What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (1 Viewer)

I didn't hear the entire Winkler interview, but did they take the opportunity to bring John Hein in to meet him and talk about Jump The Shark?

My reciever crapped out a couple of weeks ago. Probably pick up a new one this weekend. Any place to find recent shows online.

You never anything but great things about Henry Winkler and Tom Hanks. Notorious nice guys. Ironic that they dislike each other. In Henry's case immensely.

I don't have Sirius anymore. What was the whole scoop w/ Bubba and Hulk? Bubba just gave Hulk the keys to his wife's vajayjay? And then secretly taped it to profit later?

It's 100% bubba's voice on the beginning of that tape, so insane

Can't remember who said it on the show but the whole thing makes my life seem so insanely boring

I have to say, the rap battle was very entertaining and I didnt think Sal was that awful. His whole Hitler thing was stupid but thats Sal. Lieberman on the other hand may have been the worst freestyler ever

And that DJ who interview was great whether he was lying or not

I've always been somewhat impartial when it came to Robin. I usually don't agree with her personal views, but they never bothered me. After hearing her and Howard criticize the staff for not coming in during Sandy, I've found myself not being able to stand her anymore. Her and Howard get stuck in their way of thinking, and no matter what, they are right and everyone else is wrong.

She was complaining about people not coming in from outside of Manhattan to do the show and was calling for their jobs. Meanwhile, she's doing the show from her apartment and has been for months. So hypocritical and I'm glad she was called out for it.

She was complaining about people not coming in from outside of Manhattan to do the show and was calling for their jobs. Meanwhile, she's doing the show from her apartment and has been for months. So hypocritical and I'm glad she was called out for it.
:goodposting: and that's why she reacted so poorly to it. Didn't expect it to be brought up. I guess they have a rule not to mention it or something.

:goodposting: and that's why she reacted so poorly to it. Didn't expect it to be brought up. I guess they have a rule not to mention it or something.
I gave up listening this week, I am happy to hear someone did this as I was too annoyed to continue. What will they consider best of the week to replay again and again over the next 4 days, every segment is the same.

I gave up listening this week, I am happy to hear someone did this as I was too annoyed to continue. What will they consider best of the week to replay again and again over the next 4 days, every segment is the same.
Howard going after Gary, Doug, Richar and especially high-pitch Mike was hilarious. Howard was more annoyed then actually upset that people like Gary did not come in. He was ball-busting for entertainment sake. Do think he was geniunely mad at Mike though. Mike was an idiot on the WUS too. Gary was basically trying to stop him from digging his own grave. Robin though seemed to be serious in her criticism. As if Gary was going to bring his family to the hotel in Manhatten. Was very strange.

Howard recounting his Kimmel experience was good too.

Was a great week of radio. :thumbup:

I've always been somewhat impartial when it came to Robin. I usually don't agree with her personal views, but they never bothered me. After hearing her and Howard criticize the staff for not coming in during Sandy, I've found myself not being able to stand her anymore. Her and Howard get stuck in their way of thinking, and no matter what, they are right and everyone else is wrong.She was complaining about people not coming in from outside of Manhattan to do the show and was calling for their jobs. Meanwhile, she's doing the show from her apartment and has been for months. So hypocritical and I'm glad she was called out for it.
Came here to post this when I saw the thread was bumped.I can't believe she (and Howard) had the balls to goof on Gary....wait, who called her out on it? I didn't hear that part

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard going after Gary, Doug, Richar and especially high-pitch Mike was hilarious. Howard was more annoyed then actually upset that people like Gary did not come in. He was ball-busting for entertainment sake. Do think he was geniunely mad at Mike though. Mike was an idiot on the WUS too. Gary was basically trying to stop him from digging his own grave. Robin though seemed to be serious in her criticism. As if Gary was going to bring his family to the hotel in Manhatten. Was very strange.

:goodposting: I don't know why, but i enjoyed it as well. I enjoyed the busting of Doug's and Ross's balls probably a little more. Robin did come off pretty salty, but they certainly didn't hold back on her either though. They were killing her on the wrap-up show, and the back office show today. i bet it will carry over a bit into next week because some of it sounded more like legit anger at each other than just entertainment and my thoughts on Robin, i think she was so impassioned by it because she knows Howard does actually care about these kind of things (a la the whole "Bro" argument with Artie), and i think she does feel like she had to call the staffers out to defend him. of course i work in the psychological field all day so i probably over-analyze the hell out of this stuff all the time

:goodposting: I don't know why, but i enjoyed it as well. I enjoyed the busting of Doug's and Ross's balls probably a little more. Robin did come off pretty salty, but they certainly didn't hold back on her either though. They were killing her on the wrap-up show, and the back office show today. i bet it will carry over a bit into next week because some of it sounded more like legit anger at each other than just entertainment and my thoughts on Robin, i think she was so impassioned by it because she knows Howard does actually care about these kind of things (a la the whole "Bro" argument with Artie), and i think she does feel like she had to call the staffers out to defend him. of course i work in the psychological field all day so i probably over-analyze the hell out of this stuff all the time
The animosity to commuters like Gary and Doug was a bit of a put-on. But Richard? He treated it as a snow-day which definetly pissed Howard off considering he and Fred were able to make it in.

Howard, often hypocritically, prides himself on hard work and frankly just showing up. He looks at the younger generation as very spoiled and I'm sure it galls him that many of his underlings were comfortable enough to do the minimum.

I like when one of them, Doug I think, cited the company stance that they should take all precautions and not feel obligated to come it. Howard said "you think they give a #### about you? They have to say that to cover their ### with the lawyers"

:lmao: so funny...so true.

'pittstownkiller said:
'Raider Nation said:
I hate Robin and always have. A know-it-all fat cow. Hope she gets hit by a Mack truck.
:lmao:
I used to hate her but I've grown to like her. I mean, she's self-centered as hell but I still like her. Fred always cuts her off at the knees every time with the Robin music as soon as she starts making a declaration about anything.

'pittstownkiller said:
'Raider Nation said:
I hate Robin and always have. A know-it-all fat cow. Hope she gets hit by a Mack truck.
:lmao:
I used to hate her but I've grown to like her. I mean, she's self-centered as hell but I still like her. Fred always cuts her off at the knees every time with the Robin music as soon as she starts making a declaration about anything.
Wish Fred wouldn't do that. Often celebrities will be saying something personal and Fred will hit the melancholy music and it snaps the interviewee out of their train of thought and they realize they shouldn't be saying that.

'17seconds said:
'Tuco said:
I've always been somewhat impartial when it came to Robin. I usually don't agree with her personal views, but they never bothered me. After hearing her and Howard criticize the staff for not coming in during Sandy, I've found myself not being able to stand her anymore. Her and Howard get stuck in their way of thinking, and no matter what, they are right and everyone else is wrong.She was complaining about people not coming in from outside of Manhattan to do the show and was calling for their jobs. Meanwhile, she's doing the show from her apartment and has been for months. So hypocritical and I'm glad she was called out for it.
Came here to post this when I saw the thread was bumped.I can't believe she (and Howard) had the balls to goof on Gary....wait, who called her out on it? I didn't hear that part
I think it was Richard that called Robin out, right? Howard brought him in the studio to ridicule him for tending to his pet guinea pig, Taco. Robin was piling on, as always, so Richard made a reference to the fact that she works from home. She flipped out, called Richard an #####, etc. Great radio. I can't stand Robin so I love the rare occasions where she is questioned. She can't handle it.

The only redeeming values Robin has on the show are:

1) The parody songs about her, her boobs, her ###, etc.

2) When Howard/Fred make fun of the stupid things she does (enemas, juice fasts, veganism, her self-fulfilling trips/vacations, etc)

Other than that, she needs to shut it.

When is she going to make it back to the studio already? That pisses me off. A few weeks back a caller asked about it and she and Howard said this wasn't the new norm, but there's no indication she's ever getting off her ### and coming in.

I can't think of anyone who has an easier job than Robin. She probably makes 2mil a year and her workday consists of getting up at 6am and talking to Howard for 4hrs. Three "work" days a week and 8 weeks of vacation. She doesn't need to do any preparation, she probably works on selecting items from the AP wire while the show is going on.

I can't think of anyone who has an easier job than Robin. She probably makes 2mil a year and her workday consists of getting up at 6am and talking to Howard for 4hrs. Three "work" days a week and 8 weeks of vacation. She doesn't need to do any preparation, she probably works on selecting items from the AP wire while the show is going on.
Yep. She doesn't know how good she has it. She's a spoiled brat. Can't stand Robin, never could.If I had a nickel for every time she says: "I was just going to say that!"She's awful.

And from all indications, she's never been part of any writing or production meetings. She should be a lot more humble and admit what a great gig she has.

And from all indications, she's never been part of any writing or production meetings. She should be a lot more humble and admit what a great gig she has.
To be fair, Howard has repeatedly said that he basically is doing the show to/for Robin. She makes him feel comfortable and let's him do the show better, and while that may seem easy, it is still valuable. She also does a decent job of winding him up sometimes and/or picking out details that will obviously set him off further. He also has said repeatedly that he doesn't want her to know about things on the show in advance because he wants a fresh reaction.

To be fair, Howard has repeatedly said that he basically is doing the show to/for Robin. She makes him feel comfortable and let's him do the show better, and while that may seem easy, it is still valuable. She also does a decent job of winding him up sometimes and/or picking out details that will obviously set him off further. He also has said repeatedly that he doesn't want her to know about things on the show in advance because he wants a fresh reaction.
well, he's not getting that now either with her broadcasting from home.

I think it reached it's peak the other day when she answered her phone live on the air :lmao: I can't believe howard didn't tear her apart, she must be really sick.

I think it reached it's peak the other day when she answered her phone live on the air :lmao: I can't believe howard didn't tear her apart, she must be really sick.
It does seem like Howard has been going over to spend time with her a lot. He's mentioned visiting her several times and it seems to me like it's more than in the past.

Maybe, but I can't figure out what could be so bad that she can't even leave her apartment for months.
Gotta be cancer where she is bald and ravaged from chemo and doesnt want to be seen......I can respect her working from home. She has money and could easily retire or stay out. The fact that she is a bi#$ adds to the show!

So if she has cancer and kicks the bucket, is that it for the show?

Honestly, they could put Beetlejuice in the booth to read the news, and the show would be better.

Yep. She doesn't know how good she has it. She's a spoiled brat. Can't stand Robin, never could.If I had a nickel for every time she says: "I was just going to say that!"
:goodposting: So revolting. Or the abbreviated version: "Yeah, I was just gonna say....."

:rolleyes:

For 31 years, she was always JUST GONNA SAY THAT. But never actually did.

I've missed almost a month of the show and didn't realize she wasn't in studio until Richard brought it up. I hope it's nothing too serious and she's just taking advantage of a good opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread