What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (6 Viewers)

one of the great things about Eric the ACTOR's twitter feed was when people would tweet ridiculous comments about him and he would tweet them verbatim, but saying he was NOT those things, to the point where people would just make up stuff to get him to say them.  Such as:

Eric S. Lynch ‏@EricTheActor11  26 May 2012
I AM NOT ######ED PEOPLE SAYING THAT I HABE FAKE WOODEN LEGS ARE ######ED. I HAVE THE LEGS I WAS BORN WITH.
When I read Trump's tweets, they feel exactly the same to me.  I feel like people could start trolling Trump in the same way and he will react similarly.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  Nov 16
I am not trying to get "top level security clearance" for my children. This was a typically false news story.

one of the great things about Eric the ACTOR's twitter feed was when people would tweet ridiculous comments about him and he would tweet them verbatim, but saying he was NOT those things, to the point where people would just make up stuff to get him to say them.  Such as:

Eric S. Lynch ‏@EricTheActor11  26 May 2012
I AM NOT ######ED PEOPLE SAYING THAT I HABE FAKE WOODEN LEGS ARE ######ED. I HAVE THE LEGS I WAS BORN WITH.
When I read Trump's tweets, they feel exactly the same to me.  I feel like people could start trolling Trump in the same way and he will react similarly.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  Nov 16
I am not trying to get "top level security clearance" for my children. This was a typically false news story.
I got blocked on twitter by ETM because everyone tweeted him happy birthday one day, myself included, and it wasn't his birthday and it enraged him. :lmao:  RIP

SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS ACQ
QB Kirk Cousins, Wsh QB Free Agency
RB Frank Gore, Ind RB Draft
RB Robert Kelley, Wsh RB Free Agency
WR Antonio Brown, Pit WR Draft
WR Terrelle Pryor Sr., Cle WR Free Agency
WR Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR Trade
TE Antonio Gates, SD TE Free Agency
FLEX Jordan Reed, Wsh TE and Video Trade
D/ST Patriots D/ST D/ST Free Agency
K Matt Bryant, Atl K Free Agency
Bench Brandon Marshall, NYJ WR Draft
Bench Doug Martin, TB RB Draft
Bench James White, NE RB Free Agency
Bench Jameis Winston, TB QB Free Agency
Bench C.J. Fiedorowicz, Hou TE Q Free Agency
Bench Matthew Stafford, Det QB Q and Video Free Agency
Bench Kenny Britt, LA WR Trade
Bench Dorial Green-Beckham*, Phi WR O Free Agency

This is Berry's team.  This is a 10 team pick'em league.  He said he was 3rd in points, but he is really 4th, and Scott Salem had more points against and he is in the playoffs.  

Pretty sad.

Code:
5	Antonio Brown, Pit WR
16	Brandon Marshall, NYJ WR
25	Mark Ingram, NO RB
36	Doug Martin, TB RB
45	Jeremy Maclin, KC WR
56	Frank Gore, Ind RB
65	Jordan Matthews, Phi WR
76	Josh Gordon, Cle WR
85	Carson Palmer, Ari QB
96	Duke Johnson Jr., Cle RB
105	Torrey Smith, SF WR
116	Gary Barnidge, Cle TE
125	James White, NE RB
136	Tim Hightower, NO RB
145	Tyler Boyd, Cin WR
156	Zach Miller*, Chi TE
165	Bengals D/ST D/ST
176	Chris Boswell, Pit K

Matthew Berry lost in the consolation ladder to Jon Hein 112.8 - 118.7

Rapaport vs Will Muray

Scott Salem vs Jason Kaplan

LAUNCH said:

Rapaport vs Will Muray

The rapaport shtick has been great for the show.  One of the great things about Stern over the years has been the back office drama that Howard would pull into the studio.  Now that everyone is getting older, settled in and there's no new blood on the staff, there is less and less drama to use as content.  Rapaport steps in and stirs the pot quite nicely.  

I'm not even sure Howard appreciates the value at this point.  He seems content coasting on interviews at this stage in his career.  

LAUNCH said:

Rapaport vs Will Muray

If anyone was listening when Will was going off on Berry about ESPN's performance, that's my long time keeper league. I went 1-12.

The rapaport shtick has been great for the show.  One of the great things about Stern over the years has been the back office drama that Howard would pull into the studio.  Now that everyone is getting older, settled in and there's no new blood on the staff, there is less and less drama to use as content.  Rapaport steps in and stirs the pot quite nicely.  

I'm not even sure Howard appreciates the value at this point.  He seems content coasting on interviews at this stage in his career.  
It certainly stirs the pot, but its totally unlistenable for me. The second i hear the word Rappaport, I'm changing the channel. He's just brutal. He does realize that fantasy football is like 85% luck right? (100% luck when you don't draft or manage your own team) 

Big difference between friendly ball-busting between friends and the vulgar, nasty stuff that Rappaport throws out there. Gary and JD are generally good sports about just about everything but its pretty clear that their movement to get him out of the league is more than just schtick for the radio. They cant stand him and its easy to see why.

I do think the show has been good lately.  More funny stuff and angry Howard and fewer boring vanilla interviews with celebrities I couldn't care less about.

I don't hate the Rappaport stuff but don't pay much attention to it when it's on. It's a good time to go to the store and get breakfast.

It certainly stirs the pot, but its totally unlistenable for me. The second i hear the word Rappaport, I'm changing the channel. He's just brutal. He does realize that fantasy football is like 85% luck right? (100% luck when you don't draft or manage your own team) 

Big difference between friendly ball-busting between friends and the vulgar, nasty stuff that Rappaport throws out there. Gary and JD are generally good sports about just about everything but its pretty clear that their movement to get him out of the league is more than just schtick for the radio. They cant stand him and its easy to see why.

I do think the show has been good lately.  More funny stuff and angry Howard and fewer boring vanilla interviews with celebrities I couldn't care less about.
Howard really loved interviewing singers or band members and I find them the most boring.

good lord did they ever botch this Bobo Test bit.

15 minutes of Howard yelling "a D is a push!!" only to find out that the teacher is grading on a rubric where you need a 49 to fail. Fascinating radio...

Do they finally have a service where you can listen like hour by hour? Off of iTunes or whatever? Only way I will re subscribe. 

Do they finally have a service where you can listen like hour by hour? Off of iTunes or whatever? Only way I will re subscribe. 
With the app you can listed on demand for about 3 weeks's worth of shows (it seems, though you can also download to the phone and it seems like it will keep them longer).  You can skip from segment to segment.  You can also pause of course and rewind at 15 second intervals.  They also have all of the celebrity interviews for about the past 3-4 years saved so they can be listened at any time and they immediately add all new ones and they never expire.  I find it to be quite good overall.

With the app you can listed on demand for about 3 weeks's worth of shows (it seems, though you can also download to the phone and it seems like it will keep them longer).  You can skip from segment to segment.  You can also pause of course and rewind at 15 second intervals.  They also have all of the celebrity interviews for about the past 3-4 years saved so they can be listened at any time and they immediately add all new ones and they never expire.  I find it to be quite good overall.
That's great. Is it more to use the app? I know a few years ago they were charging extra. 

Lol.  They should just play the Derick from Texas calls every time they're tempted to put that idiot back on the air.

Just shows you how resilient our bodies are.  Decades of overindulgence in booze, drugs, and food, yet he's still "healthy" enough to perform. 

I went to his show Saturday night. Will post better storywhen I get home
I saw a random Facebook ad for an Artie Lange show and grabbed tickets for myself and the wife at iPlay America in Freehold NJ. I had never seen a show there before, but tickets are cheap enough (choice of 50,35 and 20) so why not. Now the show starts at 10pm, which is scary with Artie's history of showing up and late show drunkenness, but what the hey...no other plans.

They say the door opens at 9, but leave us queued up until at least 930 to go in. The warm up acts start promptly at 1030, another winner sign for a show. Opening act/emcee is a total unfunny hack. I think this is his promoter from a couple of things that were said. Two other comics come out, do a decent job and then it is time for Rev Bob Levy's turn. He was a funnier than I expected from what has been said about him in the past, but did not do his blue cheese finishing move thankfully. His act is disturbed a couple of times by the promoter giving him time signals and basically shooing him off stage.

Finally...Artie Lange time. He comes out and I can't believe what I am seeing. Clean shaved but total gray hair pulled back to keep it out of his face. I would have walked past him in the lobby and not known it was him. As you just saw in the pic above, he has quite a pregnant stomach, but the rest of him is not crazy fat. Maybe 250 tops, so could be a lot worse. His shirt is letting his belly hang out of it and his pants are drooping down  like he is a rapper, except he has no boxers to cover up his massive plumber's crack. Sadly I am sitting in the front row and a little off to the side, so Everytime he turns I get a lovely view of his ########. This ends up being my lasting memory of the show.

Artie comes on and it is well after 1130 at this point and starts his show. I would have said act, but I don't think he was very prepared for the show. He basically riffed a variety of funny stories and memories to us. Talked about being clean, but also talked about snorting oxy a couple of weeks before on an oops moment. He did stay clean and was drinking water on stage, even when these 2 girls were up for shots and a bob levy blue cheese moment (didn't happen, he is already set up to sell his shirts in the lobby). I have a video of that part if you want me to upload to YouTube, you can take a look at his crack too. I might as well share it, my eyes have been scarred already.

The guy sitting across from me was affiliated with another club and semi scouting the show. Said Artie was asking for 80% of the door and that seemed to be a very high number. Also mentioned something about all these shows popping up because of some HBO show being put together about him.

I will post a link as I throw up the video. 

I saw a random Facebook ad for an Artie Lange show and grabbed tickets for myself and the wife at iPlay America in Freehold NJ. I had never seen a show there before, but tickets are cheap enough (choice of 50,35 and 20) so why not. Now the show starts at 10pm, which is scary with Artie's history of showing up and late show drunkenness, but what the hey...no other plans.

They say the door opens at 9, but leave us queued up until at least 930 to go in. The warm up acts start promptly at 1030, another winner sign for a show. Opening act/emcee is a total unfunny hack. I think this is his promoter from a couple of things that were said. Two other comics come out, do a decent job and then it is time for Rev Bob Levy's turn. He was a funnier than I expected from what has been said about him in the past, but did not do his blue cheese finishing move thankfully. His act is disturbed a couple of times by the promoter giving him time signals and basically shooing him off stage.

Finally...Artie Lange time. He comes out and I can't believe what I am seeing. Clean shaved but total gray hair pulled back to keep it out of his face. I would have walked past him in the lobby and not known it was him. As you just saw in the pic above, he has quite a pregnant stomach, but the rest of him is not crazy fat. Maybe 250 tops, so could be a lot worse. His shirt is letting his belly hang out of it and his pants are drooping down  like he is a rapper, except he has no boxers to cover up his massive plumber's crack. Sadly I am sitting in the front row and a little off to the side, so Everytime he turns I get a lovely view of his ########. This ends up being my lasting memory of the show.

Artie comes on and it is well after 1130 at this point and starts his show. I would have said act, but I don't think he was very prepared for the show. He basically riffed a variety of funny stories and memories to us. Talked about being clean, but also talked about snorting oxy a couple of weeks before on an oops moment. He did stay clean and was drinking water on stage, even when these 2 girls were up for shots and a bob levy blue cheese moment (didn't happen, he is already set up to sell his shirts in the lobby). I have a video of that part if you want me to upload to YouTube, you can take a look at his crack too. I might as well share it, my eyes have been scarred already.

The guy sitting across from me was affiliated with another club and semi scouting the show. Said Artie was asking for 80% of the door and that seemed to be a very high number. Also mentioned something about all these shows popping up because of some HBO show being put together about him.

I will post a link as I throw up the video. 
Thanks for posting.  Interesting stuff.

I think Artie's well over 300 lbs by now though.  Back on the show, I remember he was consistently pushing 290-300 whenever they would weigh him for a bit and he's way heavier looking now.   

Thanks for posting.  Interesting stuff.

I think Artie's well over 300 lbs by now though.  Back on the show, I remember he was consistently pushing 290-300 whenever they would weigh him for a bit and he's way heavier looking now.   
250?  from that pics Artie is well over 3 bills.....unreal how he has survived such an unhealthy lifestyle...glad you had fun...heard mixed reviews on his stand up...much better at just tellin stories.  

Damn Joey Boots....wack pack life span worse than WWE....

Wow, before high pitch. Would not have thought that. Didnt he just come into some money

RIP

Baba booey howard sterns penis
Yeah, I remember he moved out because he got some money and could afford an actual apartment.

wouldn't be surprised if Hi-pitch doesn't survive 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
I want your brown mound robin, brown mound

Let me lick it robin up and down, brown mound.

Had that stuck in my head all day and now so do you.  

Seeing on fb that Nicole Bass died. Wonder who had her in their death pool?
Yeah, I saw that earlier...RIP. I met her once near my house, I heard she lived in my neighborhood for a while.

Someone definitely had her in the pool. I think it might have been Howard.

Yeah, I saw that earlier...RIP. I met her once near my house, I heard she lived in my neighborhood for a while.

Someone definitely had her in the pool. I think it might have been Howard.
I think that if Howard picked the winner it might actually mess him up a little mentally. I mean we all know that he is a mess mentally already, but this might really affect him.

Users who are viewing this thread