What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (1 Viewer)

I've been digging through photos from my big hike last summer and posting some shots I overlooked.

Tilt
I want to build a cabin on that lake and live there the rest of my life.
I said this last summer when I got back: It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen. If you ever have a chance to do this hike, do it. Late summer, if possible (we were there in late July and snow still covered 70% of the upper basin; a lot of the stuff we did up there—walking on snow over water, traversing snow ledges—was a bit too risky for my taste. Also: absolutely no campfires allowed). It will be five or six days of your life you will never forget.Here's another photo.

Just a few minutes from my house lies High Park. Toronto's version of Central Park (designed by the same man). This pond ices over in early December but the warm winter has caused it to remain in a constant state of liquid. We had a really cold day this week and it created this thin sheet of ice. Ran through today (7 degrees celsius) and the ice was all but gone. Enjoy!

Sunset over Grenadier Pond in High Park, Toronto Ontario.

New updates in Picasa are :thumbup: . They added in a bunch of new effects (Holga, Orton, frames) and finally added vignette. Heck they even fixed the Walgreens bug.

I still will use PSE for initial processing of RAW files, but for quick and dirty editing, Picasa rocks.

'pantagrapher said:
I always enjoy your captures, and this one is a prime candidate for sale as a stock image. Excellent work.
Thanks! Did you write that after seeing my caption or did you just think that on your own?
How funny. No, I didn't notice that. Just a coincidence. Many of your images are excellent, but for some reason, this one in particular reminded me of the stock images I see populating places like istockphoto.com.

'pantagrapher said:
I always enjoy your captures, and this one is a prime candidate for sale as a stock image. Excellent work.
Thanks! Did you write that after seeing my caption or did you just think that on your own?
How funny. No, I didn't notice that. Just a coincidence. Many of your images are excellent, but for some reason, this one in particular reminded me of the stock images I see populating places like istockphoto.com.
Really liked this snap as well. Good stuff pants :thumbup:

Are there any rules in this thread? I'm not sure how it started out, but it seems like the pics I've seen toward the end are pretty well done, even professionally so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any rules in this thread? I'm not sure how it started out, but it seems like the pics I've seen toward the end are pretty well done, even professionally so.
No rules. Shoot it and post a link. Feel free to critique posts, provide tips, ask questions. A lot of people posting here you can see the amazing progress over the course of the thread. Good times.

Back in 2006 I took this photo which I loved except for one thing..

The Nesting box smack dead center

So Decided to play around with Photoshop elements and the "spot healing tool"..

let me know what you think of the edited photo. :popcorn:
Wow, I really have to learn how to use that thing.
Really wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be.. The tip on Page 32 of this pdf showed removing a flag pole so I thought about my shot from 2006 and tried it out.. Probably took me a total of 20 minutes to learn the tool and make the changes. :thumbup:

Really wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be.. The tip on Page 32 of this pdf showed removing a flag pole so I thought about my shot from 2006 and tried it out.. Probably took me a total of 20 minutes to learn the tool and make the changes. :thumbup:
Funny after seeing both photos you did such a good job it looks more like you added the pole instead of removing it. Nice job

Love it. You considered starting a Flickr account?
No, why? What's the advantage?
Check out pantagrapher's and my flickr sites (links in our sig's)..It is free, although I purchase the Pro account for more options. Great place to store and display your photos. :thumbup:

Like the Barn shot, but IMO I think the Barn should be more dominant..

A closer shot with it in the half third spot rather than the bottom third spot would give it more "pop" IMO.

Funny after seeing both photos you did such a good job it looks more like you added the pole instead of removing it. Nice job
:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it. You considered starting a Flickr account?
No, why? What's the advantage?
Check out pantagrapher's and my flickr sites (links in our sig's)..It is free, although I purchase the Pro account for more options. Great place to store and display your photos. :thumbup:

Like the Barn shot, but IMO I think the Barn should be more dominant..

A closer shot with it in the half third spot rather than the bottom third spot would give it more "pop" IMO.
Ok, I think I get it. I always have trouble deciding between a close up and capturing the whole vista. Usually I settle on something more in the middle, like this one. Or I take two pictures.What makes flickr a better option? Like does it gives you a larger image, better editing, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread