What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (8 Viewers)

Sad day in Stern show history. Kissing Rosie O'Donnell's ###.Pathetic. Maybe he just needs to hang it up and hang in the Hamptons 24/7
Less Howard and more Bubba/Ferrall would make be a very, very, very, very happy Sirius subscriber.

RBM said:
jamny said:
:thumbup:

I'm not a Rosie fan but I thought it was a good interview.

better than Tito Ortiz
What was good about it?Cannot believe they had Ortiz on AGAIN

Bad show today
I knew nothing about Rosie before and she was very open and seemingly honest in all the questions put to her. I hate when people sidestep Howards questions and she answered everything from being molested, behind the scenes stuff from the View, who she's hot for and she didn't kiss Howards ### about if she would do Beth. Not a great interview because I could really care less about Rosie, but it wasn't a bad one.

Learned nothing new from Tito Ortiz. He was just there to promote. That interview sucked.

RBM said:
jamny said:
:thumbdown:

better than Tito Ortiz

Bad show today
I knew nothing about Rosie before and she was very open and seemingly honest in all the questions put to her. I hate when people sidestep Howards questions and she answered everything from being molested, behind the scenes stuff from the View, who she's hot for and she didn't kiss Howards ### about if she would do Beth. Not a great interview because I could really care less about Rosie, but it wasn't a bad one.

Learned nothing new from Tito Ortiz. He was just there to promote. That interview sucked.
Bingo

RBM said:
jamny said:
:thumbdown:

better than Tito Ortiz

Bad show today

Bingo
right. And it turned out interesting. I don't expect to care about every person he interviews.whatever. We disagree.

I love how Howie brags that he turns down celeb interviews but he has Tito Ortiz on twice in a 6 month span. Show was over at 10:35 today after a 10 day break. What on earth has happened to this show?

I love how Howie brags that he turns down celeb interviews but he has Tito Ortiz on twice in a 6 month span. Show was over at 10:35 today after a 10 day break. What on earth has happened to this show?
The worst part about the show, still, is how he rushes Robin through the news.I'm no fan of Robin, as you all know, but this is ridiculous. If he's gonna keep up this childish act, just eliminate the news segment altogether. She literally just begins a story, and after one or two sentences... "Anything else, Robin?" I'd tell him to go to hell if I was her, then leave the studio. But she just takes it. Funny how an insane salary will allow you to put up with certain things.

He's technically only required to do 6-10 :goodposting:

Howard really has no clue about the Nick Hogan thing?

What a crock. Guy is afraid to comment or commit to anything these days

Howard really has no clue about the Nick Hogan thing?What a crock. Guy is afraid to comment or commit to anything these days
I think it has more to do with Hogan's friendship with Bubba. Howard and Bubba don't neccessarily share similar opin ions on everything, and they don't pretend to, but I don't think Howard was comfor table about lambasting Hulk Hogan.As for the earlier quit times and his general 'going thru the motions', it's starting to really get obvious. He actually addressed the aerlier quit time yesterady or Monday by saying he's exhausted after 4 or 4 and a half hours of radio and he has to get out of there. :goodposting: There's a guy who really knows his audience. He's talking to truck drivers and construction workers who are breaking their humps for 8-12 hours a day. I'm sure they understand.As for teh news, it's always been one of my favorite parts of teh show. Robin's stories give the show an opportunity to talk about current events rather than the endless repetition that is Ralph, Artie's drug problem, Howard's wedding, etc. The news offers new stories everyday and to hear Artie and Fred do jokes and play sound effects is usually great. The way Howard cuts clips short and rushes Robin through every story is maddening. It's hard to enjoy a show where the 'star' sounds like he hates being there.I propose that Howard leaves at 10:00 and Robin reads the news with Fred, Artie, and Sal and Richard. Howard doesn't lend much to the news anyway. Let the baby go home and sleep.

I propose that Howard leaves at 10:00 and Robin reads the news with Fred, Artie, and Sal and Richard. Howard doesn't lend much to the news anyway. Let the baby go home and sleep.
Now that would be interesting. Hearing those two idiots sit in on the news.

theres a simple answer to this that I hope is addressed if he renews the contract. Make it an afternoon show - everyone would be fresher, happier and at the top of their games - plus an afternoon show wouldnt be as tiring. I'm sure that he would then find excuses to leave but I think the show would be better for a while - I know Artie would be thrilled. With replays its no big deal when the show i done.

I'd rather have this lesser show than none at all!

RBM said:
JuniorNB said:
I propose that Howard leaves at 10:00 and Robin reads the news with Fred, Artie, and Sal and Richard. Howard doesn't lend much to the news anyway. Let the baby go home and sleep.
I think this is actually a great idea. :goodposting:

RBM said:
JuniorNB said:
I think this is actually a great idea. :(
Never happen. Howard's ego wouldn't allow the show to continue without him.

I think the show would be better starting at 10am or so and running until 2:00 or 3:00. Put on Ferrall in the AM to talk about sports scores and happenings from the day before from 6am to 10am. Then put Bubba on from 3:00 until 7:00. Then re-run each of the shows on Howard 101. Howard better start training and or supporting a replacement show since he's clearly done in 2-1/2 years and the audience needs to get acquainted with a new elite morning show on Sirius or subscriptions are going to fall off dramatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem with an afternoon show is that it's no longer "current" for morning drive. The replay the next day will always be a day behind with news and current events and Monday morning would be the new Friday mornings.

I think the show would be better starting at 10am or so and running until 2:00 or 3:00. Put on Ferrall in the AM to talk about sports scores and happenings from the day before from 6am to 10am. Then put Bubba on from 3:00 until 7:00. Then re-run each of the shows on Howard 101.
Nah, people would have a heart attack of Howard wasn't on in the morning and Ferrall's abrasive voice was on instead. I think the lineup they have is fine. Ferrall's show works at night as he can be sort of a buddy while a game is going on. Bubba has his terrestrial radio show in the morning, so he really has no choice there.The lineup works fine. I just wish they would devote more time on the weekends to Bubba re-runs as well has continuing to re-air his show in the afternoons on Friday. Master Tape Theater does absolutely nothing for me. It's as if they're tempting me to get an FM transmitter for my IPod and having me download his shows on BitTorrent.

are they really planning on giving her a show for an hour or 2?

maybe she can be the side kick to stuttering john on straight talk.

Do any of you like Andrea (Miss Howard Stern)? If so, please explain her appeal to me.

She is possibly the dumbest person on earth. They ask her a simple question, and it's met with a stupid giggle. She is not attractive in the least, and her stories go nowhere, if you can even make out what she's saying. Cut the chord and be done with her.

As far as Bigfoot & Mark the Bagger... I could listen to either of them for HOURS. :rolleyes:

Do any of you like Andrea (Miss Howard Stern)? If so, please explain her appeal to me.She is possibly the dumbest person on earth. They ask her a simple question, and it's met with a stupid giggle. She is not attractive in the least, and her stories go nowhere, if you can even make out what she's saying. Cut the chord and be done with her.As far as Bigfoot & Mark the Bagger... I could listen to either of them for HOURS. :lmao:
I used to like her when she wasn't a complete trainwreck. Now she is a drug addicted drunk who is just sloppy.She used to be UNBELIEVABLY hot, but now she's broke down and not very attractive. But in her prime she was as close to a 10 as there is, had a perfect body back in the day.

Do any of you like Andrea (Miss Howard Stern)? If so, please explain her appeal to me.

She is possibly the dumbest person on earth. They ask her a simple question, and it's met with a stupid giggle. She is not attractive in the least, and her stories go nowhere, if you can even make out what she's saying. Cut the chord and be done with her.

As far as Bigfoot & Mark the Bagger... I could listen to either of them for HOURS. :lmao:
I used to like her when she wasn't a complete trainwreck. Now she is a drug addicted drunk who is just sloppy.She used to be UNBELIEVABLY hot, but now she's broke down and not very attractive. But in her prime she was as close to a 10 as there is, had a perfect body back in the day.
No question about it.The drugs + the HUGE, ridiculous Baba Booey caps on her teeth + the awful boob job = :no:

As far as Bigfoot & Mark the Bagger... I could listen to either of them for HOURS. :lmao:
No question about it.The drugs + the HUGE, ridiculous Baba Booey caps on her teeth + the awful boob job = :no:
I dont like miss black howard stern either.

Do any of you like Andrea (Miss Howard Stern)? If so, please explain her appeal to me.She is possibly the dumbest person on earth. They ask her a simple question, and it's met with a stupid giggle. She is not attractive in the least, and her stories go nowhere, if you can even make out what she's saying. Cut the chord and be done with her.As far as Bigfoot & Mark the Bagger... I could listen to either of them for HOURS. :P
:bs: she's done. time for a new one.

Is it just me, or are there any other Howard listeners that can't hear anyone mention 'Obama' without hearing that deep-voiced "OBAMA" exclamation in their head?

Artie and Gary under attack in Afghanistan

Howard Stern comics bombed, no joke

Thursday, July 3rd 2008, 4:00 AM

Howard Stern pals Gary Dell'Abate and Artie Lange came under fire after performing a comedy show in Afghanistan.

Howard Stern pals Gary Dell'Abate and Artie Lange came under fire after performing a comedy show in Afghanistan.

Howard Stern nearly lost his closest cohorts in Afghanistan this week.

Stern's Sirius radio show producer Gary Dell'Abate, show regular Artie Lange and comedians Nick DiPaolo, Jim Florentine and Dave Attell had just finished a comedy show for troops in Kandahar when the base came under attack.

"Everything was going fine until the end," a friend of the comics, who heard from them by cell phone, tells us. "They were all done with their sets, and they were headed in a car convoy to a meet-and-greet elsewhere, but they only made it about 20 yards.

"The military base they were on came under mortar fire, and the convoy was turned around."

Troops led the comics into a secure bunker, where they all waited for a very unfunny 35 minutes as the shelling continued.

Eventually it stopped, and the comedians, all uninjured, went on to continue the USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour at other undisclosed locations in the Persian Gulf. Tony Burton, Dell'Abate's rep, confirmed the incident but couldn't comment.

Before they left for Afghanistan, callers like lawyer Dominic Barbara phoned in to the Stern show and wondered if the comics, especially those like Dell'Abate, who has children, should be risking their lives.

But Dell'Abate seemed most concerned about the 22-hour flight to the country, saying he'd never flown longer than seven hours.

Lange seemed most worried about what material they could use, given the Army's orders not to make jokes involving President Bush, sex, race, religion, drugs or drinking.

Any safety fears he may have had surely disappeared when he heard how desperate the troops are for entertainment. In fact, when the soldiers heard they were getting a show, they were ecstatic, according to the Stern fan site Marksfriggin.com.

So far, Scarlett Johansson, Robin Williams, Kid Rock, Toby Keith, Morgan Freeman, Jessica Simpson, Kelli Pickler and bands O.A.R. and Five for Fighting have been among the few courageous enough to go to the war zones to bring soldiers a bit of cheer.

But Stern himself may have had the last word on the tour when he joked, "Why is Gary going, anyway? He's not even funny."

No worries: Dell'Abate is serving as the tour's emcee.

Artie and Gary under attack in Afghanistan

Howard Stern comics bombed, no joke

Thursday, July 3rd 2008, 4:00 AM

Howard Stern nearly lost his closest cohorts in Afghanistan this week.

Stern's Sirius radio show producer Gary Dell'Abate, show regular Artie Lange and comedians Nick DiPaolo, Jim Florentine and Dave Attell had just finished a comedy show for troops in Kandahar when the base came under attack.

"Everything was going fine until the end," a friend of the comics, who heard from them by cell phone, tells us. "They were all done with their sets, and they were headed in a car convoy to a meet-and-greet elsewhere, but they only made it about 20 yards.

"The military base they were on came under mortar fire, and the convoy was turned around."

Troops led the comics into a secure bunker, where they all waited for a very unfunny 35 minutes as the shelling continued.

Eventually it stopped, and the comedians, all uninjured, went on to continue the USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour at other undisclosed locations in the Persian Gulf. Tony Burton, Dell'Abate's rep, confirmed the incident but couldn't comment.

Before they left for Afghanistan, callers like lawyer Dominic Barbara phoned in to the Stern show and wondered if the comics, especially those like Dell'Abate, who has children, should be risking their lives.

But Dell'Abate seemed most concerned about the 22-hour flight to the country, saying he'd never flown longer than seven hours.

Lange seemed most worried about what material they could use, given the Army's orders not to make jokes involving President Bush, sex, race, religion, drugs or drinking.

Any safety fears he may have had surely disappeared when he heard how desperate the troops are for entertainment. In fact, when the soldiers heard they were getting a show, they were ecstatic, according to the Stern fan site Marksfriggin.com.

So far, Scarlett Johansson, Robin Williams, Kid Rock, Toby Keith, Morgan Freeman, Jessica Simpson, Kelli Pickler and bands O.A.R. and Five for Fighting have been among the few courageous enough to go to the war zones to bring soldiers a bit of cheer.

But Stern himself may have had the last word on the tour when he joked, "Why is Gary going, anyway? He's not even funny."

No worries: Dell'Abate is serving as the tour's emcee.
That seems "common" believe it or not. Jesse James (the cylce/car builder) did a show on discovery ( a monster garage thing) over there. During the guys working the siren went off and they were all rushed to a secure bunker. 3 guys died during the mortar attack. They talked about how this happens a lot.It sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread