What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (1 Viewer)

ummm.. I may not get any work done for awhile as I just found a GREAT tool for us Outdoor photographers who like to capture sun rise/set..

The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE) is a tool to help with the planning of all types of outdoor photography, but particularly landscape and urban scenes.

It is a map-centric sun and moon calculator: see how the light will fall on the land.
Basically you choose a place on Google Maps and a date and it shows you the Sun rise/set and Moon rise/set paths for that day. :headbang: Now, instead of taking Compass settings out into the field and trying to find the right place to setup, I can use this program ahead of time to plan my outing. :yes:

The Photographer's Ephemeris

It is free for the Desktop version and they do have a iPhone app you can purchase.

An example would the Willow River State park I go and take :pickle: at all the time.

Here is a screen shot of what the program shows me
Found this last night. Today is "Manhattanhenge", the day where the sun lines up with Manhattan streets and you can get amazing urban sunset shots. Inspired me to track down the software, which they now have for Android. I'm playing with it on the PC and found a way to get it on my phone at no cost, so I'll definitely be using this regularly to plan some sunset shots and maybe find the right days to take advantage of sun & moon alignments in the future.

:blackdot: For the TPE (thanks Sarnoff) and for offdee photographing three of my favorite subjects.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last column was in the June issue. They have a new managing editor and my column is currently "on hold" while they reorganize and redesign. We'll see what happens.Here's some recent stuff from Boundary Waters. Had an amazing trip up there last week.

Isle

Bedraggled

Reel (accidentally had my ISO jacked up from the previous night. could have been a much better shot.)

Ashore

:kicksrock:I liked your columns. I hope they bring it back after the re-org.
Thanks. It's been getting a bit frustrating dealing with them lately. They stopped sending me copies of the magazine despite repeated requests. Then they finally gave me links to the electronic versions, but those pages are all down and the links no longer work. It has all the signs of a magazine in financial trouble. I wrote to my contact over there a couple weeks ago and her out-of-office response says she won't be back in until Sept. 7. Hopefully, they can get things figured out over there.

:kicksrock:I liked your columns. I hope they bring it back after the re-org.
Thanks. It's been getting a bit frustrating dealing with them lately. They stopped sending me copies of the magazine despite repeated requests. Then they finally gave me links to the electronic versions, but those pages are all down and the links no longer work. It has all the signs of a magazine in financial trouble. I wrote to my contact over there a couple weeks ago and her out-of-office response says she won't be back in until Sept. 7. Hopefully, they can get things figured out over there.
Ugh. Hate to hear that. If you're missing electronic copies, I'll see if I can dig some up through back channels.

:kicksrock:

I liked your columns. I hope they bring it back after the re-org.
I think the last article you posted in the thread was February's issue. Here are PDF links to March, April, May and June.Nice work, hope that they bring you back.

I really like that shot. Extreme horizon lines are really interesting to me when they are done well and you did a really nice job. I'm also a big fan of B/W in general.
:thanks: With the rock pile being as it was(lose rocks and slippery from the rain and waves)I had a hard time getting to a spot to catch the waves. This one was "washed out" in color so decided it might be better in B/W.

I think the last article you posted in the thread was February's issue. Here are PDF links to March, April, May and June.Nice work, hope that they bring you back.
:thumbup: Thanks, man!

:thumbup: Thanks, man!
Your April column mentions the time Joshua Bell played his Stradivarius in a DC subway station during rush hour. I love that story. Here's the newspaper article and the Youtube video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread