What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (1 Viewer)

Holy ****

Listening to the West Coast Feed, they just played the crank call to the Pharmacy with the dry heave/orgasm noise and I :mellow: 'd so hard i was :cry:

Hooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Typical Howard. Love the guy but what a freakin hypocrite. Years and years of trashing marriage.

Typical Howard. Love the guy but what a freakin hypocrite. Years and years of trashing marriage.
Howard always has been a hypocrite - remember after 9/11 he was all for attacking every arab country and pro Bush - once they started giving him crap on free speech then he was anti Bush and now rips the was every day (not that there is anything wrong with that!)Also there is tape of him saying that he would never take Friday's off and that would be ripping off the fans! And of course - the infamous entire tribute to his wife in the movie as well as his quote in the book about dirtbags who leave their wives! Gotta take him with a grain of salt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard always has been a hypocrite - remember after 9/11 he was all for attacking every arab country and pro Bush - once they started giving him crap on free speech then he was anti Bush and now rips the was every day (not that there is anything wrong with that!)Also there is tape of him saying that he would never take Friday's off and that would be ripping off the fans! And of course - the infamous entire tribute to his wife in the movie as well as his quote in the book about dirtbags who leave their wives! Gotta take him with a grain of salt!
Part of his appeal I guess. Hes a big goofball, but funny

I know that marriage has been somewhat of a hot topic on Howard's shows in the past few months, but this did come out of left field.

I like Howard's response today when Robin said people are calling him a hypocrite.Howard: "Can't argue with that"

Hypocrite is a bit much. Ive said for a long time that I dont plan on getting married...im 29 and still not married. But Im sure one day I will give in and do it....just not for a long time. Maybe I will wait til im 53 and marry a 32 year old hottie.

The way I see it...the first one NEVER works out....so might as well skip the first one and go right to the second one...

Not sure if this has been brought up but does anyone constantly hear him tell about every gig he turned down.??

Today it was him turning down being a judge at the Tribecca Film Festival, the other week it was him turning down the movie "man of the year".....instaed they opted for Robin Williams.

The list goes on and on. Anyone else think some of these things he says he has turned down are his own fabrication? Just seems like a guy who #####es about not being on TV and movies, sure turns down a lot of them.

maybe its me, anyone???

Not sure if this has been brought up but does anyone constantly hear him tell about every gig he turned down.??Today it was him turning down being a judge at the Tribecca Film Festival, the other week it was him turning down the movie "man of the year".....instaed they opted for Robin Williams. The list goes on and on. Anyone else think some of these things he says he has turned down are his own fabrication? Just seems like a guy who #####es about not being on TV and movies, sure turns down a lot of them. maybe its me, anyone???
I'm sure he gets 50 offers a day to do stuff. He's never been into the cameo type stuff and if he does do TV or movies it'll be a project of his own. The bigger thing is the stuff he says he's doing that never comes out. Then again, I'm sure a lot of celebs have projects in the works that never surface. It's just that most other people don't have a radio show to announce them.

Not sure if this has been brought up but does anyone constantly hear him tell about every gig he turned down.??Today it was him turning down being a judge at the Tribecca Film Festival, the other week it was him turning down the movie "man of the year".....instaed they opted for Robin Williams. The list goes on and on. Anyone else think some of these things he says he has turned down are his own fabrication? Just seems like a guy who #####es about not being on TV and movies, sure turns down a lot of them. maybe its me, anyone???
I'm sure he gets 50 offers a day to do stuff. He's never been into the cameo type stuff and if he does do TV or movies it'll be a project of his own. The bigger thing is the stuff he says he's doing that never comes out. Then again, I'm sure a lot of celebs have projects in the works that never surface. It's just that most other people don't have a radio show to announce them.
Seriously. What happened to Howard Stern The High School Years, the animated show he was doing? And the Porkys remake?

Listening today reminds me why I hate Courtney Love and how happy I am that she's a failure and Dave Grohl is successful.

Music special has been great so farThis Everlong acoustic is amazing
:goodposting:
Interesting that they kept in when Dave said "I might shorten the breakdown thing" or whatever. They left it in when they replayed it that day and the next but it was taken out soon after when the song became a hit on KRock and was played in rotation. Nice that they played the uneditted version here.I always thought Howard had an influence on the creation of MTV's Unplugged series.

whenever there's a holiday of any sort, even a "bank & gov't" holiday like this, they typically take the whole week off.

whenever there's a holiday of any sort, even a "bank & gov't" holiday like this, they typically take the whole week off.
Does anyone agree with me that "Master Tape Theater" sucks?
If you read the thread, you will see that most people are of the opinion that on the whole Master Tape Theater is not that good.However today is not the day to say that. If you think the Best of Billy West sucks, I really don't know what to tell you.

Does anyone agree with me that "Master Tape Theater" sucks?
If you read the thread, you will see that most people are of the opinion that on the whole Master Tape Theater is not that good.However today is not the day to say that. If you think the Best of Billy West sucks, I really don't know what to tell you.
well, technically, this isn't a Master Tape Theater. It's a "Stern Spotlight"

It's not that Billy West does or does not suck, I just like hearing him live; I guess I just missed when Howard said that that was the programming for today. I love Howard, but he takes entirely too much time off. It would have been great for him to be on today with the NY Post article about Sirius and XM merging.

Some of the pre-recorded "skits" really didn't hold up. They really bring the special to a halt and I start surfing stations.

Some of the pre-recorded "skits" really didn't hold up. They really bring the special to a halt and I start surfing stations.
Agreed - i loved hearing the interview segments with the Jackie Puppet today and Al Michaels yesterday, but the bits are pretty awful and some are neverending (Mandela with the Bad to the Bone riff).

I like Howard's response today when Robin said people are calling him a hypocrite.Howard: "Can't argue with that"
He more or less said the same thing about his inital reaction to 9/11. I was surprised he let a few callers comment on his flip and he conceded he was wrong.

Finally a decent master tape.Arties first time on. :bag:
missed it. Heard them mention Norm was going in and figured it was that appearance.IIRC, I watched this one on Howard TV. Artie is full force Goomba/JerseyToughGuy. Think he is wearing a black leather jacket that almost has a Members Only look to it.What story did he tell, what it the pig one or another?

Finally a decent master tape.Arties first time on. :angry:
missed it. Heard them mention Norm was going in and figured it was that appearance.IIRC, I watched this one on Howard TV. Artie is full force Goomba/JerseyToughGuy. Think he is wearing a black leather jacket that almost has a Members Only look to it.What story did he tell, what it the pig one or another?
IIRC, he told the story about going to the set while high and getting arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread