What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (1 Viewer)

Dancen Machine

Nubbin

Also sold my first print today of this.
Congrats!
Thanks! In case anyone is interested, a friend of mine—a professional photog— recommended mpix for prints. Ordering process was fairly simple and I thought the price was fair. Haven't received the print yet, but it should be arriving soon. I'll update with my take on the quality when it comes in.
I'm just an amateur, but Shutterfly.com always has good prices and quality.

Palo Duro Canyon

Went out last weekend with my youngest son. This is a 7 shot pano processed with Microsoft ICE.

Great capture and great use of B&W! :thumbup:
Thanks. I'm having some serious sensor dust issues—and this photo in particular took a ton of tweaking to correct it. Any recommendations?
:no: :( My Camera has the issue now also. Even with the Automatic sensor cleaning, if I take shot with a plain background I notice a couple of spots and what looks like a hair in the top right corner.

I'm too :confused: to clean it myself no matter who many books I've read or videos I've watched so probably just going to bite the bullet and take to Ritz or National camera and get it professionally cleaned.

Great capture and great use of B&W! :shrug:
Thanks. I'm having some serious sensor dust issues—and this photo in particular took a ton of tweaking to correct it. Any recommendations?
:goodposting: :goodposting: My Camera has the issue now also. Even with the Automatic sensor cleaning, if I take shot with a plain background I notice a couple of spots and what looks like a hair in the top right corner.

I'm too :goodposting: to clean it myself no matter who many books I've read or videos I've watched so probably just going to bite the bullet and take to Ritz or National camera and get it professionally cleaned.
Yeah, I read a couple tutorials but I'm hesitant to mess with anything without some guidance. Might as well pony up the dough and not have to worry about it.

I really can't decide which "style" I like best of these two shots so going to provide links to each and let you all take :boxing: ;)
Nice pictures! I don't think there's a right answer. I like Boxed better as color. I like Docked better as BW. The only one I didn't care much for is Boxed BW, though I'm guessing that with a different filter to convert to B&W and some contrast tweaks that picture could work too.

I really can't decide which "style" I like best of these two shots so going to provide links to each and let you all take :boxing: ;)

Boxed In - Color

Boxed In - B&W

Docked - Color

Docked - B&W
I like the B&W for both, but I'd jack up the contrast if you go that route.ETA: I see what you're saying about your sensor dust on that docked photo. Big old dot at the top, just left of center. Also, regarding what others have said, the vividness of the wood on the dock is actually why I prefer the B&W. I usually opt for B&W when the color draws the eye toward the wrong thing or weighs down a portion of the photo—that's what I feel is happening here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boxed In - Color

Boxed In - B&W

Docked - Color

Docked - B&W
Color versions of both. The color contrast of the cool background with the warm wood tones makes them more striking. Especially "Docked". Maybe slightly warm up the tones of the crate in "Boxed In". Slightly.
In Snogger's Flickr photostream, there's another picture with a good example of this effect.

I really can't decide which "style" I like best of these two shots so going to provide links to each and let you all take ;) :lmao:

Boxed In - Color

Boxed In - B&W

Docked - Color

Docked - B&W
Color versions of both. The color contrast of the cool background with the warm wood tones makes them more striking. Especially "Docked". Maybe slightly warm up the tones of the crate in "Boxed In". Slightly.
In Snogger's Flickr photostream, there's another picture with a good example of this effect.
The composition of that one isn't as strong as "Docked", but you're right. :boxing:

snogger said:
skrzycki said:
Been a while since I've added to this thread. Here are a few I took around town today.

Wood Work

Water Lily 2
Nice DOF on the woodwork and nice colors on Lilly #2 :cry:
Thanks. Woodwork was my favorite of the day. Hated that this was in the quiet room and I was probably distrubing the people reading. But oh well...haven't seen a card catalog in a while and thought it would make a nice shot.

I bought a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS a couple of weeks ago and it has far more features than I'll ever take the time to learn. The moon was amazing the other night and I just couldn't capture a good picture of it despite using a dozen different settings. How do you take a good picture of the moon? It kept looking fuzzy or hazy or shadowed when it was bright and you could see the shape of clouds through it but not in any of the pics.

I bought a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS a couple of weeks ago and it has far more features than I'll ever take the time to learn. The moon was amazing the other night and I just couldn't capture a good picture of it despite using a dozen different settings. How do you take a good picture of the moon? It kept looking fuzzy or hazy or shadowed when it was bright and you could see the shape of clouds through it but not in any of the pics.
Were you using a tripod or something to steady the camera on? Although it might not seem like a long time, the shutter speed to capture a good image of the moon requires a pretty steady hand. Any movement, even slight, could cause the image to blur.

Were you using a tripod or something to steady the camera on? Although it might not seem like a long time, the shutter speed to capture a good image of the moon requires a pretty steady hand. Any movement, even slight, could cause the image to blur.
Yes, this was my first thought so I moved to the rail of the deck and propped the camera on it. I should upload the pics so you can see what happened to them.

Yes, this was my first thought so I moved to the rail of the deck and propped the camera on it. I should upload the pics so you can see what happened to them.
:) From Pant.. A Tripod is a must to get a good shot of the moon.This one was taken at 1/15

this one was taken at 1/1250

and this one was taken at 1/250

The first one snogger is exactly what I was trying to capture. You could just faintly see the clouds in front of it but at one point the camera was opting to focus on the power lines. It's like you were here on my deck. :rolleyes:

The first one snogger is exactly what I was trying to capture. You could just faintly see the clouds in front of it but at one point the camera was opting to focus on the power lines. It's like you were here on my deck. :lol:
Power lines :confused: Those were Saturn's Rings out of orbit.. I have no idea where you see power lines :confused: ;)Sometimes you get what you get.. truth is I didn't even realize they were there until I got home and started looking through the photos, otherwise I would have moved. :thumbdown:

Catching a thief.

These were taken with a Canon 7D, 800 mm 5.6 lens, 1.4 extender making the equivalent focal length ~ 1800mm. These are full frame shots and have not been cropped. The camera shoots ~ 10 frames/sec so this all happened in less than 1/2 a second.

First picture out of focus

in focus 1/10 second later.

Money shot

The get away

I will take down the pictures in a few days. Please do not copy or distribute them. The size has been reduced dramatically so you can not blow them up to any useful or presentable size.

Catching a thief.

These were taken with a Canon 7D, 800 mm 5.6 lens, 1.4 extender making the equivalent focal length ~ 1800mm. These are full frame shots and have not been cropped. The camera shots ~ 10 frames/sec so this all happened in less than 1/2 a second.

First picture out of focus

in focus 1/10 second later.

Money shot

The get away

I will take down the pictures in a few days. Please do not copy or distribute them. The size has been reduced dramatically so you can not blow them up to any useful or presentable size.
:eek: Great catch(es)!

70 images stitched together to max out the depth of field (Brenizer Method) -

Tracks
Very cool! I've been meaning to try out the Brenizer Method but haven't found the time. Out of curiosity, do you have a version where the background isn't desaturated? I'd love to see it if you do.Great work!

outlawassassins said:
goonsquad said:
outlawassassins said:
Wow. Stunning. :lmao: ETA: You sure like HDR, huh? :pics: ;)
Thank you, and yes I love HDR
Beautiful work, and nice use of HDR. My only comment is that your work is so good, you don't need to use so many photoshop filters.
Agree. I'd love to see less post-processing, but it's clear that you're having fun with it. :shrug: :unsure:

I really can't decide which "style" I like best of these two shots so going to provide links to each and let you all take :shrug: ;)

Boxed In - Color

Boxed In - B&W

Docked - Color

Docked - B&W
I like the B&W for both, but I'd jack up the contrast if you go that route.ETA: I see what you're saying about your sensor dust on that docked photo. Big old dot at the top, just left of center. Also, regarding what others have said, the vividness of the wood on the dock is actually why I prefer the B&W. I usually opt for B&W when the color draws the eye toward the wrong thing or weighs down a portion of the photo—that's what I feel is happening here.
Since we discussed this recently, here's how one photog does a conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread