What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (1 Viewer)

Wow, a day I was actually happy to get stuck in traffic.I don't really get why Artie went nuts at the end after Sal's "apology." I guess I can understand why he was annoyed at Sal's phoniness overall, but he really seemed to overreact at the end. Unless he was coming down off the Subutex. Or maybe he really does want to get fired.
I think Sal's whole thing about how his ####ty "movie" was better than Beer League really pushed him over the edge.Artie has clearly reached the end of his rope here and would seem like he needs to take time off to get healthy physically and mentally, but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.
Artie said that it didn't have any to do with the Beer League thing. Not that he couldn't be lying, but you'd think he'd have somewhat of a sense of humor about it. I don't think it was awful, but it wasn't great and you'd think he would at least know it's not Citizen Kane. I guess he could have been pissed that a nobody like Sal would criticize it.On a semi-related note, it's amazing how Stern could see how much gold he could get out of Artie. Maybe part of his darkness and madness was luck, but Stern certainly has an ability to spot people's weaknesses and how he can use them for entertainment (like Tony Soprano to Davey Scuttino). I bet he saw something off in Artie, which is why he hired him.
:goodposting:

Holy ####, what is going on in there?
Artie blew his stack. He's probably done on the show. He effectively resigned and now he's out the door.
I was saying I was trying to figure out what was going on literally. Sounds like Artie was actually trying to attack Teddy and had to be physically restrained.
Yeah, that's what I gathered from the sounds of it. They said there were about 7 guys trying to hold him back and they were failing. Apparently, he also threw a water bottle at Teddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, anyone listening updates would be cool. I had to bail at 8:30 and for some reason can't listen online.

Teddy kept saying, I gotta leave, I gotta leave. He knew the wrath was coming.

wow, anyone listening updates would be cool. I had to bail at 8:30 and for some reason can't listen online.Teddy kept saying, I gotta leave, I gotta leave. He knew the wrath was coming.
I am listening to the West Coast feed now, want to hear it happen "live"What time did the fight start, east coast time?

wow, anyone listening updates would be cool. I had to bail at 8:30 and for some reason can't listen online.Teddy kept saying, I gotta leave, I gotta leave. He knew the wrath was coming.
I am listening to the West Coast feed now, want to hear it happen "live"What time did the fight start, east coast time?
Id say that it all started at about 8:05ish eastern time.So about 11 eastern tune in to 101

Id say that it all started at about 8:05ish eastern time.So about 11 eastern tune in to 101
Thanks. I am here in NYC and already have switched to 101. want to hear it all.

between 8 and 8:30, probably hit the fan at 8:15ish. Wasn't real long.

wow, anyone listening updates would be cool. I had to bail at 8:30 and for some reason can't listen online.

Teddy kept saying, I gotta leave, I gotta leave. He knew the wrath was coming.
What the hell is going on? I got to work at 7:30 and everything was fine!!!
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Teddy and Artie were arguing in the hall because Teddy apparently ####ed something up with Artie's passport. It seems like it was the culmination of Teddy ####### up over time and then Artie thinks that Teddy gets paid too much by him to #### up a lot and make too many mistakes. Then Artie seemed like he thought that Teddy was going to try to scam him in the long run.

Obviously, we know that Artie is totally out of control, but it seems like what set him off was that he thought that Teddy was ####### up and just didn't care about it and Artie lost it.*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

You can just hear it in Howard's voice, he knows that Artie carrys the show these days.

Very weird and sad though to hear Artie say he resigns and Howard saying "I accept", followed by an "I love you Howard"

Cant believe this had to happen on a Thursday

You can just hear it in Howard's voice, he knows that Artie carrys the show these days.Very weird and sad though to hear Artie say he resigns and Howard saying "I accept", followed by an "I love you Howard"Cant believe this had to happen on a Thursday
Now I will be forced to check out the news updates over the weekend

Artie needed to go home and pack. All "staged" by Artie to get out of work, imo. But it made good radio either way :kicksrock:

This is either (a) fake because of the vacation or (b) real and Artie is going to be found dead of a drug (heroin?) overdose in a hotel room in Amsterdam.

Holy ####. Good stuff right there if it wasn't staged. I don't think it was -- Artie can't act THAT well.

When he was talking about what Teddy made, I thought he was going to say $100K.

40 grand isn't enough to live on in NYC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy ####. Good stuff right there if it wasn't staged. I don't think it was -- Artie can't act THAT well.When he was talking about what Teddy made, I thought he was going to say $100K.40 grand isn't enough to live on in NYC, so Artie should stop #####ing.
no its not, but Teddy also makes money from Sirius too.

Holy ####. Good stuff right there if it wasn't staged. I don't think it was -- Artie can't act THAT well.When he was talking about what Teddy made, I thought he was going to say $100K.40 grand isn't enough to live on in NYC, so Artie should stop #####ing.
Didn't they say that was 30 grand? Or was that a joke/not real?

I think deep down Howard would LOVE the attention he'd get if Artie died.

He'd be no different than Howard K. Stern when Anna Nicole Smith died.

You'll see Howard everywhere.

Anybody have Artie in any 2008 pools?

30 grand from Sirius, plus the money $40grand from Artie.Artie should not be going to Amsterdam. Hopefully he lays off the smack and coke.

30 grand from Sirius
That's what I meant, but it actually seemed impossible to me.

Users who are viewing this thread