What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

I would get the Stiletto 100 with a car kit. You can plug ear buds into for MP3 playing. I get decene reception outside and WiFi w/o the headphone attenna.

My XM Myfi just bit the dust & I just cancelled service. What receiver would you buy , XACT8 w/car & home sets for $79 or the Sportster 4 w/home & car for $149 - 30 rebate for a $119 total?Was 1st looking at the stiletto 10 for $139 but don't like the headphone setup
Im not a fan of the XACT brand, no luck with it. I would get the Sportster4 and run. :thumbdown:

I've been listening for about 6 months now...I'll make some n00b observations as I have a pretty good grasp on the cast of characters.

Robin just annoys the living piss out of me. I know she gets a lot of flack here, but I don't see how the show has been so wildly successful for so long with her on it. It's amazing to me how talented Howard, Fred and Artie/Jackie must be to carry her for so long. It's really the licking Howard's ###hole and agreeing with everything he says that burns me. I've had to change the channel some mornings as I get so sick of hearing it. Can't believe Artie hasn't blown up on her more.
I also get annoyed with how everybody talks over each other and how Howard can't finish a thought sometimes as he shifts along to something else. Jesus Christ, finish a sentence and then take a phone call or something.
Also, I wish he didn't take so many phone calls during great bits with the staff. Who gives a #### what Joe in Milbury Kansas thinks of Sal's marriage?
Artie, Sal and Richard are gold. Sal's songs about his wife are unbelievably funny.
I don't get into the wack pack shtick too much, except for the midget. Some of them are just too disgusting.
Amazing how good they are at coming up with funny games and bits. Stern is a hell of an editor.
Masterpiece Theatre is horrible, but the "best of" type shows they've been doing during vacation are really well done and interesting. I don't even bother flipping to the station on Fridays anymore though.
Overall I do think the show is terrific, but it does seem to me like Howard is just playing out the string here. Hopefully he stays longer but it doesn't seem like he really wants to carry on.

I've been listening for about 6 months now...I'll make some n00b observations as I have a pretty good grasp on the cast of characters.

Robin just annoys the living piss out of me. I know she gets a lot of flack here, but I don't see how the show has been so wildly successful for so long with her on it. It's amazing to me how talented Howard, Fred and Artie/Jackie must be to carry her for so long. It's really the licking Howard's ###hole and agreeing with everything he says that burns me. I've had to change the channel some mornings as I get so sick of hearing it. Can't believe Artie hasn't blown up on her more.
I also get annoyed with how everybody talks over each other and how Howard can't finish a thought sometimes as he shifts along to something else. Jesus Christ, finish a sentence and then take a phone call or something.
Also, I wish he didn't take so many phone calls during great bits with the staff. Who gives a #### what Joe in Milbury Kansas thinks of Sal's marriage?
Artie, Sal and Richard are gold. Sal's songs about his wife are unbelievably funny.
I don't get into the wack pack shtick too much, except for the midget. Some of them are just too disgusting.
Amazing how good they are at coming up with funny games and bits. Stern is a hell of an editor.
Masterpiece Theatre is horrible, but the "best of" type shows they've been doing during vacation are really well done and interesting. I don't even bother flipping to the station on Fridays anymore though.
Overall I do think the show is terrific, but it does seem to me like Howard is just playing out the string here. Hopefully he stays longer but it doesn't seem like he really wants to carry on.
As a lapsed listener, I'd agree with all of this except with the wack pack. I would stop whatever it was I was doing whenever Beetle was on the air. The most memorable bit from that show for me was Beetle agreeing with Howard that the Jews and the Eskimos were responsible for 9/11.

As a lapsed listener, I'd agree with all of this except with the wack pack. I would stop whatever it was I was doing whenever Beetle was on the air. The most memorable bit from that show for me was Beetle agreeing with Howard that the Jews and the Eskimos were responsible for 9/11.
Funny you should mention that, as I was going to bring up how I've never heard Beetle. The only time I remember him coming on was sometime around Christmas and I had to get out of the car for something. If he's been back since then, I haven't heard it. Heard a little bit of him on Mastertape, but not enough to form an opinion.

i love it when gilbert godfrey comes on, and stays for robin's news. he and artie dont shut up the whole time, and do nothing but piss her off.

I agree with you in a lot of ways. The Robin hi-jacking and pandering is the only thing that seems to have gotten worse since the move to satelite. At least I can't remember wanting to strangle her when they were on terrestrial. Not only is it her constant agreeing with Howard, but in her eyes, she's predicted everything in the world 100% correctly and has to remind us off this. your second pt is spot on and seems to get worse recently. In recent interviews (michael moore, maroon 5 etc), Howard asks a question of the guest and then everyone, besides the guest, answers or chimes in. let the person talk for kris' sake

now that i've vented too, the show overall is great. I love Eric the Midget, Blue Iris and Bigfoot - radio gold every time. I'm happy Cabbie's gone too.

i love it when gilbert godfrey comes on, and stays for robin's news. he and artie dont shut up the whole time, and do nothing but piss her off.
:goodposting: forgot about him. love when he's on.
Really? I think he's utterly talentless, but ironically, I love the Gilbert laugh clip they play at the most inappropriate times.
don't get me wrong, he annoys the #### outta me.. but the way he gets robin all wound up when shes trying to read her news.... :wall:

Capella said:

1) I can definitely agree with this when it comes to having guests on. Sometimes the guests can't answer the questions properly because everyone is talking. I think Howard has some kind of pacing of the show in his head (he's mentioned this a couple times), so he feels it's time to move on based on timing, rather than actual content.2) He throws in random phone calls at all times that seem weird. I think he is getting recommendations from Will as to who would be a good caller to put up at the time. Sometimes it really works and sometimes it's not that good.

3) I disagree with this. The Wack Pack Politically Incorrect bit with Bill Maher was one of my favorite things ever. Bigfoot is amazing.

How about Fred's blowup this morning...
Missed it, what happened?
At the very top of the show...Howard did some game, guess the obscure Beatles song, Fred disagreed with the choice of songs and went off the deep end, hilarious interaction as Fred goes nuts
That was funny. But the fake talk show Radio contest with Sal and Richard was great.The other day listening to Blue Iris and Big Foot compare ailments was :goodposting:

:shock: Beet is great.He's Beetle, he's bad as can and he knows he's the best..."

I tuned into the Darth Nihilus thing late the other day and didn't know it was from a Star Wars convention. I thought it was Imus at first ;) Does it sound like him to anyone else?

Also, isn't it about time for a vist from George?

Anyone hear the Robin reading the news story about a couple that apparently were naked and going at it on top of a building only to fall off? They found naked bodies on the ground and the clothes on top of the building.

Anyways, as Robin was saying that the couple must have fallen off the building Fred dropped in a Nick Manning, "UghghgghghghgghOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

Hilarious.

I also can't get enough of that Tracy office manager laying into Grillo.

I tuned into the Darth Nihilus thing late the other day and didn't know it was from a Star Wars convention. I thought it was Imus at first :blackdot: Does it sound like him to anyone else?
someone called in and mentioned how it sounded like Imus. Everyone agreed it did sound a little like him. I could see thinking it was him if you didn't know better.

It was referenced today. One of my favorite moments was when Howard was duped into thinking his Mom was on the phone. It was just Fred playing her voice. ;hello;

Have they played that recently? I really want to hear that again.

Who the hell cares about Joey Boots?

That Iron Sheik stuff is some of the best material they have had in a long time

Who the hell cares about Joey Boots?That Iron Sheik stuff is some of the best material they have had in a long time
I sure don't.Did they even acknowledge that they are going to be off for 2 weeks? Seems weird not to even mention it, unless I missed it. Hopefully we get some good Mammary Lanes coming up.

Who the hell cares about Joey Boots?That Iron Sheik stuff is some of the best material they have had in a long time
I sure don't.Did they even acknowledge that they are going to be off for 2 weeks? Seems weird not to even mention it, unless I missed it. Hopefully we get some good Mammary Lanes coming up.
Do you know it's 2 weeks for sure?They referenced the music special on July 4, plus Dominic wished them a good vacation next week when he was on yesterday.I don't think they ever really acknowledge when they are going on vacation.

I would like them to do some "Best of" from the time at Sirius. I guess they got away from that since the shows are already replayed so much, but there are a lot of things I'd still rather hear again instead of some MTT.

two weeks? jesus.
It's not easy working five ahours a day, four days a week, for 40 weeks a year.

Users who are viewing this thread