What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Favre's year, game by game (1 Viewer)

pigskinliquors

Dr. Parrothead
Knowing how close many of GB's games were this year, I checked to see how Brett contributed to each of their games. IF you are a Packer or Favre fan, you might not want to read any farther as this gets quite gruesome. Game by Game =1) @ DET (L 3-17) Favre's mistakes are bad, but not the difference in the game= Favre threw an INT and had a fumble in their own territory. These mistakes led to 10 Detroit points. Packers had ZERO points in the second half.They lost the game, but total ineptness on offense can't all be blamed on Favre, though the Defense only gave up one TD = With good QB play they could have won.2) CLEV (L 24-26) Favre's mistakes hurt the team dearly. = He throws an INT in their own endzone; two plays later = a TD for Cleveland= He throws an INT on the 22 yard line = leads to an easy FG for ClevelandIn a close game, these 2 turnovers are brutal3) TB (L 17-16) Favre's gunslinging costs the Pack again (are you seeing a trend).= Favre has 3 INT's in the game, with 2 in the 4th quarter (1 ending their last drive)= Favre isn't able to get the team a TD in the second half2 INT's in what could have been game winning drives = youch!4) CAR (L 29-32) More Favre mistakes = another close loss= Favre has a fumble and an INT in their own territory. The Fumble leads to a short 3 play TD drive for CAROLINA, while the INT leads to a short 2 play drive for a CAR TD.2 more very costly turnovers in a very tight game (the nightmare continues)5) NO (W 3-52) Favre hits the time machine, and beats up on the one team that I wouldn't think you'd want to run up the score on this year.6) @ MN (L 20-23) Favre plays possibly his best game of the year, with few errors, but can only lead the team to ONE FG in the second half = another loss.Hard to pin this on Favre, but he had multiple chances to be the hero here.7) @ Cincy (L 14-21) The team plays a great game, but Favre plays awful. = Favre has FIVE INT's, ALL in the Second half :eek: .The Pack could have easily had a quality win, but Brett kept passing to the wrong team. His forward illegal pass, and the fan stealing the ball from him, make this a game I'm sure he'd like to forget.8) PIT (L 20-10) The Packs D only allows one 3rd down conversion, but Brett gives Pitsburgh too many points.= Favre threw an INT which was returned for a TD and fumbled inside their own 20 leading to an easy FG = he gave PIT as many points as he put up.It really doesn't look like the whole team is that bad, but they keep losing for some reason?9) @ ATL (W 33-25) The Pack commit to Gado, and he leads the way with 3 TD's.= A quality win, simply by taking the ball out of the hands of the problem (see above if you think differently). = Only 1 Turnover for Brett (though it does lead to an Atlanta TD).This was another good game from Brett. Only 1 passing TD, but few mistakes.10) MN (L 20-17) Again, the Pack outplay an opponent, but come up short.= Brett has a TD returned for a TD, and throws another INT in the 4th quarter in what could have been a game winning drive.What happened to taking the ball out of his hands, as the team only has 14 rushing attempts the entire game?? Ball in Favre's hands = loss; management should have figured this out by now.11) @ Philly (L 14-19) Another chance for a second half win which comes up short.= The Pack have ZERO points in the second half. Favre thrown an INT in their endzone (bad redzone mistake), and throws another INT in their LAST drive.= Favre doesn't get it done when it counts...AGAIN!12) @ CHI (L 7-19). Favre gets beat up in this game (not all his fault), has THREE fumbles (loses 2), and has Two costly INT's. This game was MUCH closer than it appears, as Favre had the ball in his hands again to win it!= Favre threw an INT with less than :20 on the clock in the first half, which leads to a one play FG for the Bears to end the half.= With the score 7 to 12 in the fourth, Favre throws an INT which was returned for a Bears TD. One of only a few 4th Quarter TD's that meant something for Favre in a LONG time.= Another chance to win; but another loss13) DET (W 16-13). Again, the Pack take the ball out of Favre's hands, and they win a game (the other trend from this thread!). = Favre has zero TD passes, and only 170 yards, but has only 1 INT. Instead of relying on the "gunslinger", Gado gets 29 rushing attempts for 170 yards. Ironically, the pass that probably won the game for the Pack wasn't from Brett: it was the intentional grounding that Gado had! = Brett still made two bad mistakes in this game. One; he had a fumble inside their own 30 which led to an easy FG. Two, his INT as time ran out on the clock in the fourth could easily have been returned for a game losing TD to Detroit.14) @ BALT (L 3-48). This game was the MOST lobsided game in the HISTORY of Monday Night Football. There's a record for the books! Favre certainly wasn't the only cause of the loss, but again, he did his share.= he completed only 14 of 29 passes to his team, while he was able to complete 2 to the Atlanta Defenders. The first INT led to a Baltimore TD, while the second happened with 2 minutes left in the first half with the ball at midfield in a 21 to 3 game. The INT led to a Boltimore FG. = while he only had 2 INT's, he had multiple (at least 5) throws hit the hands of Atlanta Defenders. The worse display was during their second drive of the second half, where he threw back to back to back passes in Atlanta territory which all should have been intercepted. The last two in particular were right in the hands of first Reed and then McAllister. Things got even worse once Rodgers went in. 15) CHI (L 17-24). Favre's #'s in his potentially last game against CHI = 30/51 317 yds, 0 TD's, 4 INT's. Favre actually had a fifth INT which was inside the red zone (10 yard line), but a pass interference call off the ball nullified it. His most costly INT (while all four were), was Briggs INT in the 3rd Quarter which was returned for a 10 yard TD. = Again, Favre's turnovers greatly impacted the outcome of the game. IF he threw as many TD passes to his own team in this one, as he did to the opposite team, the outcome could very easily have been different. This team has had an entire year of close games, that could have been won with just a few less mistakes.16) SEA (W 17/23). Favre finally gets a TD pass, after a five game drought, and only has one INT (much better than his average), and one Fumble. His stat line was 21/37 for 259 yds 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble. While Seattle played their second string much of the game, Brett does look pretty good, as he minimized his big errors. = This may very well be Brett's final game. With a win, and decent numbers it wouldn't be too bad of a way to go out. Unfortunately, the win came at a bad time, as it moves them down to the fifth spot in the draft.All in all; Favre had a large hand in virtually ALL of the Pack's losses, and has failed to win a game for them this year (barring the New Orleans game). Two of the games that they won, Gado actually was the MVP, and the Seattle game was against their second string, in a meaningless game.With just conservative play from the QB it looks like the Pack could have virtually won EVERY game this year (except the Baltimore game). Win even half of their twelve losses and they'd be looking at the playoffs. Say what you want about injuries, and a "terrible surrounding cast":Favre's final numbers for the year are:372/607 for 3,881 yards; 20 TD's, 29 INT'sFavre leads all QB's in INT's (12 more than 2nd worst) and 2nd most FumblesQB rating of 70.9 = 48 QB's had a better rating than him this year. It looks to me that Favre is a large part of the problem, and the surrounding cast isn't so bad!!** This post will be edited after each game after his 13th to see how this progresses!- Games 15 and 16 are now added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling FlaVVed. FlaVVed please pick up a white courtesy phone. Oh wait, I'll just go ahead and put in his comments:1. FAVRE LOST ALL HIS WEAPONS ON OFFENSE2. All Favre haters are ignorant toolsThat should cover it.

good post, farve is way, way past his prime no matter how bad the ball washers don't want to see it. He should have been smart and hung it up after last year. Everybody knew the pack was not going anywhere for years to come.

Calling FlaVVed. FlaVVed please pick up a white courtesy phone.

Oh wait, I'll just go ahead and put in his comments:

1. FAVRE LOST ALL HIS WEAPONS ON OFFENSE

2. All Favre haters are ignorant tools

That should cover it.
Amazing how they've virtually had a chance to win every game this year with ALL HIS WEAPONS ON OFFENSE lost. This must be a great team if they are just one or two bonehead plays away each game (which seem to be made by the same person) from winning, yet lost ALL their weapons. WOW!

What costly INT's were tipped balls, not by the opponent, but by his own players? If a person is going to diagnose a season, diagnose it totally. I am not a Favre hater, nor lover, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that NO WEAPONS = MORE CHANCES FOR BAD DECISIONS.Has Favre had a good year? In most respects no. But, to say this team could have been in those games with Rodgers at QB is quite laughable. Take away Manning's weapons and I doubt he throws as well as he does now. If you want to hate Favre fine, but hate with an unbiased opinion.

Calling FlaVVed. FlaVVed please pick up a white courtesy phone.

Oh wait, I'll just go ahead and put in his comments:

1. FAVRE LOST ALL HIS WEAPONS ON OFFENSE

2. All Favre haters are ignorant tools

That should cover it.
Amazing how they've virtually had a chance to win every game this year with ALL HIS WEAPONS ON OFFENSE lost. This must be a great team if they are just one or two bonehead plays away each game (which seem to be made by the same person) from winning, yet lost ALL their weapons. WOW!
He's not actually here to make comments...yet. Maybe he'll change his tune in light of this most recent post. :lmao: FWIW...I'm definitely inbetween on this. I think Favre has had a horrible year, but he still gives them a better chance to win than the other QBs they have on the roster.

No way am I going to try and debate this subject with mental midgets that know nothing about football.Keep it up, it is amusing stuff to read. :lmao:

No way am I going to try and debate this subject with mental midgets that know nothing about football.

Keep it up, it is amusing stuff to read. :lmao:
Oh come on. You've already done it at least 10 times this year (after each loss) and another 3 that you started after each win. What's one more going to hurt???

Nice analysis....or, I think you just wasted your time. You can point these plays out, yep costly. You're right on there. But, I could also go through the season and look at every single pass thrown, scramble made, audible called and try to decide if any other QB on GreenBay's roster would have been able to do the same. Shortsighted analysis, to say the least.

Nice analysis....or, I think you just wasted your time. You can point these plays out, yep costly. You're right on there. But, I could also go through the season and look at every single pass thrown, scramble made, audible called and try to decide if any other QB on GreenBay's roster would have been able to do the same. Shortsighted analysis, to say the least.
I'm with you that I don't think any other QB on GB's roster could have done much better. Yet, I'd argue that MULTIPLE QB's in the NFL would have this team with more than a few more wins. Simply by not making costly mistakes. Green Bay as a team is not that bad. They've won 3 games, and had a great opportunity to win EVERY game that they lost = looking at Brett's mistakes it's time for him to go bye, bye. The Brett that I grew up watching could have taken this same team to 9+ wins IMHO. This version MAY get 4 wins, along with more than 30 turnovers. Marino's last year was the first that he had more INT's than TD's. While Favre has done it a few times, this is the first in awhile = a good sign to hang it up.

That and without discussing the tips...the aligator arms (Fergie in game 1), the fumbles on special teams (how is that not even mentioned in the Philly game).While alot of it is on Favre. There is blame to go around on the Oline, the WRs, and lack of a running game until the past few weeks.

Just looks like someone wasted time coming up with another excuse to bash Brett Favre.

As bad as the Favre lovers like Madden are, the haters are just as bad.

That and without discussing the tips...the aligator arms (Fergie in game 1), the fumbles on special teams (how is that not even mentioned in the Philly game).While alot of it is on Favre. There is blame to go around on the Oline, the WRs, and lack of a running game until the past few weeks.

Just looks like someone wasted time coming up with another excuse to bash Brett Favre.

As bad as the Favre lovers like Madden are, the haters are just as bad.
It's amazing how Favre gets a free pass for his mistakes. Show me where he won a game this year (beyond the N.O. drudging which was REALLY classy)? Their Defense is solid, and they have a good running game when they go to it = How do they only have three wins, given the scenarios posted above IF Favre is "all that?"

Excuses? I'm showing what he did in games. SOME people are making excuses. For example:
That and without discussing the tips...the aligator arms (Fergie in game 1), the fumbles on special teams (how is that not even mentioned in the Philly game)
One of us is making excuses... :popcorn:

It's amazing how Favre gets a free pass for his mistakes. Show me where he won a game this year (beyond the N.O. drudging which was REALLY classy)? Their Defense is solid, and they have a good running game when they go to it = How do they only have three wins, given the scenarios posted above IF Favre is "all that?"
What is amazing is how people like to take any defense of a guy as giving him a free pass. Where do I give him a free pass for his mistakes? Please point that out.Real classy? What was wrong with the NO game? Do you realize he threw 2 passes after the midway point of the 3rd quarter and came out of the game in the 4th?

Defense has been solid...and they had no running game until the Atlanta game came along...and where did I say he was "all that"? Don't put things in quotes that people do not actually say, and please do not ever try putting words in my mouth...it will only make you look foolish when I call you on it...and I will call you on it.

Excuses? I'm showing what he did in games. SOME people are making excuses. For example:
That and without discussing the tips...the aligator arms (Fergie in game 1), the fumbles on special teams (how is that not even mentioned in the Philly game)
One is taking the whole picture in...not just looking at a stat line.Do you disagree that some of his INTs could have been avoided with some effort by a WR? I agree that many are his fault and his alone. But denying that the WRs have had problems is foolish.

And the Philly game, how you can not mention the 2 fumbles on special teams that had a bigger effect in those games than Favre's ints did is quite naive as well.

My advice to you is watch the game rather than reading a stat line or a recap.

One is taking the whole picture in...not just looking at a stat line.Do you disagree that some of his INTs could have been avoided with some effort by a WR? I agree that many are his fault and his alone. But denying that the WRs have had problems is foolish.

And the Philly game, how you can not mention the 2 fumbles on special teams that had a bigger effect in those games than Favre's ints did is quite naive as well.

I do watch the games; and I'll agree that not all his INT's (22 and counting) are his fault. I also agree that in the Philly game you could absolutely put blame on the special teams. It still doesn't take away his red zone INT and INT in the last drive in which they could have gone in to win the game. I am also not saying that Favre is the biggest problem with the Packers; just showing that he currently isn't the solution either.

I do watch the games; and I'll agree that not all his INT's (22 and counting) are his fault. I also agree that in the Philly game you could absolutely put blame on the special teams. It still doesn't take away his red zone INT and INT in the last drive in which they could have gone in to win the game. I am also not saying that Favre is the biggest problem with the Packers; just showing that he currently isn't the solution either.
Your post obviously implies that you think he is the biggest problem. No need to backtrack now.No, it does not take away those turnovers...but looking at the special teams turnovers that led to 10 points is a good start.

What costly INT's were tipped balls, not by the opponent, but by his own players? If a person is going to diagnose a season, diagnose it totally. I am not a Favre hater, nor lover, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that NO WEAPONS = MORE CHANCES FOR BAD DECISIONS.

Has Favre had a good year? In most respects no. But, to say this team could have been in those games with Rodgers at QB is quite laughable. Take away Manning's weapons and I doubt he throws as well as he does now. If you want to hate Favre fine, but hate with an unbiased opinion.
With an unbiased opinion? What is my bias beyond stating what he's done. Speaking of bias:It looks like you post quite a bit in Packer threads = you don't by chance have a bias do you?

edited to state that "Challenge Everything" has a post in each of the threads in the link above.

They should have put in Rogers like many of the Favre "haters" said earlier in the year. Oh wait, aren't they sending him NFL europe?

Your post obviously implies that you think he is the biggest problem. No need to backtrack now.No, it does not take away those turnovers...but looking at the special teams turnovers that led to 10 points is a good start.
OK, there's somebody else to blame in ONE game. :thumbup:

They should have put in Rogers like many of the Favre "haters" said earlier in the year. Oh wait, aren't they sending him NFL europe?
Why are people who point out Favre's deficiencies called "haters?" Are we all supposed to let his mistakes go un-scrutinized? Does he get a free pass?

They should have put in Rogers like many of the Favre "haters" said earlier in the year.  Oh wait, aren't they sending him NFL europe?
Why are people who point out Favre's deficiencies called "haters?" Are we all supposed to let his mistakes go un-scrutinized? Does he get a free pass?
I just think it's a silly argument because what is the alternative? Who do they have on their bench or who could they have reasonably gotten that could have done any better? You can point to his INT total and easily blame him but do you know that the Wr didn't run the wrong route? Don't forget that the Packers were plucking guys off their practice squad and the street to play against real NFL defenses in the real nfl games with about a weeks training. Favre gets all the blame but Favre isn't going to blame his guys in the press to defend himself. He hasn't been perfect and he certainly isn't the best qb in the league any longer but considering their line, their defense, their rb situation and their wr situation I just don't see how under those circumstances anyone could have had any degree of success. Favre can still throw the ball (better than most) and he can still read a defense (better than most) but he needs talent like almost every other QB in the league. In the past he was good enough to carry the team on his back and he can't do it anymore but that doesn't make him a bad qb because the # of QB's that can carry an offense by themselves I can count on one hand.

You are not even worth the effort to educate.
I'm sorry if me showing actual examples instead of making excuses has confused you. This coming from the guy with the great post that Atlanta might be better served with Vick as a WR. No bias here.
I'm not in the least confused. I just realize that trying to educate you would be as foolish as trying to put a pig in a tux.
What do I need to be educated on? I'm simply posting actual things that have happened this year. Would you rather that I just make comments without data to back it up? Oh, by the way, Favre looked good again last night didn't he! I watched the full game, and the ball that Favre throws must be difficult to catch, as the Atlanta Defenders dropped at least five of them that looked quite catchable.edited to add, I'm about to include Favre's input into this weeks game above. Another gem :thumbup: !

What do I need to be educated on? I'm simply posting actual things that have happened this year. Would you rather that I just make comments without data to back it up? Oh, by the way, Favre looked good again last night didn't he! I watched the full game, and the ball that Favre throws must be difficult to catch, as the Atlanta Defenders dropped at least five of them that looked quite catchable.

edited to add, I'm about to include Favre's input into this weeks game above. Another gem :thumbup: !
I, like many other posters, forgot that Favre plays all 22 positions on the field, check that, I forgot Favre = the 53 man roster only. Find some bias elsewhere to post. The offense sucks, but that is not Favre's fault. They were the #1 NFC offense last year. Between then and now, what has changed? I'll hang up and listen.

What do I need to be educated on? I'm simply posting actual things that have happened this year. Would you rather that I just make comments without data to back it up? Oh, by the way, Favre looked good again last night didn't he! I watched the full game, and the ball that Favre throws must be difficult to catch, as the Atlanta Defenders dropped at least five of them that looked quite catchable.

edited to add, I'm about to include Favre's input into this weeks game above. Another gem :thumbup: !
I, like many other posters, forgot that Favre plays all 22 positions on the field, check that, I forgot Favre = the 53 man roster only. Find some bias elsewhere to post. The offense sucks, but that is not Favre's fault.
Have you watched him play this year? He chucks the ball up for grabs constantly. alot of the offensive and defensive problems they have are fav-res fault weather you like it or not.

I, like many other posters, forgot that Favre plays all 22 positions on the field, check that, I forgot Favre = the 53 man roster only. Find some bias elsewhere to post. The offense sucks, but that is not Favre's fault.
Have you watched him play this year? He chucks the ball up for grabs constantly. alot of the offensive and defensive problems they have are fav-res fault weather you like it or not.
While Favre was bad last night...I do not think he made it tough on the defense...the defense stunk all on its own.

What do I need to be educated on?  I'm simply posting actual things that have happened this year.  Would you rather that I just make comments without data to back it up?  Oh, by the way, Favre looked good again last night didn't he!  I watched the full game, and the ball that Favre throws must be difficult to catch, as the Atlanta Defenders dropped at least five of them that looked quite catchable.

edited to add, I'm about to include Favre's input into this weeks game above.  Another gem  :thumbup: !
Has Favre had a good year? No. Is the Packers lack of success due to Favre's play? No. A team does not go from a top 5 offense to a bad offense because of the QB play. A QB mind you that led them to that top 5 offense the year before. How does that happen? Lack of a more thorough answer is that his weapons have all gone away mostly due to injury.Compare all NFL teams this year and which team has lost the most games to starter injuries? I would bet it is the Packers. Opening day rosters with injuries losing the most games will be the Packers. If it is not I will be highly surprised.

you know what is gruesome? Last night's game against the Ravens! The Pack got killed! Anyone watch the whole game?

Has Favre had a good year? No. Is the Packers lack of success due to Favre's play? No. A team does not go from a top 5 offense to a bad offense because of the QB play. A QB mind you that led them to that top 5 offense the year before. How does that happen? Lack of a more thorough answer is that his weapons have all gone away mostly due to injury.Compare all NFL teams this year and which team has lost the most games to starter injuries? I would bet it is the Packers. Opening day rosters with injuries losing the most games will be the Packers. If it is not I will be highly surprised.
Lost the most games yes, but not lost the most talent. New England has lost a lot more, and they are getting primed to take another run at the playoffs. :shrug:

.................It looks to me that Favre is the problem, and the surrounding cast isn't so bad!!
Meh...... what DW said, something about not worth the effort.... :lmao: :hophead: :lmao: :hophead:
All I'm trying to show is that in MULTIPLE games one single play being made is the only difference between a win and a loss. The Favre of old, and many qb's in the league this year would have made that one big play. Their team is not all that bad (well, last night they certainly were). They've been incredibly competitive, but Favre has made too many mistakes. Mistakes which have often been the difference between a win and a loss.

What do I need to be educated on?  I'm simply posting actual things that have happened this year.  Would you rather that I just make comments without data to back it up?  Oh, by the way, Favre looked good again last night didn't he!  I watched the full game, and the ball that Favre throws must be difficult to catch, as the Atlanta Defenders dropped at least five of them that looked quite catchable.

edited to add, I'm about to include Favre's input into this weeks game above.  Another gem  :thumbup: !
Lost the most games yes, but not lost the most talent. New England has lost a lot more, and they are getting primed to take another run at the playoffs. :shrug:
Ok I vowed not to come into the ridiculous threads anymore, but this I gotta hear....Please enlighten me on how New England lost a lot more talent to injuries this season than Green Bay...

this i gotta hear :popcorn:

.................It looks to me that Favre is the problem, and the surrounding cast isn't so bad!!
Meh...... what DW said, something about not worth the effort.... :lmao: :hophead: :lmao: :hophead:
All I'm trying to show is that in MULTIPLE games one single play being made is the only difference between a win and a loss.
End of discussion. :lmao: :lmao:

Starting rosters are starting rosters. I doubt your argument that New England has lost more talent then the Packers have this year. That is foolish.The Packers have lost their #1, #3, #4 WR's for most of the season. They have now lost their top 5 RB's for the year... FOR THE YEAR!! New England doesnt even come close to these two comparisons. Like others have said, you cannot educate the uneducated. Done.

Starting rosters are starting rosters. I doubt your argument that New England has lost more talent then the Packers have this year. That is foolish.The Packers have lost their #1, #3, #4 WR's for most of the season. They have now lost their top 5 RB's for the year... FOR THE YEAR!! New England doesnt even come close to these two comparisons. Like others have said, you cannot educate the uneducated. Done.
I'm sorry. I thought that defensive players also were an important part of the game. My bad. FYI: here's a list of some of New Englands woes this year. 12/17/05 FB Heath Evans Shoulder QUESTIONABLE Missed Week 15 vs. Tampa Bay

12/17/05 TE Ben Watson Head QUESTIONABLE Missed Week 15 vs. Tampa Bay

12/14/05 QB Tom Brady Shin QUESTIONABLE

12/14/05 CB Asante Samuel Infection QUESTIONABLE

12/7/05 CB Artrell Hawkins Thigh QUESTIONABLE

12/7/05 T Nick Kaczur Shoulder QUESTIONABLE

11/30/05 SS Michael Stone Ankle QUESTIONABLE

11/23/05 RB Kevin Faulk Foot QUESTIONABLE

11/18/05 WR Bethel Johnson Pelvis QUESTIONABLE

11/17/05 CB Randall Gay IR I-R. Out for the season

11/17/05 C Dan Koppen IR

11/16/05 T Matt Light Ankle DOUBTFUL

11/16/05 CB Duane Starks IR I-R. Out for the season

11/9/05 T Tom Ashworth Knee QUESTIONABLE

11/9/05 TE Daniel Graham Shoulder QUESTIONABLE

11/2/05 FB Patrick Pass Hamstring QUESTIONABLE

11/2/05 CB Tyrone Poole IR I-R. Out for the season

10/26/05 RB Corey Dillon Calf QUESTIONABLE

10/21/05 DB Guss Scott IR I-R. Out for the season

10/14/05 CB Chad Scott IR I-R. Out for the season

10/1/05 LB Ryan Claridge IR I-R. Out for the season

10/1/05 SS Rodney Harrison IR I-R. Out for the season

10/1/05 WR Cedric James IR I-R. Out for the season

10/1/05 WR Michael McGrew IR I-R. Out for the season

Also starting Middle Linebacker Teddy Johnson decided to retire right before the season; the played an entire game with only TWO active WR's as all others were lost (and won, mind you), and have also had injuries to 4 RB's (Faulk, Dillon, Pass & Evans). What NE and multiple other teams have shown, is that you can lose WR's (see New England the past two years) and you can lose RB's (see what Jonathon Wells, LJ, Turner, etc. did this week) and still do very well in this league. Losing Defensive players is a MUCH bigger problem IMHO.

Lost the most games yes, but not lost the most talent.  New England has lost a lot more, and they are getting primed to take another run at the playoffs.  :shrug:
I'm sorry. I thought that defensive players also were an important part of the game.
This stuff just keeps getting better and better. :lmao:

I'm sorry. I thought that defensive players also were an important part of the game. My bad. FYI: here's a list of some of New Englands woes this year.

12/17/05 FB Heath Evans Shoulder QUESTIONABLE Missed Week 15 vs. Tampa Bay

11/17/05 C Dan Koppen IR

10/1/05 WR Michael McGrew IR I-R. Out for the seaso
Serious question here. Did you just post the defense roster about a discussion involving how Favre and the offensive side of the ball has been bad this year?

Here are some interesting numbers:Green Bay is 8th in the NFL in total defense. They are 18th in total offense. Yet, they are 3-11. Why? Well, they are 31st in the NFL in takeaway/giveaway ratio with a +/- of -20. Favre leads the NFL in INT's with 24. Aaron Brooks is 2nd with 17. Draw whatever conclusion you want to from those numbers.

I'm sorry. I thought that defensive players also were an important part of the game. My bad. FYI: here's a list of some of New Englands woes this year.

12/17/05 FB Heath Evans Shoulder QUESTIONABLE Missed Week 15 vs. Tampa Bay

11/17/05 C Dan Koppen IR

10/1/05 WR Michael McGrew IR I-R. Out for the seaso
Serious question here. Did you just post the defense roster about a discussion involving how Favre and the offensive side of the ball has been bad this year?
No. I responded to somebody who stated that stated:
Starting rosters are starting rosters. I doubt your argument that New England has lost more talent then the Packers have this year. That is foolish.
I was assuming that in football there are two sides of the ball. One being offense, and the other being defense. It seemed like a simple assumption.

Here are some interesting numbers:

Green Bay is 8th in the NFL in total defense. They are 18th in total offense.

Yet, they are 3-11. Why?

Well, they are 31st in the NFL in takeaway/giveaway ratio with a +/- of -20.

Favre leads the NFL in INT's with 24. Aaron Brooks is 2nd with 17.

Draw whatever conclusion you want to from those numbers.
This is interesting :popcorn:

Yet, they are 3-11. Why?

Good posting, seriously. But, like most QB's some of their INT's are from tipped balls. Favre, I believe, has had more INT's tipped this year then other QB's. Is this an excuse? No, but diagnose the numbers instead of saying XYZ happened therefore this is the way it is. People are not saying Favre is having a bad year, but put ANY QB on Green Bay this year without the weapons that Green Bay had before injury and ANY QB would have similar numbers with similar results. Is Favre having a bad year? Yes, nobody is going to deny that. But, when teams can stack 7/8 in the box and with no threats at WR what do you expect?

He played the same way two years ago(2003).He was careless w/ the ball all season. Just like last night he was throwing into double/triple coverage as if he didn't give a damn.He bounced back well in 04'Bottom line, he does what he wants when he wants, and is just as good as he'd like to be. Or is a careless as he wants.I'm pissed at him, he cost me my Dynasty league playoffs w/ all those picks.I've watched him closely and he could be great, but doesn't care anymore

Yet, they are 3-11. Why?

Good posting, seriously. But, like most QB's some of their INT's are from tipped balls. Favre, I believe, has had more INT's tipped this year then other QB's. Is this an excuse? No, but diagnose the numbers instead of saying XYZ happened therefore this is the way it is. People are not saying Favre is having a bad year, but put ANY QB on Green Bay this year without the weapons that Green Bay had before injury and ANY QB would have similar numbers with similar results. Is Favre having a bad year? Yes, nobody is going to deny that. But, when teams can stack 7/8 in the box and with no threats at WR what do you expect?
IF they are stacking the line, how do you explain Gado's success?Also, IMHO the Favre of old would have this team at .500 or better; as would multiple other QB's who are able to minimize mistakes. Regading tipped passes, Favre has also had multiple INT's dropped this year (I can recall 5 from last nights game!).

= all QB's have dropped passes (some hurt, some help!).

Yet, they are 3-11. Why?

Also, going into this week's games (most recent data available) he had the second most fumbles of any qb (only one less than Dilfer who is leading the way).

Users who are viewing this thread