Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
jamny

***Howard Stern***

What does he say more often:- "the fact of the matter is..."- "anything else, Robin?"

Or - "in other words,"Gary says that constantly too.

2008 show vacation days thus far:1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/21, 2/18, 2/19, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22Not to mention, EVERY Friday.

I just wish Bubba didn't return to terrestrial radio in the mornings so we could at least have a live show when Howard has a case of the "I don't want to work today."

2008 show vacation days thus far:1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/21, 2/18, 2/19, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22Not to mention, EVERY Friday.

They worked on 1/2 and 1/3.The Fridays are 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22.So they will have worked 25 of 39 weekdays in 2008 through Friday.

They worked on 1/2 and 1/3.The Fridays are 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22.So they will have worked 25 of 39 weekdays in 2008 through Friday.
Did they work on Dr King day? Dont think they did but I could be wrong. Edited by RBM

Damn, vaca next week.Makes Artie's days off that much more ridiculous.

I wish someone would tally the amount of days Artie worked on the show the past year. Over/Under 160?
Considering they work 4 days/week for less than 52 weeks, I'll take the under. Easiest friggin job in history <_<
Actually they get 10 weeks off a year, so it is 42 weeks. So he is starting from a base of 168.
Wow, hack off weekday holidays and they really dont work much huh.
At least he is still on. Id rather have Howard half the year than not at all....

Did they work on Dr King day? Dont think they did but I could be wrong.
Definitely not.

Ah, you're right. I didn't notice MarksFriggin had 1/2 and 1/3 in the week of 12/31

Did they work on Dr King day? Dont think they did but I could be wrong.
They did not. There was a small on-air debate and they decided to take it off because they did last year.

This week has been painful. I've listened for about nine total minutes in 3 days.

I honestly don't know how he kept such a loyal following back in the day. That product is awful.

The Milton Berle interview was good only for the fact that Uncle Miltie kept calling them out for that stupid clapping after every other sentence. And he was really on Howard for being hyper during the interview, too, which was very annoying and something I kept saying to myself. He wouldn't let him get two words into a story/answer before either trying to (incorrectly) answer for him or ask a new question.

I don't mind the replays, but this clapping after everything they say is driving me crazy

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE G.D. CLAPPING???????

It's driving me CRAZY.

This week has been painful. I've listened for about nine total minutes in 3 days.

Same here. I've actually been listening to [gasp] regular radio :lmao:

:lmao:Running Bubba's show on 101 in the morning, even if it's yesterday's show, would negate this. Edited by MrPhoenix

:thumbup:Running Bubba's show on 101 in the morning, even if it's yesterday's show, would negate this.
Yeah, I've always been bothered by them running the same mastertape on both channels. Someone called into the Superfan Roundtable tonight and suggested running mastertape on 100 only and a Sirius rerun on 101. That would be an improvement, but a Bubba replay would be better. Or why not run Riley Martin or Andy Dick? Many of us never get to hear that stuff.

:bye:

Running Bubba's show on 101 in the morning, even if it's yesterday's show, would negate this.

Yeah, I've always been bothered by them running the same mastertape on both channels. Someone called into the Superfan Roundtable tonight and suggested running mastertape on 100 only and a Sirius rerun on 101. That would be an improvement, but a Bubba replay would be better. Or why not run Riley Martin or Andy Dick? Many of us never get to hear that stuff.
:shrug:

Or Greg Fitzimmons or Chuck Zito.

Does anyone ever come in this thread, and think they'll see a post with a link about Artie Lang being found dead? This will sound morbid, but every time I see something new in the Howard Stern thread, that's what my first thought is.

Arties appearance on Conan the other night was an all-time classic. I can't believ Conan lets him say what he does.

Arties appearance on Conan the other night was an all-time classic. I can't believ Conan lets him say what he does.

I missed it. What'd he say?

link

link
Watching that, I didn't think Artie was going to survive that clip. He's a dead man sitting.

link
what a mess

What does he say more often:

- "the fact of the matter is..."

- "anything else, Robin?"

Or - "in other words,"

Gary says that constantly too.

He used to say how dare you, all the time.
Baba Booey's BIG thing is starting sentences with "I gotta tell ya....."

That, and "so."

It's never "We were at the Mets game." It's "So <pause> we're at the Mets game."

link
Watching that, I didn't think Artie was going to survive that clip. He's a dead man sitting.
Yeah, I said to my wife, this won't be funny in two weeks when he's dead.

link
Yeah, I said to my wife, this won't be funny in two weeks when he's dead.
At least then, Howard can get a sidekick who appreciates the job.

Not one of his better appearances. Usually he looks horrible and kills, this time I thought he looked better than usual but was lousy. Too much drug talk.

Steve-O on the show today..... :angry:

yeah i cant wait til steve-o leaves.eric was real good this morning.

I like Eric, but I just could not care less about this "relationship." It's probably a scam and if Eric's in on it, it's ######ed, and if he's not it's really mean, and I just don't give a #### about any of it.

It's so obvious it was a scam. Eric and Kendra had no idea what to say yesterday so Fratto calls up and says "oh, the stripper said something to him" and suddenly Eric admits that's the reason. Then today, Eric calls back up with a new story saying he wants to date someone nearby. These are classic reactions to being caught in a lie. Fratto, the mastermind, had to call in to save his minions who aren't good enough actors, then he sends Eric back on the show with a script this morning.

I'm close to leaving the show. Howard clearly has no passion for it anymore and the guests generally blow. The only stuff I truly look forward to are Richard and Sal's prank calls.

It's so obvious it was a scam. Eric and Kendra had no idea what to say yesterday so Fratto calls up and says "oh, the stripper said something to him" and suddenly Eric admits that's the reason. Then today, Eric calls back up with a new story saying he wants to date someone nearby. These are classic reactions to being caught in a lie. Fratto, the mastermind, had to call in to save his minions who aren't good enough actors, then he sends Eric back on the show with a script this morning. I'm close to leaving the show. Howard clearly has no passion for it anymore and the guests generally blow. The only stuff I truly look forward to are Richard and Sal's prank calls.

Agreed, I think this is very contrived. If Howard didn't have all the shenanigans going on, he'd have a lousy show. The well has run dry, people.MORE BUBBA, DAMMIT!

A couple of week ago I saw him playing some poker at the Borgata. I think he was in town for Artie Lange's show....don't know. His hair is shorter now.

Is there anything that Artie doesn't find creepy? He describes everyone and everything as creepy.

It's a joke what a freakin' hypocrite Howie is.

He makes constant fun of J.D. for saying "like" and "whatever" and "I dunno." Meanwhile, he still says "the fact of the matter is" every two minutes. It was especially bad the past two days when he was pontificating about the Gov. Spitzer situation.

It's a joke what a freakin' hypocrite Howie is.He makes constant fun of J.D. for saying "like" and "whatever" and "I dunno." Meanwhile, he still says "the fact of the matter is" every two minutes. It was especially bad the past two days when he was pontificating about the Gov. Spitzer situation.

Look, the fact of the matter is that the merger should go through and thank god that Jim Cramer is standing up for it. Er, uh, I drowned a woman . . . Anything else, Robin?

He makes constant fun of J.D. for saying "like" and "whatever" and "I dunno." Meanwhile, he still says "the fact of the matter is" every two minutes. It was especially bad the past two days when he was pontificating about the Gov. Spitzer situation.

Look, the fact of the matter is that the merger should go through and thank god that Jim Cramer is standing up for it. Er, uh, I drowned a woman . . . Anything else, Robin?
I don't mean to sit here and bash the guy all the time. On the whole, I obviously like the show. He just has a talent for getting on my nerves. Another example, and I don't know how many of you notice this, but he can't play a song without doing "The wacky DJ voice" over the beginning of it. "Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... everybody... WCCC" It used to be nothing more than shtick, but now I really think it's a neurotic thing that he needs to do.

And BTW, I think his "Err Ahh" Kennedy immitation is one of his funniest bits.

I don't mean to sit here and bash the guy all the time. On the whole, I obviously like the show. He just has a talent for getting on my nerves. Another example, and I don't know how many of you notice this, but he can't play a song without doing "The wacky DJ voice" over the beginning of it. "Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... everybody... WCCC" It used to be nothing more than shtick, but now I really think it's a neurotic thing that he needs to do.

I only get to listen to the show for 15 minutes on the ride to and from work. Work has found a way to block the talk channels when I stream during the day. The Kennedy impersonation is guaranteed to be heard these past few weeks on my ride home during the replay when Robin is in the news and it has gotten old. Real old. Plus as everyone has pointed out in the news section it's just Howard looking to leave 'anything else Robin'. A few weeks back he took call late in the show and the caller pointed this out, that Howard can not get out of there fast enough. He was not happy and blew up.

I only get to listen to the show for 15 minutes on the ride to and from work. Work has found a way to block the talk channels when I stream during the day. The Kennedy impersonation is guaranteed to be heard these past few weeks on my ride home during the replay when Robin is in the news and it has gotten old. Real old. Plus as everyone has pointed out in the news section it's just Howard looking to leave 'anything else Robin'. A few weeks back he took call late in the show and the caller pointed this out, that Howard can not get out of there fast enough. He was not happy and blew up.
The "Anything else, Robin?" is getting really bad. He even says it after her first news story. OF COURSE there is something else. At the very least, he could say "What else, Robin?" That little wording adjustment would make a huge difference, IMO. I really hope that one of these days, they throw it to Robin and she says "No news today.... you probably want to get out of here anyway." But that will never happen, because she loves hearing herself talk.

I honestly don't get why they don't just scrap the whole news segment. The only reason they ever did the news is because on the radio stations they worked at together since 1981, a large radio station had to have some news now and then. On Sirius, there is no real reason to continue with this practice, which has become tedious for all involved.

Monkey boy has been doing some job booking guests lately.

Horrible

Monkey boy has been doing some job booking guests lately.Horrible

you don't think a constant stream of people who hit the height of their popularity in 1986 is good producing?

you don't think a constant stream of people who hit the height of their popularity in 1986 is good producing?
:excited: Up next... Soupy Sales.

:stalker: Up next... Soupy Sales.
Friggin Gallagher.....unreal

The "Anything else, Robin?" is getting really bad. He even says it after her first news story. OF COURSE there is something else. At the very least, he could say "What else, Robin?" That little wording adjustment would make a huge difference, IMO. I really hope that one of these days, they throw it to Robin and she says "No news today.... you probably want to get out of here anyway." But that will never happen, because she loves hearing herself talk.

I honestly don't get why they don't just scrap the whole news segment. The only reason they ever did the news is because on the radio stations they worked at together since 1981, a large radio station had to have some news now and then. On Sirius, there is no real reason to continue with this practice, which has become tedious for all involved.

She always picks the most uplifting stories as well. :goodposting: Was pretty good one day about a year ago when they were taking bets on how many of her stories would involve children being hurt/killed/murdered.

I keep forgetting to mention this, but did anyone else catch Robin totally call-out Howard for being a hypocrite? It was during the Amy Fisher show and how he was saying he could never bang her, as hot as she was looking, because he couldn't get over what she had done, etc.

Robin put it out there that she didn't believe him, or men in general, when saying something like that because she's witnessed "people on this show who swore they would never follow certain people and then did it anyway." Howard got a little snarky and quickly changed the subject but it was obvious it was about Tyson/Givens.

I want your brown mound Robin, brown mound, let me lick you up and down, Robin, brown mound

:lmao:

Edited by Capella

I want your brown mounds Robin, brown mounds, let me lick you up and down, Robin, brown mounds :lmao:

:lmao: