What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (6 Viewers)

Yea I got he wasn't pleased with the bit, was wondering how it came up.Sounds like artie is close to being done with it, he sounds miserable.
It originally came up because Robin opened the show saying "Good Morning, jerk" to Howard. She was referencing the fact that on the wrap-up show yesterday, I guess Artie called Howard a jerk. I didn't hear that specific comment, but he was very agitated on the wrap-up show about the whole bit. Really laid into Bob Levy.

I think both Artie and Howard were "right" in this situation.

Artie obviously has a ton of psychological issues and can get to a really dark place and I think he was legitimately and understandably hurt by being "made into a sideshow", if you want to say that.

At the same time, he totally plays into the fat jokes all the time.

I also certainly don't think that Howard was trying to be malicious with that bit yesterday. I think it is a bit of a stretch to say it was just to help Artie out. He obviously thought it would be good radio or else he wouldn't have put it on.

Artie's being really unfair to Howard right now. The show is based around everyone busting on each other. Artie is unfairly taking it personally and then unfairly insulting Howard personally by saying "you're not really a friend."

I agree. Artie is so f'd up in the head it's ridiculous. Was Stern a little out of line for bringing in a fat fetish chick? Probably, but he told Artie he was wrong for doing it.

I agree. Artie is so f'd up in the head it's ridiculous. Was Stern a little out of line for bringing in a fat fetish chick? Probably, but he told Artie he was wrong for doing it.
yea from what I heard, Artie was way out of line. he's going nuts.how about stern saying he had a gun in his mouth...twice. is that something he's said before?the whole show today was like a therapy session, uncomfortably so.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea from what I heard, Artie was way out of line. he's going nuts.how about stern saying he had a gun in his mouth...twice. is that something he's said before?

the whole show today was like a therapy session, uncomfortably so.
I missed that part. If he was being honest instead of just trying to comfort Artie, that's some crazy ####.Hopefully Artie gets some help and stays with the show. They just really need to leave him alone for awhile...let him eat and nap.

yea from what I heard, Artie was way out of line. he's going nuts.how about stern saying he had a gun in his mouth...twice. is that something he's said before?

I missed that part. If he was being honest instead of just trying to comfort Artie, that's some crazy ####.Hopefully Artie gets some help and stays with the show. They just really need to leave him alone for awhile...let him eat and nap.
sounded like he was serious to me...when he said it, artie stopped and said "whoa". crazy show, wish I could have heard it all.

sounded like he was serious to me...when he said it, artie stopped and said "whoa". crazy show, wish I could have heard it all.
I haven't heard the gun part yet either. Theres a good chance i dont change the channel at all today. :confused: I also agree on it being uncomfortable at points.

Artie not a very good comedian, but he is money on this show. I hope he realizes how good he is on here and ets help so he can stay.

Artie's being really unfair to Howard right now. The show is based around everyone busting on each other. Artie is unfairly taking it personally and then unfairly insulting Howard personally by saying "you're not really a friend."
yea from what I heard, Artie was way out of line. he's going nuts.
Listening to some of the first hour for the 2nd time, Artie really was more out of line that I originally thought. He clearly has way more going on in his head right now and this set him off.

Artie not a very good comedian, but he is money on this show. I hope he realizes how good he is on here and ets help so he can stay.
sounds like he's kind of trapped. he probably doesn't get paid (for him) what it takes to keep his lifestyle up, so he has to travel to do the gigs and the tv shows. but then, he apparently hates doing that stuff. I doub he gets enough on Stern alone to make the money he wants. he whines about the schedule, but christ, it doesn't appear to be that bad. four days a week, probably from 5 am to 1 pm tops, tons of vacation a year. :confused:

sounds like he's kind of trapped. he probably doesn't get paid (for him) what it takes to keep his lifestyle up, so he has to travel to do the gigs and the tv shows. but then, he apparently hates doing that stuff. I doub he gets enough on Stern alone to make the money he wants. he whines about the schedule, but christ, it doesn't appear to be that bad. four days a week, probably from 5 am to 1 pm tops, tons of vacation a year. :goodposting:
He is in a predicament, thats for sure. Like you said, I don't see how the 4day work week is bad for him since he travels. Having every Friday off to have a full travel day and not have to be rushed after work has to make it easy on him. He's said that he has ruined everything that has ever been good in his life. THis show will just be the next thing. Sad, really.

sounds like he's kind of trapped. he probably doesn't get paid (for him) what it takes to keep his lifestyle up, so he has to travel to do the gigs and the tv shows. but then, he apparently hates doing that stuff. I doub he gets enough on Stern alone to make the money he wants. he whines about the schedule, but christ, it doesn't appear to be that bad. four days a week, probably from 5 am to 1 pm tops, tons of vacation a year. :wall:
He is in a predicament, thats for sure. Like you said, I don't see how the 4day work week is bad for him since he travels. Having every Friday off to have a full travel day and not have to be rushed after work has to make it easy on him. He's said that he has ruined everything that has ever been good in his life. THis show will just be the next thing. Sad, really.
Can't wait to catch the replay on the way home. In addition to his whining about the schedule, his willingness to sleep at breaks and during the show (!) is definitely a change in attitude for the worst. Very strange for someone who's doing his lifelong dream job.

sounds like he's kind of trapped. he probably doesn't get paid (for him) what it takes to keep his lifestyle up, so he has to travel to do the gigs and the tv shows. but then, he apparently hates doing that stuff. I doub he gets enough on Stern alone to make the money he wants. he whines about the schedule, but christ, it doesn't appear to be that bad. four days a week, probably from 5 am to 1 pm tops, tons of vacation a year.

:yawn:
I'm not too sure about that. He's often said that he is just trying to make as much money as possible so he could retire at like 45. He mentioned yesterday that he really doesn't have any expenses (doesn't buy clothes, etc.)I think it's obvious that he has a depressive personality, so no matter what he's doing, he's always going to feel like he's missing out on something.

Howard has one friend. Howard. The guy is everything he despised when he was actually funny and real. Read his first book and listen to some old tapes. Howard is the King of allHypocritical A-Holes

how about stern saying he had a gun in his mouth...twice. is that something he's said before?
Just caught this, and wow. Even Robin responded with 'REALLY?'.I didnt catch the wrap up show to hear what or if Gary had anything to say about that. Anyone?

The guy is everything he despised when he was actually funny and real. Read his first book and listen to some old tapes.
Done both, and the Sirius show is still great.Thanks for the long dramatic pauses though, Rome.

how about stern saying he had a gun in his mouth...twice. is that something he's said before?
Just caught this, and wow. Even Robin responded with 'REALLY?'.I didnt catch the wrap up show to hear what or if Gary had anything to say about that. Anyone?
Yeah, Howard tried to down play it later, but he did sound serious at the time. I only caught the last five minutes of the wrap-up show. But Artie was on the entire time so I'm sure they covered everything.Sucks that this happened on Thursday and they will be on vacation next week. Although the break comes at a great time for Artie, I really hope he stays as he is such a big part of the show. If Artie does leave, Greg Fitzsimmons might be a decent replacement. But as Levy said, no one can really replace Artie.

Yeah, Howard tried to down play it later, but he did sound serious at the time. I only caught the last five minutes of the wrap-up show. But Artie was on the entire time so I'm sure they covered everything.Sucks that this happened on Thursday and they will be on vacation next week. Although the break comes at a great time for Artie, I really hope he stays as he is such a big part of the show.
He could use this time, you're right.
If Artie does leave, Greg Fitzsimmons might be a decent replacement. But as Levy said, no one can really replace Artie.
I would want Attell over Fitzsimmons ever so slightly.

huh, googling takes me to a page on howardstern.com that shows the weekend schedule for May 19-20, but I can't figure out how to get to it from inside the site, and I can't find one for May 26-27.

I was out of town last week. Damn...sounds like I missed some great radio on Thursday.

If anyone finds a link to the audio of the show, let me know.

Can't believe the gun to the mouth comment. :rolleyes:

Great memories of Jackie today.

The guy is everything he despised when he was actually funny and real. Read his first book and listen to some old tapes.
Done both, and the Sirius show is still great.Thanks for the long dramatic pauses though, Rome.
:shock: [Frank Caliendo as Jim Rome]And now I am going to pause for no reason at all.I just got a fax in from Alan in New York. Now I am going to randomly shuffle papers to prove I do indeed have a fax in my hand.:shufflespaper:That.Was.Phenomenal.[/Frank Caliendo as Jim Rome]

Great special so far, I listened off and on yesterday and just read that yesterday's show was 13 hours long??
Wow. I thought there were fewer times I ran across a part I had heard before. BTW, late last night I caught the Real Doll prank. :goodposting: at Stern's reaction. Uuhuhuh....

Now this is good stuff - almost okays another ridiculous vacation break - Jackie pays back Rodney in jokes!!! :goodposting: :mellow:

BTW - Artie is a fool - he really does ruin everything good in his life. He is not a great comic or actor - he is tailor made for the show. He'll blow all his money on drugs and be forced to open for Jackie at Chuckles and the Ha Ha factory in five years.

I kno wit is a long shot but do we have a return of Jackie possibility in January??? Doubt it but it would be a great way to end the show in 2 years!

love all the grief they've been given robin over her diet fad.
Did you listen yesterday? It was especially funny that Howard asked her if it was the 'fat jokes' lately that have been getting to her --- she tried to say that she's been looking into this for a very long time (over a year), which was complete B.S. Everytime someone says anything about her weight, she gets VERY quiet (which isn't in her big-mouth nature).

Did they do the news yesterday? I usually listen until about 10 and then turn it off so I have something new for my ride home. When I left it, they had just finished the Beth/Howard/Dr. Keith segment.

When I turned on the replay at 4:45, though, they were into commercials and then the show started again at about 5:00. Normally, the replay runs until 5:30-5:45.

I think they're getting the point with the Friday shows. Thye've been pretty good the past couple of weeks.

I think they're getting the point with the Friday shows. Thye've been pretty good the past couple of weeks.
I listen to Bubba on Friday mornings but I did catch part of it in the afternoon. The old Stern family recordings are hilarious. :banned: I just can't take Jackie and his ####### laugh for long.

I listen to Bubba on Friday mornings but I did catch part of it in the afternoon. The old Stern family recordings are hilarious. :banned: I just can't take Jackie and his ####### laugh for long.
I listened to Bubba this morning. It was pretty good with talk about Hedonism. Didn't compare to the thread here on FBG though :banned:

My XM Myfi just bit the dust & I just cancelled service. What receiver would you buy , XACT8 w/car & home sets for $79 or the Sportster 4 w/home & car for $149 - 30 rebate for a $119 total?

Was 1st looking at the stiletto 10 for $139 but don't like the headphone setup

Users who are viewing this thread