What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (1 Viewer)

DOVCommish

Footballguy
Promised my wife the whole Disney thing for Christmas next year if the job situation got any better in 06 and then I got lucky by winning a drawing at work for 2 round trip tickets and 2 nights hotel in Orlando at the company holiday party.So, we're going.Good thing is it will only run me for 2 hotel nights and airfare for my 5 yo son, so that's not too bad. But now that I've started looking at ticket prices for the Disney parks, Universal/Islands of Adventure (and having to rent a car) umm, holy #### this one is going to cost me.We'll hit the Disney Animal Park (whatever it's called) and Universal for my son to get the Marvel Heroes fix, but beyond that I'm not sure yet. Probably have to hit Magic Kingdom too, but that's more for my wife than anything. I know it's like one of the most popular destinations in the country and there are a ton of places to get info and ticket deals, but anyone wish to offer any recent experiences? Good deals/Bad deals on tickets, anything in the parks not really worth seeing? Haven't been since I was like 12, so I can't remember much.Just starting this journey and any quickie advice (or links) would be appreciated.TIA.

Promised my wife the whole Disney thing for Christmas next year if the job situation got any better in 06 and then I got lucky by winning a drawing at work for 2 round trip tickets and 2 nights hotel in Orlando at the company holiday party.

So, we're going.

Good thing is it will only run me for 2 hotel nights and airfare for my 5 yo son, so that's not too bad. But now that I've started looking at ticket prices for the Disney parks, Universal/Islands of Adventure (and having to rent a car) umm, holy #### this one is going to cost me.

We'll hit the Disney Animal Park (whatever it's called) and Universal for my son to get the Marvel Heroes fix, but beyond that I'm not sure yet. Probably have to hit Magic Kingdom too, but that's more for my wife than anything.

I know it's like one of the most popular destinations in the country and there are a ton of places to get info and ticket deals, but anyone wish to offer any recent experiences? Good deals/Bad deals on tickets, anything in the parks not really worth seeing? Haven't been since I was like 12, so I can't remember much.

Just starting this journey and any quickie advice (or links) would be appreciated.

TIA.
We'll hit the Disney Animal Park
:lmao:

You can probably get two solid days of use out of Universal. The City Walk area at night is fun too, moreso if you didn't have the kid though. If you are a AAA member, you get some good discounts. Sorry I can't be of better help. Also, if you "accidentally" get really hurt while at the park, they might refund your price of admission. Just a thought.

Go to a bookstore and get a book called the "Unofficial Guide to Disney World"I liked the book because it gave you great hints on how busy rides are at certain times of the day, which rides were fast loading rides or slow loading rides, which time of the day is best to do certain things, things to see, things to skip, which rides might be scary for children, what time of the year is best to go, which restaurants are best, cheapest, ect.It even had schedules which you could follow to see as much as possible. We didn't follow the schedules to the tee, but we did get some good hints as to what to ride or see first.Good book and IMO very helpful if you've never gone to Disney World as an adult.

The kid won't appreciate Epcot.Do yourself a favor and do not stay on the resort, it'll cost you a fortune.

Promised my wife the whole Disney thing for Christmas next year if the job situation got any better in 06 and then I got lucky by winning a drawing at work for 2 round trip tickets and 2 nights hotel in Orlando at the company holiday party.

So, we're going.

Good thing is it will only run me for 2 hotel nights and airfare for my 5 yo son, so that's not too bad. But now that I've started looking at ticket prices for the Disney parks, Universal/Islands of Adventure (and having to rent a car) umm, holy #### this one is going to cost me.

We'll hit the Disney Animal Park (whatever it's called) and Universal for my son to get the Marvel Heroes fix, but beyond that I'm not sure yet. Probably have to hit Magic Kingdom too, but that's more for my wife than anything.

I know it's like one of the most popular destinations in the country and there are a ton of places to get info and ticket deals, but anyone wish to offer any recent experiences? Good deals/Bad deals on tickets, anything in the parks not really worth seeing? Haven't been since I was like 12, so I can't remember much.

Just starting this journey and any quickie advice (or links) would be appreciated.

TIA.
STAY AWAY FROM THE ANTELOPES!!!!

I don't think 2 days is long enough to tell you the truth. Try to see if you can get the trip extended and pay the difference. If you are going to go through the trouble of going, you might as well make it worth it.

So, we're going.

TIA.
Irony=Hippo backing down to a leafeater because of some sunglasses, then laughs at someone "hitting" an animal park

When I was a kid my parents saved and saved for a family trip to Disney...then just days before booking found an offer for a trip all around the British Isles for less per person...Some 20 years later and I've still never been to Disney, though I've been to about 20 other countries...and I couldn't be happier...

1) If you're going to go to a lot of parks, check out the "parkhopper" passes. They allow you to go to a bunch of different parks and you'll save a few bucks on admission.2) DON'T expect to get into the parks for much less than the regular price. Do not go to these places offering 1/2 price Sea World or Disney tickets. Most look very reputable, but they're all timeshare schemes, so unless you want to listen to a sales pitch for 3 hours, just buy the admission ticket.3) Hit a water park. Wet 'N' Wild is the best of the bunch and is cheaper than the other parks (more like $30-$35 to get in, not $55-60) Winter is the best time to go unless it's really cold out because most people think 70 degrees is too cold for a water park and they stay away, not realizing all the water is heated to 80-85 degrees. If it's sunny out and not windy (not uncommon) - go.4) Rent your car from Payless. Cheap as hell - you can get a compact for $25 a day. My buddy just flew out here for 4 days and got a convertible Mustang for $40/day.5) Use the line skipper thing at any parks that have them. You go to a dide, scan your ticket and it tells you when to come back and ride it (it allows you to pick a ten-minute block of time in case you have other rides scheduled.) No more long waits on line, you can spend your wait times walking around or eating instead.6) If you're going to go out at night, check out Universal's CityWalk instead of Disney's Pleasure Island. It's free (as opposed to $25 for Disney) and it's just as good. Also, they'll try to sell you an all-clubs access pass for $10. Skip it. I have yet to be asked for a cover at any of the bars there, even though they're supposed to.

our trip in Sept cost about $4500 for 4 days.
:confused: Did you stay at one of the Disney resorts and fly first class ? Wow.
It's been 3 years since I've been. Family of 4 (youngest one got in free). We drove & stayed onsite at one of the Disney All Star resorts. Gas, grub, room and passes for 7 days cost us about $1,750.We were planning on doing it again in June, but not if it has gone up this much in price.

1. Parkhopper pass is a must. 2. Magic Kingdom is a must3. Epcot is worth a half day. Same for Animal Kingdom4. If going to MGM Studios (and I would), go early. Most of the cool stuff isn't open past 8pm. There's all kinds of shows. When you get to the park check the schedule and try to get to as many as you can.5. If you purchase Disney Dining, call NOW to make your reservations at the sit down places. 6. Pack snacks, buy meals onsite7. Staying onsite isn't that expensive if you stay at one of the All-Star Resorts. Saves the need for a rental car. In addition, you get to go early/stay late at certain parks on certain days. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.8. Speedpass when available. Always.9. I've never been to Universal, but don't see the need if you buy the parkhopper10. Spend the extra cash, buy a 7-day parkhopper with no expiration. This will save you money on the second trip.

My wife is a Disney expert. I'll see what she can add. If you can think of any other questions you might have about the place, ask here and I'll get her to answer.

Any chance you are a military member? My wife is in the Air National Guard and the military owns a resort down there that is VERY reasonable and the rate is based on your rank. They also have free shuttle service to all the disney parks so you won't have to rent a car. Hotel is called Shades of Green - very nice and has a championship golf course attached to the hotel. :thumbup: If you aren't a military member, then maybe someone else can use the information.

The kid won't appreciate Epcot.

Do yourself a favor and do not stay on the resort, it'll cost you a fortune.
My 6 yo constantly talks about Epcot (or "Apricot" as she calls it). We were there for the evening parade and fireworks show...she can't wait to go back. Our 8 yo talks about doing Splash Mountain when she was 5 and they were totally excited about it when we told them we were going again in July.My 6 yo said "you are giving me too many brain memories to keep them all!" when we told her. Then she said "brain memories are a good thing!" That's all I needed to hear...if she's remembering the last trip (2.5 years ago) and is looking this forward to this trip, then it's worth it.

We are trading two weeks of timeshare--one week in a 2 bedroom in Orlando and another for a 2 bedroom on the Gulf Coast. This will be our third trip there in 6 years. My parents live 3 hours north, so they come down for a few days and we vacation together.

I consider Orlando expensive and we'll have accomodations for $129 per week and no rental (parent's bringing their mini van for us to use). I'm normally a penny pincher, but on vacation, I open the wallet. I suppose it's because I never took a vacation growing up (literally...not one vacation).

On the last trip we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for two nights in a room overlooking the savannah. It was off-season so we got a good deal. One of my favorite pictures to this day is my girls sitting on the balcony with their backs to us and their hands in a snack bowl while a giraffe is drinking from a pool about 60' in front of them.

You just can't put a price on things like that...

FWIW, we also don't go into dept for things like this...it's the penny pinching at home that lets us do this.

Just go and have fun.

There are a couple good forums on the web for Disney deals, so make sure you find and read them. There is also a couple Disney outlet stores in Orlando...hit those and get your Disney themed items for cheaper than the park. We never pay for anything except some food or water. The book recommendation is good too, but so many people get that book now that the "avoid the crowds" sections don't really work...

Bottom line: Have fun and don't let worrying about the money ruin your good times!

So, we're going.

TIA.
Check ebay for people selling day passes.

9 and under at Disney is basically a waste of money. Kids of that age would have the same amount of fun at a local fair.

Go to a bookstore and get a book called the "Unofficial Guide to Disney World"

I liked the book because it gave you great hints on how busy rides are at certain times of the day, which rides were fast loading rides or slow loading rides, which time of the day is best to do certain things, things to see, things to skip, which rides might be scary for children, what time of the year is best to go, which restaurants are best, cheapest, ect.

It even had schedules which you could follow to see as much as possible. We didn't follow the schedules to the tee, but we did get some good hints as to what to ride or see first.

Good book and IMO very helpful if you've never gone to Disney World as an adult.
What he said..My wife and I followed the guide (for the most part) in Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM & Animal Kingdom. The guide tells you how to go through the park. You end up walking by some rides that you might want to go on, but you come back to them later when the lines go down. And you get to the popular/crowded rides first. We probably went on every ride that we wanted to go on, between when the parks opened and 11:00AM every day, then went back to the hotel to hang out by the pool until night, then went back to the parks for more fun. As I recall, there are tear out maps/guides in the back of the book that we kept with us. Very cool. We stayed on a Disney property (was about $130/night 5 years ago) because you get into the parks an hour earlier (at least, sometimes 2 hours) than the people that don't stay in the parks. Plus, there are free shuttle buses between the Disney hotels and the parks, that run more frequently and drop you off closer to the main entrances, than the buses from non-Disney hotels. Since we stayed in the Disney hotel, we didn't need a rental car. The transfer from the airport (I think Mears) was cheap and ran about every 5-10 minutes.

Back to the guide - most people stumble through the parks, stopping and whatever ride is right in front of their nose. The guide tells you the best and fastest way to see the most and go on the most rides. I think the longest wait we had was about 4 minutes at the test track at Epcot, and we'd already been on a few other rides before we got there.

our trip in Sept cost about $4500 for 4 days.
:confused: Did you stay at one of the Disney resorts and fly first class ? Wow.
It's been 3 years since I've been. Family of 4 (youngest one got in free). We drove & stayed onsite at one of the Disney All Star resorts. Gas, grub, room and passes for 7 days cost us about $1,750.We were planning on doing it again in June, but not if it has gone up this much in price.
See, now that sounds more like it. I'd say you'll likely drop $2500 for a family of four with decent accomodations and a rental car, plus 7-day parkhopper passes. You can do it more cheaply than that if you try, but at some point, you have to just say to hell with it and throw a few bucks around. That's for a week, though - I don't know how you spend $4500 in 4 days unless you stay at the Westin Grand Bohemian, Peabody, or the Ritz Carlton, rent a Mercedes, eat all your meals at Morton's or Emeril's, go to every park and drink yourself silly every night.

9 and under at Disney is basically a waste of money. Kids of that age would have the same amount of fun at a local fair.
Tell me Da Guru, what age children have you taken to Disney?

:confused: Most rides have 40" restrictions. My 8 yo girl is 50" and my 6yo is 45". So, they can do any of the rides and see all the shows.

What exactly would be a waste for anyone under 9?

Tell me Da Guru, what age children have you taken to Disney?
I would say 9 and under is about perfect for Disney. Any kid older than that would rather Universal Studios.

Check out disboards.com, you'll find some pretty good info there. I also recommend the Unofficial Disney Guide. I'd highly recommend that you stay on Disney property if you can given that you have a five year old. Reason is that you'll want to hit the parks early, go back to your hotel room/pool for some afternoon downtime and then be fresh for your late afternoon return to the parks. As on-property rooms can be expensive I'd suggest you "rent" DVC points from the disboards. This is essentially I timeshare and will save you about 50% on the typical Disney RAC rate. Also, DVC properties have kitchens so you can save some $ by eating lunch/breakfast in your room.Magic Kingdom is a must for a 5 year old. And he'll probably also enjoy Disney Studios and Animal Kingdom. Epcot less so but there's still stuff there for kids his age.Lastly, you'll find that the ticket pricing encourage longer stays, so a 2-day pass will be about $100 whereas a 6-day will be $200. I'd recommend 5-6 days on Disney property and would think that you could get a studio for about $1200 by renting from a DVC member. Airfare might run you $200 pp, tix $200 pp, food anywhere from $100-250 perday for the family, and souvenirs/miscellaneous on top of that.

Check out disboards.com, you'll find some pretty good info there. I also recommend the Unofficial Disney Guide.

I'd highly recommend that you stay on Disney property if you can given that you have a five year old. Reason is that you'll want to hit the parks early, go back to your hotel room/pool for some afternoon downtime and then be fresh for your late afternoon return to the parks. As on-property rooms can be expensive I'd suggest you "rent" DVC points from the disboards. This is essentially I timeshare and will save you about 50% on the typical Disney RAC rate. Also, DVC properties have kitchens so you can save some $ by eating lunch/breakfast in your room.

Magic Kingdom is a must for a 5 year old. And he'll probably also enjoy Disney Studios and Animal Kingdom. Epcot less so but there's still stuff there for kids his age.

Lastly, you'll find that the ticket pricing encourage longer stays, so a 2-day pass will be about $100 whereas a 6-day will be $200. I'd recommend 5-6 days on Disney property and would think that you could get a studio for about $1200 by renting from a DVC member. Airfare might run you $200 pp, tix $200 pp, food anywhere from $100-250 perday for the family, and souvenirs/miscellaneous on top of that.
The best price I can find is $277 pp and that's flying into Tampa. Flying into Orlando is looking like $351 at the cheapest for me...

1. Parkhopper pass is a must.

2. Magic Kingdom is a must

3. Epcot is worth a half day. Same for Animal Kingdom

4. If going to MGM Studios (and I would), go early. Most of the cool stuff isn't open past 8pm. There's all kinds of shows. When you get to the park check the schedule and try to get to as many as you can.

5. If you purchase Disney Dining, call NOW to make your reservations at the sit down places.

6. Pack snacks, buy meals onsite

7. Staying onsite isn't that expensive if you stay at one of the All-Star Resorts. Saves the need for a rental car. In addition, you get to go early/stay late at certain parks on certain days. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.

8. Speedpass when available. Always.

9. I've never been to Universal, but don't see the need if you buy the parkhopper

10. Spend the extra cash, buy a 7-day parkhopper with no expiration. This will save you money on the second trip.
:goodposting: I'd go ahead and include a day at one of the two Universal parks if one of the kids is really into it and you're going to be in town 4 days.

Good luck - lots of headaches but in the long run more than worth it for all the memories. Heck, even my bad trips to Disney (with my nephew) are full of good memories.

Check out disboards.com, you'll find some pretty good info there.  I also recommend the Unofficial Disney Guide. 

I'd highly recommend that you stay on Disney property if you can given that you  have a five year old.  Reason is that you'll want to hit the parks early, go back to your hotel room/pool for some afternoon downtime and then be fresh for your late afternoon return to the parks.  As on-property rooms can be expensive I'd suggest you "rent" DVC points from the disboards.  This is essentially I timeshare and will save you about 50% on the typical Disney RAC rate.  Also, DVC properties have kitchens so you can save some $ by eating lunch/breakfast in your room.

Magic Kingdom is a must for a 5 year old.  And he'll probably also enjoy Disney Studios and Animal Kingdom.  Epcot less so but there's still stuff there for kids his age.

Lastly, you'll find that the ticket pricing encourage longer stays, so a 2-day pass will be about $100 whereas a 6-day will be $200.  I'd recommend 5-6 days on Disney property and would think that you could get a studio for about $1200 by renting from a DVC member.  Airfare might run you $200 pp, tix $200 pp, food anywhere from $100-250 perday for the family, and souvenirs/miscellaneous on top of that.
The best price I can find is $277 pp and that's flying into Tampa. Flying into Orlando is looking like $351 at the cheapest for me...
Song or JetBlue should be under $200. Do they serve your city? Also, flight priced are best about 2-3 months from departure. Latly, if you are flying in/out on a Sat, it may be more difficult - try Tues to Tues instead of Sat to Sat.

:confused: Our kids found 80-90% of the characters they met at Epcot. He'll have a 6yo with him. I thought my kids (then 11, 7, 6) would want to hit the rides, yet they stopped cold for the characters.As for links:http://www.tourguidemike.com - plan your rides to avoid/minimize the lineshttp://www.mousesavers.com - saving $$$ (get the newsletter for more saving tips)http://www.themouseforless.com - saving $$$Four things to remember:ParkHopper PassFastpassFastpassFastpass

When I was a kid my parents saved and saved for a family trip to Disney...then just days before booking found an offer for a trip all around the British Isles for less per person...

Some 20 years later and I've still never been to Disney, though I've been to about 20 other countries...and I couldn't be happier...
I didn't get to Disney until I was 38.

Check out disboards.com, you'll find some pretty good info there.  I also recommend the Unofficial Disney Guide. 

I'd highly recommend that you stay on Disney property if you can given that you  have a five year old.  Reason is that you'll want to hit the parks early, go back to your hotel room/pool for some afternoon downtime and then be fresh for your late afternoon return to the parks.  As on-property rooms can be expensive I'd suggest you "rent" DVC points from the disboards.  This is essentially I timeshare and will save you about 50% on the typical Disney RAC rate.  Also, DVC properties have kitchens so you can save some $ by eating lunch/breakfast in your room.

Magic Kingdom is a must for a 5 year old.  And he'll probably also enjoy Disney Studios and Animal Kingdom.  Epcot less so but there's still stuff there for kids his age.

Lastly, you'll find that the ticket pricing encourage longer stays, so a 2-day pass will be about $100 whereas a 6-day will be $200.   I'd recommend 5-6 days on Disney property and would think that you could get a studio for about $1200 by renting from a DVC member.  Airfare might run you $200 pp, tix $200 pp, food anywhere from $100-250 perday for the family, and souvenirs/miscellaneous on top of that.
Song or JetBlue should be under $200. Do they serve your city? Also, flight priced are best about 2-3 months from departure. Latly, if you are flying in/out on a Sat, it may be more difficult - try Tues to Tues instead of Sat to Sat.
Flying from Denver or Colorado Springs. I priced fare for Feb and July...Feb was more expensive and it was the same price no matter what day we left. Flying from Denver would save us about $30/ticket if we go to Orlando, but I'll drive the hour from Tampa for $60/person ($240 total).Southwest looks like they could get us to Orlando for $228+taxes and fees if we drive the hour to Denver and back for our trip. That's if their "Internet one-way" fares hold up when we can book the flight (not available for booking this far out). Otherwise, it'll be $274+taxes and fees.

Jet Blue is $199 from DEN -- ONE WAY...this would be $430 including taxes.

My wife is a Disney expert. I'll see what she can add. If you can think of any other questions you might have about the place, ask here and I'll get her to answer.
Okay, according to my husband it looks like I am the expert he spoke of. Staying on Disney property will save you time and money especially with a five year old. Do not expect to do everything disney has to offer in 4 days with a four year old.

In December in 2006 as long as you go before Dec. 20th it will be value season at Disney hotels. Rooms at value resorts during this time can be as little as $59/night with AAA discount or $69/night without. Staying on property saves you $10 day in parking fees and you can use Disney Transportation to and from the parks if your son needs a break during the day. Staying onsite allows you to use the parks during Extra Magic Hours which on select days they open the parks one hour early or stay open 3 hours later to resort guests only.

You can opt to get the disney dining plan it was going for roughly $35/per adult per day...if you choose to do this it can work out to be a bargain but you need to make reservations for sit down restaurants ahead of time because they rarely have room for walk ups. Disney restaurants are now taking reservations 180 days ahead of time.

Passes are now called my way, you buy a base ticket which allows you into one park for one day you add options onto it, like park hopping and additional days, you can also add "plus" features like the water parks and/or disney quest (most likely on a 4 day trip you wouldn't get to use this feature) you can also add a "no expiration" option which can be a good value or not depending on the number of days you choose. DO NOT BUY TICKETS ON EBAY, you do not know how many days are really left on them, and disney can't tell you until you go to put it through at the gate. With the new my way tickets the more days you buy the cheaper it is per day, so if you ever plan on returning it might not be a bad idea to buy 8 or 10 days with the no expiration option as opposed to a 4 day 14 day expiration ticket.

Ticketmania is a good discount ticket broker, we have personally used them and found their service to be exceptional.

Guide books, the unofficial guide is good but I love passporter, they also have a message board at passporter.com

www.mousesavers.com is a great resource as well as www.allearsnet.com

As far as a rental car you might want to skip it alltogether, Disney provides free transportation to and from their resorts to the airport, they provide transportation from all hotels and parks. You really don't NEED a car. If you choose to go to universal there is a LINX bus that goes (I think it is $8 per person) or you could get a cab.

Don't underestimate, the dining and entertainment options at Epcot and MGM, there is a new stunt show, there will be a new attraction Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, and Soarin at Epcot is not to be missed.

One last thing, at Christmas time, there are extra things, like Mickey's very merry christmas party (requires separate ticket) but it has a limited attendance so attraction lines are very small. The candlelight processional and the Osbourne lights among a billion other things.

PM me if you need more info.

If you're really cheap and don't mind wasting 2 hours in the morning, you can go listen to a timeshare pitch and get 2 free tickets to the disney park of your choice.

:confused: Our kids found 80-90% of the characters they met at Epcot. He'll have a 6yo with him. I thought my kids (then 11, 7, 6) would want to hit the rides, yet they stopped cold for the characters.As for links:

http://www.tourguidemike.com - plan your rides to avoid/minimize the lines

http://www.mousesavers.com - saving $$$ (get the newsletter for more saving tips)

http://www.themouseforless.com - saving $$$

Four things to remember:

ParkHopper Pass

Fastpass

Fastpass

Fastpass
Here is the FBG of Disneyhttp://www.disboards.com/

:confused: Most rides have 40" restrictions. My 8 yo girl is 50" and my 6yo is 45". So, they can do any of the rides and see all the shows.

What exactly would be a waste for anyone under 9?
Why..because any 9 year would have as much fun at any local carnival going on all the rides as they would at Disney. you would save about 5 grand, and your kids would not be crying about how tired they are and wanting to go back to the hotel and swim. I had a buddy that was a Disney exec, he told me that is is exactly why they have the 40"..they are not going to limit the market.Face it..going to Disney with kids under the age of 9 is really about the parents saying they went there..not the kids.

Don`t get me wrong..I love Disney. I took my 14-15 year old girls there last year and they had a great time. I took them there when they were 8-9 and all they wanted to do was swim at the pool.

It is your $$$$$ so if you enjoy it..go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Do yourself a favor and do not stay on the resort, it'll cost you a fortune.
If you want to save money stay at aplace off the resort....they are cheaper and still have free shuttle service to the resort. Disneyworld is huge thre is more than just the big parks,they have minigolf,waterslides,sports complex,etc.... You will not do everything in 4 days...I reccommend you enjoy what you can to its fullest and give yourself a reason to return again.

Sorry to bump and hitch on here but we're narrowly things down for our trip.... does anyone know if the Swan & Dolphin have the same benefits(transportation, early entry, etc.) as Disney Resorts even though they are not owned by Disney.

Sorry to bump and hitch on here but we're narrowly things down for our trip.... does anyone know if the Swan & Dolphin have the same benefits(transportation, early entry, etc.) as Disney Resorts even though they are not owned by Disney.
sTeam...What benefits are you getting from Swan & Dolphin?

I can't imagine it is (any or much) cheaper than the Pop Century or All-Star resorts, which are Disney operated, have nice amenities and all the onsite benefits. I actually preferred the Pop Century to the Coronado (much more expensive onsite property)

same early entry & bus system

Yes they do.

sTeam...What benefits are you getting from Swan & Dolphin?

I can't imagine it is (any or much) cheaper than the Pop Century or All-Star resorts, which are Disney operated, have nice amenities and all the onsite benefits. I actually preferred the Pop Century to the Coronado (much more expensive onsite property)
5 years ago we stayed at the All Star Music, my wife didn't like at all. Room was pretty dirty and we had real long waits for transportation. Maybe it was just the room we had and the time we went, but she wanted to try something different. I found a decent discount rate for teachers @ the Swan or Dolphin. Still not as cheap as teh value resorts, but somewhere in between the Moderates & the Value.

Users who are viewing this thread