What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (9 Viewers)

Just came upon this series of four Sour Shoes youtube videos (Sour Shoes Fall Special).

This is part 3 of 4, and Jeff the Drunk singing Desperado at 3:35 is genius:

:lmao: :lmao: Man, Sour Shoes is talented...bat dung crazy, but talented.

Im hit or miss with the Sal and Richard stuff but heard one yesterday that I thought was real funny. They called an order in to a pizza place. Then put him on hold, asked him to repeat the order to a different pizza place and hilarity ensues.

I dont know when its from, its the first time I have ever heard it

I searched youtube but couldnt find it. ill keep looking

Back in on Sirius after a two year hiatus. Clifton notes of the up to date crews/staff?
kinda the same here. I ended up with XM when I bought a new Chevy truck a little over a year ago. Last week was my renewal and I was able to get them to cut the price from about $15/mo to $6/mo and throw in Stern for free. after listening for a couple of days, it sounds the same so far except for a new News guy and some crazy pet woman.

as a huge fan of the stern show this year has been awful so far.

today he spent over an hour with some has been from the E Street Band who had nothing interesting to say.

also Howard now refuses to be controversial due to his money grubbing wife and his need to go mainstream.

i used to get annoyed by those who would bash on what the show has become, but this year Stern has truly mailed it in.

never understood the hate, unless it's just frustration that you don't enjoy the show as much as before.

if he really annoys you, why wouldn't you just stop listening?

also Howard now refuses to be controversial due to his money grubbing wife and his need to go mainstream.
I guess talking about having Sal dress up as a woman from Dancing with the Stars to fool a ret#rd (Gary) on his birthday by flirting with him then pulling out his penis is not controversial enough for you.

as a huge fan of the stern show this year has been awful so far.

today he spent over an hour with some has been from the E Street Band who had nothing interesting to say.

i used to get annoyed by those who would bash on what the show has become, but this year Stern has truly mailed it in.
It's taken a while to get here. Welcome to the club.

I am hopeful when the Americas got talent filming starts (I think he has said in February) that the awful Benjy stuff can be ignored. WTF.

I was about to cancel Sirius but got retained for cheap. The show is not what it was but the Eric the midget stuff of late makes me laugh. But I now think that is all a setup bc he can't possibly complain that much about not having Pepsi available. Right?!!!?

While I'm looking forward to seeing Howard on Americas Got Talent, I'm not looking for the endless discussions about it.

I think I'm a hanger-on because my favorite part of the show is banter between Howard, Robin, and Fred. I'd rather hear the news more than any other segment.

Obviously there's a lot more going on which can be funny, but I'm not looking for the show to wow me with some hilariously funny new thing.

...and I'm not overly concerned with whether Howard is "on".

I think I'm a hanger-on because my favorite part of the show is banter between Howard, Robin, and Fred. I'd rather hear the news more than any other segment
Same.
It will be interesting to see what the plan becomes in a year or 2 when they begin to plan for life after Howard. The wrap-up show has grown on me, and I could see them do something with that. and I know I could listen to ETM, JD, and Ronnie everyday for probably the rest of my life. Those 3 crack me up whenever they are on for some reason. I know half of it is embellished like bushcoda notes, but I think you have to accept it and just enjoy the ride. The only time things like that ever got on my nerves were when they used to do the hypnosis bits, or the spelling/smart contests with various people

I could listen to Eric The Midget forever.

Most entertaining part of the show IMO.

Even better is Fred's clips of various ETM clips

"Eric the GAY-BED-HUMPING-HOMO"

"Eric the ACK-ACK-ACTOR"

:lmao:

I could listen to Eric The Midget forever.Most entertaining part of the show IMO.Even better is Fred's clips of various ETM clips"Eric the GAY-BED-HUMPING-HOMO""Eric the ACK-ACK-ACTOR" :lmao:
It's true, but it's just not the same without Artie hysterically laughing or cutting him off. "Alright, see you later buddy." :lmao:

I could listen to Eric The Midget forever.

Most entertaining part of the show IMO.

Even better is Fred's clips of various ETM clips

"Eric the GAY-BED-HUMPING-HOMO"

"Eric the ACK-ACK-ACTOR"

:lmao:
It's true, but it's just not the same without Artie hysterically laughing or cutting him off. "Alright, see you later buddy." :lmao:
"yup, talk to ya later Eric" :lmao: Man do I miss that.
This is a great one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhkODuJKmI&feature=relatedWhen Langford reports that zero point zero fans signed up for a meet and greet with Eric after a Sacramento Monarchs game. Little guy flips the #### out

Oldie but goodie

hah, now you guys got me into these. usually keeps me going for about 2 hours listening to all sorts of clips. These are always great, when Sal and Richard would call the Talking yankees kid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy10bKp1Pyw&list=PL5DB1CA7EBD677445&index=19&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDLT5gHe8pY

ETA: I love trying to use the "#### list" just like Jonah does

ETA2:, that and "suck a #### you ######" ( i assume most of that will be unreadable, but it is Sal near the end of the call)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone made a good point on SFN about how everyone on the show calls Eric the Actor ungrateful yet he is the one often providing 1-2 hours a week of content for basically nothing.

Also find it annoying how Howard can wonder why anyone would be interested in seeing JD, Ronnie or Scott Salem at a block party type event as he spends an hour of air-time on one of them.

Af far as the future of the show? It's too much of a moneymaker to end when Howard does. It will be interesting. Gary is in a great position to continue the show. Just spitballing, but if he got someone familiar like Jillian Barberie along with Artie or Stuttering John to do a show with him it could work if you kept the rest of the cast and Howard universe intact.

Will be interesting if Howard tries to engineer this himself and keep ownership of the "show." Lot of money to be had. Would like to see the cast come together and say eff that it's our turn to make some money. Would be funny to see Stuttering John unite all the misfits.

Let's say Howard, Robin and Fred are gone.

Could see Adam Corolla being a great replacement to fill Howard's role. Bring Artie back. Gary becomes the third co-host. Keep Benjy in studio and put Sal in Fred's spot. Bring in Stuttering John to fill Gary's producer role.

Corolla has enough talent, fame and connections to drive the show. Not saying he could easily fill Howards' shoes but he would be an ideal candidate.

Then of course keep eveyone like JD, Ronnie, Richard, Scott S. and the rest of the gang in the Howard universe.

Interesting that Howard says he has a 45 minute conversation on the phone with Simon Cowell, telling him opinions about what a judge should do on these shows, and the next day Cowell fires everyone on his show.

Let's say Howard, Robin and Fred are gone.Could see Adam Corolla being a great replacement to fill Howard's role. Bring Artie back. Gary becomes the third co-host. Keep Benjy in studio and put Sal in Fred's spot. Bring in Stuttering John to fill Gary's producer role.Corolla has enough talent, fame and connections to drive the show. Not saying he could easily fill Howards' shoes but he would be an ideal candidate.Then of course keep eveyone like JD, Ronnie, Richard, Scott S. and the rest of the gang in the Howard universe.
Not sure how that would work but I'd be interested in it for sure.I absolutely love Carolla. His podcast is a must listen for me and has replaced The HS show in my must-listen rotation. The guy is absolutely hilarious. I think he replaced Howard in a market though and failed which would be a tough sell you'd think. Given that he wouldn't be edited though, this might work.If you don't listen to Carolla - read his book first "In 50 Years We'll All Be Chicks". If that makes you laugh, I'd definitely recommend his podcast.

Carolla is good enough to do it someday down the line.

I do miss the Artie days , when he and Gilbert would take over during the news were some top funnies.

If only I could find the show where Michael Buffer was on and Howard started asking him about his recent divorce and whether he "broke the news" to his ex-wife that he wanted the divorce using the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" voice. When he, of course, said he hadn't, Howard made him re-enact it using his announcing voice. I almost died.

"Honey....after 14 years of marriage...LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO GET DIVOOOOOOOOOORCED !!!!!!!!!"

If only I could find the show where Michael Buffer was on and Howard started asking him about his recent divorce and whether he "broke the news" to his ex-wife that he wanted the divorce using the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" voice. When he, of course, said he hadn't, Howard made him re-enact it using his announcing voice. I almost died."Honey....after 14 years of marriage...LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO GET DIVOOOOOOOOOORCED !!!!!!!!!"
It was May 25th, 2005 I believe if you can find a torrent perhaps :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who cancelled Satellite like me.

Search youtube for "ericthebedhumper2" and his you tube channel.

He uploads all the good stuff from the shows every single day - full length.

The amount of ads on Sirius is insane. The fact Howard has to read an ad after every Robin news story is mind numbing.

My presents are Howard 100, Howard 101, CNN, POTUS, MSNBC, CNBC, ESPN, and ESPN Xtra and the other day every single one was on an ad at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread