What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] DL #2/3 (1 Viewer)

DL #2

• Charles Grant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Kerney

• Jason Taylor

• Aaron Schobel

• Osi Umenyiora

• Dwight Freeney

• Robert Mathis

• Michael Strahan

• Will Smith

• Other

• Total voters

Tick

Footballguy
Please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round. If you must assume a scoring system, go with 0.5 points per half-tackle, 3 points per sack / INT / FF / FR.Defensive ends and Defensive tackles are rolled together for this category.1. Julius PeppersWho's #2?Final results:Charles Grant [ 3 ] [8.33%] Patrick Kerney [ 1 ] [2.78%] Jason Taylor [ 9 ] [25.00%] Aaron Schobel [ 2 ] [5.56%] Osi Umenyiora [ 6 ] [16.67%] Dwight Freeney [ 10 ] [27.78%] Robert Mathis [ 1 ] [2.78%] Michael Strahan [ 2 ] [5.56%] Will Smith [ 2 ] [5.56%] Other [ 0 ] [0.00%] Freeney is #2 and Taylor is #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for Osi, but my concern about him is how effective will he be after Strahan moves on? Strahan is in great shape, but will turn 35 next season. Osi may slip some without Strahan to attract attention in the blocking schemes.

I voted for Osi, but my concern about him is how effective will he be after Strahan moves on? Strahan is in great shape, but will turn 35 next season. Osi may slip some without Strahan to attract attention in the blocking schemes.
That's true, though they have high hopes for Tuck to be able to step into Strahan's position. It's good that they have him around to learn before Strahan's gone.

That would seem correct, but in fact, is simply not the case. During the '04 campaign, Strahan went down for the season after the November 7th game against the Bears. By some fate of nature (maybe the right end moved over to the right side) Osi began starting after that game and put up great stats over the final 8 games (one of which he didn't start)Eight games: 46 total tackles and 4 sacks

Projected 16 games: 92 total tackles and 8 sacks

All this without the dominant left end that NY had before. Comparing to this years stats, it may make some sense. While his tackle numbers are being vultured by Stahan, the pressure by Strahan also has allowed him to rack up more sacks. Hence its almost a tradeoff. While tackles will undoubtedly go up post-Strahan, sacks may fall. In the end, fantasy-wise, its a wash.

My vote is for Jason Taylor. Simply has been dominant and despite injuries, is having an excellent season. Can't see him slowing down in the comming few years. May have a strahan-like career in terms of longevity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for Osi, but my concern about him is how effective will he be after Strahan moves on?  Strahan is in great shape, but will turn 35 next season.  Osi may slip some without Strahan to attract attention in the blocking schemes.
That would seem correct, but in fact, is simply not the case. During the '04 campaign, Strahan went down for the season after the November 7th game against the Bears. By some fate of nature (maybe the right end moved over to the right side) Osi began starting after that game and put up great stats over the final 8 games (one of which he didn't start)Eight games: 46 total tackles and 4 sacks

All this without the dominant left end that NY had before. Comparing to this years stats, it may make some sense. While his tackle numbers are being vultured by Stahan, the pressure by Strahan also has allowed him to rack up more sacks. Hence its almost a tradeoff. While tackles will undoubtedly go up post-Strahan, sacks may fall. In the end, fantasy-wise, its a wash.

My vote is for Jason Taylor. Simply has been dominant and despite injuries, is having an excellent season. Can't see him slowing down in the comming few years. May have a strahan-like career in terms of longevity.
Great input on Osi. That settles it for me. Taylor is truely dominant, but at the age of 31, I wouldn't put a high dyansty pick out there for him. IMHO he falls five spots or so for his age.

Freeney is too one dimensional for me to take over Grant. I think Grant was not himself due to a lingering injury this year. Watch out in 2006.

Great input on Osi. That settles it for me. Taylor is truely dominant, but at the age of 31, I wouldn't put a high dyansty pick out there for him. IMHO he falls five spots or so for his age.
Speaking of the devil...Giants | Umenyiora agrees to six-year extension

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 19:04:35 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports New York Giants DL Osi Umenyiora has agreed to a six-year contract extension. The deal totals just under $41 million, with $15 million guaranteed and almost $21 million earned through the first three years.

I like Umenyiora the most here. Freeney is so damn inconsistent I'm not sure he makes my top 10. The guy had three games where he did not register a tackle, and other where he had one. I own him in IDP and should be able to get more than he's worth this offseason thanks to his name and a few big games.

I like Will Smith. Now that he has fully entrinched himself in the starting line up , he will be a very consistent scorer. He can play the run as well as he plays the pass.

Users who are viewing this thread