What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (5 Viewers)

Howard going (gone) into full sellout mode. Called Rosie O'Donnell Pumpkinhead for years, and then has her on and swoons over her the whole time.

They tweeted out a link to the interview later that day and the comments were 98% negative. On the next days show, he says there was overwhelming praise for having her on and really nothing negative. 

Reading those comments was the first I had heard of Marci Turk and that a lot of people hold her responsible for the "new" Howard. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Howard going (gone) into full sellout mode. Called Rosie O'Donnell Pumpkinhead for years, and then has her on and swoons over her the whole time.

They tweeted out a link to the interview later that day and the comments were 98% negative. On the next days show, he says there was overwhelming praise for having her on and really nothing negative. 

Reading those comments was the first I had heard of Marci Turk and that a lot of people hold her responsible for the "new" Howard. 
Marci is not responsible for Howard socializing with the people that he used to make fun of in the off hours.  Beth is probably the bridge to the normal world that should get the blame here.  Hard to trash someone that you like on a show like his.  Marci definitely had him stop it to assist in getting the A list guests to come be interviewed.  None of these type of people would come in and talk to old Howard, the way he used to ambush them (Carney Wilson getting out on a scale before interview etc), but now they line up to have new Howard interview them

they made up years ago when and Howard has had her on multiple times on Sirius, no? 

they made up years ago when and Howard has had her on multiple times on Sirius, no? 
Exactly.  

And Marci has been around for several years now.  Lots of gossip about her and maybe she has had an impact that oldskool fans would find negative, but there's no way that Howard ever does anything that he doesn't want for himself.  Anything that she has shaped or influenced are definitely things that he wanted himself.

Marci is not responsible for Howard socializing with the people that he used to make fun of in the off hours.  Beth is probably the bridge to the normal world that should get the blame here.  Hard to trash someone that you like on a show like his.  Marci definitely had him stop it to assist in getting the A list guests to come be interviewed.  None of these type of people would come in and talk to old Howard, the way he used to ambush them (Carney Wilson getting out on a scale before interview etc), but now they line up to have new Howard interview them
Yeah, if you're a regular listener you hear Howard talking about coming to terms with how much of an ### he was in his earlier years and how his drive alienated many people he actually had respect for. Soupy Sales seems to be a big one for him. He goofs on his therapy but it has definitely helped him enjoy life a little more and with that maybe open up to people he once thought were his enemies. I don't begrudge him that at all. Good for him.

Exactly.  

And Marci has been around for several years now.  Lots of gossip about her and maybe she has had an impact that oldskool fans would find negative, but there's no way that Howard ever does anything that he doesn't want for himself.  Anything that she has shaped or influenced are definitely things that he wanted himself.
yeah i remember the Rosie stuff, it was like one of the first make-ups he had with someone he was feuding with. there was some reason why, maybe she had a show on Sirius or something, but they hit it off well, and it seemed like the feud was more of Rosie not liking Howard rather then Howard having any reason to not like her

He used to goof on Rosie and many others out of his own raging insecurity and anger and insatiable need to #### with anyone in his way or who had anything.  As he has gotten older and gone through therapy (I guess), he has realized that a lot of that is a waste of a time and wants to have more of a semblance of peace or happiness in his life.

He used to goof on Rosie and many others out of his own raging insecurity and anger and insatiable need to #### with anyone in his way or who had anything.  As he has gotten older and gone through therapy (I guess), he has realized that a lot of that is a waste of a time and wants to have more of a semblance of peace or happiness in his life.
:goodposting: yup. and if he did it for other people or was fake about it i am sure it would come off that way. i think he holds grudges now for a reason, instead like LBL said as a younger version full of piss and vinegar. He certainly has no love for Jay Leno still, and i'm sure there are others

For sure, Leno, Pig Vomit, and at least one other producer from the early years (Garth ___?) are still on his ####list.  Stuttering John maybe also.  Even Imus he seems to not care that much about anymore.  

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up to date on the Artie Lange saga, there is a new chapter.

It started with this picture he posted on his Twitter with the caption "Hey I got a quick message for u Ang. U ain’t the man. U run for the man. I fear nothing."  Obviously a strange photo to put up on twitter and at this point, nobody knew if he had been beaten up or if the damage was just from chronic drug use.  People on reddit determined that "Ang" in the caption refers to his possible bookie Angelo, which possibly supports the theory that he got beaten up.  Doctors on reddit (lol) also chimed in saying that his nose could have gotten messed up from an infection due to drug use.

A couple days later, Artie is arrested on a bench warrant for missing multiple court dates related to his arrest in May for drug possession.  He pleads guilty and is supposedly given a court order to go back to rehab.  A few days later he calls into his own radio show from said rehab/hospital where he claims he was punched in the nose over a debt.

Today, a video is released of Artie Lange in a Best Western lobby fighting with his "bad cop" buddy over a bag which probably contained drugs.

Not sure how many more chances this guy is going to get.  

I haven't listened to Howard in years and even years ago I was never a regular listener.  I always preferred O&A back in the day to Howard and I was turned off by Howard's use of people with mental health issues to make his show better.

Anyway, decided to listened this morning from 7am to 8am commuting downtown.  They talked an hour about an IQ test two of the staffers took.  Who gives a ####?

I like SiriusXM a lot.  I flip between the talk shows Jim & Sam, Bennington and The Bonfire or I just flip through music channels in my car/home. 

Is Howard still big?  It seems SiriusXM still spends most of their money on keeping him there (other shows seems to lightly complain about it).

I can't wrap my head around how Howard would still be huge considering the amount of content available on the radio/podcast/internet/etc. 

Am I missing something?

I haven't listened to Howard in years and even years ago I was never a regular listener.  I always preferred O&A back in the day to Howard and I was turned off by Howard's use of people with mental health issues to make his show better.

Anyway, decided to listened this morning from 7am to 8am commuting downtown.  They talked an hour about an IQ test two of the staffers took.  Who gives a ####?

I like SiriusXM a lot.  I flip between the talk shows Jim & Sam, Bennington and The Bonfire or I just flip through music channels in my car/home. 

Is Howard still big?  It seems SiriusXM still spends most of their money on keeping him there (other shows seems to lightly complain about it).

I can't wrap my head around how Howard would still be huge considering the amount of content available on the radio/podcast/internet/etc. 

Am I missing something?
Bonfire rules.

The IQ test was great radio.

I was hoping memet would lose, would have been awesome to hear him melt down.
Memet's a doosh, for sure, but Brent comes off as a know-it-all ****.  The way he speaks makes him sound like he's trying way too hard to sound smarter than he actually is.

I wish they could've both lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Memet's a doosh, for sure, but Brent comes off as a know-it-all ****.  The way he speaks makes him sound like he's trying way too hard to sound smarter than he actually is.

I wish they could've both lost.
Exactly.  Brent is my least favorite on the show and I was glad he lost.

That's big.  I think because I don't listen enough, I'm not vested in the staffers to care enough about the segment I heard this morning. 
This.

Although, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't agree that the show was much, much better 9ish years ago when Artie was still on staff.  That was the absolute peak of the show for me, but I've only been listening since 2000.

I occasionally laugh now at the show, but any time I catch an old show on 101 with Artie on, I find myself laughing most of the show.

That's big.  I think because I don't listen enough, I'm not vested in the staffers to care enough about the segment I heard this morning. 
Yeah, I'm sure this is part of it..

You're not going to be able to just drop in on a random day and hear some skank riding the sybian. But the day to day back-office stuff that ends up on the air is pretty entertaining for someone who listens nearly every day.

Loved the IQ test. I was hoping Memet would have lost just for the reaction.

Still listen everyday thanks to the online/app version. I'm usually a little behind on the show so it's great to pick up where I left off with streaming.

Howard really seems to be morphing into an Imus like curmudgeon as he ages.  He complains about everything and doesn't have any room for anyone else's opinion.  I can't imagine spending any time with him outside of the show--he seems so miserable.  And don't get me started on Robin.  She is so self centered and so stupid.  I still listen though so he must be doing something right.

Howard really seems to be morphing into an Imus like curmudgeon as he ages.  He complains about everything and doesn't have any room for anyone else's opinion.  I can't imagine spending any time with him outside of the show--he seems so miserable.  And don't get me started on Robin.  She is so self centered and so stupid.  I still listen though so he must be doing something right.
I absolutely *hate* Robin.  I think I've mentioned it in this thread before... the only redeeming thing she brings to the show are the parody songs that get sung about her.  Other than that, she is a waste.  I yell at her to shut up at least once per listen.

Yes, this is true for sure.  He's also an incredible hypocrite.

A little while back, they were having a discussion about the elevators in their building.  Apparently Sirius occupies 2 floors within the building and there is an internal staircase that they can use within their space so that they can skip the elevators. Evidently, that staircase is right next to large studio of some kind where Sirius sometimes does Town Halls with celebrities. Baba-Booey made a point to say that they now close off that staircase during those town halls because a "huge Musician" complained that people were staring at him through the glass while he was trying to give an interview.

They didn't say who it was, but Howard went off on a mini rant about how that guy was a ##### and how they should have thrown him out the window, etc. Pretty big talk from a Prima donna who makes security close off the lobby during his walk from the car to the elevator to make sure nobody talks to him.....

Yes, this is true for sure.  He's also an incredible hypocrite.

A little while back, they were having a discussion about the elevators in their building.  Apparently Sirius occupies 2 floors within the building and there is an internal staircase that they can use within their space so that they can skip the elevators. Evidently, that staircase is right next to large studio of some kind where Sirius sometimes does Town Halls with celebrities. Baba-Booey made a point to say that they now close off that staircase during those town halls because a "huge Musician" complained that people were staring at him through the glass while he was trying to give an interview.

They didn't say who it was, but Howard went off on a mini rant about how that guy was a ##### and how they should have thrown him out the window, etc. Pretty big talk from a Prima donna who makes security close off the lobby during his walk from the car to the elevator to make sure nobody talks to him.....
Very good point.

Wow, blast from the past. I used to listen to Stern occasionally while driving in to work, but I don’t have satellite radio and I’ve been working out of a home office for years now. If I didn’t see this thread I wouldn’t even think he still has a show. He’s never in the news at all anymore. I can’t recall the last time I even heard his name. He used to be front page all the time especially when he went to satellite.

Wow, blast from the past. I used to listen to Stern occasionally while driving in to work, but I don’t have satellite radio and I’ve been working out of a home office for years now. If I didn’t see this thread I wouldn’t even think he still has a show. He’s never in the news at all anymore. I can’t recall the last time I even heard his name. He used to be front page all the time especially when he went to satellite.
Oh come on. Is your home office under a rock?

Oh come on. Is your home office under a rock?
Nope. If I don't have satellite, where would I have seen or heard him? I just googled Howard Stern and aside from howardstern.com and SiriusXM, the first two links were an article about Howard feeling betrayed by Artie leaving 10 years ago and an article from 2013 about Artie.

Sorry, but I hadn't thought or heard about Stern in years. He was all over the place pre-satellite, but since satellite, he's been drifting out of the limelight. Unless you listen to his show on satellite, he doesn't register.

Feel free to point to a TV show or movie or award show or something else outside of satellite radio where I would have seen him lately.

Nope. If I don't have satellite, where would I have seen or heard him? I just googled Howard Stern and aside from howardstern.com and SiriusXM, the first two links were an article about Howard feeling betrayed by Artie leaving 10 years ago and an article from 2013 about Artie.

Sorry, but I hadn't thought or heard about Stern in years. He was all over the place pre-satellite, but since satellite, he's been drifting out of the limelight. Unless you listen to his show on satellite, he doesn't register.

Feel free to point to a TV show or movie or award show or something else outside of satellite radio where I would have seen him lately.
He was the main judge on America's Got Talent for 4 years. (quit 2 years ago) They moved the entire production from the West Coast to NY/NJ just to accommodate him.

I mean, its a pretty lame show,(good lord is it overproduced. So corny)  but he got paid a #### load of money to do it and I believe its the number 1 rated show pretty much every summer.

That's about as mainstream as it gets and pretty remarkable for a guy that was throwing bologna at girls' asses 15 years ago.

Americas Got Talent

He was the main judge on America's Got Talent for 4 years. (quit 2 years ago) They moved the entire production from the West Coast to NY/NJ just to accommodate him.

I mean, its a pretty lame show,(good lord is it overproduced. So corny)  but he got paid a #### load of money to do it and I believe its the number 1 rated show pretty much every summer.

That's about as mainstream as it gets and pretty remarkable for a guy that was throwing bologna at girls' asses 15 years ago.
yup. Also did Seinfeld's car show and still does the late night shows. Honestly, not sure what is different now then years ago. 

He's also an upcoming guest on Letterman's new Netflix show and will introduce Bon Jovi at the RnR Hall of Fame. I think the thing is that he's not really a "shock jock" anymore and doesn't go out of his way for publicity. He's content with his little world on satellite and probably wouldn't do any of the things mentioned if people didn't ask him to do it. He's almost 65 (69!) and I'm not even sure if he'll re-sign again. No doubt that he isn't in the news like he once was. Actually, with the upcoming video service, he might be sticking around a little longer.

If you subscribe can you listen to it on an app when you want? The fact you couldn’t is one of the reasons why I punted years ago. 

If you subscribe can you listen to it on an app when you want? The fact you couldn’t is one of the reasons why I punted years ago. 
Yeah, I ditched the home unit and did the streaming version. When I'm home, I listen on the computer and when I go out, it picks up right where I left off at home. Plus it has a lot of other content, like just specific interviews, behind the scenes with some wack pack and other stuff. It changed the way I listen to the show since I don't have to try and catch it live or on replay.

Damn. I remember that. 

Users who are viewing this thread