What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

For any Opie and Anthony fans out there I met Jim Norton yesterday when he came into the restaurant I work at. The place was empty except for him and I suppose his manager. I recognized him right away and told him what a huge fan I am of his. I've never heard the radio show but his recent HBO special is pantheon good. I told him that but he was like, "No way." He's playing at the Improv in my city this weekend and I told him how I was thinking about getting tickets. At that point his manager just asked for my name and said he would leave tickets for me at the window. Pretty sweet. I was dying to ask him a bunch of questions but resisted and let him eat his lunch. I walked by many times hoping he would engage me in conversation but he and his manger seemed to be talking business.

His manager asked me if I listen to O&A but I told him I was a Stern disciple and that Stern was the only radio personality that I've ever listened to long term. I felt like telling him what a crumby job he is doing with a talent like Norton. Norton should be much bigger. He is physically funny too so it's not hard to imagine him doing films. Not starring but at least something.
Good story. Many will say Norton makes the O&A Show (although it was gold before he became a regular and before they had a regular 3rd mic.) I enjoy him a lot and think he's a riot live. Also seems very down to earth and always makes time for the fans.Norton is also faithfully loyal. He wasn't one of the comedians that did Stern's show during O&A's forced sabbatical (Patrice O'Neal, Colin Quinn - that's right. He was with O&A long before he started doing Stern's show). In addition, he's best friends (and former roommates) with Jim Florentine, a Stern regular and even then, he never bailed on his loyalty to the O&A Show.

Nice to hear you had a good experience and you didn't try to rile him up in some way.
Tell you the truth it probably isn't the best career move to not do Stern. If you become a regular it can be a real boon for you career.Norton is a tremendous stand-up comedian while Artie is just average. Artie is doing shows in front of 2-3k while Norton could not sell out the Improv I was at the other night. 300 people maybe which is a real shame. Becoming a regular on the Stern show would definetly help and whoever gets Artie's seat will probably take off too. Pretty sure it will be Fitzsimmons, he's terrific on the show.
While I agree that Stern used to have the bigger audience and that Norton could have benefited from it, he's doing just fine while staying loyal to his buddies (unlike the guy that introduced him to O&A, Andrew Dice Clay, but that's another story...)Norton is doing just fine w/o having done Stern. He may not have done a big gate at the Improv, but he does 4-8 shows every weekend across the world (including a sellout at the Borgata on New Year's Eve). He killed as the headliner of O&A's record-breaking "Traveling Virus Comedy Tour" last summer and will headline again. He had a starring role on HBO's Lucky Louie. He's working on his 2nd full-length HBO special. And most of all, staying loyal kept him as the official 3rd mic of two ultra-popular and successful radio shows (O&A on terrestrial and XM Satellite).

Now you compare Artie's crowds compared to Norton's and you may have a point. But I'd argue that Norton is a far more successful stand-up comedian than Jim Florentine, who isn't a member of the show but a Stern regular. You may overestimate what a Stern appearance can do for a career. You really think people are knocking down doors to get Rev. Bob Levy or Yucko the Clown?!?
I got one word to say to you..."Who?"

I started listening back in November, so I'm really new to the show. Anyways, my thoughts:--Artie makes the whole show. Howard is great and Fred's sounds are hilarious, but the days Artie is gone really become a channel-flip for me. I dunno, maybe I'm just used to him, but him sitting there cracking jokes during the day is an essential element for me to enjoy the show. Guess that's why I can't stand and never listen to the Friday stuff.--Robin really IS annoying. Man, she just parrots Howard, it's crazy. Everything he says, she agrees with or follows with an "I knew that" (or some variation). Drives me nuts. One day Howard mentioned he's "semi-retired" -- a few hours later some guys calls and says "I know you're semi-retired and all, but"...and he cuts him off with a "I'm not semi-retired" line and Robin acts in shock ... starts saying "semi-retired, who's semi-retired". Shut up, seriously.--As I mentioned earlier, Eric is hilarious and I stop what I'm doing when he calls in.--I don't get the Jackie thing. His show is brutal. I know the backstory, I just don't get how people find him funny.--I don't know or care about the Opie and Anthony crap, so I'm glad he avoids it. --The show is amazingly better with George Takei. Shame they can't give him a full-time gig.
:shock: on all counts.

I used to be a big Artie fan but it's beginning to wane with his lack of enthusiasm. I'd rather have someone in there who is really into it. He doesn't really fight with anyone and a lot of his lines are just repeated with a slight variation.

I think small does of Takei keep it fresh. If he was on everyday it would get old.

I started listening back in November, so I'm really new to the show. Anyways, my thoughts:--Artie makes the whole show. Howard is great and Fred's sounds are hilarious, but the days Artie is gone really become a channel-flip for me. I dunno, maybe I'm just used to him, but him sitting there cracking jokes during the day is an essential element for me to enjoy the show. Guess that's why I can't stand and never listen to the Friday stuff.--Robin really IS annoying. Man, she just parrots Howard, it's crazy. Everything he says, she agrees with or follows with an "I knew that" (or some variation). Drives me nuts. One day Howard mentioned he's "semi-retired" -- a few hours later some guys calls and says "I know you're semi-retired and all, but"...and he cuts him off with a "I'm not semi-retired" line and Robin acts in shock ... starts saying "semi-retired, who's semi-retired". Shut up, seriously.--As I mentioned earlier, Eric is hilarious and I stop what I'm doing when he calls in.--I don't get the Jackie thing. His show is brutal. I know the backstory, I just don't get how people find him funny.--I don't know or care about the Opie and Anthony crap, so I'm glad he avoids it. --The show is amazingly better with George Takei. Shame they can't give him a full-time gig.
Welcome :wall:

For any Opie and Anthony fans out there I met Jim Norton yesterday when he came into the restaurant I work at. The place was empty except for him and I suppose his manager. I recognized him right away and told him what a huge fan I am of his. I've never heard the radio show but his recent HBO special is pantheon good. I told him that but he was like, "No way." He's playing at the Improv in my city this weekend and I told him how I was thinking about getting tickets. At that point his manager just asked for my name and said he would leave tickets for me at the window. Pretty sweet. I was dying to ask him a bunch of questions but resisted and let him eat his lunch. I walked by many times hoping he would engage me in conversation but he and his manger seemed to be talking business.

His manager asked me if I listen to O&A but I told him I was a Stern disciple and that Stern was the only radio personality that I've ever listened to long term. I felt like telling him what a crumby job he is doing with a talent like Norton. Norton should be much bigger. He is physically funny too so it's not hard to imagine him doing films. Not starring but at least something.
Good story. Many will say Norton makes the O&A Show (although it was gold before he became a regular and before they had a regular 3rd mic.) I enjoy him a lot and think he's a riot live. Also seems very down to earth and always makes time for the fans.Norton is also faithfully loyal. He wasn't one of the comedians that did Stern's show during O&A's forced sabbatical (Patrice O'Neal, Colin Quinn - that's right. He was with O&A long before he started doing Stern's show). In addition, he's best friends (and former roommates) with Jim Florentine, a Stern regular and even then, he never bailed on his loyalty to the O&A Show.

Nice to hear you had a good experience and you didn't try to rile him up in some way.
Tell you the truth it probably isn't the best career move to not do Stern. If you become a regular it can be a real boon for you career.Norton is a tremendous stand-up comedian while Artie is just average. Artie is doing shows in front of 2-3k while Norton could not sell out the Improv I was at the other night. 300 people maybe which is a real shame. Becoming a regular on the Stern show would definetly help and whoever gets Artie's seat will probably take off too. Pretty sure it will be Fitzsimmons, he's terrific on the show.
While I agree that Stern used to have the bigger audience and that Norton could have benefited from it, he's doing just fine while staying loyal to his buddies (unlike the guy that introduced him to O&A, Andrew Dice Clay, but that's another story...)Norton is doing just fine w/o having done Stern. He may not have done a big gate at the Improv, but he does 4-8 shows every weekend across the world (including a sellout at the Borgata on New Year's Eve). He killed as the headliner of O&A's record-breaking "Traveling Virus Comedy Tour" last summer and will headline again. He had a starring role on HBO's Lucky Louie. He's working on his 2nd full-length HBO special. And most of all, staying loyal kept him as the official 3rd mic of two ultra-popular and successful radio shows (O&A on terrestrial and XM Satellite).

Now you compare Artie's crowds compared to Norton's and you may have a point. But I'd argue that Norton is a far more successful stand-up comedian than Jim Florentine, who isn't a member of the show but a Stern regular. You may overestimate what a Stern appearance can do for a career. You really think people are knocking down doors to get Rev. Bob Levy or Yucko the Clown?!?
I got one word to say to you..."Who?"
Jim Norton, an extremely funny comedian who is the "3rd mic" on Opie & Anthony. You probably didn't hear of him because he never did Stern's show.Actually, that's not meant to be a shot. If you follow the stand-up world or listen to O&A, you should know who Norton is. If you don't and only listen to Stern, then "who" is an appropriate response.

Actually, that's not meant to be a shot. If you follow the stand-up world or listen to O&A, you should know who Norton is. If you don't and only listen to Stern, then "who" is an appropriate response.
I listen to a lot of stuff. But not much comedy.

####.....everytime I see the "Hedonism" thread I laugh thinking of Rev trying to pronounce it

"He went to hediumnism......hedIUMNism"

JettPowers said:
Here is a picture of the mess who's going to bang 1001 dudes. :drive: :lmao: :hot:

Looks like Siobhan. No wonder Howard didn't want to touch her cans.
Gotta love the invitation on her website:"All ErinDaye site members are invited to come to Columbus and [have relations with] me. Any site member will be reimbursed for their blood test up to $50.00, if you attend the GB."
Eddie the Produce Guy should have taken the $2500.

Stern fans:

Watching Dice Undisputed where Dice returns to Howie's show. What the F@#% is up with Ronnie the Limo driver having his face blurred out? Does he actually think he's that important or did VH1 simply forget to have the papers signed?!?

anybody know where I can download that fab faux performance from this week?
using bittorrent
I love copyright infringement!!!!Maybe I should just walk into the store and steal Private Parts too!!!!
I have two Sirius satellite radios and still download the show - how is that copyright infrigement?
You're a lawyer. Do I have to spell it out?
Please do - how can I steal what I already pay for and own? No different than making a backup copy of a DVD I own. I already paid for it and own it but would like an extra copy for my convenience. Now if I didn't have Sirius then I would agree with you. Not like walking into a store and stealing at all IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow...Stern in London from 1986 ;) :goodposting:

that's the best they could offer up this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stern fans:Watching Dice Undisputed where Dice returns to Howie's show. What the F@#% is up with Ronnie the Limo driver having his face blurred out? Does he actually think he's that important or did VH1 simply forget to have the papers signed?!?
I noticed that too and laughed. Has to do with he didn't sign a release or something.

Kind of sucks he is off again.
it wouldn't bother me that he's off if they played something mildly interesting in the meantime. who cares about a show in London from 21 years ago? there's 0 chance of me turning on 100 or 101 again today, and that's a big part of my daily routine. :ptts:

Kind of sucks he is off again.
it wouldn't bother me that he's off if they played something mildly interesting in the meantime. who cares about a show in London from 21 years ago? there's 0 chance of me turning on 100 or 101 again today, and that's a big part of my daily routine. :)
Yeah I agree. I have little interest in the old shows. It will probably be some conservative talk guy I will listen to on the hour drive home today for laughs.

Users who are viewing this thread