I got my Veteran Knife badge when I loaded on yesterday!
There are servers that do both.

Users who are viewing this thread