What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (7 Viewers)

I don't think Howard gets enough recognition for what a great interviewer he is. I mean, great. (Not so much regarding Joan Rivers today. She'll say anything to anybody.) He just has an incredible talent for getting normally reserved people to let their guard down and open up. Example: Maria Menounos told Howard that she doesn't like to give blow jobs. Could you imagine her even going near that topic on Extra?

I think it's the way he concludes each question with "C'mon... I'm being serious here." :lol:
I think he is good in terms of getting people to open up and he asks questions that no one else will, HOWEVER, he is constantly cutting people off to bring up a new topic and does not allow them to answer anything fully. While this keeps the interview moving at a good pace, its frustrating when you want to hear the answer and he never gets back to it. Which is funny since he was complaining that this is what they do on morning shows like Hoda and Kathy Lee where all they do is talk over people. He does it also

No talk at all about the Lisa G Sweet and Greet or whatever she is having the nerve to try and charge $100 and cash in off of the show? Total money grab with zero content or entertainment value. How she doesn't get that it is just a smash and grab on fans is amazing, or amazingly naive.
I'm gonna need cliff notes. No idea what you're talking about. I don't get to hear the entire show each day.
Sweet and Meet with Lisa G
LOL. Could you imagine WANTING to meet Lisa G? Let alone PAYING to meet Lisa G.

No talk at all about the Lisa G Sweet and Greet or whatever she is having the nerve to try and charge $100 and cash in off of the show? Total money grab with zero content or entertainment value. How she doesn't get that it is just a smash and grab on fans is amazing, or amazingly naive.
I'm gonna need cliff notes. No idea what you're talking about. I don't get to hear the entire show each day.
She looks old for as much carrying on people on the show do about her. I guess it has been a long time since I have seen her picture.

She looks old for as much carrying on people on the show do about her. I guess it has been a long time since I have seen her picture.
She is 56

Interesting how a big deal has been made recently about Stern Staffers trying to make a buck off the the show or Sterns name. Pretty sure they all need to figure something out as they know exactly when they'll be getting laid off from their current jobs. Maybe sooner if Howard keeps heading down this path of hating Sirius Mgmt and becoming a network star

Did he make a decision today about using his show?
He commented that he's ok with people doing these types of things but to do it, they have to allow full access to HowardTV and the radio show itself. His biggest gripe with LisaG was that she shut out anyone from the show to cover her event.

I don't think Howard gets enough recognition for what a great interviewer he is. I mean, great. (Not so much regarding Joan Rivers today. She'll say anything to anybody.) He just has an incredible talent for getting normally reserved people to let their guard down and open up. Example: Maria Menounos told Howard that she doesn't like to give blow jobs. Could you imagine her even going near that topic on Extra?

I think it's the way he concludes each question with "C'mon... I'm being serious here." :lol:
I think he is good in terms of getting people to open up and he asks questions that no one else will, HOWEVER, he is constantly cutting people off to bring up a new topic and does not allow them to answer anything fully. While this keeps the interview moving at a good pace, its frustrating when you want to hear the answer and he never gets back to it. Which is funny since he was complaining that this is what they do on morning shows like Hoda and Kathy Lee where all they do is talk over people. He does it also
It happens some times, but not all the time. I find that it happens most with guests that he's more interested in (like Sacha Baron Cohen) and it seems like he can't get himself to relax. I think that he gives a lot of other people plenty of time to respond, like Scott Weiland.Also, I know it's a few weeks behind, but it is so great when Jimmy Kimmel is on.

'Please See Mine said:

It happens some times, but not all the time. I find that it happens most with guests that he's more interested in (like Sacha Baron Cohen) and it seems like he can't get himself to relax. I think that he gives a lot of other people plenty of time to respond, like Scott Weiland.Also, I know it's a few weeks behind, but it is so great when Jimmy Kimmel is on.
Kimmel's career has taken off but would have been great if he could have taken Howard's chair, when he retires, while keeping the same cast of characters in place. Sure Robin will go when Howard does. But could see Gary and Fred remaining.Will be very intersting when Howard retires. Kimmel makes about 10mill/year on late-night. Not saying he would but Kimmel could definetly employ the whole crew, keeping the Howard universe intact, and command a lot more then 10mill/year on radio. Howard would be smart to commander this and take a producing cut.

Kimmel makes about 10mill/year on late-night.
Where did you get this? When he was on with Howard a few weeks ago, Howard said that he read that Jimmy made 8, and Jimmy said no way, not close. I'm sure it's possible that he was lying, but I don't know. It's hard to figure out, because he certainly wouldn't be close to the 30 that Letterman and Leno get, but he is certainly way above Fallon and Ferguson, who I'd peg around 1-2 million.

Is Robin back yet? And/or have they said anything about her condition?
She was on all last week, but from home using an ISDN line and a video feed. It went well and if you didn't know, you wouldn't have known that she wasn't in stupid with them as always.She had some type of mass removed from down there and is recovering. Of course, Howard went and visited her at the hospital and managed to make it all about him, but you expect that from him at this point.

She was on all last week, but from home using an ISDN line and a video feed. It went well and if you didn't know, you wouldn't have known that she wasn't in stupid with them as always.She had some type of mass removed from down there and is recovering. Of course, Howard went and visited her at the hospital and managed to make it all about him, but you expect that from him at this point.
i wouldnt ever tell anyone how to listen to the show, but i'm curious...you understand that A) The "all about Howard" stuff is his schtick and B) he's been doing that for decades?

i wouldnt ever tell anyone how to listen to the show, but i'm curious...you understand that A) The "all about Howard" stuff is his schtick and B) he's been doing that for decades?
Was very tempted to respond with something similar, but didn't want to be one of those "i don't think you get the show" guys. But really, Howard is just doing a show and taking some real thoughts and exaggerating for comedic effect. Anyone who thinks that he has no awareness of those outside himself are just not getting it.

Was very tempted to respond with something similar, but didn't want to be one of those "i don't think you get the show" guys. But really, Howard is just doing a show and taking some real thoughts and exaggerating for comedic effect. Anyone who thinks that he has no awareness of those outside himself are just not getting it.
Plus it was a comedic way to address Robin's situation without really giving up any info.

Kimmel's career has taken off but would have been great if he could have taken Howard's chair, when he retires, while keeping the same cast of characters in place. Sure Robin will go when Howard does. But could see Gary and Fred remaining.
I'm a huge Kimmel fan, but he could never replace Howard. Nobody can replace Howard.Howard's unique sense of humor combined with all the weird #### that goes through his head cannot be replicated.

"GET OFF MY STAGE!"

What about Robin?

The Tradio show call today was pretty good. I also thought it was odd that some dude would call up the spiritual healer and out Sal and Richard

Corolla was so awesome today. I've been listening for 20 years and the Natalie Maines story was some of the best stuff I've ever heard on the show.

Corolla was so awesome today. I've been listening for 20 years and the Natalie Maines story was some of the best stuff I've ever heard on the show.
I can't recommend his podcast enough. It's a daily listen to me. Absolutely hilarious. Today's episode sucked because it was just a preview of his new book but pick pretty much any episode to get started with and you wont be disappointed if you liked Carolla on Stern. The guy is brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't recommend his podcast enough. It's a daily listen to me. Absolutely hilarious. Today's episode sucked because it was just a preview of his new book but pick pretty much any episode to get started with and you wont be disappointed if you liked Carolla on Stern. The guy is brilliant.
I've listened to it but haven't been hooked as a regular. Not saying it isn't good, but I can only take Corolla in smaller doses. The more I listen to him the more he comes across as a guy with canned material. But it's awesome when you hear it from time to time. Don't know if that really makes sense, but that's where I'm at.

Kidd Chris, who has contributed some to the Stern show (the first Sulu prank calls, the OJ prank call), has a show in ATL that's doing really well. I've always been a big fan since he was on in Sacto. It's available (without music) every day at www.soundcloud.com/kiddshow

I've listened to it but haven't been hooked as a regular. Not saying it isn't good, but I can only take Corolla in smaller doses. The more I listen to him the more he comes across as a guy with canned material. But it's awesome when you hear it from time to time. Don't know if that really makes sense, but that's where I'm at.
I'm the same, small doses is all i can handle

It was new today. Howard was interviewed for Takei documentary. I only heard 5 mins or so
That's another thing that threw me off. I listened before he was interviewed (George was there?) and he seemed real pissed about doing it, which was strange after George had such a great appearance a couple weeks back.

John Hein's Fast Food show is pretty good.
I enjoyed the first two but since then it is unwatchable for me. every other word is cut off by a silence. Had to bail when it happened two weeks in a row. The BBQ pitmaster show on before and after is fine

Users who are viewing this thread