What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (6 Viewers)

OK, even though this is a Disney thread, if everyone is cool with it,  I'll start dropping in some Universal Orlando tidbits in here given that it seems the WDW and UO are battling it out pretty good for everyone vacation dollar. 

The real biggest news coming out of UO is that we are very close to the opening of the newest Harry Potter Attraction—Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure—on June 13th. 

Set on the former Dueling Dragons attraction space in the Hogsmeade section at Island of Adventure. This ride points to being a really great step forward in rollercoaster experiences. Unlike a typical coaster where you get in and go, this one will combine elements of typical coaster hills and drops, drop tracks (where the coaster switches tracks and changes direction or level), multiple launches, backward action, animatronics and show scenes. The rider will board a string of cars that resemble Hagrid's motorbike, either sitting on the bike or in the sidecar. 

Set in the Forbidden Forrest, the ride itself will take you through many notable locations in the films and at times, pausing to have certain scenes play out in front of you before 'flying off' again. There will be no upside down movements, but plenty of good drops, launches and twists. It will also contain both indoor and outdoor scenes throughout the attraction. Along the ride, you'll encounter the Weasly's flying car, a huge Fluffy animatronic, a magic fight between HP and Lord Voldermort, Devils Snare and a few other surprises. 

No news yet on if Express Pass will be accepted for this ride yet, but based on the past, HP attractions have not accepted EP in the first few months to a year after opening. 

One fun fact is that they have planted over 1200 trees on this attraction as they try to recreate the dark forest. 

More on Universal, The next construction project underway is the Jurrasic World Coaster, again at Islands of Adventure. Not a lot of details are known just yet (including an opening target), but what we do know is this. The ride will be a coaster, most likely a normal steel coaster with prob 2 launches. It will be placed on the sites that are now the Raptor encounter (that is moving to where the midway games were, they have been removed), Camp Jurrasic Playground, and across the lagoon in front of the Jurrasic Park Welcome Center all the way to the back of Mythos restaurant.  Work walls are already up and land clearing has begun, so more details should start emerging soon. 

More on Universal, The next construction project underway is the Jurrasic World Coaster, again at Islands of Adventure. Not a lot of details are known just yet (including an opening target), but what we do know is this. The ride will be a coaster, most likely a normal steel coaster with prob 2 launches. It will be placed on the sites that are now the Raptor encounter (that is moving to where the midway games were, they have been removed), Camp Jurrasic Playground, and across the lagoon in front of the Jurrasic Park Welcome Center all the way to the back of Mythos restaurant.  Work walls are already up and land clearing has begun, so more details should start emerging soon. 
They do a real good job of hiding construction, I was there all day yesterday and you could barely tell.  I suppose it’ll be harder to hide when coaster frame starts to go up.

Side observation:  E.T. is officially Universal’s version of “It’s A Small World”.  It is so outdated and pathetic compared to all the new stuff, but it is also so classic that it is still fun.  A landmark that can’t be touched

now this is fun: They just added on-ride photopass to the Haunted Mansion!

Disney has just announced that beginning today, Disney PhotoPass Service will capture a spirited photo of you as your Doom Buggy journeys through a labyrinth of haunted chambers in the Haunted Mansion attraction at Walt Disney World Resort! You might even notice a few silly spooks that fill in the dead space of your photo.

This is the 13th attraction photo capture opportunity in Florida and joins more than 100 places where Disney PhotoPass Service captures memories throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

To preview, purchase and download this attraction photo, you must be wearing a MagicBand or MagicBand 2 Icon in a MagicKeeper that’s linked to your Disney account. When you do, your photo will be automatically linked to your account, where it can be previewed at Disneyworld.com/PhotoPass or in the My Disney Experience app.

Holy mother of Moses!! For anyone who was a Horizon's fan, get ready! Some dude made a full 3D, 360VR ride through of the former attraction—and it's amazing!  

https://youtu.be/jXDgmjqATYY

you'll need the native youtube app or a browser that supports 360VR Video to get the whole experience. 

Unreal! 

I'm rolling today...this is a really cool twist on the Disney After hours special ticket events. 

Disney Villains After Hours Coming to the Magic Kingdom This Summer

Disney has just announced a new offering for Disney After Hours this summer: Disney Villains will add a wicked twist to Disney After Hours event nights from June 6 to August 8! Here at WDWNT, we’re huge fans of After Hours events, and it’s interesting to see Disney doing more with these, given the greater demand. (Nights continuously sell out every month!)

This summer, Disney Villains After Hours will take on a wickedly fun villains theme, with exclusive entertainment, food & beverage, merchandise and more.

Here are some of the new elements to expect:

A Brand-New Disney Villains Stage Show – Hades and Meg from “Hercules” will set the castle stage ablaze in this all-new stage show, Villains Unite the Night, which will also feature appearances by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier and Maleficent.

Spot Maleficent the Dragon –  Maleficent the Dragon, with her Steampunk style and signature wicked grin, will be let loose for the first time at night – breathing fire as she creeps through the park as a one-of-a-kind experience for party guests.

Villanous Enhancements: Discover surprising, villain-inspired additions at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain.

Wickedly Good Food & Beverage -A variety of special food & beverage offerings will also be available for purchase, including tasty desserts, drinks and dishes inspired by The Queen, Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, Hades, Dr. Facilier and even Emperor Zurg.

Event Merchandise – Event attendees can also purchase new logo merchandise, as well as items from a curated collection of the best Disney Villains merchandise available.

One Notorious Item to Note: Ever driven to stand out in their unpredictable and audacious fashion, while the Villains will be entertaining guests in the new stage show, they will not be participating in character greetings during the event.

If you really wanna get in on the action, Disneybounding as your favorite Disney Villain will be allowed for the event.

Disney Villains After Hours tickets cost $139 plus tax in advance, $144 plus tax on the event night. Annual Passholder and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $30 discount and purchase tickets for $109. Tickets for these specific Disney Villains After Hours event nights will go on sale April 29.
I know the special ticket events are debated here pretty well, and while technically I'm not a huge fan of spending more money to get into the parks, if they continue to plus these events and offer special unique experiences, then I can get on board with it. Villains are indeed something that many people want more of, myself included. Kinda bummed about the no villain meets, those would have been a huge draw alone. 

Depending on the dates, I'm going to try and get into one of these when I'm there in July. 

Some new details are coming out about how they plan on handling the crowds at DL when Galaxy's edge opens up...and there is a glimmer of hope that there will not be 5 hour lines. Instead, they are saying that there will be a virtual line, whereas you are free to roam the park until your reservation is ready. Sort of like a massive fastpass. 

Starting June 24, when the land opens to all Disneyland ticket-holders, the park will implement a virtual queue system to control access to the land. No standby access will be allowed. Spots in the Galaxy's Edge virtual queue will be available for claiming only after guests enter the park, until the advance reservation system that Disney will use between May 31-June 23. With a virtual queue, guests wanting to visit Galaxy's Edge will not have to waste hours waiting in a physical queue to enter the land and can instead enjoy the rest of the park until their turn is called.

Not that there won't be a physical queue for the land. As with Fastpass and other ride reservation systems, there will be a holding queue outside the land for people whose virtual queue times have arrived, but Disneyland officials expect the wait in that queue to be short. Basically, the exterior queue is there to maximize the capacity of the land, in case stragglers don't arrive precisely at their virtual queue return time. Disneyland will instead stack the next incoming group of visitors in that exterior queue, then load the land once that group is filled, so that the land does not drop below capacity.

This seems like good news and I hope they have learned something from past openings. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Time in the land also will be limited during the reservation period, though Disney officials could not yet say how they will be enforcing that."

This is the part that I'm curious about. If the line for Smugglers Run requires a 2 hour wait and guests are limited to a 3 or 4 hour stay in SW:GE, it seems like you'll either have to choose between Smugglers Run and little else, or skipping Smugglers Run to experience as much of the rest of SW:GE as you can. That doesn't seem like a very good choice to have to make.

I wonder if guests at the DL hotels will also have a shot at getting a reservation for SW:GE through the public reservation system? That would allow those guests to visit more than once during their stay.

I'm rolling today...this is a really cool twist on the Disney After hours special ticket events. 

I know the special ticket events are debated here pretty well, and while technically I'm not a huge fan of spending more money to get into the parks, if they continue to plus these events and offer special unique experiences, then I can get on board with it. Villains are indeed something that many people want more of, myself included. Kinda bummed about the no villain meets, those would have been a huge draw alone. 

Depending on the dates, I'm going to try and get into one of these when I'm there in July. 
Dates look like every Thursday night in June and July and including August 1st and 8th. Also a Monday July 1st. 

Dates & Times
Disney Villains After Hours will take place on the following nights this summer:

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Monday, July 1, 2019

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Thursday, August 8, 2019

The mayhem runs from 10 PM to 1 AM—but you can check in as early as 7:00 PM to get a jump on the fun!

Prices
Tickets to Disney Villains After Hours can be purchased in advance for $139 per adult or child, plus tax—or purchased on the day of the event for $144 per adult or child, plus tax.

Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of specially priced tickets for just $109 per adult or child, plus tax.

Tickets Go On Sale April 29, 2019
To purchase tickets, please check back when tickets go on sale on April 29, 2019.

Know Before You Go

Guests with Disney Villains After Hours tickets can enter the park at 7:00 PM on the event night. The event takes place from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM.

Character Greetings are NOT part of the event.

Admission to this event requires a separately priced ticket valid only during specific event dates and hours.

Attractions, entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice.

Dates look like every Thursday night in June and July and including August 1st and 8th. Also a Monday July 1st. 
yea and I'm pissed b/c it conflicts with another event I was planning on attending. on July 18th DVC is hosting a free after hours event at Animal kingdom. 

So its $$/Villans at MK or free/FOP and Everest all night at AK. 

"Time in the land also will be limited during the reservation period, though Disney officials could not yet say how they will be enforcing that."

This is the part that I'm curious about. If the line for Smugglers Run requires a 2 hour wait and guests are limited to a 3 or 4 hour stay in SW:GE, it seems like you'll either have to choose between Smugglers Run and little else, or skipping Smugglers Run to experience as much of the rest of SW:GE as you can. That doesn't seem like a very good choice to have to make.

I wonder if guests at the DL hotels will also have a shot at getting a reservation for SW:GE through the public reservation system? That would allow those guests to visit more than once during their stay.
I'm thinking that they plan on flowing you through the land, like a tour guide. So you will return for your reservation time and wait in a group outside the land. From there they release you into the land and you ride the ride. From there you are funneled through the land, shops and whatnot as the next group is going through. Its possible that they may supply colored wrist bands or something that will identify your time slot and then (politely) ask you to exit the land after a set amount of time and they notice you are overstaying based on the color of the wristband. IDK just a guess. But they have capacity restrictions just like in Orlando. So they need move bodies through the land and not allow it to get overrun. 

Based on this new virtual queue, I dont think they will have 2-hour waits for the ride. You'll be able to walk around the park until your time is ready. THen you will be in a large, but not outrageous group moved into the ride. I'd say they want to keep you waiting under 40mins for the ride—because they are collecting the next group to be released right behind yours....wash, rinse repeat.....

At our first trip to Universal - hit both parks once so far.  Some initial thoughts.

- Really like the layout/flow of the garages, security and Port of Entry.  I thought it would be madness but it’s been fine.  It’s a mass of humanity but other than a lady falling on the moving sidewalk it’s worked well 

- Parking has been easy to get in and out of - the parking attendants don’t do as good a job as Disney but it’s been adequate

- Port of entry is cool and I like all the food options but I HATE all the chain places

- But I LOVE having Citywalk and both parks right there together.  One of my biggest issues with park hopping is the amount of time it takes.  And then if you want to go to Disney Springs you might as well leave a couple hours open.  This just seems cozy and I love the vibe at Citywalk.

- Voodoo donuts - YES!!

- Got beer at Citywalk and I’m strolling along with the family to go in to IOA - sorry sir, you can’t take that in?  I’m like :confused:  - I can buy a beer in there.  Still don’t understand and it was great chugging a beer with my wife, kids and parents standing there.  

- Food prices are pretty reasonable.  Annual passes were too so I got those for the 6 of us.  The free parking alone will pay for 2 of them.  And the food and souvenir discounts - it was a no brainer.

More on the two parks later 

AAABatteries said:
At our first trip to Universal - hit both parks once so far.  Some initial thoughts.

- Really like the layout/flow of the garages, security and Port of Entry.  I thought it would be madness but it’s been fine.  It’s a mass of humanity but other than a lady falling on the moving sidewalk it’s worked well 

- Parking has been easy to get in and out of - the parking attendants don’t do as good a job as Disney but it’s been adequate

- Port of entry is cool and I like all the food options but I HATE all the chain places

- But I LOVE having Citywalk and both parks right there together.  One of my biggest issues with park hopping is the amount of time it takes.  And then if you want to go to Disney Springs you might as well leave a couple hours open.  This just seems cozy and I love the vibe at Citywalk.

- Voodoo donuts - YES!!

- Got beer at Citywalk and I’m strolling along with the family to go in to IOA - sorry sir, you can’t take that in?  I’m like :confused:  - I can buy a beer in there.  Still don’t understand and it was great chugging a beer with my wife, kids and parents standing there.  

- Food prices are pretty reasonable.  Annual passes were too so I got those for the 6 of us.  The free parking alone will pay for 2 of them.  And the food and souvenir discounts - it was a no brainer.

More on the two parks later 
Frozen butterbeer is a must.

Rip Ride Rockit is awesome, as is the Hulk ride.

When we went we stayed onsite at Portifino Bay, which comes with free Unlimited Express Passes.  I don’t know if I can ever do Universal without them now. 

Fast pass is a must buy at universal. If u don't, most rides have a "single rider" line that speeds up the process. My wife and I did that and were able to ride the Harry Potter rides 5 or 6 times when they had 90 minute waits 

Fast pass is a must buy at universal. If u don't, most rides have a "single rider" line that speeds up the process. My wife and I did that and were able to ride the Harry Potter rides 5 or 6 times when they had 90 minute waits 
It can almost double the cost, so we avoided. Just need to get there early or stay late for HP rides, but we still did 1 park each day fine without it. Great on site perk though.

I had no idea these existed, but apparently Virgin trains (from Virgin Atlantic....get your minds out of the gutter) will be creating a line that goes straight from Orlando airport and stops in Disney. Apparently, they have added lines all across FL recently and now have their sights set on WDW. The line will also connect Orlando with Miami. 

According to a breaking piece from the Orlando Sentinel, a station at Walt Disney World, as well as a link with SunRail’s Meadow Wood station are set to open at about the same time as Virgin Train USA’s Orlando airport station. “It’s our expectation to get it done and to build out to Disney,” Virgin Trains president Patrick Goddard said about the lines. Construction is expected to take between 30 to 36 months. And so you know they’re serious, Goddard also mentioned that Virgin Trains signed a letter of intent with Disney last year.

“We’ve had an excellent relationship with Walt Disney World. They are big supporters of our project.”

Sir Richard Branson, founder of the venture-capital Virgin Group said about the Orlando line:

“Orlando is very important to us. Connecting Orlando to Miami is a real dream. It will transform the lives of many people.”
The Cocoa-Orlando line is proposed to operate at high speeds of up to 125 mph. From Miami to West Palm Beach, trains will operate at speeds of up to 79 mph. From West Palm to Cocoa, it’s a max of 110 mph. That means a trip from Miami to Orlando could be made in under 3 hours!

Here is some enhanced info on the nighttime shows coming to WDW 

Studios

‘Wonderful World of Animation’

The new “Wonderful World of Animation” laser light and projection show debuts May 1 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as part of the theme park’s 30th anniversary celebration.

The nighttime projection show uses state-of-the-art lighting technology to paint moving images on the park’s version of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. The show will also include lasers, special effects and fireworks accents. The story takes viewers on a panoramic visual journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation. The 12-minute show will have nods to EVERY Disney and Pixar animated film. Also, it is expected to be added to the Studios evening lineup with Disney Movie Magic and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, and depending on the park hours, all 3 will run on the same night. 

Animal Kingdom

Tree of Life ‘Awakenings: Lion King’

The new Tree of Life “Awakenings” projection show paying tribute to the 25th anniversary of “The Lion King” debuts in late May at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The new “Awakenings: Lion King” show on the Tree of Life will feature animated animals, thematic imagery and an original musical score inspired by the Academy Award-winning 1994 animated film.

The four-minute “Awakenings: Lion King” projection show will run nightly from Memorial Day Weekend through Sept. 30. The “Awakenings: Lion King” show will play multiple times after dark along with the other four Awakenings shows until the park closes for the night.

Epcot

Two new nighttime entertainment spectaculars are headed to the World Showcase Lagoon once Epcot retires its original “Illuminations” show after a 20-year run.

The new “Epcot Forever” nighttime entertainment spectacular begins a limited-time run immediately after the original “Illuminations” takes a farewell bow in the fall. “Epcot Forever” celebrates the 37-year history of the park with fireworks, lasers and lighting effects set to a soundtrack of familiar Epcot songs. “We’re going to look back a little bit. We’re going to celebrate in the moment and we’re going to advance to the future of Epcot,” Coble said of the new “Epcot Forever” nighttime spectacular.

The show will include special effects-enabled kites capable of airborne choreography :eek: – a first for an Epcot nighttime entertainment show. The illuminated kites will be controlled by two-man teams aboard Jet Ski-like personal watercraft. The show will employ eight of the Jet Skis, with a driver and kite performer aboard each personal watercraft. The movement of the Jet Skis will also create the wind required to keep the kites aloft.

Music for the new show will feature songs from former and current Epcot attractions. “Epcot Forever” is expected to include the song “One Little Spark” from the Journey into Imagination attraction. It will also include “Magic Journeys” from the 3D film of the same name. 

Illuminations 2020

A new Illuminations show set to debut in 2020 will celebrate how Disney music inspires people around the globe. The fireworks and laser show will feature massive floating set pieces, LED panels and choreographed fountain displays. :eek:

Shawn Slater (Disney Parks Live Entertainment) said of the 2020 show. “Just immense floating set pieces, fireworks, LED panels that are huge, other special effects and lasers. The big, floating set pieces will also have fountains on board that do different choreographed things. It’s amazing.”

glvsav37 said:
had no idea these existed, but apparently Virgin trains (from Virgin Atlantic....get your minds out of the gutter) will be creating a line that goes straight from Orlando airport and stops in Disney. Apparently, they have added lines all across FL recently and now have their sights set on WDW. The line will also connect Orlando with Miami. 

According to a breaking piece from the Orlando Sentinel, a station at Walt Disney World, as well as a link with SunRail’s Meadow Wood station are set to open at about the same time as Virgin Train USA’s Orlando airport station. “It’s our expectation to get it done and to build out to Disney,” Virgin Trains president Patrick Goddard said about the lines. Construction is expected to take between 30 to 36 months. And so you know they’re serious, Goddard also mentioned that Virgin Trains signed a letter of intent with Disney last year.

“We’ve had an excellent relationship with Walt Disney World. They are big supporters of our project.”

Sir Richard Branson, founder of the venture-capital Virgin Group said about the Orlando line:

“Orlando is very important to us. Connecting Orlando to Miami is a real dream. It will transform the lives of many people.”
The Cocoa-Orlando line is proposed to operate at high speeds of up to 125 mph. From Miami to West Palm Beach, trains will operate at speeds of up to 79 mph. From West Palm to Cocoa, it’s a max of 110 mph. That means a trip from Miami to Orlando could be made in under 3 hours!
Yup....it's not a done deal yet though.  They've been talking about this for what seems like years...especially the Miami route.  The hold up is in proposal of using existing lines that run directly through towns like Stuart at those high speeds.  Lots of people are pushing back on that, so it's been a battle.

Back to universal, the worst kept secret there right now is the ongoing ground clearing for a 3rd theme park. Located on a 500-acre plot a few miles south of the current Universal resort, permits and drainage permits have been filed for a new park and parking area. By contrast, this area is larger than either of the current Universal parks. The projected name is Universal's Fantastic Worlds and will have themed lands for Universal Classic Monsters (think Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula), Dreamworks animation area (How to train your dragon, Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda) and a Super Nintendo themed world. 

It appears that there will not be a large lagoon created in the center of the park (unlike both UO and Islands of Adventure) which gives even more real estate to the park. Although there may be a smaller body of water in the rear of the park. 

Given the plot is not adjacent to the current resort, there are plans to expand the local highways to accommodate a dedicated bus lane that will be for the exclusive use of Univeral transportation. Giving the buses a direct path to the park without dealing with local traffic. 

It also seems there has been space set aside for at least 1 hotel structure. 

Don't get all worked up yet, Rumors claim that this won't open until 2023 to 2025 based on the other UO parks construction timelines.

So far there is no official announcement or mention of this park from Universal—except for some permits and the huge dirt plot currently being graded on the same land that UO purchased a few years ago. 

Edit to add: 

By way of comparison, the current Orlando theme park sizes are: 

Disney's Animal Kingdom - 403 acres (most of which is the safari ride and animal housing)
Epcot - 300 acres.
Disney's Hollywood Studios - 135 acres.
Magic Kingdom - 105 acres.

Islands of Adventure - 110 acres
Universal Studios Florida - 125 acres

Edit 2: these sizes do not include parking lots, whereas the plot being cleared for the new park does include parking, office & support space, and road additions. 

Back to universal, the worst kept secret there right now is the ongoing ground clearing for a 3rd theme park. Located on a 500-acre plot a few miles south of the current Universal resort, permits and drainage permits have been filed for a new park and parking area. By contrast, this area is larger than either of the current Universal parks. The projected name is Universal's Fantastic Worlds and will have themed lands for Universal Classic Monsters (think Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula), Dreamworks animation area (How to train your dragon, Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda) and a Super Nintendo themed world. 

It appears that there will not be a large lagoon created in the center of the park (unlike both UO and Islands of Adventure) which gives even more real estate to the park. Although there may be a smaller body of water in the rear of the park. 

Given the plot is not adjacent to the current resort, there are plans to expand the local highways to accommodate a dedicated bus lane that will be for the exclusive use of Univeral transportation. Giving the buses a direct path to the park without dealing with local traffic. 

It also seems there has been space set aside for at least 1 hotel structure. 

Don't get all worked up yet, Rumors claim that this won't open until 2023 to 2025 based on the other UO parks construction timelines.

So far there is no official announcement or mention of this park from Universal—except for some permits and the huge dirt plot currently being graded on the same land that UO purchased a few years ago. 

Edit to add: 

By way of comparison, the current Orlando theme park sizes are: 

Disney's Animal Kingdom - 403 acres (most of which is the safari ride and animal housing)
Epcot - 300 acres.

Edit 2: these sizes do not include parking lots, whereas the plot being cleared for the new park does include parking, office & support space, and road additions. 
Shoot, I’m a local and only knew about the planned hotel...I’m assuming this is area where Wet-n-Wild used to be?

I’m trying to get confirmation as to if this included grocery delivery from local places like garden grocer.  The article still only states “stuff going to to front desk”.  From what I know GG delivers to bell services.  There is nothing on GGs site mentioning a fee or anything.  
I'd be shocked if they didn't charge for going through bell services too...it IS Disney  ;)  

I’m trying to get confirmation as to if this included grocery delivery from local places like garden grocer.  The article still only states “stuff going to to front desk”.  From what I know GG delivers to bell services.  There is nothing on GGs site mentioning a fee or anything.  

I'd be shocked if they didn't charge for going through bell services too...it IS Disney  ;)  
Yeah, and $6 is still a great deal IMO

When do the deals for Dec usually drop and what are they? I've never been in the parks in the winter so I'm not sure. I know Galaxy Edge opens before that, so it's probably nothing great, but anything helps.

Dates for Very Merry Christmas Party have been released

November: 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22 and 24

December: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20 and 22

Tickets range from $99 for advance tickets to $124, and you can save $10 per ticket compared to day-of purchase price when you buy at least a day in advance. Available for all event dates except December 20 and 22, 2019, when full day-of purchase price ($139) will apply.

Epcot - 300 acres.

How the heck is HS bigger than MK?  Is this taking into account the SW:GE area as well?  I just can't fathom that tiny little HS is bigger...

How the heck is HS bigger than MK?  Is this taking into account the SW:GE area as well?  I just can't fathom that tiny little HS is bigger...

It’s more spread out imo
Walking the grounds, I hear you. But I did a google maps overhead of both—same magnification—and brought them into photoshop to isolate the park areas . Seems like a lot of studios acreage is in the fact that it's not a (somewhat) round park like MK is. If you look at where the Fantasmic theater justs out from the main park, that's a lot of space there. Plus don't forget that the studios HAD a full car stunt show that took up some space, plus a full 3-hour backstage tour of movie and TV sets including the whole Catastrophy Canyon set.  All that has not been used in some time making the park seem smaller, but will all be used for the new SW Galaxy's Edge land. 

It's official. The final showing of Epcot's Illuminations will be on Sept 30th with the new interim show debuting the next day on Oct 1st. 

Annnnd.....I'll be there for both shows.  :towelwave:

Just booked 2 nights at the All-Star Movies tacked on to the end of a business conference that I'll be at on the 28th and 29th. 

Edit to add this: WDW Radio just announced a private, special ticket dessert party for both the final night and the 1st night of the new show. I do design work for Lou (host) and his sponsor (Mouse Fan travel) and the owner of MFT just emailed me and bartered a ticket for both events in exchange for the graphic design work for the party. 

:headbang: :pickle: :clap:

Disney + details came out today. Drops in November. 70 bucks for the year or 6.99 a month

Already have shows for Wanda/Vision, Hawkman and Winter soldier, Loki and Mandolorian Star Wars

They are also packaging Hulu and ESPN + with it for a little more. 

Disney + details came out today. Drops in November. 70 bucks for the year or 6.99 a month

Already have shows for Wanda/Vision, Hawkman and Winter soldier, Loki and Mandolorian Star Wars

“Magic of the Animal Kingdom” is the other series planned for Disney+, set at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase Aquarium. Viewers will get to see backstage and see how these conservationist Cast Members work to protect endangered species.
😍

the hulu live integration is really interesting from a price perspective. 

Consider me a subscriber day 1, if anything at least the basic package. 

I’ve used Hulu for about 2 years now and love it.  Disney+ at $70 a year is a no brainer.  

Honestly I thought the price would be in line with Netflix, if not a buck or two higher.

“There were no fork in Medieval times, hence there are no forks at Medieval Times....can I refill your Pepsi?” 

While I don’t think they would have Coke at the real Baatu, far be it for Disney to miss an opportunity to sell you something there will indeed be soft drinks for sale at Glaxay’s Edge.  At least they are having coke repackage the bottles to be themed with the land.  Pretty cool.

https://ziggyknowsdisney.com/coca-cola-galaxys-edge/ 

Interesting news regarding the Gondolas and security

Seems that guests will be security screened at each gondola station before they get on, similar to what is happening at the monorail resorts now. At the station they get off on, there will be a separate entrance lane into the parks where the guest will not need to be rescreened.

This is a great thing, esp at stops like the International Gateway at Epcot, where many people feel that adding these additional guests to the entry process there would really clog things up 

Had a moment of inspiration in the shower today (no not that kind) thinking about the number of things going on at both universal and WDW right now and how they are literally fighting over each other. I've always wanted to do something more public about Disney—blog, podcast, IDK—but it's a very, very crowded space. But hey, that never stopped me from trying—or at least hoarding domains

sooo I went out and secured themeparkfight.com and all the socials. I'm thinking i can make it a place to discuss both WDW and UO as well as the back and forth struggle for visitors between the 2. Let's see whare it goes. 

Users who are viewing this thread