What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (3 Viewers)

They'll be back on the 16th, and I believe George Takei will be with them. I wish George was there more often.

Who the hell cares about Joey Boots?
Boots worked at my company for a few months years ago. Probably around 1999-2000. His coming out was big news at the job.Funny though, I remember him always talking about how Howard was done and O&A and the Radio Chick were the new wave. But really, to most Howard fans...wtf cares?

I think he's going to go with Bubba as his successor and I hate the thought of that. I'll switch to music in the mornings if that's the case. Nascar, redneck humor isn't my thing, and I hope Howard is smart enough to realize that. I know Bubba has a following, but I just don't dig him.

Commish77 said:
I think he's going to go with Bubba as his successor and I hate the thought of that. I'll switch to music in the mornings if that's the case. Nascar, redneck humor isn't my thing, and I hope Howard is smart enough to realize that. I know Bubba has a following, but I just don't dig him.
I'm not sure that he's even that worried about it. I'm sure Sirius would listen to his input and possibly go as far as saying we'll do whatever you want us to, but I don't know that he even will want/need to pick anyone. Technically, Tim Sabean is the program director, so it's really his job. Again, Stern obviously has enough power and respect that Sabean would probably do what Stern said, if Stern had a strong opinion. I also don't really get Bubba and highly doubt I'd listen to him in the morning. I think some combination of comics like Artie, Fitzsimmons, Andy **** or any others who can do a good show would be good. Maybe Florentine in the mix too.

I'm not sure what the point of a "successor" would be. It's not actually Howard Stern, so they'll lose a ton of audience.

I'm sure one of the channels will be devoted to the MTT and flashback type episodes anyways.

I originally got Sirius to listen to Howard. Then, on a friend's recommendation, I turned on Bubba and at first I just had him on as background noise, but now Bubba has grown on me. I wouldn't mind if he replaced Howard at some point. But it would be awesome if Howard reupped for another 5 years, although with that kind of dough already in the bank, I'd be surprised if he comes back.

I originally got Sirius to listen to Howard. Then, on a friend's recommendation, I turned on Bubba and at first I just had him on as background noise, but now Bubba has grown on me. I wouldn't mind if he replaced Howard at some point. But it would be awesome if Howard reupped for another 5 years, although with that kind of dough already in the bank, I'd be surprised if he comes back.
I first heard Bubba on XM many years ago.He was funny then, especially with Manson/Ned.Now that they are uncensored it's even better.Howard is still growing on me.

Mike Judge and Jackie puppet during the news is hysterical.
Just heard this. freaking awesome. :lmao:
:goodposting:
I thought Howard was smart to back off of his Fartman character during this segment. I could see him today trying to squeeze that mostly unfunny material in with the Jackie Puppet, Gary Puppet and Mike Judge but he backed off and let them take over. Jackie Puppet never fails to make me laugh!

Does anyone else change the station immediately when you see "October 1994" on the Sirius display?

Seriously... who cares??? :unsure:
I do...I love it. I enjoy Fridays as much as the rest of the week. As far as Im concerned they can pick any day that Howard has worked and I will laugh my #### off. Im constently reminded of how great the cast and crew are. Jackie puppet is one of my all time favorites. I never stop laughing when I hear it. Its better than the real Jackie by far.

I could see Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Corolla replacing Howard when the times comes. Although I do think Howard will remain on the air longer then his current contract calls for. I see Howard retiring when he is 58-59. I think he loves doing the show more then ever but that he would feel foolish doing this type of show at the age of 60.

I doubt Kimmel will have long-time staying power with his late-night show. He and Corolla would be my first choices to take over Howard's gig. They would have to keep Gary as producer of course. Robin will retire with Howard. But I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Fred stick around.

A show with Kimmel and Corolla with Gary producing would do well. Keep Sal, Richard and the Wack Pack around as well. Kimmel's late night show may fail but I wouldn't be surprised if he starting doing movies or a sitcom. I think by the time Howard is ready to hang it up we'll know where Kimmel's career is heading.

Might be smart of Howard to try to make the show like the "Tonight Show" but the "Morning Show." Own the rights to the show and the time slot even after he stops hosting. If you integrate a new host in with many of the same characters the show might continue to be very successful.

Does anyone else change the station immediately when you see "October 1994" on the Sirius display?

Seriously... who cares??? :confused:
I do...I love it. I enjoy Fridays as much as the rest of the week. As far as I'm concerned they can pick any day that Howard has worked and I will laugh my #### off. Im constently reminded of how great the cast and crew are.
I hate to be this simplistic about it, but I don't care for the old shows as much because they can't use foul language.Let's face it... F-bombs are funny. Especially the material in roasts. How bland would those roasts have been on terrestrial?

Seriously... who cares??? :popcorn:
I do...I love it. I enjoy Fridays as much as the rest of the week. As far as I'm concerned they can pick any day that Howard has worked and I will laugh my #### off. Im constently reminded of how great the cast and crew are.
I hate to be this simplistic about it, but I don't care for the old shows as much because they can't use foul language.Let's face it... F-bombs are funny. Especially the material in roasts. How bland would those roasts have been on terrestrial?
That's how I feel. I thought this old stuff was going to be played uncensored, but I guess that couldn't be done.As for replacing Howard, that will never happen. That will be the end of an era. Others will come, but it will never be The Howard Stern Show.

Seriously... who cares??? :sadbanana:
That's how I feel. I thought this old stuff was going to be played uncensored, but I guess that couldn't be done.As for replacing Howard, that will never happen. That will be the end of an era. Others will come, but it will never be The Howard Stern Show.
I take it you arent a history major. And if you need to drop F-bombs in order to be funny...you arent funny.It is uncensored....they just didnt drop F-bombs because they are professionals. When other guests mess up, you hear it. And the reaction from Stern and the crew is hilarious.

Seriously... who cares??? :moneybag:
I take it you arent a history major. And if you need to drop F-bombs in order to be funny...you arent funny.It is uncensored....they just didnt drop F-bombs because they are professionals. When other guests mess up, you hear it. And the reaction from Stern and the crew is hilarious.
History major? :sadbanana: You think they didn't drop F-bombs because they were professionals? And you've been listening to Howard for how long?

Seriously... who cares??? :shrug:
History major? ;) You think they didn't drop F-bombs because they were professionals? And you've been listening to Howard for how long?
I miss read the first part. The history thing was in reference to not like listening to it because it was old...and not because of the profanity aspect. Ive been listening to Howard as long as I can remember and even when he came to Sirius originally he didnt want it to be an F-bomb party. In the second week on Sirius he banned Sal because he was using profanity for no apparent reason. Howard is a pro and he doesnt need profanity to be funny...that was the point of my professional statement. If you listen, he rarely curses. Its Artie, Sal, Richard, and the rest of the ####### that use profanity. Howard only uses it when it needed...not as a filler like most of the people on the show. As far as Im concerned, the old shows are just as funny even without the profanity.

Seriously... who cares??? ;)
when they play MTT shows, they will uncensor they prior bleeps and dead air of the past. Now you just never heard Howard or his people ever using foul language on the show since they did a very professional job and were able to control their cursing. However, if you listen to some of the old interviews with some of the people who were tougher to control, like Jackie Stallone, then the f bombs are flying on the old shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've improved on the tapes because I've been enjoying MTT. Their specials while on vacation have been great lately too. .

Done right, if Howard does retire, I can listen to replay tapes probably for the rest of my life..

They've improved on the tapes because I've been enjoying MTT. Their specials while on vacation have been great lately too. .Done right, if Howard does retire, I can listen to replay tapes probably for the rest of my life..
Mammary Lane has been better than MTT, but MTT is getting better. Friday was great w/ the Jackie Puppet. ;)

Anyone ever listen to Howard through Streamer? What's on there now, doesn't seem to be anything in the lineup. They're older shows, but doesn't seem to be MTT or Mammary Lane. Like they had that great moment in radio history late last night when they played the show where Gary's tape to Nancy was played, and they sold tickets to it. It was so :lmao: :shrug: . I was :cry: Good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
RAIDERNATION said:
Why do you turn it on on Fridays in the first place then? Do you think they will magically start doing live shows again?
No. I'm hoping that one of these Fridays, they might be magically bringing programming which doesn't completely suck.
This past Friday was hysterical. They aren't always, but at it's peak in the 90s, the show was funnier censored than the current show is uncensored. If you hear Sam Kinison, Richard Simmons, Mike Judge, Michael Buffer, or a handful of other guests and you immediately tune out, you're seriously missing out on some terrific radio.

Great Mammary Lane with an Eazy-E interview from ’93. Eazy was coughing a lot and sounded really lethargic and sick.

By the time he died a year and a half later, they said he was in the advanced stages of AIDS, so it was kind of eerie that those may have been early symptoms. Or, it could have just been a bad cold.

I loved hearing the Dexter Carter (of the Jets at the time) phone call today. I remember loving it back in the 90's. Billy West as Granpa Al was great,. " I'm surprised you didn't drop the phone! Yeah!!"

this week's material has finally been good enough to listen the whole time. I just caught the wanna-be-model Zenaida Perez - she's the source of the crying sound effect they use regularly. Hilarious!

They should have ran the music special on Howard 101 and continued Mammary Lane on 100. The music was cool on the 4th but was a drag yesterday.

Running the roasts is a bad idea for next week. Isn't everyone tired of the roasts? Howard won't even have another one until next year. They should just re-air the top 100 Howard moments. I only caught pieces of that when it originaly aired. Like most probably.

They should have ran the music special on Howard 101 and continued Mammary Lane on 100. The music was cool on the 4th but was a drag yesterday.Running the roasts is a bad idea for next week. Isn't everyone tired of the roasts? Howard won't even have another one until next year. They should just re-air the top 100 Howard moments. I only caught pieces of that when it originaly aired. Like most probably.
As a new Sirius subscriber, I am eager to hear these....

They should have ran the music special on Howard 101 and continued Mammary Lane on 100. The music was cool on the 4th but was a drag yesterday.Running the roasts is a bad idea for next week. Isn't everyone tired of the roasts? Howard won't even have another one until next year. They should just re-air the top 100 Howard moments. I only caught pieces of that when it originaly aired. Like most probably.
Colin Quinn stole the Gary roast.All of the others, Lisa Lampanelli killed.

Just heard the Vincent Gallo interview (hadn't heard it earlier in the week).

One of my fav interviews ever. They really need to have him back now that he can freely (though it didn't stop him in several instances).

Colin Quinn stole the Gary roast.All of the others, Lisa Lampanelli killed.
Colin Quinn shows in his roasting that he is a true fan and listener with his lines and zings that he brings up.

:rolleyes: :thumbup: :lmao:

Holy crap, did anyone else here these Richard interviews from Rocklahoma?

"I LOVE TO ROCK MAN!!"

Oh my god, can we please replace Andrea as Miss Howard Stern already. She has zero entertainment value and is repulsive.

Miss Howard Stern should be a cool, smokin hot chick.

I don't know.... She's had 5 abortions, and she's been in rehab 4 times. She has a kid named Beyonce! She's drunk and/or High off her tail all the time and she's highly uneducated, yet she's SMOKING hot. I agree that she can wear on you, but she is the DEFINITION of Miss Howard Stern.

A cool smoking hot chick would be kinda boring to listen too after awhile no?

Users who are viewing this thread