What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

God, my disdain for fatazz Robin grows by the day!

Yesterday, they were interviewing Trisha Helfer from "Battlestar Gallactica"...

Robin: "So do you film the show in Los Angeles?"

Trisha: "No, we film in Vancouver."

Robin: "Oh, I figured it was a Canada location."

Then why did you ask if they film in LOS ANGELES, you know-it-all C_ _ T!!!!

:thumbup: :bag: :rolleyes:

=================

This show would be ***perfect*** with much less Robin and NO Gay Ralph.

Meanwhile, more of Richard, Sal, J.D. and Riley Martin.

:2cents:
Agreed, I cringe almost every time when he says "Ralph you're on the air". They put him through too many times.Also, I may be in the minority on this, but I really hope they don't spend EVERY day talking about Bubba and his show now. I know they just had the big wedding and maybe it's just temporary, but I don't like Bubba's show and don't want to hear about it all through Howard's show now.

Howard dressing Ronnie down for his behavior at the wedding was hilarious.
I knew I was missing someone... thanks for reminding me.Ronnie is the other guy the show needs a LOT less of. Talk about a guy who is hard to like. Jeez.... he is a typical tough-guy-wannabe complete with the Napolean complex, annoying Long Island accent and big mouth.You are Howard's security guy. Go do some "security stuff" and kindly get off my radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I was missing someone... thanks for reminding me.Ronnie is the other guy the show needs a LOT less of. Talk about a guy who is hard to like. Jeez.... he is a typical tough-guy-wannabe complete with the Napolean complex, annoying Long Island accent and big mouth.You are Howard's security guy. Go do some "security stuff" and kindly get off my radio.
Hard to think of that guy as security and not laughHes such a tool. Nobody is worse than Ralph though, and nothing is more irritating than Howard trying to protect him

I knew I was missing someone... thanks for reminding me.Ronnie is the other guy the show needs a LOT less of. Talk about a guy who is hard to like. Jeez.... he is a typical tough-guy-wannabe complete with the Napolean complex, annoying Long Island accent and big mouth.

You are Howard's security guy. Go do some "security stuff" and kindly get off my radio.
Hard to think of that guy as security and not laugh
Colin Quinn had a GREAT line during the Artie roast:"Ronnie doesn't look like a security guard... he looks like a trophy for Best Security Guard."

;)

I laughed pretty hard at Artie falling asleep on the couch and waking up to grab a cupcake, while they played a bear growling.

GB Artie

So they laid-off Penny. She was a good character.The whole news thing is a disaster. Soon there will be only Langford.
Who was penny and why was she canned?The whole "news team" is stupid. WTF do I care what Howard does on the weekend?
Penny Crone (sp?) had that really gravelly voice. I think they said she was on the Fox station in NY and possibly some other news gigs.And yes, the news team is stupid. The breaks in the show when the news team tells what they are going to be covering are boring and the best thing they've done so far is get rid of those hour-long newscasts.

So they laid-off Penny. She was a good character.The whole news thing is a disaster. Soon there will be only Langford.
Who was penny and why was she canned?The whole "news team" is stupid. WTF do I care what Howard does on the weekend?
Penny Crone (sp?) had that really gravelly voice. I think they said she was on the Fox station in NY and possibly some other news gigs.And yes, the news team is stupid. The breaks in the show when the news team tells what they are going to be covering are boring and the best thing they've done so far is get rid of those hour-long newscasts.
She was always crying and carrying on. She was jealous of Langford. She pleasured many Cops.

All they need is Langford and his ramped ramblings running roughshod once a show. :banned:

When Howard retires in a couple of years, will Ralph end up homeless b/c he does not know how to get a job/work or will Howard just set up a trust fund for the lazy 40 something

just curious -- when they filmed 'Private Parts' how much time did they take off from the show to do it? seems like it would take a lot of time.

just curious -- when they filmed 'Private Parts' how much time did they take off from the show to do it? seems like it would take a lot of time.
Did I miss your drunk thread tonight?
Huh?Watching Private Parts now. Figured it took months (and 12 hour days) to film, and with people around here #####ing about him taking a day off a week, people back then would be upset.Is that really a drunk question?

They took no time off to film Private Parts. They'd film each day after the show and weekends.

Cap - Are you new to Stern? Just wondering if he was never available in the past and you just got Sirius recently.

If so, what do you think overall?

They took no time off to film Private Parts. They'd film each day after the show and weekends. Cap - Are you new to Stern? Just wondering if he was never available in the past and you just got Sirius recently. If so, what do you think overall?
Yea I'm new. If it was available here (don't think it was) I never heard it. Saw him on E a few times, but that was it.Love the show. Artie is awesome.

They took no time off to film Private Parts. They'd film each day after the show and weekends. Cap - Are you new to Stern? Just wondering if he was never available in the past and you just got Sirius recently. If so, what do you think overall?
Yea I'm new. If it was available here (don't think it was) I never heard it. Saw him on E a few times, but that was it.Love the show. Artie is awesome.
cool.You listening to Master Tape?Any opinion about differences between then and now?I'm enjoying the old shows because of his more manic behavior. Todays rant on adopted kids was great.

Did I miss your drunk thread tonight?
Huh?Watching Private Parts now. Figured it took months (and 12 hour days) to film, and with people around here #####ing about him taking a day off a week, people back then would be upset.Is that really a drunk question?
That explains it. Just that the question came out of nowhere is all. :shrug:

cool.You listening to Master Tape?Any opinion about differences between then and now?I'm enjoying the old shows because of his more manic behavior. Todays rant on adopted kids was great.
If I may offer input on this question:I can't stand MT Theater. First, just the "sound" and vibe of the show is completely different. Secondly, Artie >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jackie, and third, I can't get into a show which aired 20 years ago. Maybe something amazing happens, but I can't stick around long enough to find out.I think it would be awesome to play all of Richard and Sal's prank calls on Fridays, and other crap like that.

If I may offer input on this question:I can't stand MT Theater. First, just the "sound" and vibe of the show is completely different. Secondly, Artie >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jackie, and third, I can't get into a show which aired 20 years ago. Maybe something amazing happens, but I can't stick around long enough to find out.I think it would be awesome to play all of Richard and Sal's prank calls on Fridays, and other crap like that.
I really wished they'd re-air the first shows on Sirius that happened in the first month or so. I know they just aired the first ever episode and it was great, but I want to hear what happened in the first month or so. They're available on BitTorrent, I think, but it'd be an improvement over the Master Tape Theater.

How is Stern now vs. a year ago?

I was listening every day when the Sirius show started but I stopped d/ling the bittorrents last april.

Miss the show.

I agree. They should go back to the Friday Show. I liked what they were doing. Best of Fred, Regected Bits, etc.

On the weekends they could do Master Tape with no repeats. 48 hrs striaght through of old stuff. Also, as was mentioned, they should play more of Riley, Jackie and Red Peters.

I usually manage to hear most of the show now with all the replays. I almost never turn it on during the weekends.

I dunno, M-Th I listen all day in my car. Fridays I'm flipping the dial. Show just isn't as interesting. Maybe that's because I like Artie a lot, or like the fact they talk about present-day topics, but it's just not as good to me. Sometimes I laugh, but generally I find myself flipping the dial.Guess I'd tune in more if they were playing some stuff from this decade at least. I was in middle school when some of these shows aired.

How is Stern now vs. a year ago?I was listening every day when the Sirius show started but I stopped d/ling the bittorrents last april.Miss the show.
it's no different than it's been for 20+ years. If you love it, it's just part of your everyday life.

I dunno, M-Th I listen all day in my car. Fridays I'm flipping the dial. Show just isn't as interesting. Maybe that's because I like Artie a lot, or like the fact they talk about present-day topics, but it's just not as good to me. Sometimes I laugh, but generally I find myself flipping the dial.Guess I'd tune in more if they were playing some stuff from this decade at least. I was in middle school when some of these shows aired.
see, that's exactly the point they should realize.It's a topical show, an ongoing show.I get into the old shows to relive some past stuff, but it's all about hearing what's going on today.He misses the point thinking that everyone cares about the old shows. The beauty was always about hoping to hear a trainwreck.

I was thining the same thing today listening to MT. Who the heck wants to hear riffs about the OJ trial anymore?

Has the Friday show been cancelled? I found it to be pretty good. Not as good as the wrap-up show but still worth listening too.

By the way Howard was right about Battlestar Galactica. I watched the miniseries and the first four episodes of season one so far. It's great stuff. Movie quality production. Definetly worth checking out. Some hot chicks too.

i liked the friday show. topical stuff with some old nuggets thrown in. MTT is not part of my listening habit. at all.

God, my disdain for fatazz Robin grows by the day!

Yesterday, they were interviewing Trisha Helfer from "Battlestar Gallactica"...

Robin: "So do you film the show in Los Angeles?"

Trisha: "No, we film in Vancouver."

Robin: "Oh, I figured it was a Canada location."

Then why did you ask if they film in LOS ANGELES, you know-it-all C_ _ T!!!!

:clyde: :yes: :yes:

=================

This show would be ***perfect*** with much less Robin and NO Gay Ralph.

Meanwhile, more of Richard, Sal, J.D. and Riley Martin.

:2cents:
Robins WrongAlso, go to the december archive and you can see the video of Regis and Kelly where they go out on the street with camera and Fred Norris is there.

Idea:

On the days that Howard Stern isn't there (i.e Friday-Sunday), have someone else to the morning show. Maybe even have Bubba do it or some other "persecuted" DJ do it.

Edit: This would be a good spot for Cabby.

They need to actually do work with the old tapes and make them into "new" shows. They've talked about this on the air, like doing a special of all the musical performances or of the first appearances of all the wackpackers.

Listening to the old shows also makes me realize how great Billy West was.

And I think Benjy is more of the "new Jackie" than Artie. Howard would just rant on and on and mock Jackie and Jackie's mic wasn't even up most of the time, which is what he does with Benjy. Also both of them are primarily writers, rather than on-air personalities. Artie really doesn't write anything or prepare at all, he just comes in and riffs.

They need to actually do work with the old tapes and make them into "new" shows. They've talked about this on the air, like doing a special of all the musical performances or of the first appearances of all the wackpackers. Listening to the old shows also makes me realize how great Billy West was.And I think Benjy is more of the "new Jackie" than Artie. Howard would just rant on and on and mock Jackie and Jackie's mic wasn't even up most of the time, which is what he does with Benjy. Also both of them are primarily writers, rather than on-air personalities. Artie really doesn't write anything or prepare at all, he just comes in and riffs.
I hear you - master tape would work if done right - you don't need entire shows - play long clips re interesting topics: ie: first meet each of the wack pack; Win John's job, Artie's first day, etc....Problem is how they are using the tapes.

They need to actually do work with the old tapes and make them into "new" shows. They've talked about this on the air, like doing a special of all the musical performances or of the first appearances of all the wackpackers.

And I think Benjy is more of the "new Jackie" than Artie. Howard would just rant on and on and mock Jackie and Jackie's mic wasn't even up most of the time, which is what he does with Benjy. Also both of them are primarily writers, rather than on-air personalities. Artie really doesn't write anything or prepare at all, he just comes in and riffs.
:shrug: Billy West was great on the show! Even when he was horrible, he was funny, but a lot of his impressions were dead-on and hilarious.

:shrug: Billy West was great on the show! Even when he was horrible, he was funny, but a lot of his impressions were dead-on and hilarious.
Billy West should've been kept on the show at "any" cost. The show definately suffered when he left.

:own3d: Billy West was great on the show! Even when he was horrible, he was funny, but a lot of his impressions were dead-on and hilarious.
Billy West should've been kept on the show at "any" cost. The show definately suffered when he left.
Classic Billy West with the Jackie Puppet

Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

:confused: Billy West was great on the show! Even when he was horrible, he was funny, but a lot of his impressions were dead-on and hilarious.
Classic Billy West with the Jackie Puppet
GD, those were good times. That puppet was ####### hysterical. Billy's impression of racist Marge Shotz (???) :bye: :D :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread