What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

I am a big Stern fan. I bought Sirius mainly because he was going to be coming on soon, but DAMN, he only works about 150 days a year. I can accept the four weeks vacation a year, but a four day work week? I could see if he was on teh air more than four or five hours a day, but, come on, Howard, either retire or work.
I dont think he has done a show less than 5 hrs yet, has he? And sometimes it gets close to 6 hrsI enjoy the Friday show, maybe Im in the minority on that

Funny replay today from late January. Artie was talking about the woman he had just recently started dating (Dana). Oh how things have changed....
Haven't heard Howard since he went to Sirius.What's the story with Artie and Dana?MrGuy

It really sucks to get in my car on Monday and find out Stern is on vacation. Apparently he announced it last week, but it must have been during the 30 minutes I missed. And to top it all off, he'll still only work 4 days a week when he gets back. So much for the "revolution" :thumbdown:
How many weeks of vacation do you get per year? I get 4, and if I am not mistaken he is on pace for about that. As for the 4 days a week, the guy does not simply put in 8 hrs a day. Think of it as the 10/80. When I worked for Shell in New Orleans we worked the 9/80 (every other Fri off)...it is certainly not unheard of.Bottom line, people expect the guy to work every day, no breaks for their entertainment...sometimes people forget that he is an everyday Joe like us on the North side of 50 that can use the occasional week off, same as us.
Woah, hold up there buddy. All I said was that it's frustrating to be surprised by tapes on Monday morning when I listened to all but maybe 30 minutes of last week and heard no mention of a vacation. I never said he shouldn't be allowed time off. But since you mentioned it, he's absolutely not on pace for just 4 weeks off; he's on pace for 9, possibly 10 (1 in January, 1 in March, 1 in May, 2 in July, 2 in August, 1 in November, 1 or 2 in December).And as for the Friday thing, it's just annoying that they think it's as good as the regular show. I guess some people like it.

I am a big Stern fan. I bought Sirius mainly because he was going to be coming on soon, but DAMN, he only works about 150 days a year. I can accept the four weeks vacation a year, but a four day work week? I could see if he was on teh air more than four or five hours a day, but, come on, Howard, either retire or work.
:thumbdown:

I dont think he has done a show less than 5 hrs yet, has he? And sometimes it gets close to 6 hrsI enjoy the Friday show, maybe Im in the minority on that
:goodposting: More like 5-6 hours a day. He is almost always on past 11am. I think the friday show is at it's best when it replay the old shows from NBC and not just a weekly recap.

Considering his commercials have been cut down from 20 minutes per hour to about 7, I am not sure what your gripe is. He easily makes up for the lack of a Friday show with more programming during the other 4 days.

Common said:
I'm shocked there has been no mention made of the newest wackpacker Bigfoot.I literally had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard during his interview. I think I was reacting a bit to Artie's laugh as well during the entire ordeal.
I was :lmao: :cry: . And then when Toby started to talk, :cry: :lmao: :cry: . Good thing I was wearing waterproof mascara. I saw a suggestion of calling Bigfoot (Mark), Jurassic Mark. :) Cabbie arguing with Riley's tapes was great.The show is better than it's ever been. :thumbup:

Alias said:
so cabbie is back? did he have any prison stories? I need to start DL-ing the shows.
Some stories. He's pretty messed up. He believes a chip was implanted in his head while at the prison. He also believes he was drugged.

JuniorNB said:
I'd take the current amount over retirement. Thank You.

Considering his commercials have been cut down from 20 minutes per hour to about 7, I am not sure what your gripe is. He easily makes up for the lack of a Friday show with more programming during the other 4 days.
Commercial breaks have been well over 7 minutes the last few weeks. The replays from January/February seem to have far less commericals than the "new" shows. On my ride to work in the AM the breaks are now around 10 or 11 minutes.It's still the best $12 I spend a month.

Commercial breaks have been well over 7 minutes the last few weeks. The replays from January/February seem to have far less commericals than the "new" shows. On my ride to work in the AM the breaks are now around 10 or 11 minutes.It's still the best $12 I spend a month.
Yeah they realized they didn't have time to pee, so now Fred plays a song or two during the breaks to make them longer.

Salvatore Dell'Abate DELL'ABATE-Salvatore, of Lantana, Fla., formerly of Uniondale, NY on August 4th, 2006. Beloved Husband of Ellen. Loving Father of Anthony (Maryann), the late Steven, and Gary (Mary). Proud Grandfather of Austin, Sean, Jackson, and Lucas. Cherished Great-Grandfather to Salvatore. Visitation at the Hartnett Funeral Home, 561 Jerusalem Ave., Uniondale, Wednesday 2-4 and 79PM. Funeral Mass at St. Martha's Church, Uniondale, Thursday 10AM. Interment following at Calvary Cemetery, Queens, NY. In Lieu of flowers, donations to "Hospice of Palm Beach County", 5301 South Congress Ave., Atlantis, Fla. 33462 would be appreciated. Published in Newsday on 8/8/2006. Guest Book • Flowers • Gift Shop • Charities
:(

Salvatore Dell'Abate DELL'ABATE-Salvatore, of Lantana, Fla., formerly of Uniondale, NY on August 4th, 2006. Beloved Husband of Ellen. Loving Father of Anthony (Maryann), the late Steven, and Gary (Mary). Proud Grandfather of Austin, Sean, Jackson, and Lucas. Cherished Great-Grandfather to Salvatore. Visitation at the Hartnett Funeral Home, 561 Jerusalem Ave., Uniondale, Wednesday 2-4 and 79PM. Funeral Mass at St. Martha's Church, Uniondale, Thursday 10AM. Interment following at Calvary Cemetery, Queens, NY. In Lieu of flowers, donations to "Hospice of Palm Beach County", 5301 South Congress Ave., Atlantis, Fla. 33462 would be appreciated. Published in Newsday on 8/8/2006. Guest Book • Flowers • Gift Shop • Charities
Thats sad. Fa fa is a good guy

Thats sad. Fa fa is a good guy
:goodposting: :(

Richard and Sal's prank calls to the public access TV shows are absolutely, positively the best part of the show. When Sal called the sports show to tell them about the first time his father took him to Yankee Stadium, I almost drove off the friggin' road?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Richard: "Hi... I've got a question about Baltimore. How's the weather down there?"

:D

Richard and Sal's prank calls to the public access TV shows are absolutely, positively the best part of the show. When Sal called the sports show to tell them about the first time his father took him to Yankee Stadium, I almost drove off the friggin' road? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Richard: "Hi... I've got a question about Baltimore. How's the weather down there?" :D
Best thing I've heard on the show in weeks.Elijah Blue on the other hand was HORRENDOUS.

Great Joan Rivers spot today. Always a great guest

Anybody catch Artie getting really pissed at Howard goofing on his relationship with Dana stuff this morning? Got a little weird. Artie takes alot of crap

Great Joan Rivers spot today. Always a great guestAnybody catch Artie getting really pissed at Howard goofing on his relationship with Dana stuff this morning? Got a little weird. Artie takes alot of crap
Yeah, you could tell he was upset. How about Artie doing the whaaaaaa to the guy who called in and was crying that his dad had called to talk to him due to howard and his dad on the air. :lmao:

Awesome line by Colin Quinn from the Artie roast

"Gary Dell'Abate is here. Gary, make yourself at home, dust the shelves"

No more AA please.
Ill second that notion Black, I spent 45 minutes of my 1-hour commute today listening to AA(aka a poor man John Leguizamo) calll in 5 TIMES!!! and Everyone and their mother doing impressions of Scott The Eng. (ROBIN SHOULD BE LOCKED AWAY FOR CONTINUOUSLY TRYING THIS ONE)

Robin's impressions are always awful
She's by far my least favorite person on the show. Her impressions suck, her opnions are worthless, she is constantly rude to Artie, and she is completely unfunny. I have no idea why Howard has allowed her to ride his coattails all this time. He loves her though, so we're stuck.Richard and Sal's call was as funny today as it was yesterday (I think even funnier).

Looking forward to the Gary Roast on the 5th of October.
Not sure if any insults will be able to match skipping out on the guy's dad's funeral.
Yeah. #### staying at the hospital with Beth. Should have checked her in and left. Pretty week of Stern IMO.
It's not like she is 10. She can handle herself at the hospital. The dude has been a loyal employee/co-worker/friend for over 20 years and he uses this as his excuse. But he bought the family lunch so that is supposed to excuse his actions. :thumbdown:

Ya know what....Im really sick of hearing Howard and Robin pick on his weight. Hes not the only fat dude out there and they harp on it way too much. Almost like the two of them are just looking to pick on him for something, because they might be a tad jealous at how well he is doing lately
Very doubtful that they are jealous.Howard and Robin are each multi-millionaires. I don't think they would begrudge Artie anything. More likely, they are trying to insult him into getting into shape because they are worried about him. That's my guess.

Ya know what....Im really sick of hearing Howard and Robin pick on his weight. Hes not the only fat dude out there and they harp on it way too much. Almost like the two of them are just looking to pick on him for something, because they might be a tad jealous at how well he is doing lately
Very doubtful that they are jealous.
I don't think they are jealous of Artie's career but I do think there is some jealousy that he doesn't need the show to be successful (ie. he's not Jackie). If Robin were to leave the show her career would be finished, (not that she needs to keep working). They are both elitists that feel the need to knock down anyone that doesn't fit their image of perfection. And WTF is Robin to talk about someone's weight? Howard needs to buy her a mirror next time he feels the need to kiss her ### for no reason.

Very doubtful that they are jealous.Howard and Robin are each multi-millionaires. I don't think they would begrudge Artie anything. More likely, they are trying to insult him into getting into shape because they are worried about him. That's my guess.
Yesterday on one of the early June replays they were talking about $ and Howard was sure Fred was a millionaire and Fred was denying it. How can Robin be a multimillionaire - which she must be what with the houses and cars and horses boats and whatnot - yet Fred isn't a millionaire?I'd love to know how much Robin/Jackie/Artie/Fred/Gary make now and made at KRock.

Yesterday on one of the early June replays they were talking about $ and Howard was sure Fred was a millionaire and Fred was denying it. How can Robin be a multimillionaire - which she must be what with the houses and cars and horses boats and whatnot - yet Fred isn't a millionaire?I'd love to know how much Robin/Jackie/Artie/Fred/Gary make now and made at KRock.
On a seperate note, ENOUGH OF THE ####### JUNE REPLAYS.

On a seperate note, ENOUGH OF THE ####### JUNE REPLAYS.
Word to that.I rather hear some wrap-up show, Friday show, intern show, or Riley Martin replays than the same January and June replays over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread