Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
jamny

***Howard Stern***

I'm listening to the History of Howard Stern right now. Is there a schedule of when the different episodes will air. I looked on howardstern.com and didn't see anything.

any good? figured the early days would be boring....

It's been great so far. Very well done.

:sadbanana: Im enjoying itThey need to release this on CD

It seemed good, but I haven't really learned much yet.

It's weird that some of parts from the show where Howard is recounting things about when he was young are from within the past few months. I'm kind of thinking they did those on the show just to give this special more material (?)

It seemed good, but I haven't really learned much yet.It's weird that some of parts from the show where Howard is recounting things about when he was young are from within the past few months. I'm kind of thinking they did those on the show just to give this special more material (?)

Or because Howard didn't have enough time to sit down and be interviewed like most of the other people heard on the special. A two birds with one stone thing.

When Private Parts came out Howard brought up a lot of stories from the past too. He might have brought them up recently because it would be used on the special or, I think, he just brought it up because he was reliving a lot of memories with the research going on.

Loving the special so far.

I can listen to this all day! In fact, I have been. I cant wait to hear the first time Howard and Robin were on the air together...then when Fred came along. Im loving this!

Really like it, save for not knowing who is talking half the time. Just jumps from one person to the next on the same subject. Other than that, :goodposting:

also digging it.

Always thought somebody could have redone the "Behind the Music" series for the radio. This kinda has that flavor.

I had a good laugh listening to the 'History' show yesterday. When they tell the story about Howard going on his first acid trip, they play Whole Lotta Love and during the psychadelic part they play echoed clips of his parents.

:useless:

Edited by Seymour Corn

Today's show has been excellent. Even better than yesterday

Noticably little about Allison.Not even an interview.

Divorce will do that - although she made a mint from Howard and turned around and married a super rich dude less than a year after their divorce was dry....always seemed strange to me - could it be that after resisting all his temptations she actually cheated on him? What a smack in the face!

I can listen to this all day! In fact, I have been. I cant wait to hear the first time Howard and Robin were on the air together...then when Fred came along. Im loving this!

I thought Howard and Fred worked together first. Then Howard moved, started working with Robin then brought Fred in to work with him again?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I have heard rumors that pursuant to the divorce he can't discuss her at length (similar to Les Moonves).Or maybe he just has respect for her and doesn't want to speak ill of her

Divorce will do that - although she made a mint from Howard and turned around and married a super rich dude less than a year after their divorce was dry....always seemed strange to me - could it be that after resisting all his temptations she actually cheated on him? What a smack in the face!
I don't know if she actually cheated on him, but it seems fairly clear that in the late 80's and early 90's, Howard was beyond obsessed with his career, so I'd imagine he was pretty distant most of the time. Even if she didn't cheat, I wouldn't be surprised if she had been ready to get out for a while.

I was so disappointed with the amount of time they were going to be gone. But I must say this History of Howard is so well done, and I'm really enjoying it. What would also make these next two weeks doable is knowing that George Takei would come back for two weeks. I just love him on the show.

I was so disappointed with the amount of time they were going to be gone. But I must say this History of Howard is so well done, and I'm really enjoying it. What would also make these next two weeks doable is knowing that George Takei would come back for two weeks. I just love him on the show.

Oh my! /Takei

What was up with Howard's high-pitch southern accent when he was on in DC? God, that was annoying.

Completely agree.

What was up with Howard's high-pitch southern accent when he was on in DC? God, that was annoying.

I noted today that the incessant clapping years were at WNBC. I hope they discuss who came up with that idea and how they get fired. It sounds so amateurish.

I noted today that the incessant clapping years were at WNBC. I hope they discuss who came up with that idea and how they get fired. It sounds so amateurish.
:goodposting: Its so stupid, but I cant help but laugh at the clapping shtick.

Really shocked that they got Pig Virus to contribute.

And I now have "Rebel, rebel...." burned into my head after listening all week.

also digging it.

Always thought somebody could have redone the "Behind the Music" series for the radio. This kinda has that flavor.

:doh:

just realized yesterday that the narrator actually is the one from the Behind the Music Series (Jim Forbes).

So they're only going through the end of WNBC?

I like it, but why not continue on beyond that? Maybe that will be next Christmas . . .

For my birthday, wife got me 6 of the Artie Lange cupcakes shipped from NY. They are pretty damn good, but I can see why Artie has a problem. I only ate half of one and serious had a sugar crash. I don't see how you could eat that many of them, though, because they are so damn rich.

:goodposting: Its so stupid, but I cant help but laugh at the clapping shtick.
Migod was that an embarrassment! I kept trying to turn the channel, but it was like watching a train wreck.

Today was the last day I guess. It was also the best day and Im dying to hear more highlights from the end of NBC and the beginning of KROCK.

I think today was the perfect show to showcase why he is the biggest radio star of all time, and there will never be another like him. He wasnt Mr socially conscious, or Mr "the fact of the matter is" intellectual, or Mr 500 million dollars, beautiful model fiance, and Hamptons Howie.....he was just a regular ########. He was the everyman, who talked crap about his boss, and complained about his sex life, and a guy that just wanted to escape real life for a few hours a day with some stupid, light-hearted guy humor.

I laugh every time Al was in the background trying to talk. Don't know why, but it's just funny to me. :goodposting:

Today was the last day I guess. It was also the best day and Im dying to hear more highlights from the end of NBC and the beginning of KROCK.

I think today was the perfect show to showcase why he is the biggest radio star of all time, and there will never be another like him. He wasnt Mr socially conscious, or Mr "the fact of the matter is" intellectual, or Mr 500 million dollars, beautiful model fiance, and Hamptons Howie.....he was just a regular ########. He was the everyman, who talked crap about his boss, and complained about his sex life, and a guy that just wanted to escape real life for a few hours a day with some stupid, light-hearted guy humor.

:shark:

times change

loved the old Howard

Today was the last day I guess. It was also the best day and Im dying to hear more highlights from the end of NBC and the beginning of KROCK.I think today was the perfect show to showcase why he is the biggest radio star of all time, and there will never be another like him. He wasnt Mr socially conscious, or Mr "the fact of the matter is" intellectual, or Mr 500 million dollars, beautiful model fiance, and Hamptons Howie.....he was just a regular ########. He was the everyman, who talked crap about his boss, and complained about his sex life, and a guy that just wanted to escape real life for a few hours a day with some stupid, light-hearted guy humor.

Funny how his sound changed so radically from stop to stop. Not sure if it was a conscious decision on his part.In DC, he had a nasally, southern accent.At WNBC, it sounded like he was doing a Groucho Marx imitation. Edited by Raider Nation

I haven't listened for a long time. I have listened the last two days....1983 and 1985. Holy #### the constant clapping clip they play is annoying. I don't remember that from when I listened over the past decade.

During the great Bro fight of May 07, didn't Artie say that his contract was up in January? Has there been any further mention of him extending the contract?

Eric dyes his hair.. :goodposting:

I was tempted to look up the website to check this out, but for Eric and other supporting cast, the picture in my head is usually funnier than the reality. Beetlejuice is the one exception to this.

Eric dyes his hair.. :useless:

I was tempted to look up the website to check this out, but for Eric and other supporting cast, the picture in my head is usually funnier than the reality. Beetlejuice is the one exception to this.
you really haven't lived until you've seen the Eric webcam.

Eric dyes his hair.. :)

I've tried and I get pictures of two dogs or what looks to be him in a loop.jfsc.tvAnd I wasn't sure if Artie just was saying he would leave at the end of the year, or his contract was up.

Still cant get over that stud Ronnie. Scores man bags a 24 yr old hottie, seperated from Bonnie.

LETS $%^# SOME @#$%%^

Edited by RBM

Eric dyes his hair.. :)

Link?

Eric dyes his hair.. :thumbup:

I've tried and I get pictures of two dogs or what looks to be him in a loop.jfsc.tv
I think you may be right about that being a loop, but I signed up for stickam (before he left) just to see that.