What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (3 Viewers)

should be a good show on monday
I don't think they are coming back until NEXT mondy, July 14th.
That's correct, they are off for one more week.
I have a feeling Howard and Beth are getting married during this vacation too. So I'm sure Howard will be glad that there is a story that will overshadow his wedding and he won't have to talk about it as much as he would have otherwise.
That's a great call.

I can't still be the only one who has noticed that money and fame has really changed Artie. His original appeal was his "everyman" persona. That is long gone. In the span of a few minutes during the first segment today, Artie mentioned the following facts:

- His house has seven bathrooms

- He has THE most amazing shower in the world

- He got a lap dance from a chick he met on the road (you know, because he's such a great comic)

- He was willing to shell out $30,000 to travel home with the guys. What the hell... it's only $30K

- Couldn't be bothered to spend much time with the 40 people who graced him with their presence at his party

I'm probably forgetting about ten other times he reminded us how important and wealthy he is. I don't mind people making the best living they can, I really don't. I just wish he'd stop rubbing our noses in his money all the time. I actually now find myself wishing bad things upon him, and I don't want to be that kind of person. We get it... you have "F U" money. Move on.

Raider Nation said:
I can't still be the only one who has noticed that money and fame has really changed Artie. His original appeal was his "everyman" persona. That is long gone. In the span of a few minutes during the first segment today, Artie mentioned the following facts:

- He got a lap dance from a chick he met on the road (you know, because he's such a great comic)

- He was willing to shell out $30,000 to travel home with the guys. What the hell... it's only $30K

- Couldn't be bothered to spend much time with the 40 people who graced him with their presence at his party

I'm probably forgetting about ten other times he reminded us how important and wealthy he is. I don't mind people making the best living they can, I really don't. I just wish he'd stop rubbing our noses in his money all the time. I actually now find myself wishing bad things upon him, and I don't want to be that kind of person. We get it... you have "F U" money. Move on.
I agree with you, his personality definitely seems to be changing with money.It might just be a temporary thing since it's been fairly recent since he's started to get over the top throwing in how much money he has every time he speaks.

Raider Nation said:

I'm torn on this. I definitely notice and it annoys me but sometimes I'm "happy" because he has "made it" but I agree it's starting to get old.

Anyone hear Howard pontificating on the Brett Favre situation today?

"They [the Packers] told him they want him to come back as the runner-up quarterback."

:thumbup: :coffee: :lmao:

The unintentional comedy resulting from Howard talking sports is better than any of his prepared bits.

"They [the Packers] told him they want him to come back as the runner-up quarterback."

:thumbup: :o :o

The unintentional comedy resulting from Howard talking sports is better than any of his prepared bits.
I was dying when I heard that too. :lmao:

The Gator said:
Please See Mine said:
Artie is shot out of a freakin cannon this week.Howard doesn't really seem to be totally into it though. Cutting him off a lot.
Agreed 100%, and hate it. Howard> take a 5er and let Artie roll. TIA
In Howard's defense, if he lets Artie go on and on, then Howard won't have time to mention the Bowling shows 15 times or talk about all of the things that he can't play because there is no time.

The Gator said:
Please See Mine said:
Artie is shot out of a freakin cannon this week.Howard doesn't really seem to be totally into it though. Cutting him off a lot.
its like howard gets jealous that the stories are not revolving around him

Howard is basically ####ting on his fans--the most recent 2-week break is just another example. Fridays off is another.

The Gator said:
Please See Mine said:
Thats exactly what it is
It's not the "Artie Lange Show"... :thumbup:
It should be....

The Gator said:
Please See Mine said:
Thats exactly what it is
It's not the "Artie Lange Show"... :shrug:
It should be....
But it isn't. Were it not for Howard Stern, 99% of America would still have no idea who Artie is.

Howard is basically ####ting on his fans--the most recent 2-week break is just another example. Fridays off is another.
:X
I see nothing wrong with this statement.He's constantly telling Artie to move it along, "anything else Robin?", etc. The guy doesn't give a #### anymore and he's just playing out the string, IMO. But that's not the biggest thing that pisses me off about the Howard channels.What pisses me off the most is that he hogs both of the Howard stations during the weekend. I know this seems like a completely insignificant detail to most, but I do a lot of driving on the weekend and I'd like to hear Bubba's reruns that I miss during the week because of work. But I can't because you have a Howard show on 100 and a Howard show on 101. Bubba is getting so marginalized it's ridiculous. I'm almost to the point of cancelling since the biggest reason I probably have my Sirius is for Bubba's show. God ####### forbid Howard and Co. let people listen to Bubba on the weekend.

I was pissed on Monday to turn on Howard around 8AM CST and, despite them being off for 2 weeks and should have lots to discuss, he was pushing things quickly to get to the news. I still love the show, but there have been a lot of little things like this that make it just a little harder to get geeked about the show.

I was pissed on Monday to turn on Howard around 8AM CST and, despite them being off for 2 weeks and should have lots to discuss, he was pushing things quickly to get to the news. I still love the show, but there have been a lot of little things like this that make it just a little harder to get geeked about the show.
It was also interesting to hear Howard during the past few weeks "History of Stern" shows. He was so over-the-top and goofy. He even used a fake voice. He wasn't afraid of having a guest think he's an asspipe. These days, he has Sal or Richard do all teh 'embarrasssing' stuff. HE just plays the role of dep-voiced father figure.I still enjoy the show and all its characters, but it's very interesting to see a comparison from the days when Howard, himself, was the entertainment, instead of just the master of ceremonies to a bunch of other guys being the entertainment.

during the news, since howard is always in a rush, I would have no problem if howard just left and let robin, artie and fred do the news with time to joke around.

It was also interesting to hear Howard during the past few weeks "History of Stern" shows. He was so over-the-top and goofy. He even used a fake voice. He wasn't afraid of having a guest think he's an asspipe. These days, he has Sal or Richard do all teh 'embarrasssing' stuff. HE just plays the role of dep-voiced father figure.

I still enjoy the show and all its characters, but it's very interesting to see a comparison from the days when Howard, himself, was the entertainment, instead of just the master of ceremonies to a bunch of other guys being the entertainment.
Good point. He didn't get here by being a pushy and impatient host who sounds like he has better things to do with his life than some radio show for his fans. He got to this point because of the off the wall and fresh stuff he was doing and he knew what the fans wanted to hear.I guess that's a big reason why I like Bubba's show. At least Bubba still cares about his fans and performs like he still has something to prove. Howard isn't hungry anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has been taking 2 weeks around July 4th for years. I have no problems with that. I have grown to be ok with Fridays off too. What I do have a problem with is the fact that he just doesn't want to be there. He's rushing through the show and seems completely disinterested unless the topic at hand is Howie, BethOno, or the Hamptons.

He has been taking 2 weeks around July 4th for years. I have no problems with that. I have grown to be ok with Fridays off too. What I do have a problem with is the fact that he just doesn't want to be there. He's rushing through the show and seems completely disinterested unless the topic at hand is Howie, BethOno, or the Hamptons.
..or chess. :mellow:

:confused:
I see nothing wrong with this statement.He's constantly telling Artie to move it along, "anything else Robin?", etc. The guy doesn't give a #### anymore and he's just playing out the string, IMO. But that's not the biggest thing that pisses me off about the Howard channels.
That point is debateable, though legitimate, but the 2-week break and Fridays off is totally irrelevant.

The Gator said:
Please See Mine said:
Thats exactly what it is
It's not the "Artie Lange Show"... :confused:
Have you been paying attention lately? When there is no guest (and Artie's not sleeping in the studio or sleeping it off at home), it pretty much is the Artie Lange show.

It was also interesting to hear Howard during the past few weeks "History of Stern" shows. He was so over-the-top and goofy. He even used a fake voice. He wasn't afraid of having a guest think he's an asspipe.
good point.He used to just act like an ### and fire insane questions one after another, not even caring about the guest. Now he thinks he's a master interviewer and takes them so seriously.

It was also interesting to hear Howard during the past few weeks "History of Stern" shows. He was so over-the-top and goofy. He even used a fake voice. He wasn't afraid of having a guest think he's an asspipe. These days, he has Sal or Richard do all teh 'embarrasssing' stuff. HE just plays the role of dep-voiced father figure.

I still enjoy the show and all its characters, but it's very interesting to see a comparison from the days when Howard, himself, was the entertainment, instead of just the master of ceremonies to a bunch of other guys being the entertainment.
Good point. He didn't get here by being a pushy and impatient host who sounds like he has better things to do with his life than some radio show for his fans. He got to this point because of the off the wall and fresh stuff he was doing and he knew what the fans wanted to hear.
Not to make an excuse for him (okay, I guess I am making an excuse for him), but the guy is 54 years old. It's easy to forget that sometimes. Not many people act the same way at 54 as they do when they are 24 or 34.

Good point. He didn't get here by being a pushy and impatient host who sounds like he has better things to do with his life than some radio show for his fans. He got to this point because of the off the wall and fresh stuff he was doing and he knew what the fans wanted to hear.
Not to make an excuse for him (okay, I guess I am making an excuse for him), but the guy is 54 years old. It's easy to forget that sometimes. Not many people act the same way at 54 as they do when they are 24 or 34.
Still no excuse. Seriously, what does he do that's more important than his radio show?I do have to say this in his defense, though. I listened to part of his interview with Donald Trump during lunch and I have to say, he still does a good interview.

I don't think it's an age-thing, I think it's a perception-thing. Now that he signed his 100 million dollar contrcat and hob-nobs with the Billy Joels and Regis Philbins out in the Hamptons, he looks at himself as a socialite.Can you even imagine him pretending to be Fartman these days? No way.

That being said, I still enjoy the show immensely. He's surrounded by funny people who dpn't mind playing the buffoon. Like I said, Stern still runs a great show, he's just not the headliner anymore.

I don't think it's an age-thing, I think it's a perception-thing. Now that he signed his 100 million dollar contrcat and hob-nobs with the Billy Joels and Regis Philbins out in the Hamptons, he looks at himself as a socialite.Can you even imagine him pretending to be Fartman these days? No way.
The only time these days we get a glimpse of the old "zany Howard" is when he shticks it up on Letterman.

Trump is a damn good stern interview.

also, the baba booey stuff on monday was hilareous.

"look bof, I am shooting a rifle"

I don't know why, but I still crack up everytime howard does his Gary impersonations.

Awesome! Great job with those pics.

I love how pissed Eric gets. "Fred, if you push that button one more time..."

:lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Somebody make a gif of that Zero. Point. Zero. with Wormer if possible. :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

True, that was cringe-worthy, but at least Howard admits that he knows nothing about sports, unlike Artie, Gary and even Robin.Outside of the Yankees from 1976-1983, Artie's expertise is really limited.

It's pretty dicked up that Richard is invited to the wedding and Sal isn't.

I hope it's just shtick and Howard ends up inviting him.

Users who are viewing this thread