What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (6 Viewers)

I, by no means am a history or political aficionado but listening to Sal talk about history makes me laugh and cry at the same time :shock:

Please See Mine said:
Sal and Artie fight right now.
btw - Watched Bear League for the first time the other day. Made it barely half way through before shutting it off. Horrible.Best line in the fight: Howard: "A CD? What are you, OddJob?" :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please See Mine said:
btw - Watched Bear League for the first time the other day. Made it barely half way through before shutting it off. Horrible.Best line in the fight: Howard: "A CD? What are you, OddJob?" :goodposting:
:confused: on both points. I did the same with Beer League and I'm usually willing to suffer through even the most mediocre of movies. While I loved the fight, that was one of those moments that would have been 10x better if they shut off Robin's mic.

ODoyleRules said:
jamny said:
Please See Mine said:
btw - Watched Bear League for the first time the other day. Made it barely half way through before shutting it off. Horrible.Best line in the fight: Howard: "A CD? What are you, OddJob?" :thumbup:
:popcorn: on both points. I did the same with Beer League and I'm usually willing to suffer through even the most mediocre of movies. While I loved the fight, that was one of those moments that would have been 10x better if they shut off Robin's mic.
I like to call that.... EVERY moment!

Haven't heard it all this morning - how long has artie been back on the smack for?

Love robin making dumb comment after dumb comment then cackling loudly while nobody else laughs. Wish she'd go into rehab.

Haven't heard it all this morning - how long has artie been back on the smack for?Love robin making dumb comment after dumb comment then cackling loudly while nobody else laughs. Wish she'd go into rehab.
I missed part of it, but it sounded like just before his trip to Afghanistan, not while there, but again when he got back.

Haven't heard it all this morning - how long has artie been back on the smack for?Love robin making dumb comment after dumb comment then cackling loudly while nobody else laughs. Wish she'd go into rehab.
I missed part of it, but it sounded like just before his trip to Afghanistan, not while there, but again when he got back.
As far back as when he hit his eye on the bookcase. It came out that all those stories really were about being back on it. Falling into a wall and making a big hole at his beach house, the day he called out because his air conditioner gave him a throat tickle, etc.

As far back as when he hit his eye on the bookcase. It came out that all those stories really were about being back on it. Falling into a wall and making a big hole at his beach house, the day he called out because his air conditioner gave him a throat tickle, etc.
90% of the people knew he was back on it at the time of all those call-offs. I'm sure Howard knew it, too, even though he kept denying it and defending him. What was he supposed to do or say?

The Noid said:
Capella said:
The timeline is weird though, because they asked him this question point blank about how long it's been and he didn't really give a straight answer."We went into this pool hall that was filled with ####heads.""You mean ####heads like people who were in college and trying to get a life together?":lmao:I remember Artie discussing this pool thing before, how he was able to live off of it for a little while, but I don't remember the grifting specifically being a part of it.

The Noid said:
Capella said:
The timeline is weird though, because they asked him this question point blank about how long it's been and he didn't really give a straight answer.
Very weird. It was 7 or 8 weeks for sure and suddenly Artie gets asked about the bookcase and it turns into a few months? I'm not a big conspiracy guy but this whole thing feels contrived.

I know they all make a ton of dough and life can't be too hard but does anyone else look down on Howard for letting Artie get away with all this? Artie is messed up and needs to be getting help instead of making money he can't turn down. I mean why would Artie change anything. His behavior is accepted and he's making more scratch then ever. Howard is a creative hero to me but he is on the wrong for letting Artie slide on this. Tell Artie to take a year off, get his life together, marry Dana then maybe come back to the show. Howard is such a ##### for depending on Artie so much. Artie is obvioulsly not in control. He has no business being on the show. At this point it is just exploitation because Artie has tons of cash in the bank and would be fine if Howard laid down the law. Not cool. The guy could very easily die.

I know they all make a ton of dough and life can't be too hard but does anyone else look down on Howard for letting Artie get away with all this? Artie is messed up and needs to be getting help instead of making money he can't turn down. I mean why would Artie change anything. His behavior is accepted and he's making more scratch then ever. Howard is a creative hero to me but he is on the wrong for letting Artie slide on this. Tell Artie to take a year off, get his life together, marry Dana then maybe come back to the show. Howard is such a ##### for depending on Artie so much. Artie is obvioulsly not in control. He has no business being on the show. At this point it is just exploitation because Artie has tons of cash in the bank and would be fine if Howard laid down the law. Not cool. The guy could very easily die.
he's carrying the show. it assists howard in his desire to phone it in for the last 2.5 years.

I know they all make a ton of dough and life can't be too hard but does anyone else look down on Howard for letting Artie get away with all this? Artie is messed up and needs to be getting help instead of making money he can't turn down. I mean why would Artie change anything. His behavior is accepted and he's making more scratch then ever. Howard is a creative hero to me but he is on the wrong for letting Artie slide on this.
Bingo. Howie is an enabler.Artie tells stories about being on heroin. Most of us cringe. Howard laughs.

As much as I loved the Howard Stern show, the past 2 years have been brutal.

Hamptons Howie needs to hang it up. He has become what he used to mock.

As much as I loved the Howard Stern show, the past 2 years have been brutal.Hamptons Howie needs to hang it up. He has become what he used to mock.
Tell ya what, if you listened to the "Best of the Sirius Years" while he was on vacation you heard a ton of great stuff. I couldnt disagree with you more.

I know some of you Stern guys listen to Bubba every once and a while so I thought I would post this in here. Manson is pretty talented.

I know they all make a ton of dough and life can't be too hard but does anyone else look down on Howard for letting Artie get away with all this? Artie is messed up and needs to be getting help instead of making money he can't turn down. I mean why would Artie change anything. His behavior is accepted and he's making more scratch then ever. Howard is a creative hero to me but he is on the wrong for letting Artie slide on this.
Bingo. Howie is an enabler.Artie tells stories about being on heroin. Most of us cringe. Howard laughs.
They've joked about Artie dying during a show someday, but deep down I think the narcissist in Howard would friggin LOVE for that to happen.

You're stuck in a tiny room with one of the following people for 24 hours as they read a book to you non-stop:

a) Fred the Elephant Boy

b) Marianne from Brooklyn

c) Crackhead Bob

Which one do you choose?

Rebirtha said:
Please See Mine said:
The Noid said:
SuperJohn96 said:
Capella said:
The timeline is weird though, because they asked him this question point blank about how long it's been and he didn't really give a straight answer.
Very weird. It was 7 or 8 weeks for sure and suddenly Artie gets asked about the bookcase and it turns into a few months? I'm not a big conspiracy guy but this whole thing feels contrived.
Artie did mention it, in passing and quickly, that his original estimate of 6-7 weeks was probably off since that bookcase indecent was longer ago than that. He never came out and said when the pool hall thing occurred, but it sounds like in the April/May timeframe.

As much as I loved the Howard Stern show, the past 2 years have been brutal.Hamptons Howie needs to hang it up. He has become what he used to mock.
Tell ya what, if you listened to the "Best of the Sirius Years" while he was on vacation you heard a ton of great stuff. I couldnt disagree with you more.
A lot of his stuff from 2006 was really cutting edge quality stuff. However, it's been evident since 2007 that Howard is packing it in big time. He said he wanted to do a lot of things when he came on satellite radio....has the well run dry?

The past 2 years have had their good and bad points (more good than bad) but it's still the best show on radio. Howie is obviously not into it as much as he once was but the show is a HUGE part of my day.

They didn't let KC get away with it.

Artie is coming up on Letterman in a few minutes.

No idea if it's a repeat or not. I don't recall him following Sir Ben Kingsley before. :shrug:

Artie looks like crap.

Wonder what's the story with those stains on his shirt. Got a dark blotch on his shirt between his man #### and some white spots on his chest.

Did anyone else :thumbup: when Bob Levy revealed this week that he is 46 years old? I thought he was 58!

And Baba Booey's kid luckily didn't inherit his lips/gums/teef. Just watching that episode now on HowardTV.

Did anyone else :cry: when Bob Levy revealed this week that he is 46 years old? I thought he was 58!And Baba Booey's kid luckily didn't inherit his lips/gums/teef. Just watching that episode now on HowardTV.
It's especially weird because they always say how many "old" jokes he uses, so you'd think he'd been in the business for like 50 years.

Users who are viewing this thread